PDA

View Full Version : Changes to CC?

Helix
03-21-2014, 11:17 PM
When I played ArcheAge KR way back when, CC was pretty much the absolute deciding factor in many pvp encounters. I agree that CC should be strong, and it should definitely contribute to a win, however it shouldn't be an absolute. I'm curious what changes have been made in this regard, and how players have adapted to fight against it (I believe vocation got a few channeled buffs which protected against CC but I forget).

Peter
03-22-2014, 01:34 AM
CC is incredibly strong but do you think it's the deciding factor. There are quite a few skills that clear you off CC and make you immune for a few seconds. Will gets two and one makes you immune for 20 seconds I believe. Sorry I didn't answer your questionstion, but I never thought this was a problem.

Noisestorm
03-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Actually CC on Russian servers is a huge problem at the moment. When I was lvl 42 i already could stunlock lvl 50ies and just threeshot them with Perforation and PhantomBlow. The lack of any Diminishing Returns is just tremendous. Most smaller fights are decided purely by burst and stun+knockdown-locks and thats not how it should be. Those CC-Removals you are talking about are just VERY specific and do not cleanse or make you immune of every single CC there is. You have Fear , Sleep , Stun, Knockdown , Silence , Bubble(Lift), Disarm, Slow and Root. And im not sure if am not misisng some more... Sure a little Cleanse is nice, but what does a 30sec CD removal gets you, when you instantly receive another ♥♥♥♥load of other CC?

xDrac
03-22-2014, 07:09 AM
I absolutely agree. Back when I played, once you would get CC'd you were pretty much dead already. Couldn't do anything much against it either. It was really ridiculous.

Get CC'd -> 1-2 hits -> dead. That's very frustrating and I always felt BAD when I did it to other players as well because it really didn't even let them a chance to counter at all.

aphelion
03-22-2014, 08:20 AM
I think the most used answer when it comes to getting perma-CCed is "bring a friend."

Personally, I like it when certain classes can pick up some limited forms of CC immunity. I saw on the skill calc that some powers give that immunity for a few seconds, but it seemed like that was reactive protection as opposed to proactive.

On another thread someone mentioned that you can't stun more than 3 times in a row, or possible four. I guess at that point you are dead, anyway, so the "bring a friend" seems to be the best choice.

KrayPanda
03-22-2014, 08:43 AM
I think the most used answer when it comes to getting perma-CCed is "bring a friend."

Personally, I like it when certain classes can pick up some limited forms of CC immunity. I saw on the skill calc that some powers give that immunity for a few seconds, but it seemed like that was reactive protection as opposed to proactive.

On another thread someone mentioned that you can't stun more than 3 times in a row, or possible four. I guess at that point you are dead, anyway, so the "bring a friend" seems to be the best choice.

If I could +1 this post I would. Aphelion's advice should be a must for players. CC-lock is a rather large problem and as NA players tend to go solo more than other servers, This has to be dealt with otherwise the playerbase will drop dramatically after launch.

OccipitaL
03-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Well, since XL built the game to be CC intensive on purpose I don't think we will be seeing any change at this point. I guess they wanted to force people to play with groups but CC shouldn't have been the way to do it. Oh well, gotta get used to CC-Fest.

Kuro1n
03-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Well wait for the post 1.0 patch ♥♥♥♥, longer PVP fights, less damage more HP etc.

Noisestorm
03-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Well wait for the post 1.0 patch ♥♥♥♥, longer PVP fights, less damage more HP etc.

Thats what i want to see. The HP pools are just ridiculously small. And @'the bring a friend' .. are you serious? If you come with that logic there may also be two attackers and nothing stops them from splitting their attacks on you AND your friend and stunlock you both. Why waste your CC and Skills on one target if you can kill both anyways *rolleyes* . There is _absolutely_ no reason to focus target in this game at the moment, since you can solo anyone else with ease and with nearly every class combination. Again the one landing his CC first literally offers no counterplay. Even if you now say 'huha, but i have a friend who is a healer', i just can reply : 'and?' . Maybe he manages to keep himself alive, but there is practically no chance for him to support someone else, if someone just chain-ccs him.

Im just talking random stuff anways, but no matter what: Balance in the Russian Version just sucks donkey balls and i REALLY hope Trion gonna settle things :/

TrueHull
03-22-2014, 09:04 PM

saw a player on KR stream get 10-15k DMG

Sweetdeal
03-23-2014, 05:09 AM
I think CC is a way to strong right now, as you get forced to take CC Breaker if you want to serious 1vs1 PvP otherwise just go mass PvP *smile*

Sekkusu
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
It's true, CC in this game is a bit too much. It makes me wander why there aren't that many Conjurers on my server. Mostly Archers and other type of Mages.

kiukiu
03-25-2014, 04:04 AM
what is a CC? :)

Mavol
03-25-2014, 04:38 AM
what is a CC? :)

It stands for spells or abilities that do "Crowd Control" In other words status effects that stop you from say moving or possibly making you move against your will or sleep, maybe poly-morph into an animal.

DeepFish
03-25-2014, 05:19 AM
Well, it's more like single pvp to worry about. But you must remember that this game is about sieges, ganks and mass pvp, and there single target CC is not that good.

kiukiu
03-25-2014, 05:26 AM
In group pvps these classes are not effective, as long as you have bard close to you. They are fearsome only if u meet them alone :)