PDA

View Full Version : Combo Questions beyond theory

Jester08
08-05-2014, 07:07 PM
I am basically trying to figure out if some combo's can be linked and what some of the descriptions mean. This is all under PVP consideration so many times are halved.

Focal Concussion>Enervate>Mirror Light>Earthen Grip
This is attempting to add the Snare dmg with the heal.

Skewer>Crows>Hell Spears
Trying to spread out the Impale effects, start the DOT asap, but still get the double impale extra dmg

Stillness>Purge
What does "restrained" due? From the video's I've seen Snare seems to work like I think of a Root. This one has me confused, but 2 seconds of something could be very good.

Stalker's Mark>Overwhelm>Rapid Fire
Just confirming this would be a good low level starter for leveling and adding Blood-lust.

Thwart>Wallop
Is it a good way to get Thwart down for Inspire stacks? Worth the 11% dmg increase to Wallop?

Drop back> Overwhelm
How far does Drop back go, will it allow for a lead straight into Overwhelm?

Redoubt>Liberation
What is this "Magic Shield"? Is it a set amount of magic damage, a mitigation, or what?

Shrug it off>Boastful Roar
So, 3000 Mettle plus 60% means 4800 dmg?

Does Bear's Vigor increase the rate at which Mettle is gained as it says it increases two abilities associated with Mettle gain?

Tripped basically works as an extension of Stun (Player can't do anything)?

Kutsus
08-05-2014, 07:28 PM
1. I haven't tried this, but I distinctly remember someone complaining that it won't fire both combo effects on the Alpha forums a week or 2 ago. Anyone with a level 5 or higher char could test this for you. I'll do it later if I remember.

2. You'll probably be able to get it off pretty comfortably. Someone else may have tested this, I have not.

3. Restrained is Shackle (melee disarm)

4. If you mean Rapid Strikes, then yes. Stalker's Mark > Overwhelm > Rapid Strike from behind is great damage, especially at low levels before you get Shadowsmite and Precision Strike.

5. Thwart is typically something that you precast to keep your inspire stacks refreshed, I rarely see people use it in combat. Triple Slash gives the same debuff for Wallop to combo off of.

6. Drop back goes back around 12m, but about 2/3 of the way through the animation you can use your next ability and actually fly right back to them with Overwhelm before you ever touch the ground. This works fine. When I first started playing, my favorite combo was doing Back Drop > Charge > Triple Slash x1 > Instant Sunder Earth... but alas, they took it from us.

7. Not sure

8. Yes, before their magic mitigation counts against it at least. You're likely to run into upwards of 50% magic mitigation against a cloth wearing Witchcraft user.

9. It does not increase the rate of mettle gain, just makes both abilities stronger. If I remember right, the heal over time one goes from 15hp/sec to 20hp/sec, and refreshment gains ~400 hp.

10. Tripped is different than stun. Player falls to the ground and can't do anything until they get up.

Jester08
08-06-2014, 05:55 AM
As always Kutsus thank you for the quality information. A real eye opener for me how few people on these forums actually know some of the basic game mechanics.

You said
10. Tripped is different than stun. Player falls to the ground and can't do anything until they get up.
As someone that has seen a bunch of your video's I get that the graphic shows someone going down for tripped, but as the person behind the other keyboard, is there a difference between stun and tripped? I mean it seems like the toon just can't do anything during either and hence adding the trip is basically an extension of the stun with a graphic added.

I'm really curious about the Magic shield from Redout and Liberation. It might be worth spec'ing for.

Kutsus
08-06-2014, 06:06 AM
As always Kutsus thank you for the quality information. A real eye opener for me how few people on these forums actually know some of the basic game mechanics.

You said
As someone that has seen a bunch of your video's I get that the graphic shows someone going down for tripped, but as the person behind the other keyboard, is there a difference between stun and tripped? I mean it seems like the toon just can't do anything during either and hence adding the trip is basically an extension of the stun with a graphic added.

I'm really curious about the Magic shield from Redout and Liberation. It might be worth spec'ing for.

It's not an extension of stun - they're not related crowd control other than the fact that both completely disable the opponent. The difference is that each is a different CC, meaning different combos.

Jester08
08-06-2014, 09:43 AM
That's what I was trying to say. "both completely disable the opponent."

For the Purge combo's you seem to be indicating Shackled and Restrained mean the same thing and this is disarm?

What are the longest CC/combo's you can't dmg yourself out of.
Freezing Earth>Freezing Arrow= Deep Freeze at 15 seconds
Freezing Earth>Lassitude= Sleep for 5.75
Bubble>4.4 seconds
*Imprison>15 seconds (can be escaped via glider)

I'm probably missing a few.

Kutsus
08-06-2014, 10:00 AM
That's what I was trying to say. "both completely disable the opponent."

For the Purge combo's you seem to be indicating Shackled and Restrained mean the same thing and this is disarm?

What are the longest CC/combo's you can't dmg yourself out of.
Freezing Earth>Freezing Arrow= Deep Freeze at 15 seconds
Freezing Earth>Lassitude= Sleep for 5.75
Bubble>4.4 seconds
*Imprison>15 seconds (can be escaped via glider)

I'm probably missing a few.

The ability values on archeagedatabase are almost all for a level 1 character instead of a ranked up level 50. Lassitude is much longer @ 50, 14s or 15s if I remember right (I'm at work). Same goes for bubble, I think it's 18.8s. Of course each of these are halved in PVP... but the point I'm making is *do not* use archeagedatabase for CC duration.

Legion
08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
The ability values on archeagedatabase are almost all for a level 1 character instead of a ranked up level 50. Lassitude is much longer @ 50, 14s or 15s if I remember right (I'm at work). Same goes for bubble, I think it's 18.8s. Of course each of these are halved in PVP... but the point I'm making is *do not* use archeagedatabase for CC duration.

Lassitude 5 sec in PvP and bubble 6-7 =]

Jester08
08-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Hard to theorycraft with bad info on the calculators. Oh well. Thanks for steering me right. New comp came in today, just waiting on CB3 now.

From experience what are the long CC's? I don't need exact time just and idea of two or three of the longer CC methods and an approximate duration.

I'm trying to figure out if Sorc is not only offering some of the best dmg but the best CCs or combo's into CCs.

Again this is all for PVP. Level 50 would be ideal.

Jester08
08-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Is Deep Freeze the longest CC at level 50? How do you make it happen?