PDA

View Full Version : Splash Screen/Intro

UnexpectedGreg
08-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Hello Archeage,

So I pres play on the Glyph client and the Trion Worlds splash screen runs through. It then starts to play the Intro movie and after about 10 seconds Archeage quits to desktop with no errors. Now I've tried frantically pressing space bar and escape at the same time when I press play again to bump past the splash screens but did not work. I have also edited the config file so that it shows I have watched the intro but whether I set it to 0 or 1 it still tries to run the intro. There is one thing I am not going to do which is uninstall the game and re download it. 45Gb is waaaay too much to download over the internet as our internet is metered (Surely you must realize this for some people). I was lucky I managed to download this tbh (Plz send disk :rolleyes: ). So this problem has been happening to me about a week or two now. I have tried re installing my GPU drivers also.

Summary: Splash screen crash.
Steps to Reproduce: I run glyph client as normal, I press play as normal.
Frequency: Every time since the last two weeks.
Severity: 5+
System Specs: List your OS, RAM, GPU, router, and modem. Windows 8, 8Gb RAM, i7 2.4GHz 4700MQ, nVidia 770m. Basically and Alienware 17 laptop.
Additional Notes: No additional notes.

Hope you can get this resolved ASAP so that my 100 didn't go to waste.

UnexpectedGreg.

TheFell
08-06-2014, 12:43 AM
beta event has ended. For some reason, most likely testing servers, the logging servers are online.

edit: need coffee :p at first glance thought this was about the issue that people could press play even though beta ended....

icesand
08-06-2014, 05:10 AM
This must be a bug. The hardware of my pc is pretty similar to yours.

Jestunhi
08-06-2014, 05:11 AM
If you are trying to access the beta servers outside of the beta events this is what is expected to happen.

Freezie
08-06-2014, 05:26 AM
If you are trying to access the beta servers outside of the beta events this is what is expected to happen.

^^ Pretty much this will be the issue.

icesand
08-06-2014, 05:33 AM

No. I just received the mail which told me that I had been granted the access of Beta tests.

Raincry
08-06-2014, 04:28 PM
No. I just received the mail which told me that I had been granted the access of Beta tests.

The beta period has ended on August 4th. This may be the reason.

NoZephy
08-06-2014, 05:21 PM

There is no Beta event happening as of this exact moment though, so the game closing is expected.