PDA

View Full Version : Choosing your Race!

Skitzey
04-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Are the passives of the races going to determine which race you choose?

Nuiane
Passive Skills

Spell that enhances the ability for some time after the resurrection of the character.

Increases the speed of construction of houses by 30%.

Elves
Passive Skills

Able to hold their breath under water 2 times longer than other races.

Swimming speed is increased by 5%.

Harniytsy
Passive Skills

Recovery period skill "Return" is reduced by 30%.

Speed ​​cutting of trees and grass collection increased by 30%.

Ferre
Passive Skills

Damage from falling from a height of less than 20%.

30% faster climb trees and ladders.

I myself love the less falling damage that the ferre get. So that may make me choose them over any other race.

Keter
04-14-2014, 02:16 AM
Nuian are Pvp zoners because if they die ,they get the Buff of the priesstess more longer,could be awesome if u want to avenge yourself.

Elves are not really like true guy with a lot of testostérone (if u know what i mean,but if u check the last lord of the rings,legolas in the jail was jealous of the dwarf and said it aproximatively to the elves girl XD)
but they got the best Passives ,5% swimming speed coupled with the crafted swimming fins (30%) in plus with the "Run" skill,u can be a real dolphin in the sea,

1 minute longer under water + crafted spacesuit u can be a recordman.

Skitzey
04-14-2014, 02:22 AM
yeah good points keter. So you reckon Nuian are the preferred choice for pvp?

Nyilaira
04-14-2014, 02:25 AM
I think the best passive is the Firran to reduce fall damage. Now, I'm going to go Nuian because I don't like being a half cat lol regardless how cute it may seem to be

Keter
04-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Yes but only in ur continent zone that are in war time,because if u fight over the sea ,the time u back again to the fight with the priesstess buff,the buff will be already gone i imagine,sea travels are long.

and with the crafted parts (fins+spacesuit) and elves passives u have quite the speed of a harpoon boat,but more speed than a small boat.

Keter
04-14-2014, 02:35 AM
I think the best passive is the Firran to reduce fall damage. Now, I'm going to go Nuian because I don't like being a half cat lol regardless how cute it may seem to be

Yea i forgot the style,but my council was for some activities purpose,yes nuians look like humans,Harnitsy are not taller,and with ferre u can make a character like the movie of james cameron (avatar)

DarknessLord
04-14-2014, 03:04 AM
Well i like harniytsy but Nuiane seem OP... QQ

Josh the Wizard
04-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Elf here! Gotta love being a Sorcerer yo.

Skitzey
04-14-2014, 03:08 AM
yeah i guess if you're going to be a heavy farmer, choosing harniytsy is the way to go.

kiukiu
04-14-2014, 03:38 AM
I was studying long enough to deduct that harani is the best race ingame.

Why?
Firsty I compared eastern and western continent trade packs and reached the conclusion, that westerners are screwed badly, their packs are just SO bad that they are forced into piracy, going more often going against their own race, to make up for better living.
For example, all so loved alchemy: I hope we all know that to craft robe and heavy armor you need oils, specifically you need rice to craft 30-34level leather armor, and rare rice to craft 40-44level armors, and believe me when i say, that those rare materials gonna cost 3-5g each. For crafting robe armors you need clover 30-34, and rare clover 40-44. (never seen on ru server rare clover price drop down below 4g point). So, to get those rare materials, you gonna have to do the plantations of rice and clover, and eventually you gonna have so much of them and market gonna be so full of it, that no1 will need it. So what to do with it? Thats when trade packs come to help. Eastern continent is so great, having both clover trade packs, and rice trade packs. If you have some common knowledge of Archeage market, and study carefully western and eastern trade pack recipes, you will understand that westerners are screwed so badly, from 11 location, they have only 2 that are related somehow to equipment crafting, that is the leading sphere of Archeage market.

And now for those who will say, it is not related to pvps like in Nuanis situation. Well it is, with prosperity comes strenght in equipment, so naturally, easterners are much richer races. So, now I have come to conclusion that eastern continent races are far better than westerners, but there are two races so which one?
Harani ofc, when you start doing trade pack runs, you will realise the power of their skills.
For example, if you want fast and good start with wood, (tree choping) you gonna have to plant in hidden areas, because trees growth is long, they take A LOT of space, and material is so valuable in the first month, that it costs 2-4 times more, than it costs after 2 months. Thats when tree cutting speed comes in handy, when 2-3 players gonna be cutting the same tree, harani will be the one getting the wood.
Now the second skill, reduction of cooldown of return 30%. After some time when you hit ur level 50 you will realise that about 40% of your gametime you spend doing trade pack runs, because it is SLOW. Donkey with all the buffs reaches up to 6m/s and that is max speed that can be reached. And when you have like TONS of clover or rice (mentioned above), you will need to get quickly to the location where those trade packs craft. Why quickly? Because when turning in the trade pack, and returning quickly, u might catch same public transportation you were using the same direction, because while you are returning and crafting you pack, it is returning aswell. So, using same route, you can do fast trade runs till you are out of material, or LP or bored.

Aurelius Luna
04-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Elf here plan on deep sea tresure hunting and galleon captain

Skitzey
04-14-2014, 05:22 AM
i don't know what this means ''Recovery period skill "Return" is reduced by 30%.'' someone mind explaining? Reading Kiuiu's post made me look into the Harniytsy.

DarknessLord
04-14-2014, 06:44 AM
I think its about the recall ability cd. About the elf i think they have the weakest buffs since u can also stay underwater a lot whit the suit u get whit some boats.

Skitzey
04-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Oh cheers darkness

Osias
04-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Being a pirate elf would be fun. Though Nuianes seems to have the best advantage.

Keter
04-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Darkness: the buff for underwater is better for some quests that are under the sea,and exemple for harvest sea farm,in plus with scuba tank on the boat,its awesome.

and swim speed is not unnecessary when ur boat is under attack and surrounded by ennemies,when u trying to espace with the fins and that speed,thats cool to get out alive:p

Locket
04-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Passives aren't really ever a factor when it comes to me deciding a race. Mostly because I just ♥ character creation. So I'd pick the one that looks the most like what I like. :3

Keter
04-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Locket however yes.

kiukiu
04-14-2014, 07:59 AM
yes, return skill is ready to reuse 30% faster, 21min instead of 30min.

Yama
04-14-2014, 08:15 AM
I will be a Har

Shane
04-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Think I'll probably choose an Elf!1

Senichiro
04-14-2014, 08:57 AM
i did a thread like this before http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?2088-Racial-Skills

Lucifer
04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Nuian or Hariharan

Ads
04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Initially, I wanted to be a big bad-♥♥♥ Nuian, but I'm ever so quickly leaning towards a little sneaky Harani. There's something satisfying about being small and mischievous that I always end up adoring. I don't really like the starting mount, but I guess I can always switch to a big black shadow cat to match my stealthy needs. :D

I always end up ignoring racial abilities. Looking bad-♥♥♥ is much more important to me.

ROAR! ...Aren't you just terrified? :o

r3dbull
04-15-2014, 03:53 AM
I was studying long enough to deduct that harani is the best race ingame.

I'll go straight for Hariharan too, I was unsure on the passive buffs but now that I start to achieve some acknowledge of the game I think I made my choice :)

Aelos
04-15-2014, 04:20 AM
I'll be going for an Elf since I'll be treasure hunting c:

brittleheart
04-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Either Firran or Harani

Nyilaira
04-15-2014, 05:37 AM
I'm going Nuian ;D 100%

BoneFire
04-15-2014, 07:18 AM
It would be a cool feature if we could choose our racial passive instead of being forced into a race that you much rather not play due to its racial superiority. Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way.

RockaPanter
04-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Harniytsy will be mine =^_^=

Moine
04-15-2014, 03:45 PM
I'll likely be playing either Ferre or Elf. it really depends on what my friends decide on going. :\