PDA

View Full Version : The first of many server wide events!

Shortyy
10-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Hey players of Rangora. I am planning to do a server wide 5v5 event which everyone who would like to can take part in. It will be an evening of PvP and action for people to either take part in or watch from the sidelines :)

The rules would be as follows:

Maximum of 5 players(obvious one here)
Full buffs allowed
No pots/Ginseng
Any Class/Combo Allowed and no max limit on each class(I wanna see some strategy here)
No griefing and interrupting the fight that is taking place(yes this even applies to us)
Thinking of adding a GS limit on here to make sure the teams are some what fair to everyone? I want guilds to spread their most geared players across theirs teams and not stack it on one only. Imo I think 20k across the board would be ideal.

Currently thinking of holding it at our castle in Calmlands but am open to change to places that are better for it.

Now this is where I ask for your assistance. Of course if you think i should remove/change some of the rules for this event. Feel free to post on this thread :)

How many teams should we allow each guild to have? I was thinking 2-3 so it doesn't last forever. But I would like to see what other people think.

Vote here -> http://strawpoll.me/5768047

Of course there will be prizes and I hope other guilds will donate something to the winners as well. Personally Konvict will give away some Lord Coins and Some Gold/Apex depending on how many people we get taking part.

Have a great Sunday and I look forward to reading you're thoughts and feelings on this.

Kind Regards

Shorty

ResurioxZ
10-18-2015, 09:40 AM
The only rule i dont like in here is the Limit to Gearscore

Gothiques
10-18-2015, 09:53 AM
15k across 5 people is like GS for 5 mobs

Shortyy
10-18-2015, 10:18 AM
The only rule i dont like in here is the Limit to Gearscore

We are going to have to balance it somehow. I think 20k is reasonable.

Katiechops
10-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Will you be catering for roleplayers too?

ResurioxZ
10-18-2015, 10:33 AM
We are going to have to balance it somehow. I think 20k is reasonable.

We need alteast 23k to participe D:

Mvh
10-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Putting a gearscore limit just means you can stack darkrunners with epic weps and 1 shot people in limited gear

gj

izze
10-18-2015, 11:06 AM
if you dont like it dont participate. Stacking darkrunners wont work but i wont tell you.

@ resu: maybe not stack all your topgeared players in 1 group?

RavenAven
10-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Ainz can be in his own group

Lastosmane
10-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Ainz can be in his own group

and click his skills + keyboardturn lmao

anyways we will take part the gs shouldnt be capped so hard in average about 4,3k would be fine i think ^^

Flashingcookies
10-18-2015, 01:38 PM
level 55 only or potatoes can join too?
P.s. Looks lik Chuchu in man team if skill is capped so no skill caps plox

izze
10-18-2015, 01:42 PM
it was only a 1st suggestion we gonna up the gs limit prolly to 17.5k or even 20k, but we will announce that. As we said we are open to suggestions and will think about them and let you know what goes on in the end.

After all we want a nice fair and square PVP tournament.

Flashingcookies
10-18-2015, 01:58 PM
and click his skills + keyboardturn lmao

anyways we will take part the gs shouldnt be capped so hard in average about 4,3k would be fine i think ^^
I think it should be the average gs of this server x5 so guilds/people who aren't geared that much can acc be relevant in some way and take part. It also makes communication,strategy and skill more important meaning we can find out who is acc "best" in terms of skill. This also means people can't complain later about how the p2w etc. Lessens the drama and salt cuz we already have enuf.

Luffeh
10-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Just make 2 gearscore brackets, 1 unlimited and other should be something most ppl can deal with, like 15k or w/e.

CAKE
10-19-2015, 12:32 AM
Just make 2 gearscore brackets, 1 unlimited and other should be something most ppl can deal with, like 15k or w/e.

This ^ .. + I would advise holding it in Sungold Fields like other servers do - More space near lodestone + better fps with a bigger number of people since no housing in the zone.

But PvP server events <3 (Nice going Shorty) Possibly 10v10/15v15/20v20 would be a good idea for the future

JackOfAllTrades
10-19-2015, 12:54 AM
just gib castle as first prize shorty :D

Saturas
10-19-2015, 03:15 AM
I like this idea and actually the gearscore-cap is reasonable, if chosen wise. I don't have the worst gear but having like 5 ppl with an average of 4.5k gs in a team is just imbalanced since most other guilds (especially the small ones) won't be able to scratch them. 17.5-20k should be fine IMO. more than 20k is too much if I look at all the people in arenas and outside of it. This is still way above average.

Meed
10-19-2015, 04:08 AM
First place prize should be an ayanad club design, i mean, you can't sell it anyway

https://media.giphy.com/media/2cEI6cICtD54s/giphy.gif

Shortyy
10-19-2015, 09:10 AM

I think thats a good idea. Means more people can take part ^^ I hope.. However that means two sets of prizes :L depending on sign ups and interest in both it would only be viable if enough people will take part.

Shortyy
10-19-2015, 09:12 AM
This ^ .. + I would advise holding it in Sungold Fields like other servers do - More space near lodestone + better fps with a bigger number of people since no housing in the zone.

But PvP server events <3 (Nice going Shorty) Possibly 10v10/15v15/20v20 would be a good idea for the future

Sounds good. I hope to do more after this one to make things interesting also have ideas that aren't based around PvP as well to get more people involved.

Ligis
10-19-2015, 02:44 PM
You can give out some peace treaties for consolation prizes, you have a lot of those.

http://i.imgur.com/GpcQD3y.gif

Lastosmane
10-19-2015, 03:32 PM
im pretty sure i can add 10 lord coins to the prizes too for the guild Zerg

Mvh
10-19-2015, 08:48 PM
You can give out some peace treaties for consolation prizes, you have a lot of those.

done

Teel
10-19-2015, 10:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/1yhX1.gif

RavenAven
10-20-2015, 03:21 AM

https://lh5.ggpht.com/hnJfPKfq9RNqcUjkkXZZBihgWAzSOnGBxDcEZa6EueGGdk7PAs _RkLWP-kjpBatfhkymkEcJ1v-lw7E5YyPmI4V7?.gif http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Jim-Carrey-Be-Strong-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

chadr
10-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Maybe after the event is done you guys can hold a bloodstain reporting contest.
It'll be much easier to host since you're experts in that field and I'm quite sure Konvict teams will take at least 5 places from the top 10. All those sleepless nights of bloodstain reporting will finally pay off!

Shadowyn
10-20-2015, 07:49 AM
It'll be much easier to host since you're experts in that field and I'm quite sure Konvict teams will take at least 5 places from the top 10. All those sleepless nights of bloodstain reporting will finally pay off!

Next time I see your mum, I'll tell her you needed more hugs as a child.

Outlanderp
10-20-2015, 09:17 AM

Iz only game. Y u hef to be mad?!

RavenAven
10-20-2015, 11:31 AM

You could give us lessons in how to turn a server into a drama class ^__^

Tyldor
10-20-2015, 04:08 PM

Konvict got titled to nr 1 guild Rangora for a reason. They don't only kill world bosses, they also do achievements now! Bloodstain reporting is one of them. Hat off to Konvict for expanding your broad achievements you've managed to snatch in this game, it's very impressive so far!

Is keeping Peace Treaty up 24/7 also an achievement? ''Once A Chicken, Always A Chicken'' I believe it's called. You're nearly there guys, keep pushing! World's First ''Once A Chicken, Always A Chicken'' is in sight!!!

chadr
10-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Next time I see your mum, I'll tell her you needed more hugs as a child.
Nice try.

Iz only game. Y u hef to be mad?!
Why would I even be mad?

You could give us lessons in how to turn a server into a drama class ^__^
What?

What's up guys, can't take a joke?
Did I hit a nerve? Did I hurt your feelings? Want me to apologize for pointing out something that's obvious, but not really important, in a humorous way? Will that make you feel better? :(

Tron
10-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Wait...
votf is back in archeage?
dahuta's votf?
seatin man of legends votf?
votf vs futilezz votf? :D

RavenAven
10-21-2015, 02:38 AM
Nice try.

Why would I even be mad?

What?

What's up guys, can't take a joke?
Did I hit a nerve? Did I hurt your feelings? Want me to apologize for pointing out something that's obvious, but not really important, in a humorous way? Will that make you feel better? :(

I don't think you understand what I was referring to, np xox, but keep trolling a server event thread boys, keep it classy ;)

CookieSith
10-21-2015, 03:04 AM
What if i told you the Arcadian Sea became salty with HPC tears? Take your drama and go away ^^

Outlanderp
10-21-2015, 05:18 AM
As the best blood stain reporter in Konvict, I vote that we hold weekly events for blood stain reporting. I mean why wouldn't I report bloodstains from an opposition guild which is right next to me...
http://i.imgur.com/HAlGYFd.jpg

CAKE
10-21-2015, 05:23 AM
Wait...
votf is back in archeage?
dahuta's votf?
seatin man of legends votf?
votf vs futilezz votf? :D

We are now called "Honor Point Collectors", but yes my young fanboi friend ^^ a lot of us returned to wreak havoc in gvg on Rangora. (Just a shame its taking some Rangoran guilds time to get organised)

Shortyy
10-21-2015, 05:41 AM
So looking at it we will do 2 brackets one with a limit and one without. A team can only be in one bracket to keep it fair. This means we will have to offer half the reward between each bracket. However this again goes back to the sign ups so I think we should look at what numbers would attend. Think a separate thread my be in order.. what do you think?

Flashingcookies
10-21-2015, 07:34 AM
So looking at it we will do 2 brackets one with a limit and one without. A team can only be in one bracket to keep it fair. This means we will have to offer half the reward between each bracket. However this again goes back to the sign ups so I think we should look at what numbers would attend. Think a separate thread my be in order.. what do you think?
May , as the typo King and potato Lord I can't let u slip that by shorty.

Adrenalinez
10-26-2015, 02:10 PM
No pots/Ginseng
No mana no mages

Shortyy
10-27-2015, 04:35 AM
Sandwichs and soups are fine :) all tailored to the fights. As I said previously this is a trial run and I plan to do more as long as theres a decent turn out.

Tesshu
10-27-2015, 08:02 AM
No mana no mages

Also no healers , like 1 heal combo and out off mana

RGenesis
10-27-2015, 06:01 PM
I was the guy who made the PvP event (tournament) on Aier server (my past name is Null).. You need 1) More than 3-4 ppl to organize it all (people should be from both sides). 2) You should talk directly to guild leaders of both (all three?) factions. And you should deal with fact that mana is a problem. Allow only soups and it will destroy any problems about mana. Soups are not imba, its + regen (not +5k+ mana in 2 clicks) and its working fine for pvp like this.
And last, but not the least, you should have someone with stream and may be even commentators. Would be fun. Gl with that.

Tammuz
10-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Thinking of adding a GS limit on here to make sure the teams are some what fair to everyone? I want guilds to spread their most geared players across theirs teams and not stack it on one only. Imo I think 20k across the board would be ideal.

They see me rollin
They hatin...

Shortyy
10-28-2015, 04:49 AM
They see me rollin
They hatin...

Im doing 2 brackets one with a limit and one without :)

Ajaz
11-18-2015, 01:04 AM
This is a great idea. Did the event ever happen? Been checking this forumpart continiously but never sen more than this and The signup thread.