PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of the week, the servers are down... let the flaming begin

Col
10-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Forum warriors assemble

Sladarius
10-20-2015, 06:18 PM
I'm about to reply to the yukibango post.

Col
10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm about to reply to the yukibango post.

that post was 10/10 also finally someone mentions Encore

Hal
10-20-2015, 06:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ckhxU3a.jpg

Fors
10-20-2015, 06:43 PM
that post was 10/10 also finally someone mentions Encore

Encore tore most guilds a new one during their peak.
Scouting Anthalon alongside Julian was my favorite hobby during that period.

Hal
10-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Encore tore most guilds a new one during their peak.

I miss Encore

AeonAuron
10-20-2015, 10:33 PM

Do you remember when Julian just made you talk and talk and talk, you forgot you were there to scout and we were doing Anthalon meanwhile you were "scouting" it, but you noticed the game in the end? Good times.

Fors
10-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Do you remember when Julian just made you talk and talk and talk, you forgot you were there to scout and we were doing Anthalon meanwhile you were "scouting" it, but you noticed the game in the end? Good times.

LOL yeah we just started chatting and I was half tabbed out with half my screen covered with my browser thinking "Julian is right next to me, everything is fine" until I tabbed back into game only to see the rest of the guild (no pun intended) DPSing Anthalon.

I got outplayed. Hard.

Nicko
10-21-2015, 01:28 AM
I miss Reborn. The only (maybe Encore too) guild who did PvP as it is supposed to be done. Well organized and small scale.

csimi
10-21-2015, 01:50 AM
I miss Reborn. The only (maybe Encore too) guild who did PvP as it is supposed to be done. Well organized and small scale.

No. Small scale pvp is just too unbalanced and campy.
Get enough healers and gank-style classes and you won.
As the fight gets bigger it becomes more important to have a healthy composition with archer assist squads and strong frontline.

Nicko
10-21-2015, 01:59 AM
No. Small scale pvp is just too unbalanced and campy.
Get enough healers and gank-style classes and you won.
As the fight gets bigger it becomes more important to have a healthy composition with archer assist squads and strong frontline.

Small scale and large scale pvp differs greatly in strategy. What is the mindset that you have in say 50v50? Suddenly people become numbers and tools. "Group 6 and 7 go left and nuke their archers" or w/e. Personal skill suddenly doesn't matter.
Small scale PvP is all about personal skill and direct cooperation between people. "Bob and Jimmy you need to do that thing that you do to Sam and Fred"

Large scale PvP is way more spectacular but small scale feels like more of an achievement when you win.

hiks
10-21-2015, 02:03 AM
small scale PVP is much more fun than large scale PVP. holding your own against a blob is more fun then blobbing

Fors
10-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Small scale and large scale pvp differs greatly in strategy. What is the mindset that you have in say 50v50? Suddenly people become numbers and tools. "Group 6 and 7 go left and nuke their archers" or w/e. Personal skill suddenly doesn't matter.
Small scale PvP is all about personal skill and direct cooperation between people. "Bob and Jimmy you need to do that thing that you do to Sam and Fred"

Large scale PvP is way more spectacular but small scale feels like more of an achievement when you win.

Both have their place in the game, to each his own. I generally prefer larger scale battles but that might be a direct influence of the fact that the guilds I've been a part of all had their main focus on mass.

Nicko
10-21-2015, 02:32 AM
Both have their place in the game, to each his own. I generally prefer larger scale battles but that might be a direct influence of the fact that the guilds I've been a part of all had their main focus on mass.

Yea I agree to each his own. In other games (MMOs or not) I was always focused on really small scale organized pvp (2v2, 5v5, 10v10). And in ArcheAge as well but sadly not as much as I wanted originally.
The Large scale is important, as that's what sieges, mm, halcy, kraken (the big one), dgs etc. are. But for me that's only a necessary evil that I try to avoid if I can since I find small scale way more fun and rewarding.

Ascale
10-21-2015, 02:35 AM
the thing in my opinion is that as soon as you have more than 20 people fighting 20 others, the gear isn't as much important as it would be in a 5v5, it's all about the compostion and strategy.

just my point of view

Furleman
10-21-2015, 02:44 AM
the thing in my opinion is that as soon as you have more than 20 people fighting 20 others, the gear isn't as much important as it would be in a 5v5, it's all about the compostion and strategy.

just my point of view

gear still matters. but the strategy and the targeting is important aswell.

csimi
10-21-2015, 02:44 AM
Small scale PvP is all about personal skill and direct cooperation between people.

No. In this game personal skill plays only a small role. Right now it plays as a defense and cc-heavy game.
Class >>> gear >> ping > skill.

This is an undeniable fact.

The smaller scale the pvp is, the more pronounced this effect is.
In a large scale pvp this is mostly offset due to tactics, teamplay and and it becomes more about positioning, getting a good composition in your raid regarding to classes useful in mass pvp and having good target picking and assisting. Classes playing their own roles, for example darkrunners defending healers or flanking instead of just mindlessly running at you and trip/silence for enough time to 2hit you.

Small scale and large scale pvp in this game requires a completely different mindset and you can't just say that mass pvp is a zergfest because it requires more than that to be successful.