PDA

View Full Version : How is this server doing since launch? is it still very active? Good future for it?

Arwyyn
10-27-2015, 06:45 PM
So just wondering how things are here and if the server is going to work out or are people on the new server beginning to quit already or is the server still going awesome and does it have a bright future? i do notice its high populated when others arent.

Date
10-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Well I recently joined it and all I can say is Its a fight for Rifts ;p

Lots people and people that a good Gear Scored already. Sadly I am only lvl 40 so can not say but very fun ATM.

Pop is good and I hear pvp is great but im still kinda low for pvp and even worst my gear is lvl 30 stuff haha.

Demrocks
10-28-2015, 12:34 AM
I find it a very tame server. compared to Dahuta at launch there is not much pvp to be found in terms of east vs west.

Some Pk guilds on west create contend in the form of ganking fishermen but overal its very boring just like other servers.

I hope Rangora gains more momentum and drama and especialy more conflict as it feels like playing in lalaland.

Shadowyn
10-28-2015, 03:09 AM
Sadly it's a bit of a boring server, the pop is great and there's a good amount of active guilds but I feel the server balance... Well lack of it is hindering what could be a strong server. Faction v Faction games heavily rely on balance. It's still early days for the server though so this may change over time with luck.

CCopunn
10-28-2015, 03:11 AM
The pop is decent. But the action is nothing compared to Dahuta, east is pretty ♥♥♥♥ty when talking about RvR. These days Dahuta is pretty dead, only 3people in maria. I hope east will get decent alliance and brings server balance back

SakuraCalleil
10-28-2015, 04:00 AM
Balance wise, West outnumber the east (so if starting, please roll on the east side). However, the difference isn't impossible. East do win Halycona (epic defensive win) and Mistmorrow.

CAKE
10-28-2015, 05:40 AM
I think the last 2 days have really shown that the server is definitely getting better in terms of faction Balance (East vs west). Seeing East Guilds at Abyssal & Halcy coming at west full force with very good tactical play was incredible to see.. I think in a month/3 months time East may even dominate all server events if they continue to get stronger and grow. As let's face it they are smarter than most west players.

East on most populated server launches were always late to get organised.. So we shall see.

It's still the best EU server though.. But that isn't saying much when all the other EU servers are in a mess.

Darklotus
10-28-2015, 07:14 AM
Even if the faction balance is not great (let s face it) the server is very healthy and therefor you can always find some open world pvp in Diamond Shores, on the sea (killing Trade pack runner or fishermens) or in conflict zones.

Wich is far from being true on some old servers (especially if server name start with a D).

Demrocks
10-28-2015, 10:29 AM
And for how long ? 3 months ? 5 months ?

Server should be booming with violence and drama, you shoulnt be trading packs freely on freedich, free kraken kills / delphinad kills / etc etc.

We have one guild on West who farm those events solo with little to zero resistance, where is the action ?

if not now then not tomorow or the day after as commanders dont feel like getting out there organising a counter...

perhaps it will come and i realy hope it will as this game just feels like a fish on dry land ready to die.

Tyldor
10-28-2015, 08:51 PM
PvP environments get healthy when people stop making up excuses in their heads for the reasons you (might) lose. Acknowledging you're losing, researching why ( instead of blaming it on numbers or gear, even though I understand AA is gear dependant - it's really not gonna be the only reason you lose, ESPECIALLY in a raid sized format ) and start putting time and effort into improving as a raid/guild. That's when stuff will get interesting. That confidence seems to be lacking for just about every guild on this server for now.

That being said, it's still early and there's definately 1 or 2 guilds who might wake up soon and start making it more interesting.

Demrocks
10-29-2015, 01:15 AM
I dont know if you were there on Dahuta Tyldor and in VoTF already ?, but the mindset there was extremely diffrent from this server.

We FUtilez met you guys while leveling and already had an awesome time fighting, this continued to freedich and naval battles where it was just the intend to search for each other and pvp.
Ikshadow dint give a damn about reputation, win or loss, tactical advantage or not, more or less numbers he always wanted to create contend or be the contend by dropping 3 or 4 tradeships worth of packs on Freedich and let the factions know we where there to provoke battles.

Yes we lost more battles then we won against you, and no excuses even tough we had some very rough bumbs on Dahuta within 2 months where we lost the very people we work so hard for, but it dint make a dent in our hunger to face any guild whenever we had intel were action were to be found, or any other guild who wanted to fight.

I remember so many of the battles fought against you / soulslayers / Metathrone / Idle Empire / Iris and even East guilds like War Legend / Philosopher kings / Bamboo Crew that tried to kick our ♥♥♥ just for the fame and glory or to piss you off.

Only VoTF / Konvict / Zerg for the moment do these things, while i see Soul Slayers and Core building and training up their members but will it be enough to sustain a healthy dose of action on the server long term ?

Maybe we are to spoiled from Dahuta and need to accept less action, but for a new server i find it disturbing guilds arent provoking each other to create contend.
Lets all hope ♥♥♥♥ is going to improve on Rangora before that other mmo comes out where i have seen guilds already recruiting there who play on this very server :P

This mmo is made for action yet not many guilds step up the plate and go for it, and after a year of Archeage it seems the fire in many guilds is vanished or are contend with how it is now -_-

Guilds realy need to ignite soon before we have state similar to how Dahuta is now ffs.

FatalZ
10-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Indeed.
Cannot even compare Dahuta to this server to be honest..
Unfortunately guild leaders are not into raid fighting and so far only Zerg gave us great friedich fight. Problem most likely comes with guild leaders who do not have any experience and doesnt want to fight at all after being crushed once.

I would honestly say that taking portals away from friedich was the dumbest change ever made to Archeage. I can understand taking the housing spots but teleport to nearby small island should be allowed.
Being able to prepare for other guild that is comming to island would need them to shape up in raid pvp at least not to get owned every single time.

RiP Dahuta and all amazing fights that Futilez/PhK/Iron etc etc brought : )

Vyore
10-29-2015, 06:21 AM
Thing is, some guilds pulled ahead quite alot ( not talking just gear, talking general planning and organisation for this launch ).

Others like us started with 5 members at launch.

Overall lots of ppl to be found, but I assume the core concern here is raid pvp and it takes a while getting ppl raidspeccs and gear.

< 20 ppl u shouldnt have much issues finding fights rly.

Shortyy
10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Indeed.
Cannot even compare Dahuta to this server to be honest..
Unfortunately guild leaders are not into raid fighting and so far only Zerg gave us great friedich fight. Problem most likely comes with guild leaders who do not have any experience and doesnt want to fight at all after being crushed once.

I would honestly say that taking portals away from friedich was the dumbest change ever made to Archeage. I can understand taking the housing spots but teleport to nearby small island should be allowed.
Being able to prepare for other guild that is comming to island would need them to shape up in raid pvp at least not to get owned every single time.

RiP Dahuta and all amazing fights that Futilez/PhK/Iron etc etc brought : )

We are happy to fight anyone who would like to :) at any amount of numbers. I also agree would be alot more fights if there was a quicker way to freeditch and would make for some interesting fights. Atm only you guys will accept to fight us and the pirates Corsair and even with that you guys only like 25+ and Corsair dont have enough for 25+ yet so stuck in the middle ^^. No one else seems to be interested. I would rather organise an equal dominion and get some pvp and GG to whoever wins. More PvP is defo needed so the server doesn't get stagnant. I would like to see more East guilds bar Zerg come out and do something. However I will still try to organise some fights with people. On all other notes I would like my 5v5 event to be a success however more teams need to sign up for it to happen :)

Shortyy
10-29-2015, 07:51 AM
I dont know if you were there on Dahuta Tyldor and in VoTF already ?, but the mindset there was extremely diffrent from this server.

We FUtilez met you guys while leveling and already had an awesome time fighting, this continued to freedich and naval battles where it was just the intend to search for each other and pvp.
Ikshadow dint give a damn about reputation, win or loss, tactical advantage or not, more or less numbers he always wanted to create contend or be the contend by dropping 3 or 4 tradeships worth of packs on Freedich and let the factions know we where there to provoke battles.

Yes we lost more battles then we won against you, and no excuses even tough we had some very rough bumbs on Dahuta within 2 months where we lost the very people we work so hard for, but it dint make a dent in our hunger to face any guild whenever we had intel were action were to be found, or any other guild who wanted to fight.

I remember so many of the battles fought against you / soulslayers / Metathrone / Idle Empire / Iris and even East guilds like War Legend / Philosopher kings / Bamboo Crew that tried to kick our ♥♥♥ just for the fame and glory or to piss you off.

Only VoTF / Konvict / Zerg for the moment do these things, while i see Soul Slayers and Core building and training up their members but will it be enough to sustain a healthy dose of action on the server long term ?

Maybe we are to spoiled from Dahuta and need to accept less action, but for a new server i find it disturbing guilds arent provoking each other to create contend.
Lets all hope ♥♥♥♥ is going to improve on Rangora before that other mmo comes out where i have seen guilds already recruiting there who play on this very server :P

This mmo is made for action yet not many guilds step up the plate and go for it, and after a year of Archeage it seems the fire in many guilds is vanished or are contend with how it is now -_-

Guilds realy need to ignite soon before we have state similar to how Dahuta is now ffs.

To many carebears here :) We can hope its to get gear to fight more of us but who knows. We can only hope!

Katiechops
10-29-2015, 07:55 AM
tbh the server is 90% full of AA fanbois, p2w players and people used to winning on dead servers.... the mmo community moved on and didn't come back hence the lack of truly organised and determined guilds on the server

So yeah will never be a Dahuta 2 for RvR etc. Being cynical the people looking for the action of dahuta will soon get bored and the people used to winning on dead servers will rise to the top again when there will be no one left that cares to see it. :/

#beingnegative

CAKE
10-29-2015, 09:23 AM
To many carebears here :) We can hope its to get gear to fight more of us but who knows. We can only hope!

Tell your guild leaders to stop doing peace treaties then lol, as at the moment Konvict are seen as one of the biggest carebear guilds on West/Server. Same goes for all other guilds stop your silly peace treaties and have the balls to GvG. (Even if its just for fun and you lose, you will be applauded)

But in short toooo many Organised guilds rolled west at launch (Due to them having played West before). We only have ourselves to blame for the late development of East. All it would of taken for this server to be the no.1 action packed server was that one competitive guild went East.

RavenAven
10-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Tell your guild leaders to stop doing peace treaties then lol, as at the moment Konvict are seen as one of the biggest carebear guilds on West/Server. Same goes for all other guilds stop your silly peace treaties and have the balls to GvG. (Even if its just for fun and you lose, you will be applauded)

But in short toooo many Organised guilds rolled west at launch (Due to them having played West before). We only have ourselves to blame for the late development of East. All it would of taken for this server to be the no.1 action packed server was that one competitive guild went East.

"One of the biggest carebear guilds" is a bit of a daft statement for a guild that PKs every day for profit and we have been whispering any high population West guild for GvG but they aren't interested, we only peace treated at Morpheus to annoy you guys as we saw you buff up and we know you don't like losing an objective. We are always looking for GvG exp but on equal grounds, not ambushing people and instantly creating a lead.

You guys are insanely well organized but your core have been together for a very long time and come from a PvP heavy server. We came from a server that initially was the french carebear server and later turned into mass alliance vs mass alliance so yes we were lacking the same scale of PvP you guys provide. The majority of our guild were also new people so we have came a loooong way after letting people settle in.

We also initially rolled West because it was looking like East was the majority and we wanted to be plunged into the deep end to find good core members and plenty of PvP practice. A main issue is so many East people have rerolled onto West out of sheer cowardice. We will always welcome more PvP events with you guys anyway but there's no point comparing organization to your experience. Also ggs in todays dominion, I really hope we do more stuff like that again.

Tyldor
10-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Yes Demrocks, I was in VoTF when we were in Dahuta and it's hard to compare due to multiple reasons. I think the biggest and foremost reason is that the means of gearing are alot easier now than they used to be back when the game launched. You used to settle with an illustrious or magnificent set because it took ALOT of effort, time or swiping to go Epherium/Delphinad in the first 2 month of the game. There were more reasons to engage in PvP battles, you had nothing to lose gear progression wise. There were no political issues, which ArcheAge is famous for, that people retaliate on your guild's fishing raid because you attacked theirs. There was PvP all around and losing a bit of gold was worth it for the PvP you accumulated because, as I mentioned before, the higher tiers of gear were a longer term goal anyways.

Also in this game there's not a fair fight baseline. This game has such a PvP infrastructure that whenever you lose a fight, you can always find an excuse to blame it on something else other than you losing fair and square and having to improve as a raid. In Guild Wars 2 for example, if you lost, there was no gear/pay2win/whatever to blame it on. You knew your raid lacked, they outplayed and outskilled you and you have to get back to your PvP arena/borderland map to iron out your issues and try and come back stronger.

In this game, there's no such thing as I said. PvP is not only what mechanics of the game bring, the real competition in MMOs comes from the PvP community in that game and the mindset the game's mechanics can structure you for as I mentioned before. Carebearing will stop if guilds realize they aren't being outgeared, the enemy guild isn't swiping harder or has 100 more numbers, you just lost in a fair and square battle and need to work on your raid synergy.

To get back on the point I was trying to make, in Dahuta guilds had alot more time to iron out those issues rather than ''RACING FOR MORE GEAR CAUSE OMG WE LOST A FIGHT AT ABYSSAL KRAKEN, THEY MUST OUTGEAR US''.

If that mindset changes, and people truly understand what point I'm trying to make here, Rangora will be the best server in EU - for it's time atleast.

RavenAven
10-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Who has ever used the excuse that you out gear them though?

Tyldor
10-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Who has ever used the excuse that you out gear them though?

You'd be suprised. Numbers is also an excuse used way too often. My post wasn't related to HPC in particular, but we usually do not have more than 30-35 members in our raid. And that is at it's most. When people stop using excuses and start trying to improve, this server's PvP will be alot more healthy.

RavenAven
10-29-2015, 06:09 PM
You'd be suprised. Numbers is also an excuse used way too often. My post wasn't related to HPC in particular, but we usually do not have more than 30-35 members in our raid. And that is at it's most. When people stop using excuses and start trying to improve, this server's PvP will be alot more healthy.

Fair enough, I agree with your points anyway; I was just curious because gear wouldn't mean too much with how you guys play so it'd be daft to say it

Jazee
10-30-2015, 03:00 PM
West is over-populated, tons of credit-whales from previous servers, East useless faction, All server events one sided, Arena daggerspell fest, so long term, Nope.

Eray
10-31-2015, 11:52 AM
server ded