PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Hallowtide: Candy Toss quest does not reliably offer tokens [RESOLVED]

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Description: Player reports have shown that some players are unable to open the Shabby Treasure Chest after the Candy Toss event is completed. This leaves them unable to collect the 1 token that should be rewarded from the quest.

Status: 11/2 Update -- The extra tokens are now claimable, as per the instructions here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?246588

After discussing with the team, fixing the bug would take too long and the fix would only come late into the event. Instead, we will providing all players with extra Hallowtide Tokens to compensate for the loss of tokens.

These tokens will be rewarded to players who have been gathering Hallowtide Tokens on their character. The exact number of tokens being offered and the exact number of tokens collected to qualify are still being discussed. This offer will count tokens that have already been collected and spent on a character.

The Hallowtide Token Machine will be unavailable after November 10th.

Some players have pointed out that the festival period will end in both Two Crowns and Solis Headlands on the 3rd. In order to make sure all factions have a chance to turn in tokens until November 10th, we have put in a request to XL to either add the machine to Mirage Isle (preferred) or add a second machine to Solis Headlands. In both cases, the machines will still disappear on the 10th.

Jeremiah179
10-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Could we have a timeline for this? When do you "think" we will receive tokens or know the amount? When is the prize machine coming down? Is it going to appear in mirage or elsewhere after the event?

Moly
10-28-2015, 04:04 PM
When is the prize machine coming down? Is it going to appear in mirage or elsewhere after the event?

Hallowtide workbench will remain at Two-crowns until November 10th and it won't be at mirage's permanent workbench after that date.

Edit from Friday 30th livestream :
We'll be able to turn tokens on mirage island in the permanent workbench

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Could we have a timeline for this? When do you "think" we will receive tokens or know the amount? When is the prize machine coming down? Is it going to appear in mirage or elsewhere after the event?

There is no exact timeline as of yet, but we're hoping to get this out to everyone next week.

Fiain
10-28-2015, 04:34 PM
'Spent'

Meaning we have to use tokens to have them counted? What about people who are saving up for the large token items, they wont get the tokens they should because they are saving for one of them?

romonster
10-28-2015, 04:37 PM
'Spent'

Meaning we have to use tokens to have them counted? What about people who are saving up for the large token items, they wont get the tokens they should because they are saving for one of them?

I think she meant that all the tokens you have earned would count toward the total even if you've already spent them.

Moly
10-28-2015, 04:38 PM
'Spent'

I'm pretty sure it means that even if you only have 4 remaining tokens, they'll track items that you already bought to check how many days you participated hallowtide event and not only provide extra token based on the 4 remaining tokens

Edit : I can see that Romonster has understood that way as well

Fiain
10-28-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it means that even if you only have 4 remaining tokens, they'll track items that you already bought to check how many days you participated hallowtide event and not only provide extra token based on the 4 remaining tokens

Oh. That makes more sense.

Nikkimartines
10-29-2015, 01:27 AM
@ Selestrata, the description for this bug isn't accurate. Players are unable to open both chests- it has happened to me, my friends, my guild - several times.
1) After completetion of the candy toss event the buff( Moonswept or Ezna) stays unchanged and prevents you from opening both chests. And yes, this happens even when you win too!
2) If you cannot open either of the chests, you cannot finish the quest "Cheer up the spirits" which costs you another token!

I believe you need to keep in mind this when you decide on the proper amount of compensation! Some people lose not only one token per event, but 4 !

Isteria
10-29-2015, 01:35 AM
I can also confirm. Even though it happens more often when you lose, it has happened to me a few times when I win.

I also do the event the same way each day, just sometimes after the event finishes you get the winner/loser buff, sometimes you get stuck with your team buff which doesn't allow you to open the respective chest.

Moly
10-29-2015, 02:19 AM
My guess is that they will deliver 60 tokens for people that have done event everyday (4 tokens for each day you've done hallowtide event), no matter if you win or lose the event.
Less wouldn't be fair, and more would be quite too much tokens.
60 Tokens sounds legit as it's like if you lose every event of every day.

RichFalcon
10-29-2015, 03:51 AM
@ Selestrata, the description for this bug isn't accurate. Players are unable to open both chests- it has happened to me, my friends, my guild - several times.
1) After completetion of the candy toss event the buff( Moonswept or Ezna) stays unchanged and prevents you from opening both chests. And yes, this happens even when you win too!
2) If you cannot open either of the chests, you cannot finish the quest "Cheer up the spirits" which costs you another token!

I believe you need to keep in mind this when you decide on the proper amount of compensation! Some people lose not only one token per event, but 4 !

+1 it has happened to me once when we won, and 3 times when we lost.

Lumesia
10-29-2015, 04:53 AM
So.... If festival period is over on the 3rd, how exactly are the east players supposed to use this vendor if we don't get our tokens before then? I can't see surviving long enough to actually buy anything. The West on our server, camps things like this with full raids.

Isteria
10-29-2015, 05:27 AM
So.... If festival period is over on the 3rd, how exactly are the east players supposed to use this vendor if we don't get our tokens before then? I can't see surviving long enough to actually buy anything. The West on our server, camps things like this with full raids.

This is a valid concern with 2 solutions: extend the festival period / move the bench to mirage

Viilaa
10-29-2015, 07:10 AM

I for one am leaving on vacation Saturday and won't be back until the 10th - the day the turn in bench disappears. When will the turn in bench disappear - that morning during weekly maintenance (which means every one needs to turn them in the night before or get screwed) or does it disappear at midnight (insert some random time zone - EDT, PDT, GMT) ?

Basically I will come home to an ingame mail with a bunch of worthless tokens that I could have used the week before to get the snail mount that I won't be able to get now due to the event always bugging out. I don't even try to the candy event anymore as it always bugs out. I do my normal daily ones for the 4 or 5 tokens and then call it good.

Niobe
10-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Another issue with the candy throwing event- I get dc'd about halfway into it- every single time. The quest then shows as failed. Sooooo annoying.

Fiain
10-29-2015, 07:48 AM

This. This concerns me a lot! I seriously dont know how we are going to do this as easterners when we dont have a bench and I know the westies'll make a game outta not letting us turn in tokens.

Qhei
10-29-2015, 08:37 AM
This is a valid concern with 2 solutions: extend the festival period / move the bench to mirage
Or place a second bench in Solis.

Isteria
10-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Or place a second bench in Solis.

Then you need a 3rd one for the pirates.

Bleddry
10-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Description: Player reports have shown that some players are unable to open the Shabby Treasure Chest after the Candy Toss event is completed. This leaves them unable to collect the 1 token that should be rewarded from the quest.

Status: After discussing with the team, fixing the bug would take too long and the fix would only come late into the event. Instead, we will providing all players with extra Hallowtide Tokens to compensate for the loss of tokens.

These tokens will be rewarded to players who have been gathering Hallowtide Tokens on their character. The exact number of tokens being offered and the exact number of tokens collected to qualify are still being discussed. This offer will count tokens that have already been collected and spent on a character.

It is 2 tokens (1 from non lootable chest, 1 from quest).

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-29-2015, 10:25 AM

This is absolutely a valid concern. Letting people know to investigate this.

Shakkara
10-29-2015, 10:54 AM

Status: After discussing with the team, fixing the bug would take too long and the fix would only come late into the event. Instead, we will providing all players with extra Hallowtide Tokens to compensate for the loss of tokens.

1) It also happens on occasion when your team wins, though less frequently.
2) If you cannot open the chest, you also fail the repeatable follow-up quest from the event manager guy, that pleasing the XXX spirits quest.

So you lose between 2 (lose) and 4 tokens (win) every time you get affected by the issue.

Dcoy
10-29-2015, 12:55 PM
As far as I can tell, this bug is caused by having "failed" quests in your quest log. Abandon them and pick up the proper quest at the start of the candy toss event.

Myssy
10-29-2015, 01:34 PM
DCoy its not. Because its a bug that prevents converting the ezna/moonswept buff to the winner or loser buff. It has definitivly nothing to do if you have a failed quest or not! (i always abandon the failed quest short after the failed event...)

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-29-2015, 01:50 PM
We've put in a request to XL with two options -- move the machine to Mirage Isle, or add a second machine to Solis Headlands. In both cases, the machines will disappear on 11/10 We strongly prefer putting the machine in Mirage Isle over the Solis Headlands option, but presented the second option just in case.

Moly
10-29-2015, 01:55 PM
We've put in a request to XL with two options -- move the machine to Mirage Isle, or add a second machine to Solis Headlands. In both cases, the machines will disappear on 11/10 We strongly prefer putting the machine in Mirage Isle over the Solis Headlands option, but presented the second option just in case.

That requires to be added to 11/03 weekly or an hotfix before 11/10 which seems too close to get it in time.
We don't even know yet when extra tokens will be delivered (that should takes about 2 days to deliver everybody if no delivery fails in progress).
If Tokens' delivery is calculated on daily event participation then it will be done after event completion which means only a week (from 3rd to 10th) to investigate and send tokens.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-29-2015, 02:05 PM
That requires to be added to 11/03 weekly or an hotfix before 11/10 which seems too close to get it in time.
We don't even know yet when extra tokens will be delivered (that should takes about 2 days to deliver everybody if no delivery fails in progress).
If Tokens' delivery is calculated on daily event participation then it will be done after event completion which means only a week (from 3rd to 10th) to investigate and send tokens.

We're looking to send tokens next Monday, but in order to avoid the festival time thing, a build would have to be performed no matter what solution is chosen. And that means it would have to happen on Tuesday, as a part of weekly maintenance.

Moly
10-29-2015, 02:18 PM
We're looking to send tokens next Monday.

Can we assume that team have chosen an amount of tokens to deliver ?
Amount that considers :
09/20 NA Hotfix (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242696-ArcheAge-Europe-Hotfix-10-21-15-at-1-00-AM-GMT-(PDT-7)-3-00-AM-CEST-COMPLETE&p=2060217&viewfull=1#post2060217) and 09/21 EU Hotfix (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242696-ArcheAge-Europe-Hotfix-10-21-15-at-1-00-AM-GMT-(PDT-7)-3-00-AM-CEST-COMPLETE&p=2060213&viewfull=1#post2060213)
Everyday quest failure from event release to its supposed completion (09/20-11/03). (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?241768-Hallowtide-rises-from-the-dead-October-20-%96-November-3)

My guess is that they will deliver 60 tokens for people that have done event everyday (4 tokens for each day you've done hallowtide event), no matter if you win or lose the event.
Still fair for everyone in my mind.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-29-2015, 02:27 PM
As we were not able to duplicate the bug with the winning team, and only the losing team, XL has approved 14 tokens as the compensation grant.

Marinia
10-29-2015, 02:37 PM
As we were not able to duplicate the bug with the winning team, and only the losing team, XL has approved 14 tokens as the compensation grant.

This is pretty underwhelming, considering how many other problems (namely griefers) have also been affecting this event, in addition to this bug, making it an incredibly frustrating user experience, 4 times a day...

Moly
10-29-2015, 02:38 PM

I'm not interested to get anything in the event's rewards, however 14 tokens is like if people only participated one time a day. It doesn't sound fair for players to me.
I was aware that XL already have some issue with alphabet but I didn't knew they also had with numbers.
http://i.imgur.com/efWLHaM.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/efWLHaM.jpg)
Anyway, all answers have been given, thanks Celestrata.

Shakkara
10-29-2015, 02:45 PM

What, lol. You do know you miss out on at least 2 tokens right, as you fail the quest (1 token) AND don't get the quest loot (1-3 tokens).

So you're saying we were only bugged 7 times in total during the event's 2 weeks. I've already been bugged more often than that and the event isn't over yet.

Bellita
10-29-2015, 02:55 PM

Don't forget the 1 token you get handing in the quest after you have opened the chest. So it's 2 lost tokens when the bug happens.

1 in chest, 1 from quest.

Drakkhen
10-29-2015, 03:50 PM

14? So far I'm out at least 20 odd tokens thanks to this bug.... ugh

Neva
10-29-2015, 04:20 PM
14? That is a rather low number considering how many most people have lost already.
Why do you need XL's OK to give out event tokens, what would be so horrifying if people had enough tokens to get a bed and snail?

sarinda
10-29-2015, 04:58 PM
lol is that a joke 14 tokens I lost more than 14 in the first 2 days of this event I glitched every event for like 3 days straight oh well I earned enough for the 2 things I wanted that were bound

Expendable
10-29-2015, 10:54 PM

I have been cheated out of tokens on the winning team multiple times. That on top of getting thrown through random player portals and getting failed because im not there for the final seconds. So much for the fair and generous compensation.

romonster
10-30-2015, 12:35 AM
....That on top of getting thrown through random player portals and getting failed because im not there for the final seconds....
That's easily preventable, just enable this option:
Options > Functionality > Disable Travel Through Other Players' Portals

Taiver
10-30-2015, 12:52 AM

Ok, ill say this and hope you read it. If you lose...you get 2 tokens and not 1, so that's 28 for 14 days.
Ok there, please make sure this message reaches XL, the quest you complete from opening the chest and the 1 from the chest itself should both be taken into consideration for obvious reasons.

I know its doable multiple times per day so some will argue for more than 28 but I assume most join in 2 times out of 4 and since winning and losing is 50%, then you would miss out on 1 every day, on average.

I thought I would add this just so its clear why the number is low for those who say about doing it 4 times a day

Expendable
10-30-2015, 01:20 AM
That's easily preventable, just enable this option:
Options > Functionality > Disable Travel Through Other Players' Portals

Does this also prevent you from getting pushed away constantly by vehicles and mailboxes preventing you from picking up the candy? I know about disabling the portals but that doesn't mean i remembered every time since you had to hustle to make every event since they were scheduled at the same time.

Isteria
10-30-2015, 02:01 AM

14 for the whole event?????

Let's be reasonable please. You can participate let's say 2 times per day. This means 4 coins min - 8 coins max = average 6 coins from this event. If the chance to fail is 50% (win/lose) you lose 3 coins per day. And this is like min min min. When we add the fact that the festival period was not released on time (especially for the EU servers), 14 coins for the whole event is nowhere near to a fair compensation ...

14 days * 3 coins = 42 coins

I know you won't give 42 coins, but at least give 14 days * 2 coins = 28 coins (to compensate us for the bugged event, late festival period)

P.S. People already explained why you lose not 1 but 2 coins per lost event.

Myssy
10-30-2015, 06:43 AM
wow so much for "being generous" with the tokens....
as others stated, even if you do 1 event per day and every event you where in the loserteam you miss out 28 tokens. If you do 2 events per day and lose it all then its 56. And about my events i lose 80% of the events and so i am missing a lot of tokens (doing 3 events per day).
And seeing the costs of the things you can tradein for the tokens....its rly just unfair for those that did all the dailyquest and just could do 1 event. Because they are stuck with 70 tokens at the end. if you now give nly the 14 then at the end with 84 tokens you cant do more then buy the snail or the rod or the small things.....but if they wanted the bed?

Pebble
10-30-2015, 07:02 AM
Hahahaha - 14 tokens? 14 tokens... Thats hilarious. I missed out on 14 tokens in the first TWO DAYS of the event.

You most certainly CAN be bugged when winning the event. Can't duplicate it? Try harder.

Not to mention some of us have been (trying) to do this event up to 4 times a day for the last 10 days.

14 tokens doesn't even come close to being fair compensation for this horrible event, let alone generous.

Isteria
10-30-2015, 07:33 AM
Hahahaha - 14 tokens? 14 tokens... Thats hilarious. I missed out on 14 tokens in the first TWO DAYS of the event.

You most certainly CAN be bugged when winning the event. Can't duplicate it? Try harder.

Not to mention some of us have been (trying) to do this event up to 4 times a day for the last 10 days.

14 tokens doesn't even come close to being fair compensation for this horrible event, let alone generous.

90% of the players who have participated regularly, have experienced the bug even when they won. I guess Trion weren't really bothering going to the event to notice that.

Tarlain
10-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Trion, you have LIED to your customer base once again. Err on the side of being generous? You aren't even close to giving enough tokens, let alone being generous. In the 15 days this event will be happening, 4 times per day, that makes it 60 events. Assuming that it did only happen when you lose (which it doesn't, although it is much more likely), you'd lose 30 events. That's 60 tokens you could potentially lose. Now, the bug is not 100%, but it tends to be at least 50% of the time or higher (out of 4 events a day, I typically bug at least 2 if I lose all 4). Therefore, if you were being "generous" as you say, you would go ahead and give out 60 tokens to make sure everyone was covered. It would require at LEAST 30 tokens to come close to compensating people fairly.

It is getting to the point that we can't believe anything you claim, no matter how sincere it may seem.

Fiain
10-30-2015, 08:42 AM
That.. isnt generous. So you are saying people only got bugged the first half of the event and always lost and only could do once a day and never did it the second half?

O.o

Focslain
10-30-2015, 10:26 AM
14 actually makes sense, if you think about it.

Not everyone can make all the candy tosses everyday, sometimes due to work times and rl commitments not even one toss a day.

As I posted earlier the compensation would be based on the snail mount for 70 tokens and if you do the daily quests which can be done anytime of the day you'll get 56 tokens. So you would need to go to a few tosses over the course of the festival to get the extra 14 for the mount (sound familiar?)

So they are giving those hardest effected by the bug a chance to get the mount or something else, but at least the most expensive piece that a f2p can use.

Badkitten
10-30-2015, 11:10 AM
14 actually makes sense, if you think about it.

Not everyone can make all the candy tosses everyday, sometimes due to work times and rl commitments not even one toss a day.

As I posted earlier the compensation would be based on the snail mount for 70 tokens and if you do the daily quests which can be done anytime of the day you'll get 56 tokens. So you would need to go to a few tosses over the course of the festival to get the extra 14 for the mount (sound familiar?)

So they are giving those hardest effected by the bug a chance to get the mount or something else, but at least the most expensive piece that a f2p can use.

Actually you are wrong. 28 would make the most amount of sense. If you make one event PER day and lose every time for the whole 14 day event. You lose 2 tokens per day. You get ONE token from the LOSERS chest and you get ONE token turning in the quest at the end of the event. When it bugs you can't loot either chest NOR turn in the quest.

Focslain
10-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Actually you are wrong. 28 would make the most amount of sense. If you make one event PER day and lose every time for the whole 14 day event. You lose 2 tokens per day. You get ONE token from the LOSERS chest and you get ONE token turning in the quest at the end of the event. When it bugs you can't loot either chest NOR turn in the quest.

You missed the point, not everyone can make the toss everyday. The compensation is based on a minimum requirement of effort. So then 14 does make sense based on the prizes available. You can earn 70 tokens over the course of the event without having to make the toss every day, you can actually miss them over half the time and loss all the time and still make the required tokens.

Plus betting that the required amount to qualify for the extra token is in fact 44 collected, this would be the amount collected based on the non-timed quests by Saturday which if they are mailing the extras on Monday they be collecting the data Saturday/sunday.

talizzar
10-30-2015, 11:45 AM
14? wow that is sad. I have been on the winning side numerous times and failed to get the reward. Yeah try harder. The entire event is a coding disaster. You end up with a failed quest in your log when you didn't fail because of the bug. The failed quest should just drop off the list ie expire.

14 tokens only attempts to correct things for people that would do the event once a day.

These are they types of things that really damage the reputation of XL and TRION as the so called fix is almost as bad as "forcing" us to endure a really poor event. The compensation is beyond poor. I would have expected something in the range of 50 to 70. 14 was never on any players radar.

LadyWhitetower
10-30-2015, 12:06 PM
You missed the point, not everyone can make the toss everyday. The compensation is based on a minimum requirement of effort. So then 14 does make sense based on the prizes available. You can earn 70 tokens over the course of the event without having to make the toss every day, you can actually miss them over half the time and loss all the time and still make the required tokens.

Yes but if you are going to assume 14 tokens for going to the event at least once per day then you almost HAVE to assume the other 14 from the related quest that you would pick up if you were there....

Focslain
10-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Yes but if you are going to assume 14 tokens for going to the event at least once per day then you almost HAVE to assume the other 14 from the related quest that you would pick up if you were there....

No, I wasn't assuming 14 for going to the toss once per day. It was assumed that you have to go to the toss and lose at least 7 times during the event. Something that can be done via two days off during the event or on a weekend.

Why is everyone assuming that everyone can make a timed event everyday, they can't.

LadyWhitetower
10-30-2015, 12:23 PM

I think you are misinformed about your own quest.. A loss at the Candy Toss Event results in *2* Tokens, One from the chest, and then one from the related quest given out by the NPC located near the Soulstone. 14 tokens is a ridiculous amount.. It assumes the player opens the chest, but dose NOT Take or complete the *Very Simple* quest from the quest giver.

Stormborn
10-30-2015, 12:24 PM
The better solution would have been to match the number of tokens already accrued by completing Troubled Spirits. Then again, I DCed many times attempting to do that whilst being shoved away by vehicles. But 14 is just awful. Shame on you Trion!

You let the griefers win. Shame shame shame.

Ethetun
10-30-2015, 12:37 PM
...I've won and not gotten any of the tokens. ...and if you check my game, you'll see I continued to do the event every day, and sometimes multiple times per day. While I appreciate the compensation, I am surprised that this changed based on the information that was shared earlier in the week, which was that it would be based on how much you participated in the event.

I think I should still be able to get the second item I wanted, it is going to be extremely close. An earlier post on this issue stated that you guys were able to successfully duplicate the error. I don't believe that post stated only one of the errors. If that was the case, I would have happily recorded it and sent it in. ...for that matter, I would think others would have as well. ...so am alittle disappointed in how the communications on this were pushed out.

Celestrata, also the games have been crashing again since I want to say last thursday, give or take a day. The quest auto failed for me when I was on the winning buff as well. ...so that would be another development that impacted the event. Although again, the crashing happening again is independent (at least I would assume).

LadyWhitetower
10-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Why is everyone assuming that everyone can make a timed event everyday, they can't.

If we assume that since this is a North American Server set that everyone is in an American time zone.. That means that the event runs four times a day from 7am-7pm(10am-10pm).. That is a 12 hour window. I think its a safe bet that *most* people can make one of them each day.

Paintsticks
10-30-2015, 12:42 PM
You know, im still doing this event twice a day, im still winning at the events and im still not able to take any tokens from either of the chests when my team wins sometimes. 14 is a stupid amount, might as well have said you were not giving us any.

Ethetun
10-30-2015, 12:42 PM
If we assume that since this is a North American Server set that everyone is in an American time zone.. That means that the event runs four times a day from 7am-7pm(10am-10pm).. That is a 12 hour window. I think its a safe bet that *most* people can make one of them each day.

i'm on east coast..working an 8 to 5. I usually make 2 a day, unless I'm working from home. The last two are 6 pm and 10 pm est. ...not too hard to make with a bit of effort if you work an 8 to 5.

Ethetun
10-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Shouldn't this thread be under the news and announcements. ...this seems to be buried to me in the forums. ...just me or am I crazy? ...crazy in the context of this post. -_-

Ethetun
10-30-2015, 12:47 PM
You know, im still doing this event twice a day, im still winning at the events and im still not able to take any tokens from either of the chests when my team wins sometimes. 14 is a stupid amount, might as well have said you were not giving us any.

I get it sometimes and sometimes not. This directly contradicts what was posted prior to this though...so am a bit baffled by the communication.

4jacks
10-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Worst compensation package in the History of Archeage.

And that might sound trivial, but let's face it, we've had a LOT of compensation packages.

Ethetun
10-30-2015, 01:05 PM

Celestrata, this tells me that whoever worked on the calculations even if it was just for the event if you lose (which it wasn't - it failed in both situations), you get one to 3 from the chest, plus one for turning the quest into the same quest giver within the arena. ...so I hope you revisit this based on the prior communications and this calculation error.

Nikkimartines
10-30-2015, 01:10 PM
14 tokens compensation might be OK for the players that barely participated in the event. For the rest of us that went to all/ mosts events is a slap in the face!!!
Compensation should be calculated based on participation!

Stormborn
10-30-2015, 01:21 PM

And that is in fact what Khrolan said would be done on the last stream.

Ethetun
10-30-2015, 01:21 PM
14 tokens compensation might be OK for the players that barely participated in the event. For the rest of us that went to all/ mosts events is a slap in the face!!!

It was stated that, they were going to do this. I've got private communication from this as well. ...I'll be honest and say I don't care that the compensation is 14 tokens. It is low because even if you lost every time you would have gotten 2 tokens, but I personally don't have an issue w/ it.

What I do have an issue with is communicating one thing out the community, and then doing a complete reversal, without at least acknowledging previous remarks or posts. ...to me, this amounts to making it look like you are flat out lying to the community. ...this is what I have the biggest problem with. ..I know that isn't their intent, but is the perceived action taken...

..and while I don't know who said it, they were right "perception is reality".

Focslain
10-30-2015, 01:54 PM

i'm on east coast..working an 8 to 5. I usually make 2 a day, unless I'm working from home. The last two are 6 pm and 10 pm est. ...not too hard to make with a bit of effort if you work an 8 to 5.

Honestly I'm on the east coast and I'm lucky to make the last one of the day based on my work/travel schedule. Only time I can make most of them is the weekend, and even then due to RL commitments I can only make three maybe four.

But on the calculation, since trion was only able to replicate the chest bug then 14 would makes sense if someone was doing once a day. Since the loser chest only gives 1 token, so over the course of the event, equals 14.

Just lucky (knocking on wood) my few attempts haven't been bugged.

Kytt
10-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Some players have pointed out that the festival period will end in both Two Crowns and Solis Headlands on the 3rd. In order to make sure all factions have a chance to turn in tokens until November 10th, we have put in a request to XL to either add the machine to Mirage Isle (preferred) or add a second machine to Solis Headlands. In both cases, the machines will still disappear on the 10th.

I'm confused as to why "some players" had to point out this problem.

Can you please put in a request to XL suggesting they develop a standard ruleset for event prize machines and have every event and festival abide by it? Is it too hard to have permanent special event benches in Mirage serving both regular and festival events? Why do the players have to point out obvious design flaws AFTER the event is already underway? Even if XL made the flaw, no one at Trion saw the problem of having only 1 bench in normally hostile territory?

My perception is that Trion's just waiting out this event so they can be done with it. You're almost there, Trion, almost there to the next special event screwup.

Myssy
10-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Honestly I'm on the east coast and I'm lucky to make the last one of the day based on my work/travel schedule. Only time I can make most of them is the weekend, and even then due to RL commitments I can only make three maybe four.

But on the calculation, since trion was only able to replicate the chest bug then 14 would makes sense if someone was doing once a day. Since the loser chest only gives 1 token, so over the course of the event, equals 14.

you get 2 if you are on the loosing side. Why? 1 from the chest and 1 for completing the quest AFTER opening the chest. So it have to be at least 28 tokens to be somehow fair. but for those that done the event more often to get the numbers of tokens together, its a slap in the face....

LadyWhitetower
10-30-2015, 02:23 PM
But on the calculation, since Trion was only able to replicate the chest bug then 14 would makes sense if someone was doing once a day. Since the loser chest only gives 1 token, so over the course of the event, equals 14.

Except you are still only counting the one token from the chest. There is a QUEST that gives you an additional token just for opening the chest. So, if you bug out and can not open the chest when you lose you are still missing out on 28 tokens over 14 days.

Isteria
10-30-2015, 02:58 PM
And please don't forget the festival period ♥♥♥♥ up at the begging and the fact that we just missed an event because guess what, we can't log in ...

Ellyot
10-30-2015, 03:09 PM
And... maintenance on EU servers during event this friday night, could we have more?

Tarlain
10-30-2015, 03:22 PM

First of all, there are 15 days of the event. Second, you lose two per day if you only attend one event, not one. If you actually read the replies in here, you'd already know that.

Meaw
10-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I don't understand why this event only occurs four times a day, and with such bad spread. Narcoleptic people can't time their awake time to this, which results in a sick number of two, only TWO times I've been able to attend this, despite trying. It is fun, except for the pk:s the first day, and the unavailability of the machine, not to talk about the ♥♥♥♥ty things one can get from the hallowtide machine *shivers*, all the apparent bugs... where was I? Oh, right, it is a fun and enjoyable event. Despite all failures.
Now, the second of the two times my unruly sleep allowed me to attend this, what happens? DOWNTIME. And this of course equals no tokens ^_^ So, if I'd be judged by tokens collected, they'd see two, from the loss the first time. Not very impressive, no? What would not be seen, thou, is all the work behind, never leading to a single token. Awake nights, waiting for hours trying to calculate how long it is until the event would start, just to eventually realize it is over five hours left. Throwing candy whih seems to upset the gods to the point they disconnect us all.
I see there are no way of measuring time spent leading to nothing, and I know it is not plausible to adapt games to all work hours, medical conditions, tehcnical difficulties, hell, even sunstorms can sabotage this. But please, there IS still a limit to how many bugs that can show up and still make an event enjoyable. And to me, this is sadly an event without candythrowing, no matter my attempts to be there and succeed.
Ze cat out.

Daelle
10-31-2015, 02:08 AM
People claiming to not get the Cheerful buff when winning should post screenshots of the event. Preferable with:

1. Your event log open at Candy throwing event tab
2. Directly after the event with the mouse hovering over the buff and the pumpkins in the background
3. Whilst you trying to open the chest with the 'Failed to meet requirements' message across your screen

Remember....
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60835451.jpg

Aserghui
10-31-2015, 03:04 AM
People claiming to not get the Cheerful buff when winning should post screenshots of the event. Preferable with:

1. Your event log open at Candy throwing event tab
2. Directly after the event with the mouse hovering over the buff and the pumpkins in the background
3. Whilst you trying to open the chest with the 'Failed to meet requirements' message across your screen

Remember....
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60835451.jpg

Yup, you're right, bad on me for not screenshoting every aspect of the quest as I tried to complete it while 300+ people are racing to throw candy. Why is Trion not checking the logged data from the players who are reporting the issue? It seems more effective to check the logs of the people at one of the events (specific day and time) to identify a batch of players who were not granted the winning/losing buffs...

Or maybe Trion doesnt have a way to track/record the data between clients and server, which is the more likely scenario.

Dritarri
10-31-2015, 02:00 PM
Re-directed here from my ticket, and read through all the comments.
I have personally attended the event 1 time every day on my main character and 1 time most days on an alt character. For my personal exp having failed 3 times on the loosing side and 1 on the winning side on my main toon I would expect 10 tokens so far. on my alt where I failed 2 times on the loosing side I would expect 2 tokens so far. So I've been more than compensated up to this point. We still have the rest of today and then 3 more days of the event and since the bug isn't fixed I expect more issues. I only did it once on my main character as I was not informed in any way that the quest was repeatable during the same day on the same character. I would have assumed it was set up like any other event/quest where you can only do a quest 1 time per day.
Please make sure in the future that if an event quest is not a normal daily that you let us know.

I also don't personally think timed events are good for our servers as per all the complaints and issues it seems to cause. I might suggest doing daily event dungeons though for group activities. This candy toss event could have easily been set up the way that 5v5 Arenas are set up to que people. Two teams of 20 that enter an instance and start throwing candy when the timer goes off. Just a suggestion for future events to have XL consider.

Alianne
10-31-2015, 09:34 PM
Not many people even care anymore since every event has some glitch that screws people in one way or another. People don't get what they earned or would have earned without all these problems. This happens EVERY event and people are leaving because they are becoming fed up, its sad really... Boring or not WoW is calling me back to them =(

Alianne
10-31-2015, 09:37 PM
First of all, there are 15 days of the event. Second, you lose two per day if you only attend one event, not one. If you actually read the replies in here, you'd already know that.

even worse is most people would have done it at least twice a day if it flippen worked right... So most people lost out on... what like 60 =(

Premo
11-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Learn from mistakes and never do this event again please.

Maireen
11-01-2015, 01:34 AM
in the beginning of the event I always threw the candy in the mouth and after attending the event 15 times in which 11 of them I couldnt open the box
after that I start experimenting and threw candies at random spot of the pumpkin like the eyes, nose, forehead, cheeks, etc and from then on I was always able to open the box
by the look of it, it seems when people throw candies on the same exact spot the entire event it would only count towards the first person to hit that spot first

Dritarri
11-01-2015, 07:57 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12189505_929732173740525_7975297041852284569_o.jpg

Please note that my clock which was changed with the time zone says 8 not 9 in the bottom corner of the screen. I live in the US Central time zone which puts the events at 9am, 1pm, 5pm, & 9pm. Due to Trion not setting their server clocks back when their last NA time zone would have, I missed the whole event today on my character. I realize that the thing runs on GMT but if you are on an NA server the times should change with the NA times not the EU or KR times.

Isteria
11-02-2015, 01:20 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12189505_929732173740525_7975297041852284569_o.jpg

Please note that my clock which was changed with the time zone says 8 not 9 in the bottom corner of the screen. I live in the US Central time zone which puts the events at 9am, 1pm, 5pm, & 9pm. Due to Trion not setting their server clocks back when their last NA time zone would have, I missed the whole event today on my character. I realize that the thing runs on GMT but if you are on an NA server the times should change with the NA times not the EU or KR times.

Yea, we should have separate timings for EU and NA as well but it doesn't work this way. The event times didn't change, your time zone changed.

Isteria
11-02-2015, 01:22 AM
While we are on the topic ...

Celestrata, have you corrected your token mistake with XL (2 instead of 1 per lost event)? Are we now getting properly compensated for the bugged chests, downtime and late festival period?

Moly
11-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Celestrata, have you corrected your token mistake with XL (2 instead of 1 per lost event)? Are we now getting properly compensated for the bugged chests, downtime and late festival period?

We're looking to send tokens next Monday.

Can we assume that team have chosen an amount of tokens to deliver ?
Amount that considers :
09/20 NA Hotfix (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242696-ArcheAge-Europe-Hotfix-10-21-15-at-1-00-AM-GMT-(PDT-7)-3-00-AM-CEST-COMPLETE&p=2060217&viewfull=1#post2060217) and 09/21 EU Hotfix (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242696-ArcheAge-Europe-Hotfix-10-21-15-at-1-00-AM-GMT-(PDT-7)-3-00-AM-CEST-COMPLETE&p=2060213&viewfull=1#post2060213)
Everyday quest failure from event release to its supposed completion (09/20-11/03). (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?241768-Hallowtide-rises-from-the-dead-October-20-%96-November-3)

Still fair for everyone in my mind.As we were not able to duplicate the bug with the winning team, and only the losing team, XL has approved 14 tokens as the compensation grant.
I'm not interested to get anything in the event's rewards, however 14 tokens is like if people only participated one time a day. It doesn't sound fair for players to me.
I was aware that XL already have some issue with alphabet but I didn't knew they also had with numbers.
http://i.imgur.com/efWLHaMm.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/efWLHaM.jpg)
Anyway, all answers have been given, thanks Celestrata.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be further reconsideration on token's amount that will be in today's delivery

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be further reconsideration on token's amount that will be in today's delivery

No, there will not be further reconsideration on this one. We were able to get a request of 14 tokens approved with XL, and that is the final number. XL's original suggestion was 7 tokens.

Myssy
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
wow gg....all compensations till now were "ok" or really nice and fair. This one is now a big slap in the face for all your players and you give a ♥♥♥♥ about it because xlgames say this is enough? did you even read the threads about how the players see it and what would be ok/fair and how OFTEN the bug appeared for all of us?

Careby
11-02-2015, 11:34 AM
...Please note that my clock which was changed with the time zone says 8 not 9 in the bottom corner of the screen. I live in the US Central time zone which puts the events at 9am, 1pm, 5pm, & 9pm. Due to Trion not setting their server clocks back when their last NA time zone would have, I missed the whole event today on my character. I realize that the thing runs on GMT but if you are on an NA server the times should change with the NA times not the EU or KR times.

GMT doesn't change. The event happened at the same time it always did. What you call 1400 GMT in your local community is up to your local government. GMT works pretty well for events that affect people in different geographical locations, since everyone can figure out their offset from GMT and know when the events occur. Well, theoretically people can figure it out...

BinaryRun
11-02-2015, 12:09 PM
No, there will not be further reconsideration on this one. We were able to get a request of 14 tokens approved with XL, and that is the final number. XL's original suggestion was 7 tokens.

Hi Celes,

A few days ago you mentioned that you were hoping to start the delivery of the compensation tokens on Monday. Is that still in the planning to start today?

Aphrael
11-02-2015, 12:35 PM
As I've been one of the people for whom the good chest has failed to open multiple times, even with greens standing beside me getting it, I have to say this is really disappointing and lackluster. The entire candy event has been questionable, people blocking, spawning carts over the chests and NPCs...just an exercise in frustration. This is really too bad.

WintyrGW2
11-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Thank you for all your hard work getting us some sort of compinsation for this bug. Awsome work guys

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 04:45 PM
The extra Hallowtide tokens are now claimable: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?246588.

Liloou
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
not just you forgot we were 2 tokens missing every failing quest (1 at the stone and another of the npc after touching the stone) now we only get 14 tokens for 1 char? you are really getting more and more ridiculous.....hope we will get at least 14 tokens for NA and 14 for EU, but i guess probably not. and btw it happend 2 times at my char and also at my daughters we were in the winning team and didnt got the buff. so if you couldnt see that you maybe should have tested it more than just one time.

Isteria
11-03-2015, 01:57 AM

Moly
11-03-2015, 02:51 AM
Did you tell XL that you couldn't start the festival period as intended and for the EU servers you only managed to do it after 2 days? Did you tell them about the downtime? Did you tell them that you made a mistake and it was not 1 but 2 token that people lose?

XL were at Trion's office when that happened, so they were well aware of it. However I don't think it's a thing that XL frequently does, I mean give compensation away. Therefore and even if I still think that 60 tokens would have been more fair, Trion made a compensation happens and more than XL originally designed.

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:51 AM
As this is an older issue at this point, and has been resolved, closing it out.