PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Change event times between NA & EU [UPDATED 1/13]

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-28-2015, 04:05 PM
1/13/16 Update -- There has still been no new information on this particular issue. The focus is currently being placed onto Bloodsong (Update 2.5) in order to get it ready for launch. When this issue comes up again with the development team, we will update this thread.

Description: Due to the way ArcheAge was originally coded, the game only supports a single timezone for recurring events such as Crimson Rift, Grimgast Rift, Abyssal Attack, etc. The result is a unified set of events across both the NA and EU regions, causing some events to go off too early or late for various time zones.

Status: The team discussed this as the lead issue during the most recent meeting between Trion & XLGAMES. Trion is very interested in adding controls that would allow us to separate the event schedules between regions and allow us to run events at more convenient times for everyone.

stupidgirl
10-28-2015, 05:57 PM
PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS!

Also, random event timers would be great too.

Just imageine if we did not know when to expect the gold trader on freedich, or when luscas would spawn!

Couldn't you just split the cluster, or is the EU/NA labor/loyalty exploit intended?

Tammuz
10-28-2015, 07:30 PM
PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS!

Also, random event timers would be great too.

Just imageine if we did not know when to expect the gold trader on freedich, or when luscas would spawn!

agree with event time change, disagree strongly with RNG event times: some of us have jobs and lives outside of our MMORPG, having consistent and known times when to be online and plan our schedule around is needed.

Moose Wayne
10-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Random times for the gold trader at the very least. I've never went up there during the gold trader times but I assume it's heavily camped by someone or people are sitting on the trader before it even spawns.

stupidgirl
10-28-2015, 08:32 PM
yeah not all events, but there are some that would have better gameplay if they were random.

Evann
10-28-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi,

How about pushing castle siege timing to Saturday, 1pm PST / 9pm GMT insteal of Sunday, 1pm PST / 9pm GMT. This will enable a more competitive PVP in castle sieging.

Regards

RivenCsky
10-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Ok I understand the coding issue. Simple fix. Add additional events to cover the prime time AM & PM for NA and EU servers.

Also update event calendar to show local NA or EU game times and not in GMT. 90% of the players have no clue what the conversion is for GMT to i.e. PST.

genbatzu
10-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Ok I understand the coding issue. Simple fix. Add additional events to cover the prime time AM & PM for NA and EU servers.

Also update event calendar to show local NA or EU game times and not in GMT. 90% of the players have no clue what the conversion is for GMT to i.e. PST.

that's because stupid people introduced this stupid system. If everyone would use the official successor of GMT, which is UTC it would be clear what time it is all around the world.

(hint: UTC works like GMT, with added/substracted hours displayed, e.g. UTC-8 is PST)

Valfreya
10-29-2015, 02:55 AM
I see three potential options to help solve this issue for the vast majority of players.

1) Fix the coding issue
Pros) it's fixed
Cons) takes a lot of work

2) Have a separate release for servers in NA versus EU
Pros) the times are more relevant for both regions
Cons) Possibility of unique bugs to each region, more maintenance, more work. Possible de-sync between regions.

3) Introduce more events with daily quests restrictions (i.e. run Halcyona event 3 times per day but limit rewards to daily participation. I.e. you only get the reward once per day)
Pros) More flexibility in attending events. Uniform between EU/NA.
Cons) Some events cannot be affected by this (i.e. Abyssal Kraken) as that would create undue over-rewarding.

The major problem is that the game was developed for one time zone, however the game was introduced to more or less the rest of the world. Covering time zones from Australia, New Zealand, Parts of North America and South America, Parts of Europe. How could you possibly think there will be a universal time appropriate for all these time zones. Something needs to change to adapt to multiple time zones.

mikroman
10-29-2015, 03:38 AM
THe "fortress defend" event timing is broken. Last 4 times were in EU dead times.
~9:30 CET in working day
2:20 CET (in the night/morning) in the weekend
3/5 fortress events start when I am offline. This is funny, because I am "junkie players" :D (last 2/5 online wars result: 1 destroyed fortress, 1 win)

Expendable
10-29-2015, 05:07 AM
How about reducing the number of events overall. Why do we need to do these events every day. I feel like my entire archeage experience is on a schedule now. Why not change some of these events to weekly or every other day (like abyssal) instead of daily. I'm sure more people would attend if these things were less frequent with more rewards. Let us go back to a more relaxed sandbox experience, not the on-rails themepark experience we get from timed events.

Gentatsu
10-29-2015, 12:34 PM
well, I think that having the special event timers different than the daily event timers of mm and abyss etc. I for 1 would rather XL and Trion make sure they WORK properly and arent a idiotic sardine can like the hollowtide candy event in 2 crowns arena. every event its 50 to 100+ players all trying to cram on top of each other to click the stone and npc first. then to just find out ya wasted yer time because the quest bugged out and you didnt get squat. No more, fix it before you release it, if you cant fix it, then skip it and dont release it.

then you have outside interference people using cows to crap on the quest chests, or using mail box's, opening portals or using class skills to interfere with other players attempting to enjoy the event and have fun. its a PITA

Lin
10-29-2015, 04:31 PM
How about reducing the number of events overall. Why do we need to do these events every day. I feel like my entire archeage experience is on a schedule now. Why not change some of these events to weekly or every other day (like abyssal) instead of daily. I'm sure more people would attend if these things were less frequent with more rewards. Let us go back to a more relaxed sandbox experience, not the on-rails themepark experience we get from timed events.

This 100%.

They even have the portals in Austera now all lined up in a row like a themepark. Get on one ride, hero call back, get on next ride, etc etc.
This is killing the game.

Focslain
10-30-2015, 09:33 AM
If Trion gets the ability to set the timer for NA and EU separately this solves a LOT of issues. Once that is done we have a small window to work in and a better chance to get a optimal time for the events.

These generally are only for the events that use RL time for input (AK, Luscas, MM, Seasonals and the like)
Ones that use the in game timer, CR/GR, don't need a fix since their quests are daily and they rotate effectively every 4 hrs.

BigMac
10-30-2015, 10:20 AM
+1

THIS is the answer. Trion needs to be the ones to set the event times and of course to make them fit the two regions: NA and EU.

FunkyGrip
10-30-2015, 03:30 PM
+1

We desperately need separate timers. This would hopefully allow a slightly more relaxed event schedule as you are trying to please less time zones.

Currently I get home from work and have a really short time to do dailies, guild quests, and one rift if I'm lucky, and then it's straight into Abyssal, Luscas, Mistmerrow, Halcy ... it's really starting to feel like a boring grind - especially as the weekend feels so sparse. Apart from Halcy, there aren't really any other timed events during the daytime (GMT) and then it's a frantic panic to complete all evening events.

I would prefer less / more spaced out events during the week and a more packed weekend. I think separating the game times would allow this to be an option.

Kav
10-30-2015, 03:45 PM
This sub-forum was the best thing ever created since the launch of AA <3
Thank you!

Tanyeka
10-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Please when doing events remember the Oceanic people & shift workers in all areas.
Suggestions for special events (eg Hallowtide)
Have them running every 4 hours around the clock but you are only able to do them a specific number of times a day. That way everyone gets a chance to work & sleep.

Daelle
10-31-2015, 02:02 AM
Please when doing events remember the Oceanic people & shift workers in all areas.
Suggestions for special events (eg Hallowtide)
Have them running every 4 hours around the clock but you are only able to do them a specific number of times a day. That way everyone gets a chance to work & sleep.

+1

As I am an Australian the events aren't always at a great time for me and I know EU suffers as well (although probably not as much).

So instead of making the Event times bias towards Americans why not just have events take place at an optimal time for all?

For example, the candy throwing event for Hallowtide could've been every 4 hours. This would've allowed all players across the world to be able to attend at least a few, without having to worry about work, school etc and we would've been able to get most of the items (giving us extra tokens makes no difference to you so why deny them to us?).

Having Abyssal every 12 hours would probably work for everyone too. I have never been to an Abyssal event because it is at an abysmal time for Australians (especially during Winter). But if you were to have another one 12 hours after the first it would be perfect for Oceanic players.

As for Mistmerrow, it would also be nice if they had corresponding times of 12 hours as well.

Luscas should be put back the way they were before you nerfed them to once a day. Every 4 hours makes it fair for everyone all over the world. Making it a daily event that conflicts with Mistmerrow is just not ideal. It is also near impossible to kill one with the amount of galleons about!

If it's too difficult to find an optimal time then adding extra events at opposite times should be fairly easy.

Daelle
10-31-2015, 02:10 AM

This 100%.

They even have the portals in Austera now all lined up in a row like a themepark. Get on one ride, hero call back, get on next ride, etc etc.
This is killing the game.

Hey if these people don't want the events, Oceanic will take them all :D

Valfreya
11-01-2015, 02:20 PM
So, about daylight savings time. Please look into this!

Eliandal
11-01-2015, 09:10 PM
So, about daylight savings time. Please look into this!

This, this and more THIS :D!

As a working adult, the event times just became nearly impossible (and for much of the guild I am in as well)

I can see at least one or two events at "odd" times, to accommodate those on differing schedules - but the absolute mess that is happening now between 5 and 6 PM Eastern is unacceptable. As it was, it was a struggle to make these events for the majority of my guild. Now it's become almost an impossibility for most.

This needs to change, and Trion definitely needs to step up for this!

Edited to add (since it "appears" (or so I've been told :D) that I was "favoring" Eastern) This gets even worse for those in Central, Mountain, and frankly, abysmal for those on Pacific time, and I'm not even considering those from SEA. The timing of events now all but cuts out those with regular 9-5 jobs, the people who have ready access to money for "fun". This is a huge negative for Trion (and yes, I know they aren't in charge of coding, but frankly - they are the face of the game in the west, and like it or not, they do bear responsibility for this)!

Galadriane
11-01-2015, 10:17 PM
+1

As I am an Australian the events aren't always at a great time for me and I know EU suffers as well (although probably not as much).

So instead of making the Event times bias towards Americans why not just have events take place at an optimal time for all?

For example, the candy throwing event for Hallowtide could've been every 4 hours. This would've allowed all players across the world to be able to attend at least a few, without having to worry about work, school etc and we would've been able to get most of the items (giving us extra tokens makes no difference to you so why deny them to us?).

Having Abyssal every 12 hours would probably work for everyone too. I have never been to an Abyssal event because it is at an abysmal time for Australians (especially during Winter). But if you were to have another one 12 hours after the first it would be perfect for Oceanic players.

As for Mistmerrow, it would also be nice if they had corresponding times of 12 hours as well.

Luscas should be put back the way they were before you nerfed them to once a day. Every 4 hours makes it fair for everyone all over the world. Making it a daily event that conflicts with Mistmerrow is just not ideal. It is also near impossible to kill one with the amount of galleons about!

If it's too difficult to find an optimal time then adding extra events at opposite times should be fairly easy.

+1 ^ this - as an Australian, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been able to go to Mistmerrow. As far Abyssal goes, only twice and more as a observer than participant. Same issue with other seasonal events e.g.the Hallowtide candy throwing event:

PDT 7am = 2am (sleeping)
PDT 11am= 6am (getting ready for work)
PDT 3pm = 10am (at work)
PDT 7pm = 2pm (at work)

this means that apart for the weekends, assuming no other RL commitments, there is zero chance to participate in a limited time event, and have a chance to earn the number of tokens needed for the items we would like. With other events such as Halcy or Abyssal, it's even worse.

I tend to divide events into 2 categories:

a) those that can be soloed including seasonal events (these should be on frequent schedules or be available any time)
b) those that require a fair number of players to compete e.g. Abyssal (I can see the logic of a schedule in order to avoid diluting the number of players, especially during the off-peak hours; but please increase the frequencies).

As mentioned above, just put a cap on how often a character can participate in those events if you are concerned about people farming them.

The game is sold and distributed globally, therefore, anyone from around the globe should have fair access and be able to participate to those events.

I pay the same subscription as anyone else in EU or NA, therefore, I am entitled to have the same level of access and value out of the game as anyone else.

magal
11-02-2015, 05:57 AM
I hate to tell you but your not entitled to anything considering your from Aus and either playing on NA or EU servers. That alone should send up a red flag in regards to what you may be able to enjoy about the game that is set to timers. However daylight savings time did just throw a complete wrench into the entire games timing for the entire NA population that has a normal job. AK is now at 4pm est, 3pm cst, and 1pm for those on the west coast..... Luscas are 1 hour later and for most guilds the primary way to get a nice chunk of honor and naval combat for their members. Considering this is an NA cluster with mostly NA customers the fact that you are now alienating your NA people from most the events is not a good idea. As it was it was hard for even those on the east coast to attend any event. Care to explain what we may see for a fast future change ? Or at the very least change what time zone your servers are set to ? I mean seriously in 1998 SOE could change and alter Everquest however they wanted to make this happen and you mean to tell me you didnt see this coming, and known its been a sore spot for people that they cant attend nearly any events ? Come on Trino... get with the game on this one at least.

Focslain
11-02-2015, 08:46 AM
If Trion get the ability to have two separate timers, the new time of the event should be based on the west coast of the area. This would give the most coverage for the respective zones.

As to Trion seeing this as an issue from the start, oh I fully believe that both XL and Trion saw this. But to those that think some else could have given us I ask who. Cause I did look into this and AA wasn't in bidding for a western release. So instead of us still waiting on a release here in the west due to no-one else wanting to touch the game, we got a chance to play. Remember that.

Tikus
11-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Ok, so what time exactly for the Hallotide events???? PDT time??? I went there at 7pm and 11am, I didnt see the event

Focslain
11-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Ok, so what time exactly for the Hallotide events???? PDT time??? I went there at 7pm and 11am, I didnt see the event

If your time zone does daylight savings then you missed it by an hour, arriving late. They posted about the time change and new login tracker in the same thread.

Eireon
11-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Your working population that works within like 5am-5pm in AMERICA, can never make the majority of events. Halcyona, Mistmerrow, Abysal, Luscas. With the change of daylight savings time we further are prevented from attending events after work. FIX THIS. Do only those not on a set schedule or no job get to attend these events? Because the game currently says "♥♥♥♥ you, you work". :/

Erandyer
11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
I hate to tell you but your not entitled to anything considering your from Aus and either playing on NA or EU servers. That alone should send up a red flag in regards to what you may be able to enjoy about the game that is set to timers.

Australians are just as entitled to play the game as any other customer. I agree that your stance on "you're on the wrong side of the world, you know what you're getting into" is perfectly correct with regards to ping and connection issues. I also agree that complaining about event times when playing on a server outside your region, when said region already has a server is a little ridiculous (eg: EU playing on an NA server) I have to respectfully disagree when it comes to event timings.

Yes, the servers may be branded NA/EU but Trion are advertising the game to the entire western world, and have paying customers from many countries outside of North America/Europe. Either they should implement an Oceanic server with ping and event timers that benefit Australians/New Zealanders, or they need to take into consideration their entire player base when planning the game.

As it stands Australians get the very short end of the stick. Someone from Western Australia, for instance, gets to play Mistmerrow at 1am, then Abyssal at 3am and so on. East coast Australians get it slightly better, with Mistmerrow starting at 4am (Daylight Savings are in effect there) and Abyssal at 7am.

Making the event timers a few hours later would not only serve to make it easier for the Americans to play, as most of the complaints i've seen regarding event timings from them have been "X event starts while i'm still at work/too early" It would also push the events into Australian early morning time. Most Aussies I know are used to waking up at 6am to play events in games that do not have Oceanic servers, so I doubt that mindset would change for the Australian player base of Archeage.

I can't honestly understand how someone can argue against making the events in this game better timed for all nationalities of players (within reason). If you enjoy playing populated events with other players contesting and helping you along, then it's a good change. Making the timers work for both NA and OCE can only bring benefits.

Delarme
11-02-2015, 06:29 PM
The problem isn't your argument, its your use of entitled.

I agree that events need to rotate from day to day and stop being on such a strict schedule.

evensin
11-03-2015, 06:31 AM
Trion I challenge you to ask from your community what it can do to assist in the progress of improvements like this. I'm a believer that this community is actually of a high caliber (because it would take that to withstand such degrading treatment from the game and management of the game, and I don't intend that to be an insult at Trion just fact) and is more than willing to be an asset and shareholder in their own enjoyment of Archeage. So instead of a thread that might continue to be bickering and what is perceived as a bunch of loud noise, ask of the community what it can do to help.

Do you want us to systematically find better times via polls or some other means?
Now depending on what kind of solution is available this might not be a needed statistic.

Should we be finding the desired events that should be changed?
I imagine some people feel certain ways such as wanting Freedich gold merchant to be random as opposed to a set time or which days Sea of Graves is desired if it must be 3 a week.

Anything to expedite things or find a more definitive feeling for what the community truely desires. Maybe this is all too hopeful because it's something that actually expects improvement to a huge issue, but if you truly have the expectancy to deliver fixes to your customers then this really isn't a leap. Instead it's preparation to make sure things fit as well as they can and expedites things when you do achieve the ability to change event times

Focslain
11-03-2015, 09:46 AM
So asked the question of: Why they chose the time they did.

Holy fraking Hera.... this scheduling thing is hard, near impossible if your throw in the OCE players.

Still working on something but to give a few things I found:
1) NA/EU/OCE are all in ~4 hr bands, separated by, amazingly enough, 4hr bands.
2) Prime placement for events should be based on the west coast of each band.
3) The average work schedule used tend to be 9am to 5pm (insert your time zone here), mon-fri. I know not everyone has this schedule, but this is based on the majority.

I need to research the international date line to see if it will royal frak with my calculation more then the OCE did.

Also before dropping random suggestion, please research a bit. My sympathy to the team that had to work out our current schedule, this is hard guys, really hard.

Careby
11-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Just use in-game times for everything. That way the events occur at predictable times, but not exactly the same time each day. And do something about server restarts resetting all the timers (including war/peace/conflict cycles)!

Focslain
11-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Just use in-game times for everything. That way the events occur at predictable times, but not exactly the same time each day.

Was holding on this, but.... remember that the game time goes through a day cycle every 4 hours, give or take the resets for maintenance. So that would be about 5-6 times the event would appear... per day. While daily quests can stall parts of this, the economic hit from the abyssal event would be far greater. PLus we have the peace/war cycle of Halycona to content with which like all other peace/war cycles uses real time to count down on.

Corsayr
11-05-2015, 01:21 PM
What happened to running NA and EU as separate builds to allow them to have different timers, and having glyph load them in different locations?

Careby
11-05-2015, 02:36 PM
What happened to running NA and EU as separate builds to allow them to have different timers, and having glyph load them in different locations?

I can't imagine they would have to be separate builds. Are there no changeable configuration settings on the servers? Hard to believe. And if by some chance it is actually impossible to have configurable event times, then change the time zone on the servers. And if for some unfathomable reason the game ignores the time zone, then offset the hardware clock on the servers.

It can't be that hard to localize event timing. I would go a step further and have different event timing on different servers in the same region once server transfers are enabled. If you could choose a server based on your preferred "prime time" - it might be worth a transfer.

Focslain
11-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I can't imagine they would have to be separate builds. Are there no changeable configuration settings on the servers? Hard to believe. And if by some chance it is actually impossible to have configurable event times, then change the time zone on the servers. And if for some unfathomable reason the game ignores the time zone, then offset the hardware clock on the servers.

It can't be that hard to localize event timing. I would go a step further and have different event timing on different servers in the same region once server transfers are enabled. If you could choose a server based on your preferred "prime time" - it might be worth a transfer.

Actually it's completely believable that the build has a centralized clock. Also for each option you mentioned, all of this would be frakked if the game verifies the time externally. The game unfortunately does not exist in an enclosed space especially since it uses real world time for the events (Now if it used an internal timer then you have a case)

Isteria
11-06-2015, 03:45 AM
With the new Ocleera rift set to 2 am GMT, we urgently need this to be sorted out. To avoid misunderstandings, most of the EU countries are in GMT +1 or +2. Considering the summer/winter time changes as well, I guess the EU players would agree that for us the events should be based on GMT +1 (not too early, not too late)

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fc.tadst.com%2Fgfx%2F750 w%2Ftzmap-europe-2014.png%253F2&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.timeanddate.com%2Ftime% 2Feurope%2Fgeneral-information.html&h=430&w=750&tbnid=s3xSYZ5Hd0cJHM%3A&docid=aIG58ESQ5hFy8M&ei=NIQ8VuzRMsP4OYmIrbgG&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1295&page=1&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=0CDkQrQMwAmoVChMI7Lu8ws77yAIVQ3wOCh0JRAtn

MM1: 17:00 GMT+0 = 18:00 GMT+1 = 19:00 GMT+2 (30 mins duration)
MM2: 21:00 GMT+0 = 22:00 GMT+1 = 23:00 GMT+2 (for those who couldn't get on time for the 1st one).
Ocleera Rift: 18:00 GMT+0 = 19:00 GMT+1 = 20:00 GMT+2 (don't know how long you would need)
Abyssal/Luscas: 19:00 GMT+0 = 20:00 GMT+1 = 21:00 GMT+2 (2+ hours duration for Abyssal)

I think the above 3 would be the primary events. Halcy is not really popular on my server and in its current state, it doesn't take more than 20 mins for someone to win. I will let others to comment on when they think Halcy should take place.

Ideally, the events should be based on GMT+1 for the winter time and on GMT+2 for the summer time, as most of EU goes from GMT+1+2 to GMT+2+3 for the summer period.

FarmerPotato
11-07-2015, 07:35 AM
I agree, plus you need to make important events fit to that timezone's prime time. As EU players we feel like the game is NA centered.

Forestcrow
11-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Let's me give you the simple solution

1. Separate EU and NA
People who ACTUALLY play on each region are more important than those switch to other regions for extra money
You are losing people by caring about that don't matter much.
NA is NA, and EU is EU.
Why do you care about those few players playing both only for extra money?
You are kicking off the potential costumers for a dumb reason.

2. Set Abysal to 7,8 or 9 pm est (which is 4,5, or 6pm pst)
So, people who actually throw money at you can enjoy the contents.
Not like one side with more no life wins

3. Make Halc available only for Mon Wed Fri and Sun. And Give 2x rewards
That way more people come not just one side zerg and finish halc within 30 sec

Making those events daily burn people out so badly.
Remember this should be a sandbox game not a theme park game

Good luck losing more players, or you fix it and earn $$$

Reborn By Fire
11-07-2015, 12:30 PM
i like to see halcyona event changes to follow server time schedules and be character daily quest again ( one time per character every day ). this event is the only mass war event for new players and should be the promotion mass pvp event for them and for the game too.

i think the best time is 3 hours game time after grim ( 15:00 game time ) , that is 30 minutes real time . also the 1.30 war time is too much for this event . 1 hour is more than enough . after the first 30 minutes of war and if the sides are equal the event is becoming boring ( every pvp event after the first 30 minutes except SIEGES :p )

Update 15/11/2011

in my server ( dahuta ) pirates that are the stronger and more populated pvp faction coming always 5-10 minutes before the end of the MM event and they capture everything the last 2 minutes and they win .

can this event change to be more accurate who deserves to be winner during the whole 30 minutes of the event ?

Archaelin
11-24-2015, 07:56 AM
I'm assuming no new updates on this Celestrata?

I'm not clear on the whole Publisher/Developer thing, so I don't know how much leverage you have (i.e. if you paid a substantial fee for the rights to publish this game?) If you did, I would think with you being the customer this would be a topic that is high on "their" priority list, as it affects a HUGE part of your player base. I'm sure it's already a top priority on your list, but are they responding with any urgency to address this?

Thanks!

felixius
12-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Because I have a normal 8-5 job, I haven't been able to do a lusca event or evening mistmerrow since Thanksgiving, and before that it was at least a month.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, and most have just accepted this as fact, but there it is. I feel so far behind on the honor grind, and no help on the horizon from Trion

:<

deinemuse
12-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Because I have a normal 8-5 job, I haven't been able to do a lusca event or evening mistmerrow since Thanksgiving, and before that it was at least a month.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, and most have just accepted this as fact, but there it is. I feel so far behind on the honor grind, and no help on the horizon from Trion

:<

This has been an issue for many people. Doubt anything will change till daylight savings changes.

Focslain
12-22-2015, 11:06 AM
So dropping a tangent here,

With the current system there is not 'perfect' time, there are too many zones to cover. So figured we look outside the box and at the source.

From what I've seen many agree on the dual build option, one for NA, one for EU. Seems simple and honestly would solve this issue by a massive amount.

So why not do it?

I have two theories on this:
1) XLGames only allows one build per publisher
2) Only Trion bid on AA for western release.

So given this there are two solutions:
1) XL/Trion re-negotiate thier licensing agreement to allow Trion two builds or
2) Trion releases thier claim to one region and that region hopes for a new publisher.

Option One will cause the lowest problems for the community, but might (or more likely will) cost Trion more in the long run since they have to effectivately buy the game twice from XL. This is of course if XL will let them.

Option Two will cause the biggest problem for the community, but would be easier on the developer/publisher as one can get a new revenue source and the other can either lower operating costs or switch resources to better this game or others.

I'm hoping that option one is what is used. The end result of Two would be the sunsetting of the servers in the dropped region and that region if they want thier version of the game would have to hope another publisher will take on AA. Which if theory two is true then that region is frakked.

This of course would also eliminate the EU/NA seperate pools that I hate as well, but there is the chance that Trion would drop the NA side and not the EU and I'd be out of a game.

It's a chance honestly, I'd be willing to take, doubt seriously that anyone else would though.

felixius
01-07-2016, 07:46 AM
@Celestrata, do you even check these? I thought the idea was to have a dialogue with the community on current issues.

Focslain
01-07-2016, 09:46 AM
@Celestrata, do you even check these? I thought the idea was to have a dialogue with the community on current issues.

They generally only post if new information is avaliable. So no new info, no replies. And trust me I would love to see if my theory is correct.

I will have to add to it a third possibility that came to mind recently.

There is the chance that XL/Trion didn't see the time issue when they wrote their contract. This isn't saying their stupid, but the lack of future planning is at fault here, mostly on XL. Here's why.

Remember that the NA/EU version is the only version with a timing issue, the other four don't have this problem. So since 4/5 of their versions don't have the issue it might not have popped into the planners mind that what we are facing would happen.

Just look at the peace zone cart blocking, this was only a major issue in the west, not the east.

At the time the publishing rights were being done, our two main culprits for the time issue, MM and Abyssal, might not have been in the planning stage. All of the publishing rights to the game were sold off prior to the second closed beta. So our two events might have been in the concept stage, but not flushed out enough to warrant mentioning during negotiations. This lack of information made it so that the dual build request couldn't be made or even considered until Trion had signed.

Once the events went live in the East, Trion saw the issue coming and had to pick a time to cover all the zones.

Also remember that when the game started, other then possibly the sieges, the only other timed event was the Halycona War, which was done on an eight hour cycle. This gave three chances a day to do this event. Also if you remember my previous post on the timing of the different areas, EU/NA is separated by 8 hours from their respective time zones (ie, the west coast of EU is 8 hrs behind the west coast of the NA) so this would fit in fine, even with the OCE player base.

As for the sieges these were to be done once every three weeks and is suppose to be a major guild event. It might have been expected that the guild members would plan this like some of the old WoW raiding guilds and with plenty of time for notice even the average working man can ask for a vacation day to do a siege.

Once again this is speculation and I would like some official or even unofficial feedback on this.

Krokus
01-09-2016, 07:28 AM
I think that Trion has already forgotten about this topic...or even never cared.

After more than a year after the release of the game doesn't change ANYTHING.

Oh no, wait, I'm wrong ...now events in the EU will be even later. Mistmerrow 03:00, 15:00 and 21:00, Abyssal 22:30....do you think that people in Europe don't have to sleep?

Well done Trion, these are changes which we have waited so long...

felixius
01-11-2016, 11:27 AM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?258688-Publisher-Request-subforum&p=2172937#post2172937

I will be sweeping through the publisher request subforum later today or tomorrow to give all issues an update. I apologize, but I've been trying to catch up with other, more pressing tasks (and PMs) before moving on to that forum. - Celestrata on 1/7

Celestrata thanks for keeping your word and updating the publisher request forums!... not

Focslain
01-12-2016, 11:01 AM
I think that Trion has already forgotten about this topic...or even never cared.

After more than a year after the release of the game doesn't change ANYTHING.

Oh no, wait, I'm wrong ...now events in the EU will be even later. Mistmerrow 03:00, 15:00 and 21:00, Abyssal 22:30....do you think that people in Europe don't have to sleep?

Well done Trion, these are changes which we have waited so long...

Honestly I would prefer the EU times to what I have here in the states. That way I can do my farming, then run the themepark gambit of PvP events and head to bed afterwards. Heck I've even advocated for a later time on the east coat so the west coast got a decent chance.

Now I have to jump straight from work into the pvp run and the west coast doesn't have a chance for the most part.

As for a fix, the extra Mistmarrow is a start. At least this shows that XL is trying to through us NA/EU players a bone. The big hurtle will be abyssal, but outside of a multi-build solution I don't see that one being solved anytime soon.

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:33 AM
1/13/16 Update -- There has still been no new information on this particular issue. The focus is currently being placed onto Bloodsong (Update 2.5) in order to get it ready for launch. When this issue comes up again with the development team, we will update this thread.

Zepfu
01-13-2016, 11:16 AM
When this issue comes up again with the development team, we will update this thread.

How often does this issue come up with the development team?

Focslain
01-13-2016, 01:56 PM
How often does this issue come up with the development team?

I'm going to bet good money on only when the NA/EU is the primary topic. Which is not often.

Malicent
01-14-2016, 06:56 AM

Description: Due to the way ArcheAge was originally coded, the game only supports a single timezone for recurring events such as Crimson Rift, Grimgast Rift, Abyssal Attack, etc. The result is a unified set of events across both the NA and EU regions, causing some events to go off too early or late for various time zones.

Status: The team discussed this as the lead issue during the most recent meeting between Trion & XLGAMES. Trion is very interested in adding controls that would allow us to separate the event schedules between regions and allow us to run events at more convenient times for everyone.

Grrr.

I have rewritten my reply to this 3 times and could not find a way to reply without massive vulgarity.

I'll just say this. Trion you can and should do more. I don't want to hear the XLgames this and that BS. You represent your customer base and you are alienating the working/paying subscriber base by not holding XLgames to the fire on this issue.

felixius
01-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Grrr.

I have rewritten my reply to this 3 times and could not find a way to reply without massive vulgarity.

I'll just say this. Trion you can and should do more. I don't want to hear the XLgames this and that BS. You represent your customer base and you are alienating the working/paying subscriber base by not holding XLgames to the fire on this issue.

+1 I'd probably be permanently forum banned if I hadn't walked away yesterday to cool off. Going to reiterate:

Trion you can and should do more

Focslain
01-14-2016, 07:55 AM
+1 I'd probably be permanently forum banned if I hadn't walked away yesterday to cool off. Going to reiterate:

Trion you can and should do more

Going to say this now...

Outside of a publishing contract rewrite Trion has already used what little power they have to mitigate this issue.
A coding answer would require a new event be added and do you want to deal with the impact of a second Abyssal on the game economy?

If the added Mistmarrow helps we may see a second Lusca in the future, but otherwise we are stuck due to the core game design, which is, and say it with me, XLgames department.

felixius
01-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Going to say this now...

Outside of a publishing contract rewrite Trion has already used what little power they have to mitigate this issue.
A coding answer would require a new event be added and do you want to deal with the impact of a second Abyssal on the game economy?

If the added Mistmarrow helps we may see a second Lusca in the future, but otherwise we are stuck due to the core game design, which is, and say it with me, XLgames department.

That's all speculation, so please, just stop.

I'd like Trion to get off their ♥♥♥ and get something done. We don't need the excuses, and we certainly don't need the playerbase making excuses for them. Stop defending Trion's impotency. Let them do that please.

Trion has shown the ability to influence game design multiple times before. If they put their foot down they could get some kind of fix here. The fact that they haven't is incredibly alarming. They either don't care, or they don't understand how bad the issue is.

Focslain
01-15-2016, 10:52 AM
That's all speculation, so please, just stop.

I'd like Trion to get off their ♥♥♥ and get something done. We don't need the excuses, and we certainly don't need the playerbase making excuses for them. Stop defending Trion's impotency. Let them do that please.

Trion has shown the ability to influence game design multiple times before. If they put their foot down they could get some kind of fix here. The fact that they haven't is incredibly alarming. They either don't care, or they don't understand how bad the issue is.

Theories based on more evidence then your whining.

Anyway the added Mistmarrow is showing that XL is starting to listen. But we aren't going to get a fix for abyssal as it has way too much an impact over a second Lusca.

felixius
01-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Theories based on more evidence then your whining.

Anyway the added Mistmarrow is showing that XL is starting to listen. But we aren't going to get a fix for abyssal as it has way too much an impact over a second Lusca.

K, well i'm addressing Celestrata, please don't respond to my whiny posts anymore. Thanks.

Digma76
01-16-2016, 04:07 AM
What I don't get though. They are already patching them separately (EU and NA), so they are 2 seperate entities, what is even the unifying factor in these two that makes the timer for the timers to be around the same time? Perhaps I am missing something, but to me it doesn't sound like "one region" = NA/EU.

Focslain
01-19-2016, 07:47 AM
What I don't get though. They are already patching them separately (EU and NA), so they are 2 seperate entities, what is even the unifying factor in these two that makes the timer for the timers to be around the same time? Perhaps I am missing something, but to me it doesn't sound like "one region" = NA/EU.

There are two separate server clusters, one in Austin, TX (NA) and one in Europe (not sure on the location). This is to help in ping issue. So they update one then the other but with the same build from XL.

Mynameistest
01-20-2016, 01:14 AM
+1

Yes more people need to comment on this
Time for events need to change,we arn't meat in front of our pcs paying you money.We have lifes.Something XL seems to not understand

Kuktar
01-20-2016, 02:04 AM
+1 please fix.

Digma76
01-20-2016, 05:47 AM
There are two separate server clusters, one in Austin, TX (NA) and one in Europe (not sure on the location). This is to help in ping issue. So they update one then the other but with the same build from XL.

Yeah, I am aware of the 2 clusters, so that should theoretically be 2 separate entities. There is no link between the two, other that they roll out the same patch. So if XL Games would modify one part for EU and the other for NA to have different timers, problem solved.

Only thing I can see happening then is that people will need to have 2 installs when they want to go to the NA servers instead of being on EU and vice versa. And they can code that in Glyph if they want to, as they did that already with the PTS. So no need to constantly switch source directory for the region you're loging into.

Focslain
01-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I am aware of the 2 clusters, so that should theoretically be 2 separate entities. There is no link between the two, other that they roll out the same patch. So if XL Games would modify one part for EU and the other for NA to have different timers, problem solved.

Only thing I can see happening then is that people will need to have 2 installs when they want to go to the NA servers instead of being on EU and vice versa. And they can code that in Glyph if they want to, as they did that already with the PTS. So no need to constantly switch source directory for the region you're loging into.

The bold is the issue, it's been shown that XL will only give Trion one version of the game. Even a small change like this is technically a different build. So if XL would give one with the variable for the timer set for a nice NA and one with an EU variable your right, all this would be moot. BUT they don't (pick your reason why).

Digma76
01-20-2016, 09:57 AM
The bold is the issue, it's been shown that XL will only give Trion one version of the game. Even a small change like this is technically a different build. So if XL would give one with the variable for the timer set for a nice NA and one with an EU variable your right, all this would be moot. BUT they don't (pick your reason why).

I could possible think of an array of excuses why they wouldn't. So how would releasing the same patch with an identifier that looks if you are on NA cluster or EU cluster and sets time accordingly, work? :p

Focslain
01-20-2016, 10:05 AM
I could possible think of an array of excuses why they wouldn't. So how would releasing the same patch with an identifier that looks if you are on NA cluster or EU cluster and sets time accordingly, work? :p

Well from what I've seen and read, there is no identifier. The game looks at the GMT time for the events we are having the issues on, so the timer is set with a completely outside variable.

Digma76
01-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Well from what I've seen and read, there is no identifier. The game looks at the GMT time for the events we are having the issues on, so the timer is set with a completely outside variable.

Too bad, missed opportunity.

Krokus
03-27-2016, 05:02 AM
Let's talk about events time in Europe again. We just changed the time for the summer time...so now all events start an hour later.

http://www.planetarium.toya.net.pl/Time_zones_of_Europe.png
blue - gmt
red - gmt+2
green - gmt+3

So for most of us "evening" events - Abyssal, Luscas, Siege, Halcyona - start at midnight or later.
No honor and no leadership points for most of the Europeans for 6 months.

Khalesia
03-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Yes, thatīs true.
We cant be on game every day at midnight for Luscas, at 1am for Halcyona, and 4am Mistmerrow during 6 month......... You must change it.

HoleID
03-27-2016, 07:01 PM
They won't do anything about it, like last year.
Xl Rules this part of the code/game, like the golem wars or the class balance =3=
But Fear Not, they will ask 15 questions about that specific issue too! To get a:
"Player angry? Archer always angry, tell them no dps, crowd controlu now! Oh... what? Summertime... tell them to live in England"
Problem Fix

Focslain
03-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Currently the push/pull between the times of NA and EU make just letting the current times run as they be. During the winter EU has the decent times, in the summer, NA does.

Until we get a dual build so that the timers can be set differently for their respective regions the issue of DST is moot.

Krokus
03-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Currently the push/pull between the times of NA and EU make just letting the current times run as they be. Currently the push/pull between the times of NA and EU make just letting the current times run as they be. During the winter EU has the decent times, in the summer, NA does.

Until we get a dual build so that the timers can be set differently for their respective regions the issue of DST is moot. , in the summer, NA does.

Until we get a dual build so that the timers can be set differently for their respective regions the issue of DST is moot. .

Events time in EU

Winter time for GMT+1 Countires (which involves everything between portugal and poland aka the majority of Eu playerbase).

21:00 MM (Our Supposed Prime-Time MM)
22:00 Red Dragon (Yay for wednesday)
22:00 Siege starts (after the 30 min prep) - 23:30 End
22:30 Abyssal
23:00 Luscas
00:00 Halycona Battle (Our supposed Prime-Time Halycona)

Summer time for GMT +1 Countries :

22:00 MM (Our Supposed Prime-Time MM)
23:00 Red Dragon (Yay for wednesday)
23:00 Siege starts - 00:30 End
23:30 Abyssal
00:00 Luscas
01:00 Halycona Battle (Our supposed Prime-Time Halycona)

And there are countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey for which everything starts even an hour later:

Summer time for GMT +2 Countries :

23:00 MM (Our Supposed Prime-Time MM)
00:00 Red Dragon (Yay for wednesday)
00:00 Siege starts - 01:30 End
00:30 Abyssal
01:00 Luscas
02:00 Halycona Battle (Our supposed Prime-Time Halycona)

So no, EU doesn't have decent event time, even during the winter.

Focslain
03-29-2016, 07:55 AM
Generally don't like to double post, but for the sake of keeping the information centralized...

And there are countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey for which everything starts even an hour later:

-snip table-

So no, EU doesn't have decent event time, even during the winter.

Ah ok, it's been a while since I hit hard on this subject so I missed details, sorry.

Yea , i was thinking about you guys when i post.

In a stream or something, Celestrata or khrolan once said that they use the most appropriate timezone to fit the majority.. and thus will either choose the central timezone or one where the majority of the playerbase.

while i don't know about US... I can assure you that GMT+0 is neither the Central Timezone, nor the one where the majority of the playerbase is. This is where Trion have to KNOW that in mostly 90% of online games that comes to Europe. The timezone chosen is the Central one, and thus GM+1... Else you can say goodbye to your Eastern Europe Customers, and will mostly likely hurt the Central Europe customers in the process..

It's been 2 YEARS, and they still haven't figure this out.. this is saddening. i feel like i'm playing a game that is not even published for Eu player besides his language, especially during summertime.

In general the best time for a region (na or EU) should be derived from it's west coast region. This would place the time further into the evening for the east side, but in a small area this shouldn't be an issue.

With our version Trion has to cover a whooping 12 zones. So getting a perfect time is difficult at best. Which is why we need the dual build. Then EU only has to plan for 3 and the NA has a max of 6 (4 if we're being conservative). Which is much more manageable.

Sceletia
04-17-2016, 10:40 AM
we need really other times. Events should start about 1,5 or 2 hours earlier at least, just for the GMT+2 countries...

Tijgertje0172
04-17-2016, 11:54 PM
"21:00 MM (Our Supposed Prime-Time MM)
00:00 Halycona Battle (Our supposed Prime-Time Halycona)"

Move this back 2-3 hours and we are good.

Saywana
04-19-2016, 11:36 AM
Still nothing written... Official ??

Nerfing all form of PVP and having events so late huhu

Well I bet to be able to sell potatoes from dead servers to non-dead one through AH is more important than keeping servers alive ! Potatoes farmers > Events participants !

I know it was said on stream but as long as it's not written, it's just wind,

Focslain
04-19-2016, 11:49 AM
"21:00 MM (Our Supposed Prime-Time MM)
00:00 Halycona Battle (Our supposed Prime-Time Halycona)"

Move this back 2-3 hours and we are good.

I'm sure once they get the separate timer system running that will be where it ends up, NA needs it a few hours later. At least we have a plan of attack for this issues instead of 'just discussing it'.

Truffula
04-19-2016, 04:27 PM
What if they just figure out the best time for NA and the best time for EU and then schedule events to happen every day at both those times?

Events would happen more often, but what's so bad about that?

Tijgertje0172
04-20-2016, 12:41 AM
I'm sure once they get the separate timer system running that will be where it ends up, NA needs it a few hours later. At least we have a plan of attack for this issues instead of 'just discussing it'.

Yeah once we have that AA life will be better, probably a raised player activity along with it.

Saywana
04-20-2016, 04:55 AM
Daily Bump for information !

We need answers ! As other people said, people are living on daily basis because of this issue, ...

Evann
04-21-2016, 07:46 AM
+1

Trion is always bias towards Oceanic, didnt Oceanic swipe? Do you think only NA swipe? Your profit comes from all timezone, why are we, Oceanic treating that unfairly. Castle, Abyssal, Kraken, Luscas. Every god damn event is bias against Oceanic.

Saywana
04-22-2016, 02:47 AM
Did Trion realize that Overwatch release is in May and by that time it will be too late ?

How can you pretend to publish a Game for EU with that event timers ? 2 Years after release still remaining the same....

Focslain
04-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Trion is always bias towards Oceanic, didnt Oceanic swipe? Do you think only NA swipe? Your profit comes from all timezone, why are we, Oceanic treating that unfairly. Castle, Abyssal, Kraken, Luscas. Every god damn event is bias against Oceanic.

AA was not designed to service a region as large as what Trion is doing. Course why it was still allowed I've already stated earlier in this thread.

As for being bias towards Oceanics, your stuck in the same boat as someone who plays cross-region even after the fix is placed in. This game was designed for single region play and from the looks of it always will.

But this does place some good questions. After the fix is placed if Trion assigns a server or two for an Oceanic time frame, would you move and what of the people on those servers that play in other regions? How are they to be taken into account?

Evann
04-24-2016, 06:44 PM
AA was not designed to service a region as large as what Trion is doing. Course why it was still allowed I've already stated earlier in this thread.

As for being bias towards Oceanics, your stuck in the same boat as someone who plays cross-region even after the fix is placed in. This game was designed for single region play and from the looks of it always will.

But this does place some good questions. After the fix is placed if Trion assigns a server or two for an Oceanic time frame, would you move and what of the people on those servers that play in other regions? How are they to be taken into account?

Initially the castle siege start on Sunday, 9pm GMT. So what i did suggest to Trion is to shift it to Saturday.

Tiomun
04-25-2016, 07:06 AM
There was a comment in the last live stream that the overlapping events, game time events and real time events, are good because it forces players to pick and choose certain events.

I don't feel this is the case at all since most of these events require a significant amount of group participation.

This schedule overlap forces users who may want to do event A to fail since the majority of players want to do event B.

This is not how game play should be. This type of system only detracts from the quality of all the events for all players.

Since its probably difficult to convert game time events to real world time, I have a suggestion to help with this.

Change the GR/CR daily quests. Simply make it so both count for the same daily and can only be done 1 time for the reward. Double the XP, Honor, and leadership earned from doing it once and you will free up a significant amount of player time to do other normally overlapping events. You wold also make it easier to get into one of these events on larger population factions.

Focslain
04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Initially the castle siege start on Sunday, 9pm GMT. So what i did suggest to Trion is to shift it to Saturday.

Agreed, a Saturday siege is preferable to the Sunday one since by the wide time zone issues (especially the oceanics) it could run them into Monday. Was hoping that sieges would be like Saturday afternoon/night for better coverage.

Focslain
04-25-2016, 08:23 AM
There was a comment in the last live stream that the overlapping events, game time events and real time events, are good because it forces players to pick and choose certain events.

I don't feel this is the case at all since most of these events require a significant amount of group participation.

This schedule overlap forces users who may want to do event A to fail since the majority of players want to do event B.

This is not how game play should be. This type of system only detracts from the quality of all the events for all players.

Since its probably difficult to convert game time events to real world time, I have a suggestion to help with this.

Change the GR/CR daily quests. Simply make it so both count for the same daily and can only be done 1 time for the reward. Double the XP, Honor, and leadership earned from doing it once and you will free up a significant amount of player time to do other normally overlapping events. You wold also make it easier to get into one of these events on larger population factions.

Considering that GR/CR/Sungold CR repeat every 4 hrs there shouldn't be much of an issue if it overlaps with the single run events (Abyssal/Lusac/MM/Halcy). If you miss one you just catch the next one later.

Olympia
04-26-2016, 03:06 PM
still nothing......this thread was posted on 10/28/15 and 6 months later,abyssal events in EU servers are empty,cause people dont want to stay up till 02:00 or 3:00 in the morning......Mistmerrow and Halcyona battles are no battles at all,pointless since they are 3 and 2 times per day each,without giving some decent rewards (noone cares about warrior's medals anymore i think).
My suggestion would be 1 MM,1 Halcy per day with some extra bonus for the winners (dunno,labor potions or extra honors or something else) around 17:00-18:00 GMT and Luscas Awakening before Anyssal attack starting at 19:00-20:00 GMT .... that would help a lot and give some action to the servers that have none

Wolfond
04-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Please keep sieges and abyssal / luscas events on eveing, like 1 or 2 hours earlier but just keep them the evening. I know they are freaking late for EU but still since i play they are the evening and its how im used to play i dont wanna see luscas at middle of afthernoon please.

Like 21:00 GTM +1 could be so nice, so whith GTM+2 (summer clock) it end at 23:00 which is very decent for everyone.

Miichi
05-02-2016, 09:04 AM

The new proposed events times by Trion for the main EU time zones are NOW way too early,before it was too late
Wasn't it the purpose of this change to change it for a better time ?
Why does Trion wants to change it to put it even worse than before ??.

*searching for logic*

Culland
05-08-2016, 07:25 AM
There is no logic. Trion treats this game as a cash cow, it limps it along following the path of least resistance and puts absolutely no effort into actually making the game better for its customers. They will check this off their list like they accomplished something, list it in future accomplishments of all that they have done, but in reality they just changed bad for different bad.

Focslain
05-09-2016, 08:48 AM
The new proposed events times by Trion for the main EU time zones are NOW way too early,before it was too late
Wasn't it the purpose of this change to change it for a better time ?
Why does Trion wants to change it to put it even worse than before ??.

*searching for logic*

There was logic in the times, just not good logic. At least they saw the error and are fixing it.

Digma76
05-24-2016, 04:58 PM
There is no logic. Trion treats this game as a cash cow, it limps it along following the path of least resistance and puts absolutely no effort into actually making the game better for its customers. They will check this off their list like they accomplished something, list it in future accomplishments of all that they have done, but in reality they just changed bad for different bad.

The NA players that are logging to farm are going to have a blast with the events that they will never participate in. Crunching numbers but not realising where numbers come from can be lethal for a company. So Trion, the window, was it really based on the amount of people logged in during the day on the EU servers? You will be thanked by the NA players (no offense to them ofc, they can't help it).

When I look at the activity in the various guilds on our server, it really starts to come alive around 20:00 CEST (18:00 GMT). At 12:00 (10:00 GMT) you can be glad to have like 25% of active players around then.

So everyone working during the day or actually having any kind of outer-game activity will have very boring evenings.

W0lfhammer
05-24-2016, 06:09 PM
I agree with this and also change the EU maintence times to much later time on Tuesday, just an hour or two is all I ask it makes me fed up every Tuesday to come on at 1am (Since the merit badges don't properly reset just to get a message "Hey guy who decided to just suddenly log on: You got an hour to do something before we make it impossible for you to do anything for 3-7 hours whilst we maintain the servers). It's so infuriating I am actually considering switch to NA because of how inconvenient it is to basically not be able to do anything because your GMT and my GMT are always an hour behind! Why should I have to put up with this? Why do NA servers get better times whilst we get messed about because we aren't in your time zone! It's a bit unfair really.

I would suggest in a separate thread that's more relavent but it seems that no-one is allowed to post their own suggestion to the forums so it seems clear that the only way I can get a moderator's attention about this issue however small it may seem is to post in a slightly relevant thread. Could you be so kind as to answer why our times have been lacking co-ordination as per the NA servers? I would like to know that Trion is at least aware of the problems concerning times not only just for the events but for the maintence as well.

I may take into consideration that if Trion support actually sees to it we are being treated equally fair and not just ignored and left on the sidewalk in the rain. I feel disheartened that my game is put on hold every time this happens just because the timing is slightly off. And yes, better hope nothing expires between that period of time I lose because I'm not likely to get what I lost back am I?

Kind Regards
W0lfhammer.

Just to clarify

This is what we get:
GMT Wednesday 2am (Not a chance noob come back 5 hours)
GMT Wednesday 7am (Better wake up noob we fixed the servers)
GMT Wednesday 3pm (Oh back from "work" noob get a move on!)
GMT Thursday 0:00am (Want to do an event? Good luck it's either Lusca or MM at 2am for you noob!)
GMT Thursday 0:01am (Don't care I'm off to sleep!)

That's a whole 7-8 hours I'm behind on farming/doing events because the servers are down.

If this doesn't get changed in about 2-3 months I'll consider swapping servers as I can't enjoy my time being wasted like this every Wednesday it's just not fun I might as well have an American shouting slurs because at least I'd be able to play without this problem every time. By that time I hope I'll actually have the armour to do something in game rather than getting beat up because that guy played a few months/year beforehand.