PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Improve Ayanad Design drop rates [UPDATED 1/13]

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-28-2015, 04:13 PM
1/13 Update -- While the second part of this system (the scrap system) is not coming into the game with Update 2.5, we will continue to discuss with the team the possibility of adding it to a later update.

Description: The community has suggested that the rarity of Ayanad Designs is still too high, which has resulting in Ayanad weapons being extremely rare in the world. Community suggestions to fix it have included offering Ayanad Designs through the Merit Shop for Merit Badges or the Marketplace for Credits, as is done in other regions.

12/2 Update: We've been able to officially confirm that the first part of these changes will be going live with the December Winter Maiden Update. This specific change will reduce the number of Ayanad designs in the game from 20 to 3 -- a design for Weapons, a design for Armor, and a design for Accessories.

Status: After speaking with XLGAMES in our quarterly business meeting, a new design for Ayanad Design collection was proposed. It breaks down into the following ideas:

Ayanad Designs will now be collected through a a scrap-based system, allowing continued progress in collecting the scraps and higher droprates.
Reduce the number of designs in the game from 20+ to 7, mirroring the wisp system. (One design for each category of weapons/armor, such as one-handed, two-handed, etc.)
Scraps could be collected via various means, such as dungeon rewards.

The system is still in development and these details may be subject to change.

Llewelyn
10-28-2015, 05:01 PM
This sounds awesome! I hope it gets through.

Bloodtau
10-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Trion should boost the availability in game ASAP while waiting for this fix, They could run contests out of game or reward each account a year old one with rng chest.

But since i know trion too well, this wont happen.

stupidgirl
10-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Yeah, lets just make everything easy in the game so noone is any better than anyone else.
This will for sure make whales spend money on the game.

people that claim they hate RNG do not actually hate RNG at all, they just want the game to be easy. I did an experiment and offered to handle RNG for a 15% fee above average cost. People balked at my prices.

The recent whisp change was not great because it lessened RNG, it was great because it made it 3x cheaper to make the items.

Arcanoman
10-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Please, make sure it is still rare or takes time to obtain.

Don't break it like acrheum trees and haunted chests, things will loose their value.

Moose Wayne
10-28-2015, 08:52 PM
A haunted chest droprate for each scrap wouldn't be too bad if the number of scraps you needed wasn't too low.

But I have some questions about the new system.

1. Will there be specific fragments for each type of design like 1h metal weapon design or can I convert x amount of fragments and generate a random design from the 7 types?

2. Will full designs still drop or are they being removed entirely in favor of the scrap system?

3. How will you handle current designs in the game such as an ayanad axe design? Would that be converted into an ayanad 1h metal weapon design after the patch?

4. How are you breaking up the designs by category? There's 9 different types of wisps but you say there will be 7 designs(1h metal wisps, 2h metal, wooden, musical, small and large accessories and then each type of armor makes 9 wisps). You can get 7 designs if you make all the armor designs into just one type though so that would be a great buff to armor crafters if done that way

5. Will there be any lean on the probability of getting specific designs? Like how you altered archeum droprates so sun and moonlight archeum dropped more often than starlight, would you make it so armor and weapon designs drop more than the designs for stuff like instruments and jewelry? Note: I didn't put armor first by coincidence, I do think it should have a higher drop rate than weapon designs to try and combat how inefficient stacking armor is compared to stacking damage.

6. Will we not be getting them in alternate ways such as in the merit badge shop? There's not much point to farming merit badges right now because there's only a couple of things in the shop worth buying and ayanad designs would definitely liven up that market

And I think that's about all I can think of for questions right now

Gentatsu
10-29-2015, 12:28 PM
well, i can see this turning into a tedious grind fest. So if i want to collect a full set of gear designs Ill need to collect how man scraps per design? 100? 500? 1000? 5000? Then which mobs will have the chance of droping said scraps? just the boss's? How many scraps will drop at a given time, 1 per boss kill?

so assuming the worst, i could end up needing 5000 scraps per armor piece, at 1 drop per boss kill. thats a crap load of grinding. I dont mind working for my gear. But i dont feel like spending 18 months grinding out the same few boss mobs for 2 or 3 designs, before the next armor type is released. Ill pass on the grind fest.

Vexassi
10-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Well, I'm a bit biased here because I have spent a significant amount of time doing trade runs and earning gold to acquire 4 pieces of Ayanad Earth leather... but I really really hope any changes introduced will respect the end-game value and rareness of Ayanad, rather than crash the market with floodgate breaking of ayanad recipes being introduced.

The1TrollOfAA
10-30-2015, 04:10 PM
First and foremost nice having an official thread dedicated to Ayanad Designs, but straight to the matter at hand. How about just increasing the drop rate of the Ancient Library Tome in the first place, yes i understand players with say it will destroy the market but to avoid such problems increase the drop rate to the point where people that actually dedicate time farming library can come out with something more than just coinpurses, low tier accessories and mats. On the same note i'm not saying let it drop like how regrade braziers and archeum trees drop out of coinpurses >.> but something more reasonable than having a super lucky day, killing your first mob and getting a design or spending your whole life grinding for one sealed design that has a 1 in 20 to drop the design you are looking for.
Also the RNG aspect of the sealed tome with increase drop rate allows prices to stay at a steady rate because it's still a chance base system rather than picking the specific design with the scraps.
Another point i wanted to make was mainly on the merit badge method, with last week live stream players were complaining and voicing their opinions that this will destroy the market. In truth it affects the market but not destroy it mainly due to the fact that farming 400 merit badges(someone clarify if i am wrong) still takes a lot of time to farm regardless of the new merit badge quests and log-in tracker bonus and still rng base as well but also accommodate for players that doesn't have 2-5 hours a day grinding for something that supposedly drops and has a 0.000001% of dropping so yes pricing for design will go down but prices for the upgrade-able weapons/armors goes up balancing out the issue at hand. At the same time people will also indicate that there will be an increase amount of design causing prices to drop but with further update to merit badge both here and KR 2.5 more options for spending merit badge will arise but will also alleviate the influx of design seeing everyone wants a super cool tree house worth 500 merit badge in 2.5 and if that doesn't work why not limit each account to 1 design per month to make more reasonable for everyone so you either chose to buy the design and/or items from the merit badge to make profit on or buy something else for personal use.

Linkthehobo
10-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Why can't we just have the Korean merit badge access to random designs? 20 design types, 400 merit badges: It was rng, but still obtainable through a few weeks of grinding. I don't mind the scrap system but again, XL custom tailoring crappy features to NA just opens us up to way more bugs. I'd prefer to just see direct KR version updates come to NA. Westernization has not worked for anyone except those at Trion lining their pockets with rng lockbox cash.

AbolisherRusgon
10-31-2015, 06:18 AM
I actually like the idea of having to farm these out. I feel like hard working players should hopefully be able to attain them with a little grinding.

However, here are my concerns with this method:

What is the frequency that these will drop? If they remain too rare the point of this system is overlooked, but likewise, if they become too common the Ayanad market will crash and suddenly every level 52 will be running around in Ayanad. I'm not saying it would be a bad thing for Ayanad to go down (it's something that's going to happen regardless) but I still feel that people should have to work hard for better gear. I'd be disappointed for people to suddenly out gear me when I've been working on my T-4 Obsidian for quite some time now.

Moose Wayne
10-31-2015, 08:37 AM
Even if you get an ayand design every other mob kill, ayanad will be limited by upgradeable delph pieces. And they're going to shoot way up in price because people will actually buy them to upgrade to ayanad

Vexassi
11-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Even if you get an ayand design every other mob kill, ayanad will be limited by upgradeable delph pieces. And they're going to shoot way up in price because people will actually buy them to upgrade to ayanad

Except if the price of Delph upgradeables goes up astronomically than everyone and their mom will start to craft weapons/armor and the armor/weapon market will get flooded and in a short period of time the supply will quickly catch up to the demand and crash that market hard.

It's not like archeum is expensive anymore, and crafting houses save mat costs and labor costs and give "shining" pieces will guarantee upgrade success

Aycee
11-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Except if the price of Delph upgradeables goes up astronomically than everyone and their mom will start to craft weapons/armor and the armor/weapon market will get flooded and in a short period of time the supply will quickly catch up to the demand and crash that market hard.

It's not like archeum is expensive anymore, and crafting houses save mat costs and labor costs and give "shining" pieces will guarantee upgrade success

Except if everyone and their mom start to craft weapons/armor the supply for mats will decrease causing their prices to go up until their is an equilibrium between mat prices/ rate of crafts / gear prices. There will 100% be a spike in delph upgradeable prices, either through speculators buying them up as soon as the update is announced for release or through the increased demand for them with more ayanad designs coming into the market.

Vexassi
11-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Except if everyone and their mom start to craft weapons/armor the supply for mats will decrease causing their prices to go up until their is an equilibrium between mat prices/ rate of crafts / gear prices. There will 100% be a spike in delph upgradeable prices, either through speculators buying them up as soon as the update is announced for release or through the increased demand for them with more ayanad designs coming into the market.

What mat is hard to get to make armor? Archeum trees have ruined the archeum market and therefore I cannot think of a single resource that cannot be farmed to match an astronomically high demand. I know someone that was sitting on 20k moonlight archeum crystals after a month of farming archeum trees.

Aycee
11-03-2015, 02:12 AM
What mat is hard to get to make armor? Archeum trees have ruined the archeum market and therefore I cannot think of a single resource that cannot be farmed to match an astronomically high demand. I know someone that was sitting on 20k moonlight archeum crystals after a month of farming archeum trees.

Mineral water would be the limiting factor.

AngryYoda
11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Could try turning libary mats into tradeable mats, then more people will farm libary to sell mats thus indirectly increasing ayand design drops.

Annouke
11-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Description: The community has suggested that the rarity of Ayanad Designs is still too high, which has resulting in Ayanad weapons being extremely rare in the world. Community suggestions to fix it have included offering Ayanad Designs through the Merit Shop for Merit Badges or the Marketplace for Credits, as is done in other regions.

Status: After speaking with XLGAMES in our quarterly business meeting, a new design for Ayanad Design collection was proposed. It breaks down into the following ideas:

Ayanad Designs will now be collected through a a scrap-based system, allowing continued progress in collecting the scraps and higher droprates.
Reduce the number of designs in the game from 20+ to 7, mirroring the wisp system. (One design for each category of weapons/armor, such as one-handed, two-handed, etc.)
Scraps could be collected via various means, such as dungeon rewards.

The system is still in development and these details may be subject to change.

As a end game type of gear they should still remain rare. Others might not agree with me but my suggestion is this as a add-on onto the scrap idea. Unless you go there to do the daily quest now since the reduced experience needed to level or to fight the bosses, no one really grinds library anymore. With the scrap idea, maybe add it to the Library purses, no matter type. chance to obtain a scrap. Then add a option to the costume design workbench to turn the said scraps into a design of your choosing while still keeping the designs able to drop fully at the rate is is now.
The result will at least make them more obtainable thus pleasing most players while still making the player base work for it to keep the amount of designs low enough so, players have something to strive for. Could also, have the scraps drop off the library raid bosses and the dungeon bosses which might add more players going to attempt them and corner reading room.

Darsy
11-05-2015, 05:06 AM
Mineral water would be the limiting factor.
with the amount of sealed weapon it wont be a problem since when the water will not be enough people will start opening the weapons and salvage em.

Pwnocchio
11-05-2015, 06:13 AM
Why are they available in the merit shop in Korea and not in NA/EU?

stupidgirl
11-05-2015, 08:28 AM
plz add to cash shop.

Annouke
11-05-2015, 09:47 AM
plz add to cash shop.

That is highly doubtful since it has been said that they do not want best in slot items in the cash shop for credits. Personally, my suggestion would make it fair to everyone and would also put a stop to players being labeled f2p or p2w since they would have to put in the time and effort into farming the design (in this case) scraps. Be more constructive and explain as to why it would be better long term to just cash shop it?

It's in the merit shop in KR, not entirely sure as to why it isn't here either however keep in mind, they aren't cheap merit wise.

SakuraCalleil
11-05-2015, 09:47 AM
I like the idea of scraps, removes the RNG factor and instead adds a "hard work" requirement.

That said, I hope these become untradeable (prevent bots from profiting) require a good number (in the region of 30 to 40 hours farming). People still need to remember the upgradable Delph is still a massive gate for most players.

Erosthantos
11-05-2015, 11:00 AM
When I heard about the publisher request I thought it would be addressed more often please work on it I am sure more solid details have been made since this thread initially came to be

rollingthunder69
11-06-2015, 09:54 AM
I like the fragment idea but it all depends on how it is implemented. If it is a random drop from library purses or lower end mobs with a higher fragment count I wouldn't mind that. If I'm grinding mobs for a long time id rater be able to see progress then make it RNG. If I had to kill 10,000 mobs but yet be able to see progress as I go it would be good. The thing I hate right now with RNG is its completely random, like with crafting weapons. I've made probably 60+ bows yet no delphinad, it gets to be a drag after a while with no light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, I could make one from wisps but at the current market value that's ~28k for a delphiand :(.

Since the xp requirement has been lowered to get to 55 I now have all skill trees maxed at 55. The only reason I go to the library anymore is for CRR and the library earring quest. I don't touch the library other then those times because it has nothing for me anymore. After spending weeks on end in there grinding mobs I got tired of it. I wouldn't mind going back though if I could see some progress while farming.

I think the fragments should be like the wisp system where it is broken up by type (ex armor, weapon, accessory) so it doesn't make all the designs the same value. The fragments should also be tradeable like how the enoan and fire ironclad are. This would allow the more casual for the more casual mob farmer to gain more pieces if needed of a certain type or sell unneeded ones.

I also wish they would add the ability to recover the design from a salvaged ayanad piece. Its no fun to work so hard for a design and then get a crummy roll on a weapon prefix. When you salvage it you get hardly anything back compared to what you put in.

alessa
11-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Can we get an update its been weeks

AJ Big
11-10-2015, 12:03 PM
While I think that the Ayanad design drop rate should be increased, too much would be a really bad thing. I like the changes that have been proposed however it sounds like all of those things might make them TOO obtainable. I am 100% pro changing the amount of designs from 20 to 7 however the availability of them should not be higher or lower than the chances to proc an upgradeable Delphinad peice of gear.

Cascaden
11-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Attention Celestrata Bloodsong!

Question: May we please have an update on where the discussion is internally at this point please? Maybe an eta? Thank you for your time.

Bloodtau
11-13-2015, 03:27 PM
It is nice you want to fix this issue in the long term, But what about the short term? Like half ayear of back log........

Other regions already had other means to get designs via merit/events.

Maybe do a event / giveaway. :mad::mad: some of us have been waiting over half a year and are really gimped in game by Trions mess up! All my freinds are in T6 obsidain, they made these items in less than a day with pw2. I spent month after month crafting delph upgradable and i get shoved to one side by trion NOT COOL AT ALL

Bloodtau
11-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Give fix Ayanad Design availability in the short term like this month provid them with a event or somthing.

alessa
11-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Still waiting on an update

Bloodtau
11-17-2015, 10:59 PM
What is this? Cele posts and wipes her hands clean of this issue?

getting more and more angry at trion we are paying you for a service!!!

AlexXx
11-18-2015, 12:24 AM
Any updates please?

Aeonwen
11-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Updates please.

Supermoep
11-18-2015, 10:56 PM
If scraps get introduced i hope the complete designs still drop :-)

Psycos
11-21-2015, 02:35 AM
i think it's a bit too soon for the scrap based drop. But i like the the idea of the 7 in stead of 20 blueprints. Ayanad are meant to be rare, so the drop rate should not change (not now). In stead, why not including more places where you can drop it like all of diamon shore and not only the library ? That should give a little push without being to much easy to get.

Ketso
11-21-2015, 01:37 PM
If you guys could make the library worth farming, we wouldn't probably be seeing the lack of designs.

Instead of make it scrap based (which makes no sense), just make it worth to go to the library and spend there 1,2,3 hours farming. The current drop from the library coinpurses are ridiculous, wasting 20 labor per purse to get 80s and a sunlight dust is not totally worth.

Wyzpr
11-24-2015, 07:38 AM
If you guys could make the library worth farming, we wouldn't probably be seeing the lack of designs.

Instead of make it scrap based (which makes no sense), just make it worth to go to the library and spend there 1,2,3 hours farming. The current drop from the library coinpurses are ridiculous, wasting 20 labor per purse to get 80s and a sunlight dust is not totally worth.

lol i take it you dont stay updated on the news... they are revamping it in december update. they are reducing the plan types to only 3 (armor, weapon and accessory) types of designs but it sounds like the drop rates are staying the same. hopefully its weighted more for armor and weapon designs.

Psycos
11-25-2015, 02:25 PM
lol i take it you dont stay updated on the news... they are revamping it in december update. they are reducing the plan types to only 3 (armor, weapon and accessory) types of designs but it sounds like the drop rates are staying the same. hopefully its weighted more for armor and weapon designs.

This part isn't bad, but what we don't wan't is the part where you gain peices of a plan by quest or donjons. This would make it far too easy.

OranDoge
11-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Should let people who already have designs, be able to right click it after the update to turn into one of the new ones.
Also when the scraps drop, make them untradeable until the person has completed the design.
I've leveled up atleast 6 characters 1-55 with 50-55 being straight library, no other things and somehow i never seen a design drop. Just hope the scraps are a tiny bit of a higher drop rate.

Erosthantos
11-30-2015, 06:14 AM
This publisher request things was a lazy ♥♥♥♥ing cop out... They don't even update it when they get new info they've known for weeks that they were going down. To 3 designs yet this still says 7

CptNimuki
11-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Please leave the design as they are right now, the purpose of ayanad should be to be rare,having really low drop chance isn't a bad thing.but I guess this is NA version so lets continue to change the fun stuff :(

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-02-2015, 01:48 PM
12/2 Update: We've been able to officially confirm that the first part of these changes will be going live with the December Winter Maiden Update. This specific change will reduce the number of Ayanad designs in the game from 20 to 3 -- a design for Weapons, a design for Armor, and a design for Accessories.

Zombocom
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Can we get a confirmation on existing designs? How will the existing recipes be affected by the new vs old designs?

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Can we get a confirmation on existing designs? How will the existing recipes be affected by the new vs old designs?

According to initial notes, the older designs will not be affected and will still be usable. We will look to confirm this in the December Update build.

Sharza
12-02-2015, 03:02 PM
According to initial notes, the older designs will not be affected and will still be usable. We will look to confirm this in the December Update build.

Will the designs still be able to drop in a full design at the same drop rate as well as the Scraps in the heightened drop rate?

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Will the designs still be able to drop in a full design at the same drop rate as well as the Scraps in the heightened drop rate?

The scrap system isn't included in this update. It has been pushed back to a later update.

Babykin
12-03-2015, 05:14 PM
The scrap system isn't included in this update. It has been pushed back to a later update.

Thanks for the update

I notice in the patch today ayanad drops will no longer drop from a boss in the library.
I have heard some people were farming them there and totally understand if thats why they no longer drop off that boss.

Can you confirm if there will be any change to actual drop rates with the December update?

As it stands having less types of plans is great but the issue is general lack of designs and now we lost one more source for designs for the market. Dont get me wrong though three design types will be huge considering how much weapon designs vary in price but I hope there will still be a tuning in the actual drop rate.

Thanks for the update

Arcanoman
12-04-2015, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the update

I notice in the patch today ayanad drops will no longer drop from a boss in the library.
I have heard some people were farming them there and totally understand if thats why they no longer drop off that boss.

Can you confirm if there will be any change to actual drop rates with the December update?

As it stands having less types of plans is great but the issue is general lack of designs and now we lost one more source for designs for the market. Dont get me wrong though three design types will be huge considering how much weapon designs vary in price but I hope there will still be a tuning in the actual drop rate.

Thanks for the update

Bump, I need some clarification on this.

sobin
12-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Question 1:
Will old designs be converted to new system, ie axe design becomes weapon design?

Question 2:
You're decreasing the amount of designs from 20+ down to 3. Then you're increasing the amount of designs to 7?

First post is very confusing

Lshock
12-07-2015, 05:37 AM
Can we please get confirmation that they will still drop in the library after the updates, and we won't just only get the scrap system to acquire said designs.

Zombocom
12-07-2015, 04:28 PM

On the PTS I don't see a recipe for the older designs. Do the older designs get converted? Please confirm.

Madness4Life
12-07-2015, 04:44 PM
on the pts i don't see a recipe for the older designs. Do the older designs get converted? Please confirm.

please confirm!!!

Taiver
12-07-2015, 05:06 PM
please confirm!!!

What they said. Would like to know the answer to this myself.

Zombocom
12-09-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure why you gave us incorrect information on your live stream about existing Ayanad designs. People are now making thousands of gold because they bought up the cheap recipes that simply got converted. Can you stop saying stuff on the live stream that you don't understand or have the complete answer to? Thanks! I could have gotten both of my weapons Ayanad have you given correct information. complete fail.

Dark Skies
12-10-2015, 05:05 AM
Why following what you said is always a bad idea? "We are not going to convert old ayanad design into the new ones" - Few days later all design are converted... Thanks a lot, again. I've lost tons of gold and my chances for an ayanad are now even lower than before.

Baddiez
12-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Will these be set as drops from monsters or will they just be added to the 3 library specific coinpurses loot table?

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:46 AM
1/13 Update -- While the second part of this system (the scrap system) is not coming into the game with Update 2.5, we will continue to discuss with the team the possibility of adding it to a later update.

Elpolloloco
01-13-2016, 05:42 PM
1/ No ayanad design with merit badge ==> want to cry but ok:rolleyes:
2/Old ayanad design doesn't work, official thread (they work....) ==> Liar or Bungler ?? ==>:mad: rage, selling 3 gazebo and stop 1acount
3/ No scrap ayanad design in 2.5 (ayanad weapon design > price epic weapon) ==>:mad: selling 6 gazebo and stop 3 other acount .....
5/ And now ? waiting other game ?? :confused::cool:

therealbaldemord
01-18-2016, 09:19 AM
1/ No ayanad design with merit badge ==> want to cry but ok:rolleyes:
2/Old ayanad design doesn't work, official thread (they work....) ==> Liar or Bungler ?? ==>:mad: rage, selling 3 gazebo and stop 1acount
3/ No scrap ayanad design in 2.5 (ayanad weapon design > price epic weapon) ==>:mad: selling 6 gazebo and stop 3 other acount .....
5/ And now ? waiting other game ?? :confused::cool:

Do you think you scare Trion by telling them you unsub with one or two accounts? You would do us all a favor selling the rest of your land and then uninstall while you are at it.

Wraithunter
01-18-2016, 07:36 PM

Ye, Take ye time, but still though...Staring at my Delph Celestial, Desert Greatsword, Ocean Staff, Quake Shield, and Lightning Nodachi is killing me! lol

Elpolloloco
01-19-2016, 01:25 PM
No scar for Trion don't worry. but it's the reality many player leave the game all day ==> new merge in 3month ? see you on BDO :) bbye

Smit
01-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Any new word on the merit badge implementation?

Cascaden
02-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Update please.

Camcam
02-16-2016, 11:50 AM
Would be lovely to have an update on this soon.

adsfkor
02-18-2016, 08:06 PM
Seriously Trion , just add the Designs in the Merit Shop already , this is becoming annoying , Delphinad Upgradable Weapons lost already their value. And with Obsidian T7 coming , none's buying Delphinad Upgradable anymore. You claim that you guys cannot do changes on ur own , yet you deny to add the designs in the merit shop like KR has. First you remove them totally from Heart of Ayanad , then you come up with this "new" system that never got released.

At least post an update.. and please , don't come up with something like : "We are still investigating the scrap system with XL".

Thanks.

Luciusplayer
02-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Please fix this as soon as possible. Ever since the change to obsidian where you no longer needed salvaged epherium x to upgrade to T4/T5 weaponry has become a lot less lucrative than it once was. I know plenty of crafters feel the same way, and while the wisp system is good, I feel like the ayanad design should be fixed. It is absurd when crafters such as myself hope for a delphinad to not go upgradeable because no one wants to buy one and would rather have it salvaged for wisps. The designs are absurd, no one is farming library at all because the drop % is extremely low leaving all these ayanad upgradeable items to be salvaged. It is sad seeing that an ayanad design sells for more than an actual ayanad weapon itself....

Akasuki
02-19-2016, 04:35 AM
Trion, are you ever going to fix the Disciple's workbench outside Library?

Smit
02-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Come on... You knew this was a serious problem at the start of Dec. It is now Mid Feb. Just put on the Merit shop already.

Luciusplayer
02-21-2016, 03:43 AM
I agree it has been over a month since the last update. Please just add it to merit shop or implement the scrap idea please I beg of you

adsfkor
02-21-2016, 05:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZCyNOke.jpg?1

Give us an update. :<

Luciusplayer
02-22-2016, 06:46 AM
This is absolutely disgusting I farm 1k mobs daily with a friend using max loot % buffs equivalent to about 63% a day and I am absolutely convinced that designs are non existent. What is the point of even farming for an ayanad design? Just remove everything ayanad from the game if you aren't going to fix this problem. What sense does it make to even have ayanad in the recipe log if it is impossible to even craft? Someone can get epic T6 obsidian alot easier than one can even think about getting a design. No one is in the library the crafting community morale is destroyed. Price of designs are way above the price of an actual ayanad. This is absolutely appalling. What makes you think this is a good idea? We are all chasing a carrot on a stick! There has been nothing said or done ever since the whole 3 design only was implemented. That did not fix the problem... The lackadaisical attitude towards design irritates me even more. Dragon weapons are running around, Epic+ T5s/T6s are running around what point is there to withhold designs from the crafting community? Instead of having ayanad designs consume on craft, make it so that it does not. Only then can I see any reason for the loot rate at this point. I am absolutely convinced though that these designs are just a mirage, a mere figment of one's imagination. They do not exist, they have been removed from the game because we are being forced to itemize towards obsidian instead of chase after ayanad...

Pwnocchio
02-22-2016, 09:10 AM
If not for XL Games surprise ♥♥♥♥♥♥ of the Abyssal Crystal drop rate in Serpentis I would have salvaged my Delphinad Volcano Bow for wisps long ago.

Please, Trion, make the most of your stealth-nerf of the Abyssal drops and fix the ayanad design drop rate so I might actually get some value out of my bow before being forced to salvage it (in the year 2027 when I finally have the 15 Abyssal Crystals needed to make my T6 bow).

Tiomun
02-22-2016, 12:15 PM
This is absolutely disgusting I farm 1k mobs daily with a friend using max loot % buffs equivalent to about 63% a day and I am absolutely convinced that designs are non existent. What is the point of even farming for an ayanad design? Just remove everything ayanad from the game if you aren't going to fix this problem. What sense does it make to even have ayanad in the recipe log if it is impossible to even craft? Someone can get epic T6 obsidian alot easier than one can even think about getting a design. No one is in the library the crafting community morale is destroyed. Price of designs are way above the price of an actual ayanad. This is absolutely appalling. What makes you think this is a good idea? We are all chasing a carrot on a stick! There has been nothing said or done ever since the whole 3 design only was implemented. That did not fix the problem... The lackadaisical attitude towards design irritates me even more. Dragon weapons are running around, Epic+ T5s/T6s are running around what point is there to withhold designs from the crafting community? Instead of having ayanad designs consume on craft, make it so that it does not. Only then can I see any reason for the loot rate at this point. I am absolutely convinced though that these designs are just a mirage, a mere figment of one's imagination. They do not exist, they have been removed from the game because we are being forced to itemize towards obsidian instead of chase after ayanad...

One of my guild mates just got a Ayanad design last week. My wife helped sell it in faction chat for him. He got the damn thing after having been quit for a year. It was his first day back in the lib and it dropped within 30 minutes. I have spent absurd amounts of time in the library and never seen one until then.

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/37/372f691602de7e73ddb9110c8eb423f29eda42a8c4ac2d9858 0916611e21ab4c.jpg

AlexXx
02-25-2016, 01:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zcynoke.jpg?1

give us an update. :<

please!

Kehveli
02-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Any news on the subject? Would really like an update here.

Camcam
03-01-2016, 12:50 PM
So, @Celestrata are we able to get an update on this issue? Even a quick, simple response would be appreciated!

Balabhadradas
03-02-2016, 05:53 AM
So, @Celestrata are we able to get an update on this issue? Even a quick, simple response would be appreciated!

Check the reddit for news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/48bswh/celestrata_weekly_ayanad_scroll_update/

Trion_CelestrataSenior Community Relations Manager 4 points 1 day ago (01/03/1026)

No word just yet.

Varomnia
03-02-2016, 07:23 AM

I like the idea of making it a prerequisite recipe that you must learn by grinding for the item. That way, those who build armor feel like they're in a profession, as as this will remain rare, can ask for a nice tip, or charge for upgrading gear. Putting the designs in the marketplace would really propel game progression out the window, and with the amount of users grinding for gear in dungeons, this would tick them off to the point of never doing a dungeon again. If you're going to put it somewhere, put it up for gilda, that way, we have to at least farm gilda for a few weeks/months to attain it. If dark arrow is 500 gilda, and this design goes for about 20k now, this should be at least a 2k gilda design, but seeings as we actually need more ayanad items in the game, I would be exceptionally happy with it only costing 500 - 1,000 gilda/merit.

If you put the design up on the marketplace, please at least put some restrictions on them, as in, account must be at least a few months old, and have a level 55 character on them, and can only purchase 1 design per month kind of deal. As much as we need these designs, I don't want to see gear progression get that broken.

Kehveli
03-02-2016, 08:59 AM
If you put the design up on the marketplace, please at least put some restrictions on them, as in, account must be at least a few months old, and have a level 55 character on them, and can only purchase 1 design per month kind of deal. As much as we need these designs, I don't want to see gear progression get that broken.

The thing that seems to be hard for some people to grasp here, is that the design itself doesn't mean the person gets some uberawesome superweapon. There has to be upgradeable Delphinad first. There has to be successes of 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/7 + 1/7 before there is even a weapon that can be made ayanad. Even with the new 8 wisps = guaranteed Epherium it still is 1/7 + 1/7. So even if everyone were given Ayanad design now (not saying that they should, but theoretically), how would that break the progression? The amount of labor and gold on average put into gear to even get upgradeable Delphinad is insane.

So I don't really understand these "so that the design wouldn't be too easy to get" things.

Focslain
03-02-2016, 11:24 AM
The thing that seems to be hard for some people to grasp here, is that the design itself doesn't mean the person gets some uberawesome superweapon. There has to be upgradeable Delphinad first. There has to be successes of 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/7 + 1/7 before there is even a weapon that can be made ayanad. Even with the new 8 wisps = guaranteed Epherium it still is 1/7 + 1/7. So even if everyone were given Ayanad design now (not saying that they should, but theoretically), how would that break the progression? The amount of labor and gold on average put into gear to even get upgradeable Delphinad is insane.

So I don't really understand these "so that the design wouldn't be too easy to get" things.

Actually its 1/7 for the upgradable delphinad for the cost of X wisps, adding the ayanad pattern to the marketplace in our region has the chance for abuse as multiple accounts/alts can be made for a merit version. By making it a dungeon/mob drop means that it has to be gained thru game play.

Now adding it to the loot table of say the hard mode Mistsong bosses might be an alternative since I haven't heard of those being glitched. Course if they have then we are at the same point again.

Smit
03-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Focslain: If the merit requirement were high, around 600 or 700 Merit Badges, then yes someone COULD use their alts to farm dailies, but that is a good thing. Making Ayanad scrolls purchasable from Merit badges encourages people to do dailies. Dailies require killing in various zones, normally unpopulated. Dailies require pack making which stimulates the economy. Dailies are a good thing. Merit Badge goals are a good thing by default.

Please address the Ayanad weapon scroll drop rate on the Live Stream
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
And make the scrolls available on the Merit shop

Kehveli
03-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Actually its 1/7 for the upgradable delphinad for the cost of X wisps, adding the ayanad pattern to the marketplace in our region has the chance for abuse as multiple accounts/alts can be made for a merit version. By making it a dungeon/mob drop means that it has to be gained thru game play.

Now adding it to the loot table of say the hard mode Mistsong bosses might be an alternative since I haven't heard of those being glitched. Course if they have then we are at the same point again.

Yes, you can make Delphinad directly with wisps, but if I remember correctly it would be 90 wisps or so. And then the price of the wisps is way more than upgradeable Delphinad at the moment (excluding maybe divine+ grade ones), so you lose anyway.

Agree with you that the designs should be obtainable through ingame means. I actually like the idea of grinding library for the designs. To a certain point. At the moment the rate is just so ridicculous its not even funny. I myself find merit or gilda ideas kind of a "hotfix" solutions and therefore not very viable ones. Wouldn't it just be easier to increase the droprate and be done with it? Like 1/5000? Even then it would be huge grind for most people but still obtainable to those who really need it. Lets just say that even 5000 is low number compared to how many I have killed trying to get that design and still haven't seen one. And the frustrating part is that if I by some miracle happen to get one, it will surely be accessory design...

Focslain
03-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Yes, you can make Delphinad directly with wisps, but if I remember correctly it would be 90 wisps or so. And then the price of the wisps is way more than upgradeable Delphinad at the moment (excluding maybe divine+ grade ones), so you lose anyway.

Agree with you that the designs should be obtainable through ingame means. I actually like the idea of grinding library for the designs. To a certain point. At the moment the rate is just so ridicculous its not even funny. I myself find merit or gilda ideas kind of a "hotfix" solutions and therefore not very viable ones. Wouldn't it just be easier to increase the droprate and be done with it? Like 1/5000? Even then it would be huge grind for most people but still obtainable to those who really need it. Lets just say that even 5000 is low number compared to how many I have killed trying to get that design and still haven't seen one. And the frustrating part is that if I by some miracle happen to get one, it will surely be accessory design...

I'm not opposed to a drop rate increase, just against a merit/gilda buy out. As for the drop rate I haven't really farmed the library to the extent that others have to even get close to the numbers that have been reported. So not speaking on what the increase needs to be.

Smit
03-03-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm not opposed to a drop rate increase, just against a merit/gilda buy out. As for the drop rate I haven't really farmed the library to the extent that others have to even get close to the numbers that have been reported. So not speaking on what the increase needs to be.

Focslain. sounds like you do not have a ayanad upgradeable weapon. It sounds like you have not tried to grind library for weeks to have no progress or glimmer of progress. I'm assuming you have a Obsidian weapon and never even considered going the crafting route. Why do I make these assumptions? Because you clearly do not understand the torment of having a divine upgradeable for 3months and no way of improving.

Wraithunter
03-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Well I know on PTS that I've been farming Library ever since it was first introduced into ArcheAge, and from then on, I haven't even gotten once simple design. ;C
(I'M STILL GOING THOUGH! :D)

MCBOB
03-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Fix heart of ayanad. This is how ayanad designs were supposed to drop. We are going on the 3rd month now with the drop rates in that dungeon shut off. Not acceptable.

Focslain
03-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Focslain. sounds like you do not have a ayanad upgradeable weapon. It sounds like you have not tried to grind library for weeks to have no progress or glimmer of progress. I'm assuming you have a Obsidian weapon and never even considered going the crafting route. Why do I make these assumptions? Because you clearly do not understand the torment of having a divine upgradeable for 3months and no way of improving.

Well you are right in that I haven't farmed library for months nor have an upgradable dephlinad item. I am going up the obsidian line first due to the straight line progression so I have something to hold me off until I get to the point that I know is going to be hard. I'm building a foundation of a system that will carry me to the top and can stand if there is change. Which is funny since it's actually easier to get upgradable items now then it was a year ago, even my original plan is still 99% intact.

But since ayanad is the top tier I expect it to be hard. I expected it not to show up in game for a long time. But it showed up pretty fast (due to dungeon glitch) and still pops up from time to time. Do I expect to get top tier in a few months? Hell no.

I plan for the long haul because I expected and wanted to take that path. I know many don't like walking, but sometimes you have to get out of the car and walk to get to the best location.

Smit
03-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Well you are right in that I haven't farmed library for months nor have an upgradable dephlinad item. I am going up the obsidian line first due to the straight line progression so I have something to hold me off until I get to the point that I know is going to be hard. I'm building a foundation of a system that will carry me to the top and can stand if there is change. Which is funny since it's actually easier to get upgradable items now then it was a year ago, even my original plan is still 99% intact.

But since ayanad is the top tier I expect it to be hard. I expected it not to show up in game for a long time. But it showed up pretty fast (due to dungeon glitch) and still pops up from time to time. Do I expect to get top tier in a few months? Hell no.

I plan for the long haul because I expected and wanted to take that path. I know many don't like walking, but sometimes you have to get out of the car and walk to get to the best location.

Your statement makes it sound like Ayanad>Obsidian. This is just not true. The extra attribute on obsidian make obsidian much better than Ayanad. The "linear progression" you talk about is silly because you are just saying that it is easier to obtain. I went the Ayanad route BECAUSE of the discussion from Celestrata in Early Dec regarding the intention to fix the drop rate or the ability to acquire the scrolls. No such effort has been seen and therefore frustration is high.

Focslain
03-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Your statement makes it sound like Ayanad>Obsidian. This is just not true. The extra attribute on obsidian make obsidian much better than Ayanad. The "linear progression" you talk about is silly because you are just saying that it is easier to obtain. I went the Ayanad route BECAUSE of the discussion from Celestrata in Early Dec regarding the intention to fix the drop rate or the ability to acquire the scrolls. No such effort has been seen and therefore frustration is high.

Well the obsidian line is easier to progress through, but that was already established. As to Ayanad being better then obsidian that is up for debate but there are items that can't be made in the obsidian line. Accessories, belt and guard armours aren't available in the obsidian line and require the crafting or mob drop progression.

So if anything those items are needed and later as the gear progression get added to (such as the T7 obsidian in 2.9) we'll need the ayanad patterns even more. But we are not there just yet.

Also the drop rate might have been increased, but by a small amount. This would make it seem still hard since the increase was small and not a large one that causes it to drop on a regular bases.

I plan to go ayanad for the items I can't make in obsidian, but not until I finish my t5 upgrades. When I enter the library on a daily run I'll hope for a pattern, but I have more reasons then just the pattern to go there.

Custom Horror
03-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Imo, keep low drop rate, keep rare. But keep other incentives to farm library.

Focslain
03-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Imo, keep low drop rate, keep rare. But keep other incentives to farm library.

Well there is the Ayarand Earring quest line, obsidian mats and now the costume shards. Later one I'm sure they can add more.

Sethrina
03-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Well there is the Ayarand Earring quest line, obsidian mats and now the costume shards. Later one I'm sure they can add more.

Obsidian mats are not a reason they're a chore. The ayanad earring quest is but so horrifically grindy while simultaneously group dependant that you're ♥♥♥♥ed either way. Costume shards only drop from purses now which are a waste of labor if you open floor 1/2. Even if you do get the shards no one actually wants to buy the costume because the mat price is so high. You're better off vendoring the mats and using the gold to buy the cheaper costume off the AH.

ProfWhiteowl
03-05-2016, 11:44 PM
They will never change this Trion is milking this tell 2.9 drops. So T7 can be the top and Ayanad will be 2nd best. Designs are outrageous forcing you to go Obsidean or be left in the dust. On the other AA versions Designs are CHEAP but Xl changes it for us.... All boils down to money! Give then props tho

MCBOB
03-09-2016, 12:20 PM
The ayanad earring quest is but so horrifically grindy while simultaneously group dependant that you're ♥♥♥♥ed either way.

Its grindy, but not the worst I have ever experienced. Also, most of the stuff can be done with 1 person and a healer. A group of 5 is ideal, and more than enough to complete the earring questline. The wizard tokens can be done solo but are time gated at 3.5 months. Other than that you only need a group of 4-5 for aquamarines, and the frost guardian. Most tanks can solo 3-4 floor bosses on their own, and most dps can do the same but with a healer. The biggest issue I see is people find it easier to cry about the grind, rather than do it. We started out with a group of 6, 3 are done, and the other three just need a few wizard tokens. Find the right people who want to complete the quest.

Sethrina
03-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Its grindy, but not the worst I have ever experienced. Also, most of the stuff can be done with 1 person and a healer. A group of 5 is ideal, and more than enough to complete the earring questline. The wizard tokens can be done solo but are time gated at 3.5 months. Other than that you only need a group of 4-5 for aquamarines, and the frost guardian. Most tanks can solo 3-4 floor bosses on their own, and most dps can do the same but with a healer. The biggest issue I see is people find it easier to cry about the grind, rather than do it. We started out with a group of 6, 3 are done, and the other three just need a few wizard tokens. Find the right people who want to complete the quest.

Eh it's my first MMO, I'm stuck at the aquamarines 5/20 and working on the bounties. Because for some reason I stopped buying them when I was grinding out 55 in all skill sets. Because I am an idiot. Also a time gate of 3.5 months is not insignificant. (That said I have everything else essentially done or doable in <1 day. )

bklack
03-09-2016, 05:39 PM
@Celestrata: Since your last update at almost two months ago on here, I have made about five Divine Delphinad Volcano Bows and an Epic Delphinad Winter Shortspear. Please introduce some sort of system to procure Ayanad designs.
Honestly, the easiest solution would be to introduce a scrap system. Say 500 weapon/armour/accessory scraps at a 7%/9%/11% drop rate for the three levels of Library.
So you'd have to kill around 5000 mobs were design on average. It'd still make Ayanad designs rare but at least there'd be progress.

Sethrina
03-09-2016, 05:58 PM
@Celestrata: Since your last update at almost two months ago on here, I have made about five Divine Delphinad Volcano Bows and an Epic Delphinad Winter Shortspear. Please introduce some sort of system to procure Ayanad designs.
Honestly, the easiest solution would be to introduce a scrap system. Say 500 weapon/armour/accessory scraps at a 7%/9%/11% drop rate for the three levels of Library.
So you'd have to kill around 5000 mobs were design on average. It'd still make Ayanad designs rare but at least there'd be progress.

5000 mobs is nothing. I can kill 200 an hour solo, that's a design in 25 hours AKA 1 no lifed weekend. Change that to 3 people farming passing for 1 person, that's a design in a day.

adsfkor
03-09-2016, 08:09 PM
The current drop rate is trash. I killed over 70k mobs to get my design and I was extremely lucky that it dropped a Weaponsmithing Scroll tbh. Ayanad designs should be easier to obtain , with Obsidian T7 coming all those Divine/Epic delph upgradable weapons are going to be garbage. The best thing Trion can do atm is to add them in the Merit Shop , for ~800 badges each and make them BoP.

Kehveli
03-10-2016, 01:58 AM
I killed over 70k mobs to get my design...
That is just not comforting at all... Considering the actions Trion has taken so far, I'm really not holding my breath anymore regarding this matter..
So I've just kept on grinding lib. I've already killed a fair share of mobs, but nowhere near as much as that and the thought of having to keep going kinda makes me wanna quit now. This is just ridicculous.
Cmon Trion.

adsfkor
03-10-2016, 12:26 PM
That is just not comforting at all... Considering the actions Trion has taken so far, I'm really not holding my breath anymore regarding this matter..
So I've just kept on grinding lib. I've already killed a fair share of mobs, but nowhere near as much as that and the thought of having to keep going kinda makes me wanna quit now. This is just ridicculous.
Cmon Trion.

Yeap , exactly. We are the only region with this issue. I hope they will announce something on the Stream this week.

MCBOB
03-10-2016, 08:39 PM
My guess is we are gonna get a Heart of Ayanad fix at the same time we get a leviathan fix.

Zherbus
03-11-2016, 09:17 AM
My guess is that Ayanads being tradeable pushes this into a lower priority so that people keep getting stuck with nowhere to go but untradeable Obsidian to stay competitive.

Kehveli
03-12-2016, 03:01 AM
I watched the livestream... In the hopes of actually hearing some solution to this thing. Yeah, they mentioned it. Mentioned the problem and stated some obvious facts, but the solution? Yeah, scrap system. That was mentioned months ago already. But still just planning it? God, it can't be that hard can it?

Faddler
03-12-2016, 03:10 AM
I watched the livestream... In the hopes of actually hearing some solution to this thing. Yeah, they mentioned it. Mentioned the problem and stated some obvious facts, but the solution? Yeah, scrap system. That was mentioned months ago already. But still just planning it? God, it can't be that hard can it?

Seriously. The competitive average for servers like Kyrios is around epic T6 weapons. Everyone is running weapons better than delphinad, there is no reason to gate people from ayanad anymore.

MCBOB
03-12-2016, 12:09 PM

My take away from Kroholans comments on the stream linked below. Its seems like we could get a quick fix for Heart of Ayanad, but he is going to intentionally delay that fix until 2.9 due to T7

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?269239-Ayanad-Designs-One-mans-fault

adsfkor
03-12-2016, 04:51 PM
My take away from Kroholans comments on the stream linked below. Its seems like we could get a quick fix for Heart of Ayanad, but he is going to intentionally delay that fix until 2.9 due to T7

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?269239-Ayanad-Designs-One-mans-fault
It doesn't surprise me tbh. I would expect anything from Trion , hell they even gave a second chance to people that have been cheating for months. Instead of trying to keep their players from running to BDO , they only screw it up even more. First the terrible synthesis system of costumes , then the "Final Chance" for cheaters and now this joke about Ayanad Designs , ggwp.

Smit
03-12-2016, 05:01 PM
@Khrolan: Thank you for stating that it is your personal opinion that Ayanad scrolls should not be available via the Merit Badge market place like in KR/RU, I now know where to direct my ire. I challenge you to a debate on the subject. If the general populous thinks you sound like a bumbling idiot that does not have clear direction by the end of the debate, you must activate the Ayanad scrolls via the Market place @ next week's Market place reset (Friday). If you can produce a clear timeline with a concise plan, I will stop my vendetta on the forums calling out you and Celestrata.

In preparation for the debate, please look over
https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/4a4io5/punxsutawneykhrolan_saw_his_shadow/
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?269215-Khrolan-RegardiIng-Ayanad-scrap-system-veto

Smit
03-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Will this issue be discussed at all during the live stream of 3/18/2016?

Bumblefoot
03-18-2016, 08:00 AM
Yes so clever let's make this a 2002 dungeon grinder open instance and kill pvp while people fight over a limited amount of mobs to kill . We all loved hasla token sooooo much it's "fun" right? No one whos ever played archeage wants another hasla token grind method. The drop rate on ayanad scraps would be even worse. This guy stopping ayanad has no clue. Totally out of touch with mmo players in 2016 and what we want. You will make this game a PVE dungeon grinder to force us to spend more money on epic obsidian that is bound. Just grow a pair and admit this is to milk more money from us. There is no logical reason 9ther than this to change a system used in every other regions . No trick no traps right trion? Just be truthful and tell us its about money. I will np participate in any scrap system. If it means I fall behind I'll just move to new game. You won't make me rage for months in an open instanced dungeon

No pay? No win

Camcam
04-15-2016, 08:54 AM
I hope there is an update on this today..

Shakra
05-13-2016, 04:00 AM
Any news of ayanad scrap system ?

Darsy
05-13-2016, 04:02 AM
The scrap system is not needed anymore at all..

Archolic
05-14-2016, 08:40 AM
no news ?