PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Increase family size [RESOLVED]

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Description: The community has requested that the number of members of a family be increased above 8.

Update 12/2 -- Small update for this thread, the family size fix is completely confirmed to enter in the December Winter Maiden update.

Status: 11/2 -- XL has updated us to let us know that they will not be able to implement the increased family size in the November Update. They have delayed implementation of the 10 family size to our December Update.

XLGAMES has agreed to increase the family size to 10 with the November Update.

stupidgirl
10-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Can we make it at least 30-40, so players can have all their characters in the same family?

Tygarimew
10-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Yea, lets be honest, 10 isn't that big, some people have more alts then that.

Trymantha
10-28-2015, 09:24 PM
On the stream they said it was limited to 10 due to XL exploring the possibility of other family benefits etc

stupidgirl
10-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I got 50 alts, a large family would be amazing to have.

RivenCsky
10-29-2015, 12:01 AM
If XL does not want to increase the family size can they at least add a new feature on the chest menu that gives a guild the abilty to restrict access to chests by individual guild ranks?

Deathshades
10-29-2015, 06:28 AM
LMFAO 8 to 10 LMAO

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-29-2015, 08:30 AM
On the stream they said it was limited to 10 due to XL exploring the possibility of other family benefits etc

This is correct. XL really wants to keep it at 10 for now, because they have more ideas for the family structure for the future.

Eddrick
10-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Although not idea it is a move in the right direction and shows they are willing to give ground and negotiate. And better than them putting it higher and decided to lower it if they do the changes to family's later .

That being said would they perhaps consider giving properties and chest or atleast properties the option to set to family and guild at the same time . Between the 100 person guild cap and the family at 8 ( soon to be 10 ) it can cause issues for players who spun alts out of guildies or who's family went to other guilds to meet the cap .

Before the guild cap change if your family was to big you just set it for guild and hoped no one took Advantage now if there not in family and guild is near cap you are out of luck .

Gentatsu
10-29-2015, 12:19 PM
well, I would love to see a family size increase.. Originally it was stated by Khrolan in numerous previous Live twitch feeds that the family size was going to be increased to 12 when we got 2.0, then was suddenly droped off the list. Now we were told by Khrolan in a recent live twitch feed that family size is going to 10 in November.

I for 1 am skeptical and am not holding my breath. I shall believe it when i see it.

stupidgirl
10-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Ideally family would get access to everything owned by another family member, just like alts on the same account.

Nymeri
10-29-2015, 05:55 PM
if you set your things to guild and something gets taken the first defense is well you shouldn't trust everyone but with the family size restrictions some people have no options. this is not such as issue in KR as they only get the one acc but we can easily have as many as we want so it needs to be more than 10, 12-15 would be the minimum.

Deathdealer
10-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Think 10 is a good number too many people multbox with alt

Sil3x
10-30-2015, 05:34 AM
That's a good news, it's going in the good direction.

But one good solution would be to keep the size at 10, but to count 1 for each account, not each character, with that, it would be possible to play with friends and with all your char.

Focslain
10-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Honestly I'm against family increase to start. If you need more then 8 then make a bloody guild. If they want to increase it to 10 then add some extra options to make it a semi-mini guild then yeah, 10 max. Other then that make a guild for your alts.

mysticwolf
10-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Excited to see family cap raised. Any possibility of 12-15 people?

FunkyGrip
10-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Or could we not have the option of being in more than one family?

It would work something like this:

A is the head of the family, B, C, D, and E are family members and can use the properties / workbenches of all family members
C is also head of a family, F, G, H and I are family members and can use the properties / workbenches of all family members (but can't use those of A, B, D, or E as they are not in A's family)

So you could be head of your own family, but belong in other family groups too?

Tanyeka
10-30-2015, 09:07 PM
Not all family members are in the same guild or some are red so bigger family sizes would be helpfu.
More guild features that allow access to chest & land would be good for different ranks or groupings within a guild would also be helpful.

Daelle
10-31-2015, 02:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Trymantha

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata
This is correct. XL really wants to keep it at 10 for now, because they have more ideas for the family structure for the future.

Why not remove family size limit until they make the changes? At least then you would have a better idea of how many people require big families and could make your changes/updates based on the new info.

Dreezel
10-31-2015, 12:16 PM
Maybe a lill Offtopic but i would like to see the option in Houses For Family/Guild instead of Family or Guild

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Updated the thread to note that XL has delayed this change to the December Update.

Valfreya
11-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Updated the thread to note that XL has delayed this change to the December Update.

Was there a reason for the delay? It was noted we were getting 12 family slots with 2.0, that was pushed back and stated to be 10 w/ november update. Why the pushback? If you don't mind me asking?

Gentatsu
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM

heh, delayed again. hmmm, i detect that next time it will be droped off the update list yet again.

like i said before, pardon me if i dont hold my breath.

Focslain
11-03-2015, 09:59 AM
On a side note, if XL was designing changes to the family system anyway, might the delay be that they just want to do the changes in one update instead of multiple?

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Was there a reason for the delay? It was noted we were getting 12 family slots with 2.0, that was pushed back and stated to be 10 w/ november update. Why the pushback? If you don't mind me asking?

They were simply unable to implement it into this build, and have moved the feature out to a later time in order to appropriately change and test the change.

DaeSQuaLL
11-05-2015, 07:22 AM
8 to 10 is just a Little peace of Cake ...

Real working Familystructure implements "PAYED" Alts to hold Land and 2 more Slots is just a peace of sh... h nothing ...

3-4 payed Main Chars + payed Alts is the max. you can Support with a max. of 10 Chars in a Family

So ......... Thanks for nothing, and thx that u move that every month for no reason

Just my 2 Cents

PS. Bring Alliances to the Game, so u not must worry about what to do with the "Family Problem " , most Familys filled with Mainchars are just a Part of a Guild stay in a bigger Guild which represents a Alliance, if Guilds/Alliances do Endcontents like Castle Fights it can be still 70 Player max. , but its more easyer to Leave/Join a Alliance with a Guild then a Family

Vallie
11-07-2015, 03:52 AM
Would it be at all possible to make it where you can be in multiple families? Maybe 2? Or add an exception list or something to properties. I have an armor house but is set to guild meaning my friends and family not in guild but in my family can't use it. Maybe add an option to allow guild and family to farms and houses? Something? I agree 10 isn't very much. Even ppl in 1 family with 2 or 3 alts, that won't hold much.

Aserghui
11-07-2015, 11:27 AM
I got 50 alts, a large family would be amazing to have.

Stupidgirl, your 50 honor farming, alt bot accounts are in the same guild. Remember alt farming is only allowed if it doesnt become game breaking.

You do not deserve a 50 member family.

Mystriss
11-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Semi-related question @Celestrata: someone told me that sometime in the future characters in the same family could get married and have their children automate farming stuff. Is someone trolling me because that would be really neat for properties I hate traveling to :P

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Update 12/2 -- Small update for this thread, the family size fix is completely confirmed to enter in the December Winter Maiden update.

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:43 AM
As the fix for this issue is in, we're closing it as resolved.