PDA

View Full Version : Why did I leave?

Cakemiix
10-30-2015, 09:01 AM
I didn't tell you guys why I left Kyprosa, and Archeage as a whole.
I decided that maybe I should, since apparently people remember who I am and I feel bad leaving you guys on such a dry note.
I came to this decision when I was doing some pvp in Halcy after the event had finished, when this Darkrunner from West comes up and begins attacking me over and over. I completely aced him, but he managed to win because of his ridiculous 5K gearscore. He then proceeded to camp around the nui in stealth, waiting for me to leave and would persistently attack me every time I attempted to to proceed with fighting more people. After swearing literally once, I was chat banned.
First of all, why am I being chat banned for talking ♥♥♥♥ in a video game? I can understand cheating, or hacking, or spamming, or playing Enigmatist but talking ♥♥♥♥ to some scumbag who I could easily outplay but would constantly beat me because his wallet was bigger than mine? Talking ♥♥♥♥ was probably one of the only fun parts of this boring ♥♥♥ game.
It was at this moment that I realized that this game doesn't work as a fun party game to play with your friends or a competitive mmo that rewards the time you put in to it. Keep in mind, I have over 700 hours so I have some legitimate grounds to review the game on. There is always one dominant faction, the cancer that the server brings can easily scare away any new players, open world pvp is mostly just two giant groups of players running around the map accomplishing nothing until some dumb ♥♥♥ gets caught.
For every other "Competitive" game, there are so many techniques and opportunities for a great player to just whoop some ♥♥♥. In Archeage, you didnt really have those options and because this game wants to cater to the biggest audience possible to make the most money like Call of Duty, it looked like it was just going to stay that way.

And now you're probably all saying "But Cake! What about 5V5's! You can test how good you really are at PvP there"
Please let me explain.
5v5 has absolutely nothing to do with open world PvP. At most, you'll get three decent players and seven braindead players.

At most, Archeage was something just to play in the background while you talked to some friends, but even then it was probably too frustrating to ignore all the toxicity.
But that reminds me, I hoped that trion would realise that the root of toxicity is the game it's self it just wasn't fun to play unless you sunk a whole bunch of money in. So that's it. That's why I stopped playing. This post is probably gonna get a bunch of hate for me pointing out the flaws in the game, but hey, what can you do.

I hope you all understand. Thank you for providing me with the amazing experience that it was.
I have moved to Rangora. See ya on the flipside nerds.

Sladarius
10-30-2015, 09:24 AM
RIP on buddy.

The game isn't that p2w if you know what you're doing but someone who truly cashes will always have a huge general advantage over those who have put in over a years worth of effort.

Rangora looked like a godsend except for ♥♥♥♥ re-doing the dream ring (couldn't play without one now) and the fact that it was about who transferred their ♥♥♥♥/luck/previous server cashing into credits to cash on the new one.

StarBuxx
10-30-2015, 09:55 AM
No hate for cakemixx.

Best luck on the New Server. But give yourself a try and read all this Drama here. Would be some good stuff for a newspaper

DeaDei
10-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Talking ♥♥♥♥ was probably one of the only fun parts of this boring ♥♥♥ game.
finaly someone who understand me

Haxel0rd
11-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Good luck Cakemiix and all the best, always sad when some of the long term core players leave.
Hope to see you around one day again. Cheers, Haxelord.

Nicko
11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Your name sounds familiar.

Colt
11-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Rangora looked like a godsend except for ♥♥♥♥ re-doing the dream ring (couldn't play without one now) and the fact that it was about who transferred their ♥♥♥♥/luck/previous server cashing into credits to cash on the new one.

we are already almost at celestial dreamring level :D
I'm pretty sure if you liquidated your gear you could've been top 5 geared people here easily

Sladarius
11-05-2015, 02:49 AM
we are already almost at celestial dreamring level :D
I'm pretty sure if you liquidated your gear you could've been top 5 geared people here easily

I did 5 serpentis, 5 dahuta a day for the entire time I was pirate, I wouldn't do it again ever.