PDA

View Full Version : Best anti magic melee classes?

Maquiame
04-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for really good anti magic melee classes that have good spell survival?

VMBarbosa
04-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Archers can usually out range mages pretty easily thus picking them off from a safe distance. Very aggressive 2-Handed sword users also shred through mages like paper if they can get the initiation on them which is somewhat difficult since most of them now run Shadowplay with stealth.

Lucifer
04-14-2014, 10:17 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/view/828-anti_mage

Joesnuffy
04-14-2014, 01:46 PM
http://arche-base.com/builds/view/828-anti_mage

very similar to what I will be running

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/839-anti_mage

if you want more magic defense drop pain suppression from conjury and pick up rage from combat

Maquiame
04-15-2014, 10:21 AM
What would be the best armor for a build like this?

Braz
04-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Medium or Leather armor type are the best for this type of build. Since provide a good magic defense and bonus for ranged/melee attack.

Bubasparks
04-16-2014, 02:47 AM
the Fighter build in leather armor, if you will manage to land control on mage before he will do that to you, he will probably die or you can just endure few hard hitting skills from mage (since all they do is put you in stun or sleep and then use their hard hitting combo) and then finish him :) FIGHTER BUILD (http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.3.8/TjBv8pkvTbr)

Clavicula
04-16-2014, 04:56 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.8.2/HSTv8mxKwTq

that was my build in RU servers.
1v1 you have lots of CC. thats 90% win if you saw your enemy shortly after hi atacked. or you started fight from stealth
in mass pvp, you get in with 2 gap closer stuns,( Plunge from calling, or rush+triple blow from combat) or 1 realy big range gap closer (shadowstep from calling) kill any one with medium or light armor. use scream of fear from conjury + backflip and you most probably okay to wait reload and do it agein :)

Archaous
04-16-2014, 05:24 AM
Theres a channeled ability in the Auramancy (will) tree that creates an small AoE zone immune from magic attacks. you may be interested in that :)

Tekle
04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
I played heavy armored mage in ru version and can say most problems i had fighting calling+combat+necromancy cause he start first and i cant cast , only use my glider + its invulnerability skill to run. From necromancy this class use spears and silence.

No problems fighting archers or normal melee classes. But those ones... Hate them. :)

Of course if i start first he will die. But he use stealth... So it not so easy.

Theres a channeled ability in the Auramancy (will) tree that creates an small AoE zone immune from magic attacks. you may be interested in that

Useless skill - cause it channeled.

Bloodtau
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM
melee is just bad for pvp, full stop. It's a pve set up, good for doing dungeons.

Bakemono
04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
How is melee just bad for pvp?

Tekle
04-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Ok if we start to think so - than everyone who want be good in pvp must play mage. :)
Best way for any situation in pvp.

Tekle
04-16-2014, 01:42 PM

In group pvp and ship pvp melee classes are weakest. second place are archers and first mages. The key for victory is ranged damage per second + aoe damage.

I not include support classes.

Bloodtau
04-16-2014, 01:46 PM

because a mage can face roll you with no effort. Also in the bigger battles, get even in range for melee and you'll melt like ♥♥♥♥.

Bloodtau
04-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Ok if we start to think so - than everyone who want be good in pvp must play mage. :)
Best way for any situation in pvp.

That is Archeage for you. Guess you haven't been following the game long?

Tekle
04-16-2014, 01:49 PM
That is Archeage for you. Guess you haven't been following the game long?

What do u mean - long? I played 2 month in ru version started from first day of open beta preorder.
And what a problem for u? Are u archer? :)

Bloodtau
04-16-2014, 02:01 PM
What do u mean - long? I played 2 month in ru version started from first day of open beta preorder.
And what a problem for u? Are u archer? :)

Then you must know. be a mage in pvp of be severely handicapped.

Tekle
04-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Not really. I used heavy armor + will so had good protection with all damage types + skills from will to run in most situations when i going to die... It was really easy to pvp. Ok if i got solo with 2 or more than it going to be dangerous but 1x1 or group x group - i think great.

Bloodtau
04-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Not really. I used heavy armor + will so had good protection with all damage types + skills from will to run in most situations when i going to die... It was really easy to pvp. Ok if i got solo with 2 or more than it going to be dangerous but 1x1 or group x group - i think great.

heavy armour is even worse. No magic defense at all so mages melt you faster.

Tekle
04-16-2014, 08:06 PM
No magic defense at all so mages melt you faster.

Try to read posts before u answering. I told used will+heavy. Will = good mdef. Heavy = good pdef.