PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] When are server transfers coming? [UPDATED 1/13]

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 09:32 AM
1/13/16 Update -- As stated on the livestream, the server transfers have been pushed back due to a variety of issues. (The team is still working on the transfers, and we are working with XL on how restrictions may work, and the finer points of the system.) Currently, we do not have an estimated time for when the transfers will be completed. Once we have a better understanding of the timeframe, we will update this post.

Description: Many players are eager to know when server transfers will be coming to ArcheAge.

Status: Our Glyph Platform team is currently building the server transfer system, utilizing much of the UI and some of the technology you saw in action during the Update 2.0 transfers.

During Update 2.0, those transfers were handled manually by our platform group. This new service will be handled automatically by our systems, rather than be processed by a live person.

Server Transfers are currently scheduled to come, at the latest, by early next year.

Players on current servers will be unable to transfer to Morpheus and Rangora.
Players will be unable to transfer between regions. (NA to EU, EU to NA.)

SakuraCalleil
11-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Can you confirm if Rangora/Morph will be included as transfer targets?
Also, are you going to allow cross EU/US movement?

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Can you confirm if Rangora/Morph will be included as transfer targets?
Also, are you going to allow cross EU/US movement?

Main post has been updated.

Kniveslives
11-02-2015, 11:55 AM
What about transfers from low-pop to high-pop? I.e. Nazar to Ollo?

Malaw
11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
January - Februrary pheraps ?

Syluen
11-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Late november still possible?

EXGrieve
11-02-2015, 01:00 PM

Awesome, thanks.

Tammuz
11-02-2015, 01:18 PM
hopefully they get this up and running ASAP!

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Late november still possible?

Yep, still possible. Only gave the latest it could be done.

Bloodtau
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
This sub fourm really pushes home how much trion has no control on what goes on.

You already done transfers, do them like that, if its hard tuff players should not suffer for your bad management.

Transfers for the server which did not get merged better be free! why am i forced to sit on a roleplayer server which you forced onto me. ENOUGHT IS enough trion get your hands out fix your mess

Expendable
11-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Will transfers take lower population servers into consideration? Allowing hundreds of people to transfer to servers that are already high pop would just destroy the smaller servers.

Tammuz
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
low pop servers are already dead expendable, letting us transfer off of them to a high pop is what is needed to keep the game fun and interesting...

the whole point of server transfers is to allow people on low pop servers to join a more active, high population server!

Full Throttle
11-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Are there any limitations imposed on transfers? Will any of the transfers be analyzed by an actual person or program to see if they will kill or claim a server or will they just be pushed whenever someone buys/acquires a transfer scroll?

Some combination of Gear Score, hostile faction kills, pvp honor points, and average playtime could be calculated out on the transfers to see if it fits a current server. There are worries from the playerbase that transfers will allow mass migrations in order to claim and farm a underdeveloped (by comparison) server. Aka, some guild of 50-100 active pvpers with 4.5k+ gs mass transferring to an already stacked faction on another server, or a fairly balanced server will break the gameplay on that server significantly.

Focslain
11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Are there any limitations imposed on transfers? Will any of the transfers be analyzed by an actual person or program to see if they will kill or claim a server or will they just be pushed whenever someone buys/acquires a transfer scroll?

Some combination of Gear Score, hostile faction kills, pvp honor points, and average playtime could be calculated out on the transfers to see if it fits a current server. There are worries from the playerbase that transfers will allow mass migrations in order to claim and farm a underdeveloped (by comparison) server. Aka, some guild of 50-100 active pvpers with 4.5k+ gs mass transferring to an already stacked faction on another server, or a fairly balanced server will break the gameplay on that server significantly.

Actually some might want to transfer from a high pop to a low population to get breathing room. As for limitations it would be the same as the transfers during the merger. So no placed properties and no server specific items, so they can't have active hero status. Other then that I doubt there would be other restrictions and it would take more then a 100 person guild to completely disrupt a server.

As for server populations I will have to say at least on the NA side (the one i see all the time) that the servers are doing ok currently. Morpheous has not dropped from High since launch, all the EVO servers are High for most of the week. Of the legacy servers only Tahyang and Salphira are not High for more then half the week. In fact those two have only hit high status maybe three times since the merger?

So transfers should and most likely will be to and from any of the servers minus the fresh starts.

Careby
11-03-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm from Tahyang and I support open immigration to our lovely server.

Full Throttle
11-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Actually some might want to transfer from a high pop to a low population to get breathing room. As for limitations it would be the same as the transfers during the merger. So no placed properties and no server specific items, so they can't have active hero status. Other then that I doubt there would be other restrictions and it would take more then a 100 person guild to completely disrupt a server.

As for server populations I will have to say at least on the NA side (the one i see all the time) that the servers are doing ok currently. Morpheous has not dropped from High since launch, all the EVO servers are High for most of the week. Of the legacy servers only Tahyang and Salphira are not High for more then half the week. In fact those two have only hit high status maybe three times since the merger?

So transfers should and most likely will be to and from any of the servers minus the fresh starts.

Is the world still under the horribly wrong assumption that all transfers are created equal?

Focslain
11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Is the world still under the horribly wrong assumption that all transfers are created equal?

Well if they follow the same restrictions as the transfers during the merger... yeah. There is a limit to what you can take and that means a large amount of planning. On the point of GS, only ones worried about that are those that refuse to progress or those that don't want the competition. Either way a fresh enemy is good for the population, stirs the pot and keeps things interesting.

Babykin
11-03-2015, 12:48 PM
I want to state what I have stated in game many times , not every server suits every player.

Some players like less populated servers , some players want to run into a full raid of 5k gear score players every time they step on the sea. Some players just think the grass is greener on the other side.

At this point Trion understands they will need to watch people transferring , and if needed disable transfers to a server, but honestly I highly expect people to leave every server in various numbers and populations will likely end up about the same.

All trapping people on a server does is make them leave the game If they for whatever reason decide they don't like it. I can guarantee hundreds of players would still be subscribed to this game if when they decided they hated their server they could have just transferred.

I will also mention there are regional players outside NA that would like to transfer to play with their community , EU, BR, OCE, etc this will be really nice for those players who want to go play with people active in their hours.

A final note , If a specific server does ever end up low pop trion can do exactly what blizzard does and open free transfers to that server it actually works rather well.

Full Throttle
11-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Well if they follow the same restrictions as the transfers during the merger... yeah. There is a limit to what you can take and that means a large amount of planning. On the point of GS, only ones worried about that are those that refuse to progress or those that don't want the competition. Either way a fresh enemy is good for the population, stirs the pot and keeps things interesting.

That's not true at all. Progression isn't cheap or easy, and never ends. People progress to compete, and when it gets to the point where you're top competitor, you progress to stay on top. I can still have worries about power guilds transferring if it effects the avg GS on the server dramatically making my progression less valuable compared to the current struggles on the server.

A fresh enemy also isn't always good. Say your server is East dominant, and another East powerhouse transfers in and is allied with them. Your west is now lost. There is no coming back from the severe imbalance that transfers can cause as opposed to a naturally progressing server. Look at the mess on Nazar right now.

survivor36
11-03-2015, 03:25 PM
May I suggest a post of the current low and high population servers, so people who are on the low population can see which are the high population and help their decision on moving.

Kibachu
11-03-2015, 06:01 PM
May I suggest a post of the current low and high population servers, so people who are on the low population can see which are the high population and help their decision on moving.
^ Agreed as I currently have characters on a evo and legacy server I would like to have them on one but in deciding where to go it's a bit cumbersome, do I move my older toon to the evo or the other way around? What about a totally new (to me) server? A list of current population would be helpful in that deciding factor as scanning the forums of each server only gives a tiny glimpse of the current status of the servers.

Babykin
11-03-2015, 07:56 PM
^ Agreed as I currently have characters on a evo and legacy server I would like to have them on one but in deciding where to go it's a bit cumbersome, do I move my older toon to the evo or the other way around? What about a totally new (to me) server? A list of current population would be helpful in that deciding factor as scanning the forums of each server only gives a tiny glimpse of the current status of the servers.

Honestly I dont think the populations of servers should dictate where people transfer , in this case its probably information we dont need to know.
It just encourages people to transfer to the highest population server which is not necessarily the server you actually will enjoy playing on.

Just go to the server that you have the most fun on, and heck if your thinking of transferring to a new server i would recommend leveling an alt on there for a week just to see what it is like (although that can be hard to gauge on a low level alt)

Isteria
11-04-2015, 01:39 AM
Unless you want to go through another merge/land rush in a few months, the population of server should dictate your choice.

Babykin
11-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Unless you want to go through another merge/land rush in a few months, the population of server should dictate your choice.

Well that is assuming they never try the whole free transfers to low pop servers like other mmo's do it, I think the mergers had a lot to do with making the new fresh start servers. You could be right but I think they want to avoid doing future mergers if at all possible, another reason not to give players server population rankings to discourage people transferring to the lowest pop servers.

In general I would actually consider transferring to a low pop server if it was a free transfer, It may be quite appealing to entire guilds; But at this point that has never been mentioned so it may never happen. I do think its a more elegant solution than just merging the populations of two servers.

Mortalslayer
11-04-2015, 07:36 AM
pls hurry up .please :((((((((((((.ı want to paid tranfer

Focslain
11-04-2015, 07:51 AM
That's not true at all. Progression isn't cheap or easy, and never ends. People progress to compete, and when it gets to the point where you're top competitor, you progress to stay on top. I can still have worries about power guilds transferring if it effects the avg GS on the server dramatically making my progression less valuable compared to the current struggles on the server.

Not everyone progresses to compete, I personally set my own goals. I don't care that someone has a 6K gear score. I'd rather build a car from scratch or level up professions, or build an epic sword (which I sell or gift depending on my mood)

I will grant that there are those that do progress for competitiveness, but not everyone does.

A fresh enemy also isn't always good. Say your server is East dominant, and another East powerhouse transfers in and is allied with them. Your west is now lost. There is no coming back from the severe imbalance that transfers can cause as opposed to a naturally progressing server. Look at the mess on Nazar right now.

Also the reverse can be true, there are those that want the challenge of the underdog. Or a challenge in general (I saw that compliant all the time in faction chat), so would transfer from the powerhouse to underdog and that would actually help balance the server. It depends on the individual transferring to what they want. As stated by others that would transfer from a high to a low even though there are those that worry that some will transfer from low to high.

Full Throttle
11-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Not everyone progresses to compete, I personally set my own goals. I don't care that someone has a 6K gear score. I'd rather build a car from scratch or level up professions, or build an epic sword (which I sell or gift depending on my mood)

I will grant that there are those that do progress for competitiveness, but not everyone does.

Also the reverse can be true, there are those that want the challenge of the underdog. Or a challenge in general (I saw that compliant all the time in faction chat), so would transfer from the powerhouse to underdog and that would actually help balance the server. It depends on the individual transferring to what they want. As stated by others that would transfer from a high to a low even though there are those that worry that some will transfer from low to high.

I was speaking strictly of gear progression. And if you're dropping gold into epics because they're shiny you wouldn't fall into the category of tipping the scales in some direction for PVP on a server. That's why I suggested going through more than just GS alone.

Prowl3r
11-04-2015, 10:22 AM
I know u can't transfer to morpheus but can u transfer out of morpheus?

Focslain
11-04-2015, 10:44 AM
I was speaking strictly of gear progression. And if you're dropping gold into epics because they're shiny you wouldn't fall into the category of tipping the scales in some direction for PVP on a server. That's why I suggested going through more than just GS alone.

Ok, looking back you did state more then GS, so let's break this down:

During Update 2.0, those transfers were handled manually by our platform group. This new service will be handled automatically by our systems, rather than be processed by a live person.

So by the OP this is going to be an automated service, most likely to speed up the process since the character was locked during transfer during the merger. By automating it, it allows for the downtime to be dramatically less.

Honestly these numbers aren't a good indication of play style. Both a crafter/farmer and a purpling frak turd can have the same amount of GS, pvp honor points, hostiles faction kills and playtime.

This is true to someone who fights for just their guild or for their faction.

To determine if a character would be a 'good fit' for a server you don't look at the character, but the player. And that no program or interview even can fix if the player is set on a goal.

In the end, the reason for transfer and in the end, the decision to transfer is to be placed in the hands of the player. Which is what the automated system is set to do within limits.

I know u can't transfer to morpheus but can u transfer out of morpheus?

Interesting question....

Full Throttle
11-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Ok, looking back you did state more then GS, so let's break this down:

So by the OP this is going to be an automated service, most likely to speed up the process since the character was locked during transfer during the merger. By automating it, it allows for the downtime to be dramatically less.

Honestly these numbers aren't a good indication of play style. Both a crafter/farmer and a purpling frak turd can have the same amount of GS, pvp honor points, hostiles faction kills and playtime.

This is true to someone who fights for just their guild or for their faction.

To determine if a character would be a 'good fit' for a server you don't look at the character, but the player. And that no program or interview even can fix if the player is set on a goal.

In the end, the reason for transfer and in the end, the decision to transfer is to be placed in the hands of the player. Which is what the automated system is set to do within limits.

Interesting question....

I don't think you're weighing the implications of pvp honor and hostile faction kills into it. If a farmer has high pvp honor, gs, and hostile faction kills, he is active in the PVP portion of the server and is not just a farmer, same to the purpling ftard. My post wasn't meant as a political fit to a server, but a fit to the balance (or lack there of) on the server.

Also, a filter could be built into an automated system fairly easily. If you don't meet whatever variable range of the constructed ratings system for the server you're trying to transfer into is, you get put in a pool, when the pool meets the range it transfers. It could be accomplished by having people sign up for transfers, having the system run their numbers to see if they're eligible, then having them have to purchase the transfer ticket and go through with the rest of the transfer when standards are met. Keeps people from buying something they can't use, and ensures there aren't potential massive power swings across all servers whenever X guild decides to change the scenery.

Focslain
11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't think you're weighing the implications of pvp honor and hostile faction kills into it. If a farmer has high pvp honor, gs, and hostile faction kills, he is active in the PVP portion of the server and is not just a farmer, same to the purpling ftard. My post wasn't meant as a political fit to a server, but a fit to the balance (or lack there of) on the server.

Actually it was the fact they have a high, but rather a low. And to your next part...

Also, a filter could be built into an automated system fairly easily. If you don't meet whatever variable range of the constructed ratings system for the server you're trying to transfer into is, you get put in a pool, when the pool meets the range it transfers. It could be accomplished by having people sign up for transfers, having the system run their numbers to see if they're eligible, then having them have to purchase the transfer ticket and go through with the rest of the transfer when standards are met. Keeps people from buying something they can't use, and ensures there aren't potential massive power swings across all servers whenever X guild decides to change the scenery.

The issue here is when a player decides to change play styles but want to keep their prior progress. So a heavy pvper wants to move to a farming server to actually farm. Based on their prior actions it would seem that they are looking for easy targets, when in fact they are not, their looking to retire in a sense.

Same goes in reverse, a crafter wants to pvp, but their server is low on pvp, so they want to move to a more active server for that. Course that would weight to not using GS as a limiting factor, but that could also have kept pvp honour/hostile faction kills low as well.

So if we look at just the numbers, this would look like power imbalance instead of what it really is, a change in play style and scenery.

Siobhan
11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I am of the mind that when they finally allow transfers they shouldn't restrict anyone according to GS, play style, or faction, with the exception that if a server is horribly unbalanced toward one faction, that either it be locked to that faction or incentives for the other faction to transfer.

I know there are a lot of variables, but for once, I think everyone should have the same chance, no matter what they do or who they are. People are intelligent enough (yeah, ikr?) that they can look at a server and tell whether or not they are going to be unbalanced or if they have a population of trolls, or if it's an active community. I don't think Trion, XL, or anyone else should have to babysit anyone and say something idiotic like "Only those with _________ can transfer" any more than I think it should be based on who throws the most money into RNG boxes.

Focslain
11-04-2015, 11:47 AM
I am of the mind that when they finally allow transfers they shouldn't restrict anyone according to GS, play style, or faction, with the exception that if a server is horribly unbalanced toward one faction, that either it be locked to that faction or incentives for the other faction to transfer.

I know there are a lot of variables, but for once, I think everyone should have the same chance, no matter what they do or who they are. People are intelligent enough (yeah, ikr?) that they can look at a server and tell whether or not they are going to be unbalanced or if they have a population of trolls, or if it's an active community. I don't think Trion, XL, or anyone else should have to babysit anyone and say something idiotic like "Only those with _________ can transfer" any more than I think it should be based on who throws the most money into RNG boxes.

Right, but they have the ability to stop transfer based on race, we've seen this with the restriction to character creation. Same rules would apply.

Full Throttle
11-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Actually it was the fact they have a high, but rather a low. And to your next part...

The issue here is when a player decides to change play styles but want to keep their prior progress. So a heavy pvper wants to move to a farming server to actually farm. Based on their prior actions it would seem that they are looking for easy targets, when in fact they are not, their looking to retire in a sense.

Same goes in reverse, a crafter wants to pvp, but their server is low on pvp, so they want to move to a more active server for that. Course that would weight to not using GS as a limiting factor, but that could also have kept pvp honour/hostile faction kills low as well.

So if we look at just the numbers, this would look like power imbalance instead of what it really is, a change in play style and scenery.

That was why I included the possibility of a pool system. X people get included in a pool, and when the pool hits the quota, the transfer is approved. This allows people of all play styles to still be able to transfer, but keeps too many of one from zerging a server.

A soldier can retire on his own server, he just needs the land for it. Transferring doesn't negate his need for land, it probably makes it harder due to the potential losses incurred on transfer due to its current restrictions.

With the current populations, and certain almost perma war zones, a farmer can create pvp on his server. Kick around someones potatoes long enough and they'll start trying to murder you.

Focslain
11-04-2015, 01:56 PM
A soldier can retire on his own server, he just needs the land for it. Transferring doesn't negate his need for land, it probably makes it harder due to the potential losses incurred on transfer due to its current restrictions.

With the current populations, and certain almost perma war zones, a farmer can create pvp on his server. Kick around someones potatoes long enough and they'll start trying to murder you.

All viable dependent on the original server population.

That was why I included the possibility of a pool system. X people get included in a pool, and when the pool hits the quota, the transfer is approved. This allows people of all play styles to still be able to transfer, but keeps too many of one from zerging a server.

So a transfer would not take place until the pool is filled correct? Well how long will that take? How big is the pool?

One of the main reasons for making the transfer process automated is to speed the process up. The pool idea sounds like it slows it down.

As for the transfer scroll you make it purchase via cash or credits, but only charged after the transfer is complete, this way you can avoid the mis-purchase. Not sure this would be a tradeable item but more as a UI on the Glyph site.

romonster
11-04-2015, 02:02 PM
It seems like restrictions based on gear score, etc. would completely defeat the intent of allowing open transfers in the first place. The whole point is to give people the ability to choose for themselves; that's what will keep the player base happiest. No one is going to be happy to discover that the transfer they've been waiting to make isn't allowed.

The most sensible policy is to impose as few restrictions as they can. I'm sure Trion doesn't want to see constant queues on larger servers while smaller ones become completely depopulated. That situation would be frustrating for players and bad for the game's longevity. So I'd expect restrictions similar to the ones we see on character creation from time to time, and I'd expect they will change periodically as populations shift.

Full Throttle
11-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Small pools would be beneficial. Speed is great, but if it comes at the cost at potentially costing the game as a whole population and ghost towning some servers, slowing it down a bit so it can be done in a beneficial manner shouldn't be seen as a problem.

Focslain
11-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Small pools would be beneficial. Speed is great, but if it comes at the cost at potentially costing the game as a whole population and ghost towning some servers, slowing it down a bit so it can be done in a beneficial manner shouldn't be seen as a problem.

As long as a majority of the player base agrees with the change I logically can't find fault in it.

That being said I will add this one last bit:

Hold onto your idea and refine it (I'll gladly take a few more shots at it if you want), because later they may look for a change. However the transfer policy is already set, the OP was about the timing of the system opening up, not the rules for which it will follow.

If I were you I would prepare for an invasion, but hope for a savior. Good luck.

Tammuz
11-08-2015, 04:10 PM

prohibiting large guilds and high gear scored people from transferring would be completely inappropriate!

the whole point of server transfers is to shake up stale or dead PVP environments, and most people who care about pvp would welcome the competition!

I anticipate that large PvP guilds and high gear score pvpers will be the ones MOST likely to take advantage of server transfers as it should be.

Tammuz
11-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Some servers ARE already ghost towns with people just logging in day after day eagerly awaiting the chance to transfer off of these servers. Even the guild that is at the TOP of my server is basically just farming stuff to get ready to transfer to a more populated server.

As noted numerous times before in this post, people transferring on to a large server are already at a MASSIVE disadvantage where land is concerned. Attempting to impose further restrictions will just defeat the purpose of the transfer.

On the contrary to your concerns: I fully expect that large PVP guilds and high gear score players will be the ones most likely to take advantage of this transfer process because they are the ones most likely to survive the transfer process. Where as less established players are condemned to an endless search for land or to try and compete for resources.

Lack of a full, open, transfer process soon will completely kill the game in terms of longevity. Any restrictions on a player transferring due to gear score, play style, guild, etc, is an absolute no-no!

Mystriss
11-09-2015, 04:10 PM
prohibiting large guilds and high gear scored people from transferring would be completely inappropriate!

the whole point of server transfers is to shake up stale or dead PVP environments, and most people who care about pvp would welcome the competition!

I anticipate that large PvP guilds and high gear score pvpers will be the ones MOST likely to take advantage of server transfers as it should be.

I have to agree with this, seems a lot of folks ended up on my server not realizing it was the unofficial (now official) RP server. The majority of those folks have dealt with that misunderstanding very gracefully and I think they deserve to be able to transfer and find the hard-core PvP they were originally looking for - and in some cases, it would help the RP community as well since /some/ of those folks have made it their mission to hate on RP'ers in retaliation, which is certainly no good for the RP'ers.

As it stands now, there's a pretty active RP community, but you'll have a ♥♥♥♥♥ of a time finding any because they were all forced into hiding. When the server was unofficial it was kind of a "well that sucks" and the RPer's just dealt with it, but now that it's officially an RP server, it'd be nice to have some GM support of the RP community as a whole - not that I see /that/ happening anytime soon...

*Or to be completely honest, that I'm even RP'ing myself. (I'm just a house decorator and the support team for my husband; who is loving everything heh)

Full Throttle
11-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Some servers ARE already ghost towns with people just logging in day after day eagerly awaiting the chance to transfer off of these servers. Even the guild that is at the TOP of my server is basically just farming stuff to get ready to transfer to a more populated server.

As noted numerous times before in this post, people transferring on to a large server are already at a MASSIVE disadvantage where land is concerned. Attempting to impose further restrictions will just defeat the purpose of the transfer.

On the contrary to your concerns: I fully expect that large PVP guilds and high gear score players will be the ones most likely to take advantage of this transfer process because they are the ones most likely to survive the transfer process. Where as less established players are condemned to an endless search for land or to try and compete for resources.

Lack of a full, open, transfer process soon will completely kill the game in terms of longevity. Any restrictions on a player transferring due to gear score, play style, guild, etc, is an absolute no-no!

The idea isn't to stop that from happening as a whole. The idea is to keep a transfer balanced. Allowing full transfers without any restriction or attempt at balances is not a solution to the games problems. You say people are at a disadvantage for land, but anyone contemplating transfers seriously would be prepared for that. There is no disadvantage when you bring the gold with you to buy the plots you want/need. Yes you may only get 1/2 of what you wanted, but there are always people selling land. BUT WHERE DOES THIS MONEY COME FROM???? you sell the land you already have on your server. It may not net what you end up paying out, but it's a start. Anyone who holds onto their land until the day they transfer is an idiot and deserves their loss.

You say you want power geared pvp guilds to come to your server and that nothing bad can come of it. I look forward to seeing if you transfer off after this happens to your server and you're stuck with nothing in endgame content for a few months. If you're currently experiencing this and hoping for a savior, then you're playing the game wrong.

Tammuz
11-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Would love for a power geared pvp guild to come to our server... right now we are literally farming all the end game content with nothing to do as our guild alliance is completely dominant on the server... we even built the EU/NA first enoan galeon yesterday...

but because this is unlikely to happen as i am on a server that is low pop and got arbitrarily classified as "RP" by the management team some 9 months after we rolled characters on the server, I will have to settle for transfering off of our server in search of competition.

if it makes you feel better, i am already giving up my private island with its mansion, crafting manor, 2 gazebo farms and 6 pumpkin farms as part of the price to obtain some decent pvp...

saying that I should have to pay an even further penalty or be restricted just for having the bad luck to choose the wrong server at the start of the game before the management team arbitrarily decided to make it an 'RP' server, is absolutely ridiculous! We have spent months woth no competition on this desolate low pop server only to find out that when the hope of mergers came about we were going to be classified as an 'official RP server' and 'not be considered a candidate for evolution' why should I or my guild be even further punished just for having the bad luck to pick the wrong server when the game launched?!

if it makes you feel better, we are pirate faction (about the only active one in EU AFAIK) and therefore are REALLY unlikely to mess up any servers faction ballance when we transfer.

Babykin
11-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Please keep in mind , trion can offer free or cheaper transfers to low pop servers\factions

This can actually be a positive change for balance\population.

Dont forget there are people on some of the higher pop server that don't want to be there too and will transfer to lower pop servers. I don't think we need to worry too much about balance not everyone is going to want to spend $20 to abandon their land \ guild rank \ prestige \ alts just to try a new server, it will be a minority of players. Especially the geared players who probably have a good high level guild, lots of land and world bosses on farm are not going to want to abandon their server.

erevos
11-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Would love for a power geared pvp guild to come to our server... right now we are literally farming all the end game content with nothing to do as our guild alliance is completely dominant on the server....
im sure you dont farm ALL end game content .
u cant farm RED DRAGON !! :)

chocobo
11-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Description: Many players are eager to know when server transfers will be coming to ArcheAge.

Status: Our Glyph Platform team is currently building the server transfer system, utilizing much of the UI and some of the technology you saw in action during the Update 2.0 transfers.

Server Transfers are currently scheduled to come, at the latest, by early next year.

Things have been said about transfers on various streams, like server transfers not being open to all servers and not only morph/rangora will end up being restricted. An update in this post on all that would be nice.

Saywana
11-11-2015, 10:05 AM
.. right now we are literally farming all the end game content with nothing to do as our guild alliance is completely dominant on the server...
You don't see the problem/ btw solution ?

Does NA/EU alt characters count in server population ? Because this is actually a problem, too many farmers accounts for only a few pvpers...

A server may be eligible to transfer or not, base on active/main account not alt or second one,

Focslain
11-11-2015, 11:07 AM

Does NA/EU alt characters count in server population ? Because this is actually a problem, too many farmers accounts for only a few pvpers...

A server may be eligible to transfer or not, base on active/main account not alt or second one,

Alts do count as part of the population, as stated by Amary in the last Q&A livestream. the active populations of the servers are within 2% of eachother. The issue on the 'disbalanced' ones is that one faction goes to events more then the other. She gave Halycona on Morpheus as an example.

So the disbalncing isn't a issue of active population not logging in, but of the players just not wanting to go to the events. And that is a community issue, not a game issue.

RGenesis
11-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Description:

But, can we transfer FROM Rangora to any of current servers?

Babykin
11-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Alts do count as part of the population, as stated by Amary in the last Q&A livestream. the active populations of the servers are within 2% of eachother. The issue on the 'disbalanced' ones is that one faction goes to events more then the other. She gave Halycona on Morpheus as an example.

So the disbalncing isn't a issue of active population not logging in, but of the players just not wanting to go to the events. And that is a community issue, not a game issue.

Pretty much , kyrios is one of the more active servers but 50 people on each side of any world boss is about max atm , generally 50 pirates vs 50 whoever else will come atm.

Every server has a active population but a lot of people play this game for things other than end game pvp\pve content.

Right now I think the only delay is getting this implemented to the website in a nice way where we can give money.

While we discuss numbers, as always trion has indicated they have a pretty good grasp on numbers and if a faction or server ever gets in trouble, cheaper or free transfers could be made available (it works pretty decent too).

If a server ever did qualify for free transfers I would be very tempted , It's like keep your gear and be on a fresh start server, I have too much land to abandon but sounds fun to me,.

Full Throttle
11-11-2015, 02:26 PM

That's a incorrect way to look at it. People showing up to events doesn't swing the event, the quality of people swing the event. You can throw an extra 100 3k gs in an event on both sides and that doesn't make it interesting or better. Those 100 will just get chewed through relentlessly by the actual pvpers that go to them reliably. The issue again isn't about straight numbers, this game is never about straight numbers. Thus why multiple things need to be taken into account when assessing a population and allowing transfers. EDIT: as an example, for the first ocleera rift on Nazar, a 7 player group from an east guild chewed up a 30 person red pug raid, and they are not the most powerful guild on the server. Straight numbers are a garbage analytics in terms of event/server health.

Interestingly enough, you say your guild alliance controls the server. If you really want competition and are afraid of not getting it with transfers, sever your alliance with whomever it is and bring back competition. Otherwise you're liable to just end up on another server, making another alliance, and complaining when you have the farm again. Competing for content doesn't mean you can't still be friendly.

sukahxd
11-11-2015, 04:21 PM
I can transfer my char on morpheus to a old server like salphira ?

chocobo
11-11-2015, 04:29 PM

Lol I call BS on servers being within 2% of eachother. You're gonna tell me that the difference between morph always being on high and salphira/tahyang almost never being high is a mere 2% difference? Yeah ok. About ATLEAST 10%-20% of the population on salphira has either rerolled to morpheus or kyrios since those merges/new servers. Entire guilds disappeared, guilds became smaller, and ik for a fact that it wasn't that bad at all on all other servers. But see, most these people that rerolled still log in frequently enough to be considered part of the population.

If they want to properly measure a servers activity levels then they should consider using something like the leadership system to do so, yea alts can still get leadership but depending on what threshold they went with, those people that log in once every 2-4 weeks more than likely wont be on that list.

Sure there's issues of some servers having more activity with events and bosses etc but saying the servers' active population is within 2% of each other is bs.

Tammuz
11-11-2015, 08:25 PM

this "alliance" fields usually 30-40 people online at a time for most primetime events. 50 on a weekend.

there is content in the game that can require this many people to complete if not more (leviathan takes 100+ etc), telling us that the solution for pvp on our server is to break up our 2 guild alliance (honestly we could fit into one guild and probably will on transfer) isnt right if it means that we now have too few people to do much of the endgame content or bosses required for advancement.

the fact that we are able to be so dominant with less than a full raid group of people on our server should show you how underpopulated and in desperate need of transfers it really is!

this "server pop is within 2% of one another" statement also is very troubling since all the active players know how inaccurate it is! it suggests a major flaw in their population data collection methods with regards to the current active playerbase and makes one wonder what other key stats they have incorrect information on regarding their playerbase and servers.

Longrod Von Hugendong
11-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but would it be possible to offer an incentive for people to transfer to Kraken east or other servers suffering from huge faction imbalance issues? West out numbers east on Kraken so badly we have literally 0 chance of winning any pvp related events, until recently we were able to win MM sometimes by rushing spires in the last 2 minutes, but west realized they could just sit a couple raids on the spires near the end to block us and 20 people running into 80 generally doesn't end well.

Think of it as an investment to offer free transfers from a server with a high east/west population to a server with a low east/west population to even it out. The sooner the better because more people are quitting every day and soon you will lose a large portion of paying customers and be left with completely 1 sided servers that will get bored and quit too with absolutely no opposing faction. The sooner you do something like this the easier it will be to fix imbalance issues on all of the servers effected. You should offer something as an incentive to transfer that is substantial, but bound and will not stay with a character/account if they transfer to a different server later on to avoid people doing it just to get whatever the incentive is with the intention of transferring back to their server. I have no thoughts on what the incentive should be though.

Just a though, pass it on to XL.

KRAANIMAL
11-12-2015, 10:44 AM
ANY Update on schedule or is the whole team focusing on bringing out new RNG boxes .... ??????????????????????

Aros
11-12-2015, 10:50 AM
For my friends on Dahuta
Here are my thoughts.

No needs to make any plans before we know the exact details of Server transfers.
Depending on if we can transfer freely between all servers it would make sense to have all competetive guilds choose Kyprosa or Eanna, for best quality action.
If server transfers are only allowed to low pop servers, it could be a good idea if we all agree upon one server and make it our mass exodus for the best quality PvP server.

But for now, we can only wait.

Focslain
11-12-2015, 01:16 PM
this "alliance" fields usually 30-40 people online at a time for most primetime events. 50 on a weekend.

there is content in the game that can require this many people to complete if not more (leviathan takes 100+ etc), telling us that the solution for pvp on our server is to break up our 2 guild alliance (honestly we could fit into one guild and probably will on transfer) isnt right if it means that we now have too few people to do much of the endgame content or bosses required for advancement.

the fact that we are able to be so dominant with less than a full raid group of people on our server should show you how underpopulated and in desperate need of transfers it really is!

this "server pop is within 2% of one another" statement also is very troubling since all the active players know how inaccurate it is! it suggests a major flaw in their population data collection methods with regards to the current active playerbase and makes one wonder what other key stats they have incorrect information on regarding their playerbase and servers.

I can understand this logic, on both sides.

Based on the numbers Trion is seeing the active populations are pretty close, but they do see a dis-balance when it comes to attendence of events as you pointed out (this is discussed at time point 1:43:00 in the 11/6 livestream). But as stated, they can't force people to attend events. If the factions have a dis-balanced population they will restrict character creation and it wouldn't be too far to place that restriction on the transfers (I think, depends on have the transfer tool works).

So the servers have the base population, just not a willing population. And that is a player issue, not a game issue.

Full Throttle
11-13-2015, 09:05 AM
I can understand this logic, on both sides.

Based on the numbers Trion is seeing the active populations are pretty close, but they do see a dis-balance when it comes to attendence of events as you pointed out (this is discussed at time point 1:43:00 in the 11/6 livestream). But as stated, they can't force people to attend events. If the factions have a dis-balanced population they will restrict character creation and it wouldn't be too far to place that restriction on the transfers (I think, depends on have the transfer tool works).

So the servers have the base population, just not a willing population. And that is a player issue, not a game issue.

They're probably using the same population metrics that told them less than 1% of the active server populations chose to transfer last time. Doing the math out from known transfers out of Ezi+Lucius pre merge, that would mean Nazar has an active population of 30K+ players. Their definition of Active needs to be tinkered with. Going by the same definitions that caused some large scale imbalances in certain evo servers is definitely not a good idea. I'll liken it to the Auroria land grab mess of putting everything out at once... Then doing the same after the merge and having the same/worse issues with the logins. Doing the same bad action will give you the same bad result.

Focslain
11-13-2015, 11:19 AM
They're probably using the same population metrics that told them less than 1% of the active server populations chose to transfer last time. Doing the math out from known transfers out of Ezi+Lucius pre merge, that would mean Nazar has an active population of 30K+ players. Their definition of Active needs to be tinkered with. Going by the same definitions that caused some large scale imbalances in certain evo servers is definitely not a good idea. I'll liken it to the Auroria land grab mess of putting everything out at once... Then doing the same after the merge and having the same/worse issues with the logins. Doing the same bad action will give you the same bad result.

Well there is something that could give them better readings, but it's impossible to do in our version. And there is nothing Trion can do about it either.

Remember that they are using tools developed by XL for use in AA. Given this it means that it runs on the variables for the KR version which is our first major flaw.

So if they are monitoring active logins to determine population balance, a number that can be falsified by players so easily, then yes there is an issue.

Using participation in events is still a corruptible variable, but harder to do. The main issue is that we need a more refined tool to monitor activity. But either way what ever system they have, if XL designs the tools based on their original version then it is flawed to near uselessness due to our freedoms in the NA/EU version.

It breaks down to they need a way to tell the active players in the population, instead of the number of active characters in the population.

If they can do that, then we can get a more accurate number. It won't be fool proof, but at least it will be better then what we have now.

romonster
11-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Lol I call BS on servers being within 2% of eachother. You're gonna tell me that the difference between morph always being on high and salphira/tahyang almost never being high is a mere 2% difference?
No, that's not what they meant when they said populations were within 2%. That figure refers to the faction balance between East and West on the same server. It has nothing to do with the relative populations of different servers.

Bloodtau
11-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Please allow Dahuta to manual transfer off thier server i did not fing choose to be on a god dam role play server till trion ramed it down my throat. At least have the decency for people to move away.

But this will be 100% to much to ask of trion they too busy planning more cash shop live streams than lisening to the players they are putting threw pure hell.

chocobo
11-14-2015, 03:59 AM
No, that's not what they meant when they said populations were within 2%. That figure refers to the faction balance between East and West on the same server. It has nothing to do with the relative populations of different servers.

That makes more sense altho I still doubt it's such a small margin. If you take salphira, more and more people reroll from west to east by the day, but I'm pretty sure those chars on the west still get taken into the equation. I'd find 5-15% more accurate over a mere 2%. Defo if we're talking all servers.

Shirogame
11-14-2015, 04:24 AM
Please allow Dahuta to manual transfer off thier server i did not fing choose to be on a god dam role play server till trion ramed it down my throat. At least have the decency for people to move away.

But this will be 100% to much to ask of trion they too busy planning more cash shop live streams than lisening to the players they are putting threw pure hell.

Dahuta is perfectly fine population wise, everyone just went to the Pirate side, that's where the action is. No need to get aggressive over this really.

KRAANIMAL
11-15-2015, 05:46 AM
"Everyone just went to Pirate side". Just wanted to correct this:

We have around 130 members in the pirate faction, we usually have 35-50 people in the raids for events so I'm guessing out of those 130 members, around half are active.

There are only fights if IRON / The Fallen have the balls to show up.

Full Throttle
11-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Well there is something that could give them better readings, but it's impossible to do in our version. And there is nothing Trion can do about it either.

Remember that they are using tools developed by XL for use in AA. Given this it means that it runs on the variables for the KR version which is our first major flaw.

So if they are monitoring active logins to determine population balance, a number that can be falsified by players so easily, then yes there is an issue.

Using participation in events is still a corruptible variable, but harder to do. The main issue is that we need a more refined tool to monitor activity. But either way what ever system they have, if XL designs the tools based on their original version then it is flawed to near uselessness due to our freedoms in the NA/EU version.

It breaks down to they need a way to tell the active players in the population, instead of the number of active characters in the population.

If they can do that, then we can get a more accurate number. It won't be fool proof, but at least it will be better then what we have now.

That was my general idea by having a "active population count" determined by the factors in my first post. Given the new hero system, you could also add leadership into this as leadership shows you clearly play the game way too much, and also adds another indicator of how active you are in the PVP world as you're not hitting super high leadership without the pvp obtained points.

I can agree that the potential problem is that they're using an XL tool that isn't up to the task, but I don't agree that they're stuck with it. It couldn't possibly be that hard to pull numbers from the DB and crunch them on an account basis. It's not like they don't know where in their systems the player stats are stored. All they need is to pick a set of stats to base it off, designate a weight to each stat, come up with the end number given the weights, find the median range and dismiss anything under it as not counting toward active pop.

LonelyPengoo
11-17-2015, 10:14 AM

Oh....does this mean we'll have a rollback everytime someone transfers a server????

Ajaness
11-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Oh....does this mean we'll have a rollback everytime someone transfers a server????

2.0 Transfers went off a day before the rollback and were unrelated. I for one wouldn't care, the sooner I'm saved from Kyrios the better.

crack
11-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Wtb server transfers

Full Throttle
11-18-2015, 02:05 PM
@celes, could we get an update on how it's looking from the dev side for a timeline? I'm guessing due to the lack of update since 11/2 late November is no longer a realistic push.

KRAANIMAL
11-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Did someone think late november was really an option? they just want to CPR the game and keep it somewhat alive with false hopes and straight up lies..

SkullMonkey
11-19-2015, 12:25 AM

Not worth it. I have toons on both Ollo and Nazar and Nazar has a higher population. All that needs to happen is have like 100-200 active ppl transfer into east to make it really balanced on Nazar.

Archaelin
11-19-2015, 06:48 AM
Not worth it. I have toons on both Ollo and Nazar and Nazar has a higher population. All that needs to happen is have like 100-200 active ppl transfer into east to make it really balanced on Nazar.

^ This (as long as a decent chunk of them "actively pvp")

Babykin
11-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Transfers

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/dd/3e/7add3e1aebd48df6ae20a0b1c4f006ec.jpg

Apparently not even worth a mention

Confirmed 2016 ....... maybe

KRAANIMAL
11-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Nice communicating with your community Celestrata.

Really, a job well done.

JK

Babykin
11-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Nice communicating with your community Celestrata.

Really, a job well done.

They dont want to talk about transfers for whatever reason, one would expect a simple "its still in the works" but we didnt even get that and that sure is not a good sign .

Pr doing their job not mentioning the things players want but are not coming any time soon

PooperJackson
11-20-2015, 04:11 PM
No mention of transfers on latest live stream.. VERY bad news.. at this point im not expecting it til feburary or later..

crack
11-24-2015, 07:46 AM
please sell archeage to a better company!

Archaelin
11-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Look, there is no new news. She gave a worst-case scenario for you all. Just plan on that and if it comes sooner, than awesome! The last thing she or anyone there wants to do is to tell you it will be in 2 weeks or something and then miss the deadline or have things go wrong. The info is there, it's just "worst case", so plan accordingly.

Full Throttle
11-25-2015, 09:59 AM
Look, there is no new news. She gave a worst-case scenario for you all. Just plan on that and if it comes sooner, than awesome! The last thing she or anyone there wants to do is to tell you it will be in 2 weeks or something and then miss the deadline or have things go wrong. The info is there, it's just "worst case", so plan accordingly.

I get that, it's not a matter a 2 week notification. It would just be nice to hear an update that, yes it's still being worked on, yes we're still targeting this time. Instead of what it looks like as... whatever we forgot about it and it's not a top priority so we don't mention it in our own part of the forum, or in our livestreams.

KRAANIMAL
11-26-2015, 03:34 PM
i tried to ask in the other topic but unsurprisingly no reply, so lets try here: does beginning of year mean january 1st for trion? or maybe march 31st? would be nice to know what trion considers as yearly next year.

Poopsidaisy
11-27-2015, 01:58 PM
any updates? :( i feel like this should be at the top of trino's todo list as it makes people able to enjoy their game...AA is only fun if you have someone to play with :(

Siobhan
11-27-2015, 06:20 PM
(crickets)

Tammuz
11-27-2015, 10:22 PM
really needs to be priority #1... game not really enjoyable on dead server

crack
11-28-2015, 02:25 PM
we dont need more RP stuff

just work on the doge damn servers

KRAANIMAL
11-28-2015, 06:26 PM
yo i was looking for some cheesy quotes for my instagram pictures and this one popped out, thought it fits trion and transfers (and other info they are keeping from us)

http://www.loveoflifequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/If-you-tell-me-the-truth.png

Full Throttle
11-30-2015, 02:28 PM
yo i was looking for some cheesy quotes for my instagram pictures and this one popped out, thought it fits trion and transfers (and other info they are keeping from us)

http://www.loveoflifequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/If-you-tell-me-the-truth.png

Go back to instagram. Already been lied to multiple times.

KRAANIMAL
12-02-2015, 10:18 AM
One month to "Early next year".

https://adrianhoran.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/afa2a-update.gif

Archaelin
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM
So still only getting the worst case scenario option? No news at all?

deinemuse
12-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Hoping for an update soon too.

Piratebay
12-03-2015, 10:10 AM

28 more days to early next year

Pancakes
12-03-2015, 04:14 PM
This just in early next year means only 4 more months to go boys!

Weeeeeeee

Full Throttle
12-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Makes own section of forum to keep the playerbase updated on fixes due to their requests that are coming out........ Doesn't update forum.

KRAANIMAL
12-07-2015, 04:24 AM
@Celestrata, if the planned transfer date (according to your latest stream) is in one month (or less), when are you going to give us the exact details, such as cost, restrictions and other info people need to plan their future with Your game.

Ajaness
12-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Xfers before Xmas, Please? D:

Malicent
12-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Xfers before Xmas, Please? D:

Nah, early next year. And honestly, that could be March or April (still technically early in the year). Don't hold your breath for anything too soon.

KRAANIMAL
12-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Nah, they said early January next year. 3 weeks to go and no info.

This is getting ridiculous. I guess there are more important matters for Trion to work on right now (market place ♥♥♥♥).

KRAANIMAL
12-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Transfer target date pushed back AGAIN - @Live stream
October-November livestream: target end of November for transfers
November/early december livestreams: target early January
Latest stream (11 Dec): target late January

Anyone see a pattern here?

When does Trion realize that this should be a top priority feature to allow people to enjoy the game longer. I guess some people just want to watch the game burn and die.

Ajaness
12-14-2015, 12:31 AM
I would legit pay $100 to transfer early at this point. Trion should do another transfer thing like at at mergers if they have to keep pushing it back. Or at least see if someone working on it would be able / willing to stop by and keep us relatively updated on whats going on.

KRAANIMAL
12-17-2015, 06:15 PM
YQHsXMglC9A

KRAANIMAL
12-21-2015, 08:20 PM
u

p

d

a

t

e

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Bloodtau
12-22-2015, 06:21 AM
why the hell is this a publisher request, when you clearly said the issue is with your own teams implementation. :mad::mad:

Sumika
12-22-2015, 02:47 PM
why the hell is this a publisher request, when you clearly said the issue is with your own teams implementation. :mad::mad:

exactly

makes no sense

Axho
12-22-2015, 02:54 PM
@Celestrata... To avoid servers imploding will Trion be limiting the amount of people that could transfer off an individual server? eg; If 500 people want to xfer away from Salphira, this will cripple the server and be a ghost town.. How will you handle this if this occurs? Will there be limitations on servers to only allow X amount to transfer away from their existing server to ensure a healthy population remains?

ElVEnom
12-22-2015, 05:23 PM
I was really REALLY hoping to be able to transfer to Morpheus. I was playing Kyrios but then the server lost population so now im really looking to join Morpheus. World PvP is the main reason why I choose to play ArcheAge and if I cant people to battle with im very disappointed. Looks like im gonna HAVE to start a NEW character on Morpheus. Sucks.....

Tammuz
12-22-2015, 05:38 PM
@Celestrata... To avoid servers imploding will Trion be limiting the amount of people that could transfer off an individual server? eg; If 500 people want to xfer away from Salphira, this will cripple the server and be a ghost town.. How will you handle this if this occurs? Will there be limitations on servers to only allow X amount to transfer away from their existing server to ensure a healthy population remains?

terrible idea... forcing people to stay on a ghost town server adds nothing to the game! if 500 people want to transfer away from Salphira then trion needs to let them, and when salphira becomes a ghost town consider a merger... or just leave it as a farming community...

on dahuta we have been waiting a year for transfers and suffering from mass underpopulation... please let us have our turn to enjoy the game!

Pancakes
12-22-2015, 10:24 PM
I was really REALLY hoping to be able to transfer to Morpheus. I was playing Kyrios but then the server lost population so now im really looking to join Morpheus. World PvP is the main reason why I choose to play ArcheAge and if I cant people to battle with im very disappointed. Looks like im gonna HAVE to start a NEW character on Morpheus. Sucks.....

When server transfers come out everyone will go to Kyrios, so pop should jump up quite a bit.

Akaii
12-23-2015, 02:52 AM
How much will the transfers actually cost? D:

Ajaness
12-23-2015, 06:56 AM
How much will the transfers actually cost? D:

They said in a livestream they wanted to do it credit based so anyone can do it with apex, i'd assume 2 apex for a transfer. Then again they also said late November. Who knows.

KRAANIMAL
12-23-2015, 10:50 AM
lmao this is a joke

inb4 target date is pushed all the way back to "sometime end of 2016" and eventually "soz guys we can't handle the coding, no transfers"

gg wp trino

Tammuz
12-25-2015, 10:32 PM
As we aproach the expected January timeframe for our awaited transfers, now would be a great time to update us on the specifics:

What date are transfers planned on transfers being available?
Any changes from restrictions during the evolution process or are rules the same?
How much will it cost?
Is it a per character transfer or do all characters on the account transfer from one server to another?
Cooldown on server transfers?

Full Throttle
12-28-2015, 01:14 PM
As we aproach the expected January timeframe for our awaited transfers, now would be a great time to update us on the specifics:

What date are transfers planned on transfers being available?
Any changes from restrictions during the evolution process or are rules the same?
How much will it cost?
Is it a per character transfer or do all characters on the account transfer from one server to another?
Cooldown on server transfers?

I can answer 1 of those. It will definitely be 1 character per paid transfer. Trion is concerned that your wallet is too fat, and that you may be financially stable, so they wouldn't want to let you transfer all your toons for 1 fee. That's crazy talk.

Focslain
12-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I can answer 1 of those. It will definitely be 1 character per paid transfer. Trion is concerned that your wallet is too fat, and that you may be financially stable, so they wouldn't want to let you transfer all your toons for 1 fee. That's crazy talk.

From what I've seen the one character per transfer is industry standard, so there is no illusion as to that fact.

SakuraCalleil
12-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Any updates on this?

KRAANIMAL
12-30-2015, 12:42 PM
11 k views, the second most viewed and commented thread on the publisher request forum.

=

NO UPDATES.

Good ♥♥♥♥ing game. Let's watch the game die together.

Pancakes
12-30-2015, 06:13 PM
I like how they put these publisher request update forums here, but no one updates them? These are pretty much here just to tell us that these are issues that need to be fixed but dont update anything for weeks/months? Not even a 'they are being worked on' or 'we are this far into progress'.

Ajaness
12-30-2015, 08:16 PM
I like how they put these publisher request update forums here, but no one updates them? These are pretty much here just to tell us that these are issues that need to be fixed but dont update anything for weeks/months? Not even a 'they are being worked on' or 'we are this far into progress'.

The livestreams been the only source of transfer updates since before this thread was created. If dropback fireball is fixed this needs to be made the next priority according to the amount of views and replies it has compared to the other publisher requests.

Kav
12-30-2015, 10:36 PM
The Publisher's Request Thread is going to be seeing a NICE influx of FRESH NEW THREADS when 2.5/3.0 come around!
Can't wait!

Pancakes
12-31-2015, 03:20 AM
The livestreams been the only source of transfer updates since before this thread was created. If dropback fireball is fixed this needs to be made the next priority according to the amount of views and replies it has compared to the other publisher requests.

Yeah server transfers should have been a thing a long long long loooooooong time ago, im crossing my fingers transfers will be here in january. Also its pretty bad that they have also let this fireball backdrop issue go on so long wtf is wrong with these people. We pay them to play the game and dont make it work properly, if I was a mage I wouldve probably quit by now lol.

KRAANIMAL
12-31-2015, 05:19 AM
♥♥♥♥ the fireball. i want transfers. best regards, mage.

Aros
01-04-2016, 07:08 PM
While we wait for information for the transfers, could you please Create a Europe Server Forum / NA Server Forum.
So people can get in contact with eachother and see where they are most suited to transfers to.

Or simply to bash and build up Hype for the next lvl Clash.

Ezz
01-04-2016, 10:39 PM
@Celestrata Will the original Legacy Server players get their first transfer for free?

zoolie
01-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Any news about getting EU/NA a PVP server?

SkullMonkey
01-05-2016, 07:16 AM

LOL at this point Nazaar is more active than Ollo

Siobhan
01-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I'd just be happy for some concrete information, even if it's only to tell us that transfers are being pushed back yet again.

KRAANIMAL
01-06-2016, 04:32 AM
I'd just be happy for some concrete information, even if it's only to tell us that transfers are being pushed back yet again.

Ready to cancel my patron on all accounts and remove credit card info from archeage website if this happens.

So are "a few" others. :cool:

Meeseeks
01-07-2016, 11:51 PM
ghost thread

Ajaness
01-09-2016, 02:44 AM
If you still don't have any updates at this point other than talking about the cooldown your going to set on transfers (at least you had something to say other than no date at this time +1 for transparency), you should consider doing a wave of manual transfers similar to what was done at mergers. I was told via ticket a while back the best way to get transfers out sooner was to post on forums and get the community involved (or something along those lines), well here the community is, making this the top viewed/posted in publisher request (aside from dropback + fireball thread, which appearently had a fix on 12/3 so if it worked makes that thread irrelevant) and it still seems no progress has been made for transfers.

Sutckoutofluck
01-10-2016, 09:16 AM
In the live stream it said everything was going as planned and they were just trying to decide on the down time between transfers it shouldn't be that hard.

Kav
01-10-2016, 10:03 AM
If you still don't have any updates at this point other than talking about the cooldown your going to set on transfers (at least you had something to say other than no date at this time +1 for transparency), you should consider doing a wave of manual transfers similar to what was done at mergers. I was told via ticket a while back the best way to get transfers out sooner was to post on forums and get the community involved (or something along those lines), well here the community is, making this the top viewed/posted in publisher request (aside from dropback + fireball thread, which appearently had a fix on 12/3 so if it worked makes that thread irrelevant) and it still seems no progress has been made for transfers.
*cough* Fireball still broken.

ghost thread

*cough* Carry on.

DarthSidious
01-11-2016, 02:46 PM
LOL at this point Nazaar is more active than Ollo

I agree Ollo is the lowest pop server. Only people active are AFK players if u can call that active. Massive 4 guild east/west alliance destroyed ollo. If you want to have free land, farm and run trade packs without ever seeing a real person then go to ollo.

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:39 AM
1/13/16 Update -- As stated on the livestream, the server transfers have been pushed back due to a variety of issues. (The team is still working on the transfers, and we are working with XL on how restrictions may work, and the finer points of the system.) Currently, we do not have an estimated time for when the transfers will be completed. Once we have a better understanding of the timeframe, we will update this post.

Meeseeks
01-14-2016, 12:07 AM
So what about those people that got land and everything ready on a new server for 'Late January' this is quite a late notice. T_T

Bank
01-14-2016, 01:31 AM
So Late November, Late January, Late November?

Meeseeks
01-14-2016, 08:19 AM
#CompensationGate

Sutckoutofluck
01-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Wow we had a number of guildies sell all their land and preparing for late Jan as stated even in the live stream it said that everything was on point with the time frame. Are yall trying to ruin the game even more?

Krigsman
01-14-2016, 09:51 AM

Seriously!?

These kids are screaming for Server Transfers and you can be certain they will pay for them. Do you people want to make money or not?

If the tech is already available from EVO, set up some type of interim solution where Trino-person(s) can run the Server Transfers manually - once-a-week - once-a-month - with limited numbers - determined through random drawing

Trino can do! Trido!

KRAANIMAL
01-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Incompetence, customer abuse and blind greed.

These are the 3 things I will remember Trion for. Made a promise to myself I will never touch another Trion game, no matter how good the features might seem. Easily the worst MMO-company I have dealt with.

Bloodtau
01-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Incompetence, customer abuse and blind greed.

These are the 3 things I will remember Trion for. Made a promise to myself I will never touch another Trion game, no matter how good the features might seem. Easily the worst MMO-company I have dealt with.

basically XLgames finished the transfer system, but it goes through the in-game shop! Trion does not want people to be able to buy transfers this way as you can use apex for credits. So they reworking it so you have to buy threw website, this way everyone has to spend money, the aim here is to get non pay costumers to start paying.

Corrent me if i am wrong here Celestrata Bloodsong, but i think you will just lie anyways ^^

Bloodtau
01-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Oh i forgot to add transfer system has been in place before trion even had publishing rights. http://mmoculture.com/2014/02/archeage-russian-server-has-reportedly-made-over-10-million/

Mail.ru attempts to control the insane amount of traffic. Features in development and trial now include free character transfer from a full server to a less occupied one and a system to kick AFK players.

Trion treats us so great :)

Focslain
01-15-2016, 09:01 AM
basically XLgames finished the transfer system, but it goes through the in-game shop! Trion does not want people to be able to buy transfers this way as you can use apex for credits. So they reworking it so you have to buy threw website, this way everyone has to spend money, the aim here is to get non pay costumers to start paying.

Corrent me if i am wrong here Celestrata Bloodsong, but i think you will just lie anyways ^^

Not sure on this one, TERA allows transfers via use of their EMP currency. So it wouldn't be to far fetched to have the transfers allowed via credits. Pricing would be around 3K credits if they were to match the standard $25 character transfer that most MMOs use.

Meeseeks
01-18-2016, 03:50 AM
Grr we are angry and we are writing how angry we are

felstrex
01-18-2016, 08:19 PM
trion is holding off server transfer to let the server wither a bit more, imo. they will let the lower pop servers bleed players until it gets to the point that they do the whole "transfer or merge" system again. Trion isn't stupid in their choices, they are just unable to see the game from a standpoint of player perspective. They have this idea that the game needs to be more PvP heavy when the majority of player base doesn't even leave safe zones, they have misguided ideas of what areas should entail that is why they drop the honor from 5v5 since it is unpopular, not the logical route of increasing honor to make it more appealing and finally they are taking out the ability to sell certain honor gems and force players to scrounge for honor with only 5 arena attempts a day. I think i get the idea, push people to open world PvP type encounters. While thsi is good in theory it is bad in practice. On the server I play on the biggest threat is from my own faction purpling on you at events, which you get no honor for. further more i shouldnt have to purple up to defend myself in this type environment since i have to do that to kill healers. If trion wanted to fix this game it isnt hard to do, listen to your players and fix the issue they give you.

this is essentially people playing farmville and will continue to be as long as they make poor descions like this here, server transfers can't fix bad ideas.

Archaelin
01-20-2016, 08:59 AM

This is what I was talking about Celestrata. Exactly what I said was the issue is happening again.

KRAANIMAL
01-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Update on transfers?

I heard there was talk about it in the latest stream (29. jan) but it's too painful to watch the stream so would prefer reading about it.

Rahvin
01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Update on transfers?

I heard there was talk about it in the latest stream (29. jan) but it's too painful to watch the stream so would prefer reading about it.

Khrolan said the goal was end of Feb., but once upon a time the goal was end of Nov.- so who 'da ♥♥♥♥♥ knows?

malineczka
01-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Please merge Anthalon with Kyprosa or other high population server. Stop caring about NA alts crying that they will lose their precious 15 gazebos, care more about PvP players who buy your APEX and other ♥♥♥♥ with real money.

Lacunae
01-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Please merge Anthalon with Kyprosa or other high population server. Stop caring about NA alts crying that they will lose their precious 15 gazebos, care more about PvP players who buy your APEX and other ♥♥♥♥ with real money.

Excuse me. I'm not a PvPer, and wtf do you think I pay with? Monopoly money? Bugger off.

Rahvin
01-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Excuse me. I'm not a PvPer, and wtf do you think I pay with? Monopoly money? Bugger off.

2.9 payment method of Monopoly money confirmed.

Sutckoutofluck
01-31-2016, 10:09 AM
Looks like they trying to play the strong silent type now :/ Looks like another game dead because of companies not figuring out what players want and need.

Pancakes
02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
So khrolan said end of february but they are not going to update the actual forum post about transfers? I doubt they will be here by february, I doubt we will ever get them. Just going to keep pushing them back. I regraded my epic tier 6 bow along with celestial and divine obsidian pieces. You lost a paying customer trion.

KRAANIMAL
02-02-2016, 05:17 AM
You really gonna believe anything they say about transfers? They are going to postpone it once again.

erevos
02-02-2016, 05:31 AM
"Black Desert Online Releases March 3....."
do you think its irrelevant ? so end of February i guess transfers would be on the air.

Sutckoutofluck
02-02-2016, 09:38 AM
yeah black desert online is going to hurt this game because they don't understand how bad things are right now.

Tekuo
02-02-2016, 02:01 PM
what about transfers from low-pop to high-pop? I.e. Nazar to ollo?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bumblefoot
02-03-2016, 08:03 AM
3 months after announced transfers and still nothing. So I'm on a dead server where west face roll east like their not even a real faction. Add to that 5vs5 are now worthless and dead. Add to that they made archers a complete garbage class in all situations wether it be the laughable balanced arenas or open world pvp. I'm done . Roll on black desert because after playing since beta I'm Done with useless trino. Want to keep us playing? Maybe ask xl games if they can give you some direction. After all trino is just a useless placeholder. Trino are just servers and PR. I expect more from a games company rolling with a pay to whale model. Black desert will empty this game and it's what is deserved.

Sutckoutofluck
02-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Dude no update on transfers , no update on the storage chest in use bug , the new pvp system is trash a sandbox game that has limitless class and armor combos but they limit you in the new arena. At this point its pretty clear they trying to kill their own game.

Vondermerch
02-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi, as I cannot create new comment in spite of my character lvl55 I write here.

NAZAR Server

Players:
I feel that there are less and less players on the game, in any case in the faction Haranie, either the servers can't support a larger number of players? It is sometimes very difficult to find new members of guild, either new players.
I find that servers ages and players disappear, we need new and more players!!!

- Can be that it would be necessary to improve the size of the servers and to mix the players of the various servers.
- Either advertise to attract players
- To improve condition of the players not subscribed --> AH and craftpoints?

Roleplay:
In spite of Archeage is Sandbox, I regret the lack of players roleplay. Is there a way in remedying it?
Maybe avoid causing an arms race of the players when you create new more powerful equipments, and do an alternative allowing to balance the power of the players?

Shadow Bug:
When I played at begining in Lucius server, the shadows were better. Since the merge, there is a shadow bug under the trees, it's not beautiful.

Dungeon:
No enough players in game. We need more players to do biger dungeons, or special 2players dungeon / solo dungeon for HL. I play with a friend and solo, I cant do the bigs dungeons who have really interesting loots.

Full Throttle
02-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Hi, as I cannot create new comment in spite of my character lvl55 I write here.

NAZAR Server

Players:
I feel that there are less and less players on the game, in any case in the faction Haranie, either the servers can't support a larger number of players? It is sometimes very difficult to find new members of guild, either new players.
I find that servers ages and players disappear, we need new and more players!!!

- Can be that it would be necessary to improve the size of the servers and to mix the players of the various servers.
- Either advertise to attract players
- To improve condition of the players not subscribed --> AH and craftpoints?

Roleplay:
In spite of Archeage is Sandbox, I regret the lack of players roleplay. Is there a way in remedying it?
Maybe avoid causing an arms race of the players when you create new more powerful equipments, and do an alternative allowing to balance the power of the players?

Shadow Bug:
When I played at begining in Lucius server, the shadows were better. Since the merge, there is a shadow bug under the trees, it's not beautiful.

Dungeon:
No enough players in game. We need more players to do biger dungeons, or special 2players dungeon / solo dungeon for HL. I play with a friend and solo, I cant do the bigs dungeons who have really interesting loots.

Go to an RP server, they exist for a reason if you feel you're missing out on RP action. The problem is that a game like this relies heavily on word of mouth advertising, and at this point, with the constant "Ooops, we misread that" issues after major releases, there is very little good being spread. At least they're admitting "Oooops, we misread that" openly and trying to fix things now instead of ignoring them for weeks, but that should have been happening a year ago after the 2nd major screw up. The game has little hope of surviving in a real sense past the next 12-18 months given all the new releases coming out and gaining steam. People addicted to the grind will find grind elsewhere, with less gutpunching rng.

Sutckoutofluck
02-09-2016, 09:55 AM
In the live stream it sounded as if server transfers have been pushed back to the end of March. Only God knows why they would push the transfer past the release of Black Desert Online and Warhammer 40k. Its pretty much giving away subs to other games at this point.

Focslain
02-09-2016, 12:20 PM
In the live stream it sounded as if server transfers have been pushed back to the end of March. Only God knows why they would push the transfer past the release of Black Desert Online and Warhammer 40k. Its pretty much giving away subs to other games at this point.

No... Kholan stated at the end of THIS month (being February).

Side note: Even as a fan of 40K (lore and the table-top) Eternal crusade is meh at best.

Babykin
02-09-2016, 01:23 PM
February , march or april? Would sort of be nice to know

Sutckoutofluck
02-09-2016, 04:53 PM
No... Kholan stated at the end of THIS month (being February).

Side note: Even as a fan of 40K (lore and the table-top) Eternal crusade is meh at best.

Sounds like Nov 2015 , Dec 2015 , Jan 2016 lets see what Feb 2016 brings we can only pray.

Focslain
02-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Sounds like Nov 2015 , Dec 2015 , Jan 2016 lets see what Feb 2016 brings we can only pray.

I'm hoping they get it done soon. I'm not transferring, but the length this has taken has been too long.

Isteria
02-11-2016, 08:55 AM

btw, don't you have the feeling that this "high" status is artificially created? my server in on high since the patch but i don't really see much difference, which makes me think that the kills required to push a zone to war is not the only number reduced.

Focslain
02-11-2016, 12:44 PM
btw, don't you have the feeling that this "high" status is artificially created? my server in on high since the patch but i don't really see much difference, which makes me think that the kills required to push a zone to war is not the only number reduced.

Can't speak for other servers since I'm only on Tahyang (I opted out of rolling on Morph due to the massive progression I have on my character on Tahyang). As for the possibility that the numbers are inflated I'm not sure, Morphous might be but it depends on how the bot issue still is. Trion isn't inflating the numbers though, if anyone it would be from an outside source.

For you it might also be perception, while the server status is high the extra players are just not in your area. The new content was a dungeon and an update to sea related activities. Which is a big area and an instance.

Can't give a good analyst without knowing your habits.

As a side example, there are times when my server seems empty and times when I wonder if we are at a high status and yet it's not (yes I logged out to check). So it just depends on where you are and what you and everyone else is doing.

felixius
02-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Can't speak for other servers since I'm only on Tahyang (I opted out of rolling on Morph due to the massive progression I have on my character on Tahyang). As for the possibility that the numbers are inflated I'm not sure, Morphous might be but it depends on how the bot issue still is. Trion isn't inflating the numbers though, if anyone it would be from an outside source.

For you it might also be perception, while the server status is high the extra players are just not in your area. The new content was a dungeon and an update to sea related activities. Which is a big area and an instance.

Can't give a good analyst without knowing your habits.

As a side example, there are times when my server seems empty and times when I wonder if we are at a high status and yet it's not (yes I logged out to check). So it just depends on where you are and what you and everyone else is doing.

I wouldn't rule out Trion reducing the server capacities at some point though.

Plus alts, tons of alts. I can name 10 people off the top of my head that have 5+ alts accounts sitting around all day, and some of those people have 10+ alts. Even if it only averaged out to every person on the server having one alt account, that means that we actually have half of the active population that the numbers say we do.

Focslain
02-12-2016, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't rule out Trion reducing the server capacities at some point though.

Plus alts, tons of alts. I can name 10 people off the top of my head that have 5+ alts accounts sitting around all day, and some of those people have 10+ alts. Even if it only averaged out to every person on the server having one alt account, that means that we actually have half of the active population that the numbers say we do.

Yeah and it's a problem, this game was not designed to handle the amount of alts some people use in this region.

Babykin
02-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Half way through month, still no mention of transfers on the stream today QQ

Firenation
02-16-2016, 11:02 AM
will we ( rangora/morpheus players ) be able to go another server from rangora/morpheus server, right ? thank you.

will other players from other servers able to transfer to rangora/morphues server too ? thank you.

Focslain
02-17-2016, 07:28 AM
will we ( rangora/morpheus players ) be able to go another server from rangora/morpheus server, right ? thank you.

will other players from other servers able to transfer to rangora/morphues server too ? thank you.

From the Livestream recap:

SERVER TRANSFER INFORMATION FOR YOU (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/44212112?t=01m00s): Let's hit the important points: Coming February 29th, will cost 2,700 credits to execute, and will have a cooldown of 30 days. (That means you can buy APEX via the Auction House to pay for a transfer.) All servers are included except the fresh start servers, Rangora and Morpheus. Players cannot transfer characters across regions (NA & EU) but may transfer between all other servers. Server transfer limits may be put into place depending on if a server's faction becomes too imbalanced, or has accepted too many new characters. These restrictions will change over time as players move from server to server. A blog post will be coming next week to discuss all of these details in a formal news post.

From a cursory glance this might mean that transfers are not going to be allow to or from the fresh start servers. While I can understand restricting transfers TO the fresh starts it seems a little harsh to restrict transfers FROM the fresh start servers. We will know more shortly as the 29th is less then 2 weeks out.

Siobhan
02-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Any word on that promised "blog post" or "Announcement thread" with all the pertinent information?

Dynasty
03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
So am I the only one that hopes they lock transfers for more than a month? 90% of the toxic community is stuck on one server now and it seems like everyone else is doing great and enjoying the game.

Spiri2al
03-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Any notice on Morpheus transfers?

I want to get off of it and transfer to my family who resides on salphira