PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Diamond Shores Quest NPCs are killable, even during peace [UPDATED 1/13]

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-02-2015, 05:09 PM
1/13/16 Update -- After continuing to discuss the matter with XL, sending them images, footage from the server, player reports, and staff reports, their team is still unable to identify what is causing the issue. They insist that it is working correctly within their North American and European testing builds. We continue to let them know that is clearly not working correctly, and we request that these NPCs are simply made invulnerable.

12/15 Update: XL is still having difficulty reproducing this bug, and we continue to offer more information on how this is affecting our version of the game.

12/2 Update: No fix has been confirmed for this issue as of yet, and we remain in contact with XL regarding it.

Description: Players have reported that certain quest NPCs in Diamond Shores are permanently killable. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?237312) Sometimes these quest givers do not respawn for 24 hours, or until the server is restarted. After testing on Trion internal builds, the NPCs respawn quickly, thus differing from in-game behavior.

Status: Trion has requested to XL that these quest givers are made unkillable in order to prevent them from constantly leaving the world. We have provided XL with our own findings. XL is performing their own internal tests to confirm the player reported bugs.

forty
11-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Thank you for acknowledging this and providing an update! <3

Voluntaris
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
@Celestrata - Much thanks for creating this thread.

Also, they may not actually be killing them, but moving them somewhere to where they don't return to their normal positions. I've heard both scenarios (killing, no respawn and being moved).

Gentatsu
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
I was just at the east housing area in DS on kraken. again, another night of only 1 NPC with a quest. I am burning a lot of hereafter stones to try to get all 5 of the quests only to waste the hereafter stones and get cheated out of access to quests and loss of Prestige and guild XP.

if they respawn quickly on yer internal servers, then they are not set up the same as live. Because I have only seen 1 quest npc at kraken east DS in 8 days due to the west killing them.

fix this.

thanks

Siddgeir
11-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Would willfully killing these npcs be classified as an exploit, since the pve hero is willfully using a known bug to stop other players from completing a quest?

I ask because there is no way to demonstrate that this is accidental and may result in punitive actions to the offending parties, so your clarification is appreciated.

Soibhan
11-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Description: Players have reported that certain quest NPCs in Diamond Shores are permanently killable. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?237312) Sometimes these quest givers do not respawn for 24 hours, or until the server is restarted. After testing on Trion internal builds, the NPCs respawn quickly, thus differing from in-game behavior.

Status: Trion has requested to XL that these quest givers are made unkillable in order to prevent them from constantly leaving the world. We have provided XL with our own findings. XL is performing their own internal tests to confirm the player reported bugs.

Any chance we can get this classed as an actionable exploit until it's fixed? There are people on Tahyang doing it now as well, one of which is someone suspected of doing other questionable activities.

StrappedBunny
11-03-2015, 10:08 AM
please consider lost prestige as entire factions are losing tons of prestige among everyone who is unable to obtain the quests from these npcs. its no longer just a couple people losing on what 40 prestige. its entire factions losing that for everyone.

tinukeda
11-03-2015, 01:20 PM
I am burning a lot of hereafter stones to try to get all 5 of the quests only to waste the hereafter stones and get cheated out of access to quests and loss of Prestige and guild XP.

You should take the free (big red) portal from your main continental city and save some hereafters.

Trixologist
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM

I almost feel like this request is a miss. Would it not be better to ask that those specific quest giver NPC's have their respawn timers set to a specific and fixed interval rather than whatever the setting is now? Removing the ability to kill them altogether does sort of alter some tactical capabilities in a faction vs faction effort. I do agree that they probably should not be able to be killed during region peace.

In essence fix the bug instead of removing functionality altogether.

Does this have to be an all or nothing type request?

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
I almost feel like this request is a miss. Would it not be better to ask that those specific quest giver NPC's have their respawn timers set to a specific and fixed interval rather than whatever the setting is now? Removing the ability to kill them altogether does sort of alter some tactical capabilities in a faction vs faction effort. I do agree that they probably should not be able to be killed during region peace.

In essence fix the bug instead of removing functionality altogether.

Does this have to be an all or nothing type request?

It does not have to be, if there's enough interest to support it. I don't see why we can't have a further discussion on it. However, it may appear that XL's original intent was to have them simply be unkillable, after looking at the internal builds where they respawn almost immediately. But, this is a very interesting point that others should certainly chime in on.

10xray1
11-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Killing them is too easy... if you want it part of a strategy to deny a faction packs, then increase the health to where attemping to kill it would allow enough time for the faction to respond.

Gentatsu
11-03-2015, 07:30 PM
It does not have to be, if there's enough interest to support it. I don't see why we can't have a further discussion on it. However, it may appear that XL's original intent was to have them simply be unkillable, after looking at the internal builds where they respawn almost immediately. But, this is a very interesting point that others should certainly chime in on.

wait a minute here, its already against the rules to block or prevent access to any npcs. So by continuing to allow these npc's in Diamond shores (of whom provide daily quests to players) to be killed. Then that would mean and send a msg it is ok to do the same to all NPC's in any zone in the game. Thus resulting in Trion unbanning every player who was cought blocking and preventing access to those same NPC's. Finally ending with trion once again reversing its decision on blocking, making it perfectly ok to block npc's in any zone.

Not to mention, having a guild and ranking said guild up in levels or earning prestige. Should not be limited to just the diamond shores quests as a primary source of presitge and guild xp if the NPC's are going to be allowed to be killed. Yes their is still the world boss quest and the material turn in quest but those alone are not enough if the prices on the prestige shop are to remain where they are. If the npcs in diamond shore are to be allowed to be killed then the prestige shop cost on items should be reduced. As the reduction of prestige access merits it.

Ill say it once again and i dont care if your a pvper, merchent or just a farmer in archeage. Preventing access to any NPC's, especially with quests, is and should remain illegal. allowing it only gives other players reasons to deliberately grief other players and prevents access to game content because they are to bored and dont want to do anything but grief players instead of going out and doing actual pvp.

Annouke
11-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Many will argue the fact about this being tactical as a Faction vs Faction tactic to limit the prestige gained by killing the NPCs that offer the quests in question. However, no other NPC comes to mind that can be killed and not respawn soon after. They do it to exploit the glitch plain and simple. As for suggesting the prestige shop prices to be lowered. In theory that might work but really your only missing out on 20-30 prestige extra a day. From my point of view like most things you should be active in doing the guild quests and save up if, you want something from the prestige shop so, prices in my opinion are fine as is with or without the extra npcs. However, they should be fixed and only effected if, the base gets destroyed by the NPC Faction.

As to fix the problem, making them immortal is really the only thing they can do. I mean they can add a cannon to the hillside edge so it over looks the area and protects the hillside from this glitch taking place. Then you run into players complaining about others Turret hugging to avoid pvp or to escape etc.. Could make the npcs immune to siege damage so, they can't use siege tanks to glitch them.

Corsayr
11-04-2015, 08:01 AM

So, as this is "unintended", can we now assume that doing it and being caught and reported doing it is an actionable item?

granskog
11-05-2015, 06:39 PM
I WANT MY PrEsTIge FIXXXXXXXXX DIS PLZZZ :((((((

Demondim
11-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Only 1 NPC remaining on Kyprosa West.
Sort this out already please!

Gentatsu
11-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Server: Kraken

Friday after the twitch live feed there was 4 out of 5 npc's spawns. managed to do the 4 pack quests.
Sunday 7:21eastern time their is only 1 quest npc spawned.

Since it was stated that XL was not able to duplicate the issue on their internal servers in korea. maybe they should check out our servers and see for themselves. Like log into Kraken east see the missing npcs and check the server data to try to figure out what is glitching. because atm this is a royal pain not bieng able to do all the guild daily quests that are supposed to be available.

guess this is a less priority to fix vs adding more plushies to the game :p

Aserghui
11-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Server: Kraken

Friday after the twitch live feed there was 4 out of 5 npc's spawns. managed to do the 4 pack quests.
Sunday 7:21eastern time their is only 1 quest npc spawned.

Since it was stated that XL was not able to duplicate the issue on their internal servers in korea. maybe they should check out our servers and see for themselves. Like log into Kraken east see the missing npcs and check the server data to try to figure out what is glitching. because atm this is a royal pain not bieng able to do all the guild daily quests that are supposed to be available.

guess this is a less priority to fix vs adding more plushies to the game :p

Yes, please invite the Trion and XL employees to our NA/EU servers to observe the status of the afflicted NPCs. I understand Trion has said they can't replicate the issue, but that does not mean it does not exist on the Live servers.

BillyCool
11-14-2015, 10:15 AM
I have screenshots of reds killing our NPCs (Kraken - NA). I consider this the same as blocking as they restrict my gameplay and there's nothing I can do.

Can I report them in live support?

Kurita
11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
21.11.15 Anthalon
Haranya only one NPC alive

Ragosaros
11-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Saturday November 11,2015 4:55 pm pst ... only 1 npc. *Songa all others dead.... Is anything actually being done? Peace time is a great time to run these packs... if the NPC is alive to give the quest.....

Demondim
11-22-2015, 02:59 AM
...I don't see why we can't have a further discussion on it....

Less discussion, more action.
If XL are aware of the problem, why isn't it fixed already?

So sick and tired of only 1 or 2 NPC's being there, effectively stifling guild progression from what should be simple daily quests.

Guunslinger
11-23-2015, 04:48 AM
Nuian faction from Eanna got only 1 NPC since 5 days, we want a compensation !

Janek
11-23-2015, 05:35 AM
Nuian faction from Eanna got only 1 NPC since 5 days, we want a compensation !
confirmed
5 days we are missing most of npc, - pls calculate how many prestige and guild exp we missed due of bug<

Kurita
11-23-2015, 09:27 AM
After Kill-report, Trion should restart the server, again and again.. maybe then they will stop the killing.

RyuBlade94
11-29-2015, 07:44 AM
Logged in today and saw that West npcs were killed. So me and a guildmate decided to go kill east npcs.
I managed to kill 3 pioneers npcs, and they all INSTANTLY respawned. This is completely stupid.

Voluntaris
11-29-2015, 08:54 AM
This morning, "Ravenx" of the East guild < Not Bias > [Kyrios Server] was working on killing our West Diamond Shores prestige quest givers:

http://i.imgur.com/XzyxtzH.jpg

Can you PLEASE take action against these individuals BLOCKING us from obtaining our Diamond Shores prestige quests (via removing the quest giver all together)?!??!?!?

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
12/2 Update: No fix has been confirmed for this issue as of yet, and we remain in contact with XL regarding it.

Corsayr
12-02-2015, 03:25 PM

Again i will ask, since it is meant to be fixed, and is an unintended mechanic of the game will you make it an actionable offense?

It will be somewhat mitigated when people know there can be consequences to these actions.

Badgerz
12-02-2015, 03:52 PM
East side NPCs have been dead since Saturday on Morpheus.... halp :/

Corsayr
12-03-2015, 08:32 AM

another thought, maybe someone at Trion could make it their job to go to each server (seriously there are not that many of them) at reset (7 eastern time) and just make sure all those NPCs are respawned.

this would take about 10-15 min tops.... I assume there are people there (at Trion) that get paid an hourly wage that have the ability to perform daily tasks.

GrowlingMoose
12-06-2015, 04:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7SwjzKO.jpg

Aranzeb east, it has been like this for weeks now. I think this is bigger issue than the flamebolt issue that apparently has gone over this fix multiple times now. Even when there isn't a fix from XLGames for this, can you atleast have a GM check these daily and spawn the npc's if they have been killed? It's getting annoying and really frustrating to wait for another server restart and then do all the quests once before someone decides to kill them again.

ncbwilson
12-08-2015, 08:59 AM
I appreciate the update but honestly how hard is it to flip a flag on an object in the game? I understand that there might be more difficult coding problems on the backlog but this should be a very easy fix and be able to be closed fairly quickly.

Demondim
12-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Down to 1 npc again on Kyprosa west.
Is there a fix in the works?

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-15-2015, 04:53 PM
12/15 Update: XL is still having difficulty reproducing this bug, and we continue to offer more information on how this is affecting our version of the game.

phatty
12-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Why don't they LOG into one of our servers :P

Seems pretty easy to REPRODUCE!

Zepfu
12-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Someone suggested this previously, but how about every day at reset-- some GM checks all the servers to see if they are spawned? If not, they respawn them.

Demondim
12-15-2015, 11:33 PM
While I appreciate that XL want to reproduce the bug in order to achieve a comprehensive fix, why won't they make our npcs invulnerable or something in the meantime?
This issue is directly stifling Guild progression.

Orio
12-16-2015, 05:23 AM

I would like to expand the issue for few new observations:

a) Sometimes Alemine attack will NOT occur
I am unsure whether its a bug, or a feature (like when your faction brought enough packs, the attack will not happen).

After this Alemine fortress will respawn (small bunkers and Diamond shores mobs disappear).

b) Under the lodestone in the valley (where alemine fortress spawns) is usually magical seal on the ground with timer.
When the timer runs out, Alemine attack should occur in 10 minutes, and alemine fortress will respawn in 30 minutes.

It was observed that this magical seal disappeared/was not visible but Alemine fotress did not respawned for a long time.

c) I have three separated theories about NPC disappearances

- They were moved by skateboard/hauler to someplace else.
- NPC bugged (as other timers related to the event apparently can) and despawned by itself
- Somebody else helped to kill it after he was sure that event is already bugged

d) Ezis light
Was observed that NPC was not on top of the ezis statue, Green circle indicating zone of Ezi's Light buff was not present, yet ships were customizabe/repairing in the zone near the statue in DS.

All I know that those issues can be observed within 1 week between restarts.

To Zepfu and Demondim:
As suggested, some required flags indicating that the NPC has to respawn may be bugged, Daily reset isnt really a solution, because if the issue can be triggered via eploit the guy doing it can do so within few minues after reboot and it will not help you.

Making them invulnerable would not help as well because those NPCs are linked with events ocurring in DS and are based on level of DS fortress. If the respawn is bugged it really does not mean they were killed, it mainly means they do not spawn at all and manual reaspawning them would not help because they will despawn immediatelly.

Jeremiah179
12-16-2015, 11:18 AM
It is Wednesday morning. 24 hours since patch.

We have 2 out of 5 quests npcs available for prestige and guild rewards.

Tahyang

Eliandal
12-16-2015, 12:18 PM

I'm sorry (and I really DO apologise....) but this is a complete copout. Can they NOT remote into our servers? Why do they need to reproduce it at all? There is already code in the game to make defenders that cannot target their attacker immune. What more needs to be done? Frankly Trion - you are coming up very short on this matter. On Tahyang West we are regularly without our NPC's - and when we try to hit them back - low and behold, their NPC's respawn almost immediately.

It is Wednesday, and our NPC's are already down - which means another week that guilds are hurt for advancement. This needs action immediately...not more discussion!

eFlame
12-17-2015, 09:33 PM

Not good enough mate this issue has been going on for months now? with not even a band-aid fix. You don't need to reproduce this bug to provide a fix. it is probably the simplest thing to fix... Just not make them killable in the first place. I am sure I am not the only one who has suggested this. So how come you guys clearly haven't to XL?

Aserghui
12-21-2015, 06:43 AM
Why don't they LOG into one of our servers :P

Seems pretty easy to REPRODUCE!

Aye, instead of XL trying to reproduce it on their servers, have them log into our servers and position GM characters at the NPCs this is the best way for them to observe the CONSTANT reproduction on our servers. And if they don't want to do that because it "takes too much time" than it is ridiculously simple to give these mobs permanent invincibility.

This is a multiple month long problem, and the longer XL can't "find the problem", the more suspicious the playerbase becomes to their incompetence towards NA/EU support.

Yves
12-25-2015, 05:52 PM
The solution is simple at my view, ArcheAge should replace the Prestigie and Guild EXP lost by the exploit of the glitch.
If they can't work on it for fix the bug, they could refund players by the days missing those NPC's.:confused:;):cool:

Demondim
12-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Down to 3x NPCs again on Kyprosa West.

XL/Trion need to push a fix for this and not reply with some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ excuse about being unable to reporoduce the problem.

Problem exists, NPCs not respawning, so make them invulnerable or something... it's not rocket science.

Daige
12-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Kyrios West down to one NPC : /

Dcoy
12-27-2015, 09:39 PM
This might help... have them check the variable that the respawn mechanic checks to verify our fortress level. I'm pretty sure it's referencing the wrong variable.

Wafflestomp
12-28-2015, 06:35 PM
With the west already outnumbering the east on Kraken, stopping our guild and gemming progression further widens the gap.

I never have QQ'd about compensation, so this will be my first time. If Trion/XL doesn't replace the lost prestige from these NPCs being down for so long, I really can't justify playing anymore. It's a clear exploit that stops progression.

If you need help on how to go invulnerable, ask any player on the west - it's their main battle tactic.

tinukeda
01-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Almost a month since the last update and this problem is still a regular occurrence on my server.
Prestige acquisition has slowed to a crawl :(

With the west already outnumbering the east on Kraken, stopping our guild and gemming progression further widens the gap.
Good thing all the npc's for the West on Kraken are dead too!

Kurita
01-07-2016, 04:34 AM
Anthalon again only one NPC on each side!

Now make these invul... otherwise we need compensation.

Isteria
01-07-2016, 06:01 AM
Almost a month since the last update and this problem is still a regular occurrence on my server.
Prestige acquisition has slowed to a crawl :(

Good thing all the npc's for the West on Kraken are dead too!

with the new patch 2.5 the guild xp you get from the dailies is reduced even more. this bug needs to be fixed asap one way or another.

https://aa.mail.ru/updates/10122015

google translate:

Reduced the amount of experience of the guild, is charged when the following tasks:
- "Construction of outpost" - from 10 to 3 experience points Guild.

- "Order of the House Trieste" / "Order ishubary North" - from 14 to 8 points of experience guild.

- "Order of the House Norett" / "Order ishubary West" - from 19 to 12 experience points Guild.

- "Western Bridge" / "Eastern Bridge" - from 8 am to 3 experience points Guild.

- "Outposts" - from 8 am to 3 experience points Guild.

- "Tribute to the bay gallows" - from 36 to 20 experience points Guild.

- "Construction in Nuimare" / "Construction in Salfimare" / "Construction in Sangemare" / "Peace Building in the land" - from 36 to 20 experience points Guild.

Sentient6
01-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Right now there is freaking two NPC on Rangora east. This really does need a fix...

Elorin
01-08-2016, 03:34 PM
With the new items coming to the prestige shop in 2.5, this issue really does need to be resolved; even if it requires a clunky temporary fix such as making the npcs completely immune to damage, or increasing their hp to ludicrously high numbers to discourage killing of them.

tinukeda
01-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Another week, another dead NPC on Kraken. (was only 1 of the usual 5 when checked last night; expecting more to be dead by tonight)

Tinqu
01-12-2016, 02:18 PM
FYI... there has been proof submitted via a help tickets with proof of East Side killing the Diamond shores NPC with a siege cannon. They can kill our NPCs but we cant kill theirs.... this needs to be fixed they are NOT re spawning until the server is reset, regardless of what is happening on your internal servers.

Kurita
01-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Anthalon East again one NPC left....

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:29 AM
1/13/16 Update -- After continuing to discuss the matter with XL, sending them images, footage from the server, player reports, and staff reports, their team is still unable to identify what is causing the issue. They insist that it is working correctly within their North American/European testing build. We continue to let them know that is clearly not working correctly, and we request that these NPCs are simply made invulnerable.

survivor36
01-13-2016, 10:25 AM
1/13/16 Update -- After continuing to discuss the matter with XL, sending them images, footage from the server, player reports, and staff reports, their team is still unable to identify what is causing the issue. They insist that it is working correctly within their North American/European testing build. We continue to let them know that is clearly not working correctly, and we request that these NPCs are simply made invulnerable.

You could not figure this out a month ago? Why such the long delay on information, and still no fix?

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 12:05 PM
You could not figure this out a month ago? Why such the long delay on information, and still no fix?

We did, however, XL is insisting that they find the bug in the code and are able to reproduce it. We insist that this is a poor experience for players, and would like it fixed as soon as possible.

Zepfu
01-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Celestrata, can the GMs respawn these daily at least until the issue is resolved?

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Celestrata, can the GMs respawn these daily at least until the issue is resolved?

No, that's not a feasible solution, unfortunately.

Kurita
01-13-2016, 12:54 PM
But if a GM could be invis there and see who kill the npcs ( and use these bug ) could be banned instant. Fine Solution :-)

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 01:52 PM
But if a GM could be invis there and see who kill the npcs ( and use these bug ) could be banned instant. Fine Solution :-)

Doesn't stop alts, doesn't stop friends, doesn't stop guilds, and doesn't help the situation really. It's a band-aid solution at best.

AYataADay
01-13-2016, 02:04 PM
No, that's not a feasible solution, unfortunately.

I don't see how that is a feasible solution. Is there not a GM presence that can be notified by support in order to use the command when there is need? Earlier you stated that it is impacting the players. And that you are pushing XL to find a quicker solution. You have staff. Use them. It's not like this is WoW and there are 50+ servers. 1 GM could easily handle the Respawning when the need arises.

If that's not possible. Then give a real reason as to why it's not. Because right now, we just see excuses to the short term solutions we are trying to suggest.

Lonkley
01-13-2016, 03:15 PM
Doesn't stop alts, doesn't stop friends, doesn't stop guilds, and doesn't help the situation really. It's a band-aid solution at best.

Band-aid or not, it would show actions have consequences. It's the same thing that was done for "blocking". Blocking has dropped dramatically. It may not be a perfect fix, but it's an adequate one.

Xollo
01-13-2016, 03:56 PM

I'll go ahead and point out - since this apparently isn't obvious already - a band-aid solution would be far better than 2+ months and no solution.

Nalib
01-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Perhaps XL isn't able to replicate the bug because they're not killing them with mortar's. From what I understand, if you kill the npc's with character damage, they respawn instantly. If you kill them with mortar's, they do not respawn.

Something to look at.

mikroman
01-14-2016, 03:21 AM
Perhaps XL isn't able to replicate the bug because they're not killing them with mortar's. From what I understand, if you kill the npc's with character damage, they respawn instantly. If you kill them with mortar's, they do not respawn.

Something to look at.

Hm... did you test it?
Or this "effect" has other special requirements? Killing with pirate in peace time after other faction side fortress destroyed? Or kill after destroy the cannons?

Trymantha
01-14-2016, 03:38 AM
its absolutely pathetic how long this has taken to get fixed

Gizmobrown
01-14-2016, 03:55 AM
Seriously...

You curse us with that, its not fair, its not intended etc etc etc...
There is no solution for us? What sort of game can have this ??

So, as a good company you have planned to give us some compensation to nuian side who have a huge penalty in making guild xp and prestige?

Figg
01-14-2016, 07:15 AM
The fact that they "insist" it is working as indented on there "test" build shows they have no idea how testing actually works.

Get a computer, download the live version. See for yourself.

We are not lying to you XL.

What can you expect. The fact that they left the APEX dupe in the game for months shows their arrogance.

Grizabella
01-14-2016, 07:50 AM
Ok. This may be a stupid idea, but are there any servers where this issue has NOT been reported? I have never seen it on ours and if we can find that one server or another is NOT glitched, it may speed them finding the errant code.

Kahmlee
01-14-2016, 09:21 AM
So, as a good company you have planned to give us some compensation to nuian side who have a huge penalty in making guild xp and prestige?

Both sides are affected by the issue.

Kahmlee
01-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Ok. This may be a stupid idea, but are there any servers where this issue has NOT been reported? I have never seen it on ours and if we can find that one server or another is NOT glitched, it may speed them finding the errant code.

Or maybe compare the differences in the first NPC that seems to be the only one that always survive (or respawn).

Rubius
01-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Celestrata - please read this. This is still happening, even weeks after pictures have been posted confirming that Pirates (at least on our server) are killing the NPC's to try and deny the other factions content. I've posted evidence here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?208840-Exploits-and-you-A-community-guide-to-what-goes-and-what-doesn%92t-UPDATED-10-20&p=2156682&viewfull=1#post2156682) and I have more evidence now of them admitting to it, stating their intentions.

If Trion is going to allow this (though I certainly hope not), please, at least give us an answer one way or another, so that we can either help get this to stop and the players who continue doing it banned, or so that we can write up our angry letters asking why blockading gold traders isn't allowed, but completely killing NPC's to stop prestige and guild XP gain is.

We just need an answer, of some sort!

Thank you. :)

Tiomun
01-22-2016, 01:31 PM
I can say this much. I did some testing, as a archer I cant kill these npc's before the cannons get me.

I was able to use a mortar to attack them from on top of a cliff, but a single shot only does about 50% damage, then the npc freaks out and runs around making it almost impossible to land a second shot. At least when targeting the west faction npc's

The only way I can see doing this is by either being highly geared and one shoting the npc's or a small group of players working together to kill them.

Also on Ollo, I cant remember the last time I saw all of the east faction quest givers alive at one time.

Sarafine
01-23-2016, 04:36 AM
I'm really pis**** that the NPCs disappeared again.
I have also evidence that they are killed and can provide screenshots if necessary.
But that's not my point: The programmers are not able to fix this kind of wrong code. What the hell are they doing?
I guess they have no clue or are not interested to fix it.

We all invest a lot of time into this game and our guild can't move forward cause these NPCs are not availabe "AGAIN".

I want that this will be fixed as fast as possible and we Nui's on Kraken want to have a compensation for our lost prestige. And for all these who killed our NPCs again, they have to pay that prestige compensation for us.

I'm not willing to wait till your weekly maintenance

So do what ever is necessary to fix this.

Culland
01-23-2016, 12:28 PM
All Trion had to do was say 'this isnt allowed and you will be punished' and then punish the few folks that dont listen, and then we wait for a fix. Instead they took the 'we dont give a crap because it doesnt work this way on test' approach.

Aeowin
01-24-2016, 08:07 AM
I think the correct solution here is to just remove the npcs and put a quest board on the plaza. If the base downgrades then the board just gives one less quest. It's simple. The npcs serve no actual purpose.

Lilah Maniae
02-04-2016, 11:55 PM
I think the correct solution here is to just remove the npcs and put a quest board on the plaza. If the base downgrades then the board just gives one less quest. It's simple. The npcs serve no actual purpose.
This ^

Lostness
02-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Can we please fix this already? a new group of trolls on tahyang has decided to ensure the west doesn't have quest npc's.......

Also if blocking can be punished why can't something like this?

Thenijiway
02-10-2016, 02:13 AM
bump

Sentient6
02-12-2016, 05:00 PM
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160213/c6uz778t.jpg

Can we get a fix already.... Rangora East.

Thenijiway
02-13-2016, 05:21 AM
I could probably learn to code and hack into trion or xl hq before they ever get around to fixing this
Would probably take me about 3-10 years but that's better than not being fixed at all

Literally has to be the most easiest thing xl will have ever done in the history of archeage
Find npc
Add invincible buff
Repeat for all 10 npc

Congratulation you have fixed a major bug in 5 minutes

JagaMan
02-13-2016, 11:40 PM
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160213/c6uz778t.jpg

Can we get a fix already.... Rangora East.

Bump so 3 days now on Rangora that we have no NPC's starting to hurt guild and my equipment.

Gnat
02-14-2016, 08:17 AM
It continues How about some compensation?

lunna
02-15-2016, 09:51 AM
This is getting to the point where it's just sad, no one really cares if XL isn't able to reproduce this bug, just fix it already ffs.

Jerky
02-15-2016, 11:01 AM
One of the quest givers for Prestige is dead on Hanure. Please ban these ppl that are doing it. If you can't fix it make it an exploit and bring down the hammer. Just check those combat logs on who did it please.

DaremoTono
03-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Scuttlebutt on Nazar is that it is possible to move the NPC's and lock them inside a house. I cannot verify this rumor, but thought to report it. If it is true a potential fix would be to allow the NPC's to pass through walls and return to their original locations.

Carchoal Labistizer
09-23-2016, 01:07 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/dwne49xlb/Archebug2.png

Uuhhhh still not fixed? How long it's been now?

mikroman
09-23-2016, 02:40 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/dwne49xlb/Archebug2.png

Uuhhhh still not fixed? How long it's been now?

IF your nation had many better things to do and they missed the protection of Fortress you have to rebuild it later. If your fortress destroyed you miss the defensive cannons near bridge, some part of bridge + walls(you have to rebuild them) and the lvl3 quest npc (your picture). If you rebuild the fortress (delivered quest packs) to lvl3 again this NPC will return. You can't start new lvl 3 prestige quest, but you can finish the old active quests.