PDA

View Full Version : New ArcheAge Info Site for Rangora

TopChi
11-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd throw out a post here for a website I've been making as a hobby-project for the last couple of weeks.

Rangora.net (http://www.rangora.net/)

It's a site for useful, basic information about ArcheAge, and might contain a full list of guilds on the Rangora server (and perhaps more?) However, guild-lists take a lot of time to build up and maintain, so if anyone wants to volunteer and do data entries about the guilds let me know!

Im also open to any ideas about changing the website and about content to add.

TopChi
11-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Worklog:

Made basic design
Entered traderoute information
Added link to an accurate, Russian Treasure Map
Set up the system to enter nickname and join TS
Made various SEO optimalizations
Set up @rangora.net server and account
Filled in footer information
Various changes to the design and layout of the page
Did a test project regarding guild information
Interviewed 25 guild leaders / representatives
Added available guild information
Restricted access to the controlpanel
Finished the controlpanel
Added info about hidden procs

Currently: Setting up a small web of guide-videos. Continuing this task with expanding the library and sorting system.
Mid-week update number 2: I have my computers set up and almost set up to start working on the site again.
Release update: I was not able to uphold my original release update for the site. I started moving and it is taking up a lot of time, even a week after I started. I will not try to make a new release date, and will instead update the page as soon as new content is found and made.

FTR
11-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Cool stuff dude.

TopChi
11-07-2015, 06:24 PM
I've been progressing with the website. Doing behind-the-scenes work all weekend so far, and I am happy to say that the controlpanel for adding and changing guild entries are done!

Work on more content has begun and I will be adding some tomorrow. This will be a small informational piece about weapons and hidden procs along with some tips regarding these and the various weapon / armor-type bonuses. A collection of basic Youtube guides will also be added.

Yesterday I was approached by someone who wanted me to add the traderoute information as a downloadable PDF file from the site. This will be done asap tomorrow, but be aware that the infomation is currently listed as PNG files and are copyable without having to compromise on quality or format. However, since PNGs are not searchable, the PDF files will come aswell.

Dewulf
11-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Yo, There is currently only 3 guilds in pirate faction.
Corsair
TrollPaTroll
Nemesis

SakuraCalleil
11-08-2015, 04:22 AM
This needs to go sticky

TopChi
11-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Last update of the week.
I have added the PDF downloadable links. They are sized for A3 paper as it was the only available standard size that would fit the document.

I have entered a small segment about Hidden Procs and subjectively written about some ups and downs for various classes.

Started work on embedding guidevideos from Youtube, but did not get far.

Yo, There is currently only 3 guilds in pirate faction.
Corsair
TrollPaTroll
Nemesis

I will add these first thing when I start working on the guild list again. Do you know if any of the leaders or representatives could fill in the information below and send me it either ingame, here or e-mail through rangora.net?

Fill in <>
<Guildname>
Creation Date <Month guild was start + year, example September - 2015>
Server Rangora
Language <Language of the guild>
Guild Leader <Guildleader(s)>
Faction Pirate
Website <link to website>
Twitter <link to twitter-page>
Facebook <link to facebook-page>
Voice Communications <voice comms used, example Teamspeak 3>
Focus <Im guessing hardcore, PvP for most of these?>
Estimated Members <estimated amount of members by a margin of 25. 25-50, 50-75, 75-100>
Recruitment Requirements <which recruitment requirements the guild has, if any>

TopChi
11-15-2015, 02:38 AM
My second weekend update.

I have only gotten started with adding various guides. I did this on Monday, and have been busy moving all week starting Tuesday, and probably will be for next couple of days aswell. Once Im done moving there'll be more progress and I'll update start pages to exclude the launch dates and replaced with reasonable content. I'll be adding about 40-50 guides and a decent way of indexing them quickly and easily.

BinaryRun
11-17-2015, 04:51 PM
I own rangora.com, if you like I can point it to your dns so you can use irt instead of .net.

Else I'll change it to a redirect if you'd like.

TopChi
11-18-2015, 09:32 AM
I own rangora.com, if you like I can point it to your dns so you can use irt instead of .net.

Else I'll change it to a redirect if you'd like.

That's awesome! It would be really nice of you if redirected the site.

Im going to keep using "dot net", mostly because I like saying dot net better than dot com :P

fistiac
11-25-2015, 12:10 PM
I really like this idea. Its actually useful, and will be more so when it's done.