PDA

View Full Version : Occultism Skill Summon Crows Not Working

Isyldra
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Summary: I was out questing when I realized that Summon Crows didn't seem to be working in conjunction with Hell Spear. I then tested to see if it worked by itself and it didn't. It does nothing for me. I made a video to show what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jjSmBjusdw
Steps to Reproduce: Cast the spell lol. Doesn't work no matter how I use it.
Frequency: Consistently. Every time.
Severity: 5. A skill not working at all is pretty serious.
System Specs: Windows 8, 16gigs or RAM, GTX760, Verizon Fios, no clue what modem I have.

If it matters at all, the other two trees I was using with Occultism were Songcraft and Witchcraft.

Sornin
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Summon Crows is a point-blank area-of-effect skill (PBAOE). In other words, it only affects enemies in a circle around you with radius 5 m, I believe. If nothing is within 5 m it will do nothing because there is nothing for the crows to attack.

Nina
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM
I thought that skill is like 5 meters, you cast it on yourself and you walk beside the monster, and the crows will attack. Something like Swain's ult from League of Legend if you play lol.

jacksonmalone
08-08-2014, 01:31 PM
its got a 5 meter aoe just like hellspear

jacksonmalone
08-08-2014, 01:36 PM
its a good aoe conbo as well

hellspear then crows = win

Pang
08-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Summon Crows is a point-blank area-of-effect skill (PBAOE). In other words, it only affects enemies in a circle around you with radius 5 m, I believe. If nothing is within 5 m it will do nothing because there is nothing for the crows to attack.

Yep this. OP just isn't using it properly. Its not a ranged spell you cast. The way you use it to combo is you drop Hellspears then immediately hit crows. So anything within 5m with be impaled and then attacked by crows. But again if there is nothing within 5m, of you to attack then it won't do anything.

Isyldra
08-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Ok well that makes sense, however I'm not seeing the crows animation if I use the combination of Hell Spear and Crows and the target has to be in that range to get hit by Hell Spear. Or maybe I'm just getting unlucky and trying to use it when the target is 6m instead of 5m.

Thanks guys. Lesson learned. Deleting my video ;) Yeah next time I'll actually READ the tooltip. /facepalm