PDA

View Full Version : Labor and Labour

Werewolfviking
08-08-2014, 03:30 PM
I noticed that you spell Labour, Labor. Just thought I'd point out that in the United Kingdom at least the word Labor is spelt Labour.

Jestunhi
08-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Americans drop the u for many words.

Colour, honour, valour, etc.

Nina
08-08-2014, 03:33 PM
colour vs color, analyse vs analyze, etc. Same thing. U.S. and U.K have different spellings. I'm Canadian, and I use labour, but I have no issue with people using labor. As long as the point gets across, it's fine. The correct spelling in U.S. is labor.

BackDown
08-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I noticed that you spell Labour, Labor. Just thought I'd point out that in the United Kingdom at least the word Labor is spelt Labour.

Americans cant spend a second without the fat dripping off their fingers from the giant bucket of chicken they've been eating to spell it the correct way, therefore in america it's spelled incorrectly as Labor.

Palinore
08-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Americans cant spend a second without the fat dripping off their fingers from the giant bucket of chicken they've been eating to spell it the correct way, therefore in america it's spelled incorrectly as Labor.

I'm currently dipping my Kentucky fried chicken with fried mayonnaise and butter with one hand down my pants watching reality T.V. shows and I could care less about implementing a "u" into words that you spell with a "u." None of us give a ♥♥♥♥ about your "u." That is all.

trev
08-08-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm currently dipping my Kentucky fried chicken with fried mayonnaise and butter with one hand down my pants watching reality T.V. shows and I could care less about implementing a "u" into words that you spell with a "u." None of us give a ♥♥♥♥ about your "u." That is all.

"I could care less" ... So you do care some then ?
The correct way to type this is "I couldn't care less" maybe if you used those U's .....

scottmercure
08-09-2014, 08:04 AM
For the American servers it is spelled Labor, which is correct since American English does not use the "u" as Jestunhi stated.

Maybe they will change the EU version to Labour to make you people happy.

BackDown
08-09-2014, 07:52 PM
The correct way to type this is "I couldn't care less" maybe if you used those U's .....

hahaahahha

Jestunhi
08-10-2014, 02:10 AM

lol. I admit I think that each time I see someone saying they could care less. If you can care less then it means you do care. :p

Rii
08-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I can't believe this is even an issue. If it was spelled Labour I'm 99% certain that no Americans would care. We all know that some of these words are spelt differently. Get out of your box and get over it. It's not like they injected crazy slang that is impossible to understand due to cultural differences.

Manatapit
08-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Lol apparently people get really hurt over the spelling of certain words. I won't lie though, I cringe when I see words like defense spelled like defence. And the way the Brits pronounce words like garage, aluminum, and pasta really makes me have a huge distaste for the accent. But Rii is right, if I saw the word Labour, I would cringe, but I wouldn't care enough to go into the forums and make a big stink about it. Learn to accept diversity, and if you can't, please build a bridge and get over it.