PDA

View Full Version : Gods's Won't Let Me In

Samanthe79
08-09-2014, 07:47 AM
I have been trying all morning to log into the game.

I am able get on, choose my server, and that's the end. I am able to hit connect, and it begins connecting. It continues to connect for several minutes and then the God's have disconnected me.

Can anyone help me with this issue? I really wanted to play today.

Thanks in advance, Samanthe79:confused:

Rai
08-09-2014, 08:51 AM
In case you're attempting to connect to the beta servers, which I'm assuming you are as this is the beta technical support forum - the servers are currently not up. You'll have to wait to play during the next Closed Beta event which is right around the corner on Thursday, August 14th. The beta will most likely last just short of a week and you'll have plenty of time to play. If you REALLY want to hop on and start playing/testing right now, consider upgrading to the Archeum Founder's Pack which enables you access to the Alpha.

Zetraz
08-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Unless I'm blind, there's no tech-support forum for Alpha. The problem described above occurs after you've launched the actual game, and are in the server select or character select window.

I've had the same problems as you Samanthe, it started last weekend when trying to connect to the Alpha server. I tried numerous "fixes", even spoke to live-support, nothing helped. I could manage to log my character on mabye once every day, and only then for about 10 minutes before the Gods struck me down again.

In the end, I got it working. It might be a combination of the various fixes, or just dumb luck, but try the following:
Allow every .exe file related to the game through your firewall. (Glyph, Archeage and hackshield)
Delete the folder "asc" in the hackshield folder (Archeage/Alpha/bin32/hshield) Dont worry, it will re-create itself when you launch the game.
Right click glyph.exe and run as administrator. This is the .exe file in your gamefolder, not the shortcut on your desktop.

Hopefully this helps if they haven't fixed it yet.

DwarfStar
08-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Unless I'm blind, there's no tech-support forum for Alpha. The problem described above occurs after you've launched the actual game, and are in the server select or character select window.

I've had the same problems as you Samanthe, it started last weekend when trying to connect to the Alpha server. I tried numerous "fixes", even spoke to live-support, nothing helped. I could manage to log my character on mabye once every day, and only then for about 10 minutes before the Gods struck me down again.

In the end, I got it working. It might be a combination of the various fixes, or just dumb luck, but try the following:
Allow every .exe file related to the game through your firewall. (Glyph, Archeage and hackshield)
Delete the folder "asc" in the hackshield folder (Archeage/Alpha/bin32/hshield) Dont worry, it will re-create itself when you launch the game.
Right click glyph.exe and run as administrator. This is the .exe file in your gamefolder, not the shortcut on your desktop.

Hopefully this helps if they haven't fixed it yet.

Yes, you are blind. :) You have to go to the top level forums menu. Scroll down until you see "ArcheAge Alpha Technical Support"

http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?13-ArcheAge-Alpha-Technical-Support

Zetraz
08-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Yes, you are blind. :) You have to go to the top level forums menu. Scroll down until you see "ArcheAge Alpha Technical Support"

http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?13-ArcheAge-Alpha-Technical-Support

Sweet! I never log on to the forums, just thought to help OP this once. Thank you.

Back on the issue at hand tho, seems like the problem is fixed? Could log on straight away this evening.