PDA

View Full Version : Forming a serious Oceanic guild - please hear me out

iknowyou
08-10-2014, 04:41 AM
Hey guys this thread has now moved to our official Oceanic guild thread http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?34367-OCEANIC-Royal-Crusade-Competitive-Casual-PvP-PvE-Trade-West-All-Time-Zones&p=367349#post367349

Our guild website is http://www.royalcrusadeguild.com

Lesani
08-10-2014, 05:14 AM
count me in Cryodin

iknowyou
08-10-2014, 05:22 AM
count me in Cryodin

Sweet as mate :D

iknowyou
08-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Bumping up my post :D

iknowyou
08-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Bumping this post up :D

WintersEnd
08-10-2014, 11:48 PM
PM'd you. :)

Hyreal
08-11-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm interested :)

iknowyou
08-11-2014, 03:22 AM
PM'd you. :)
msg'ed :)

I'm interested :)

Great, will let you know more details soon!

Atreyu
08-12-2014, 05:39 AM
I am interested, but I am probs around 4 hours behind you as I live in China. I want to join a guild but not one with too many people and not one that is focused on just PvP.

What are you goals as a guild?

Funny Guy
08-12-2014, 05:39 AM
what are your thoughts on killing own faction?

Pommelhorse
08-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I may be interested, depends on the Guild's vision.

Jacabon
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Me and a few mates are playing alpha with probably a group of between 5 and 10 that will be playing on launch with no plans yet. Will keep an eye on what's happening. . (Ex eve online players)

Parmenion
08-12-2014, 05:17 PM
My Partner and I are interested.

Teehu
08-13-2014, 04:32 AM
I'm interested, So sign me up.

Godwin
08-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Having run an Oceanic clan in previous NA based games, I strongly suggest finding a "sister" guild that is NA based or opening recruitment up to include NA players too. The selling point of Aussie gamers is our time zone, it is a double edged sword. While we are mostly inactive during NA peak times, it gives a clan more active hours and overlap between time zones.

Good luck to you Cryodin, definitely need a handful of trustworthy officers to help if you wont have a lot of in game time. Hope it works out.

Happy Hunting,
Godwin

Huramai
08-13-2014, 07:07 AM
I am keen to be part of or help run an oceanic guild just so I can play with people who are on at the same time as me. Part of a NA guild in beta atm but between not getting to do much with them and my slight disagreements with how the guild structure is going to be/management I'd rather an Aus guild but yeah I'll go with any guild I feel is built for success.

Daevough
08-20-2014, 10:16 AM
I will PM you and am interested!

iknowyou
08-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey guys sorry was away on a trip.

Its great to see so many interested, got a few PM's too and have replied to them. What I have been planning and will most likely do soon is to first create a website, to establish a "base" for us first and for any future updates such as the server we will be playing, members, events etc. What's taken so long is the name for this oceanic guild.

If you are still interested and have any further suggestions please don't hesitate to PM me or post here. Cheers!

Wselfwulf
08-28-2014, 06:51 AM
I am interested in an Oceanic Guild, have been looking through the guilds on the forum and none of them have really interested me so far and if I did find any that look good the time zone was an issue.

Shawthing
08-28-2014, 07:57 AM
PMed you please check it and get back to me :)

Thankyou,
Shawthing

Sp00kD
08-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Great idea... PM'd and a friendly bump.

kkms
08-29-2014, 05:32 AM
Count me in too
Any idea what server this guild will be aiming for?

Rot
08-29-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm in.
As long as we're Brave Newbies.

Wselfwulf
08-29-2014, 07:10 AM
I thought I will add http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?28913-Oceanic-presence&highlight=oceanic+guild here which had some good points and ideas.

iknowyou
08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Great to see so many interested, thanks guys its really encouraging!

I have got us a guild name sorted, creating a logo and setting up the website as we speak. Once all those basics and the structures are done I will send out PMs and also create a new official guild thread. Cheers!

harry
08-29-2014, 06:11 PM
As long as we're Brave Newbies.
Brave Newbies just got KO'ed by a 40B director theft which a) crippled their nullsec ops and b) shows how poor they were to begin with, for a zerg corp that balance is embarrassingly low.

@iknowyou, we're rolling east on release which may not fit with your plans and have a mixed oceanic/NA core; a huge chunk of our most critical activity has thus far and will continue to (in OBT/release) occur after most US players have gone to bed (ie OCE prime), often intentionally so. we'd be thrilled to discuss you and your band of brethren here fleshing out the former (i'm from syd and co-founder from mel, fwiw). there's still plenty of room for those who want to help favorably steer the course, as you seem to. you can find a little more here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?27892-NA-OCE-GvG-Switzerland-Inimitable-Northern-Consortium&p=300822#post300822) if so inclined. we have farmhouse galleon teamspeak forums timers blah blah blah.

if not, i'd echo godwins advice and make a seasoned recommendation against pure oceanic playerbase if you have any designs toward auroria, as castle warfare will occur during US prime time. there's also that pesky issue of numbers being so important/rewarding in almost every facet of archeage play. ~25m oce population vs ~300m US.

Sp00kD
08-29-2014, 07:04 PM
if not, i'd echo godwins advice and make a seasoned recommendation against pure oceanic playerbase if you have any designs toward auroria, as castle warfare will occur during US prime time. there's also that pesky issue of numbers being so important/rewarding in almost every facet of archeage play. ~25m oce population vs ~300m US.

Yeah I'd echo that sentiment that being said a lot of US based players tend to run with oceanic guilds due to shift work or being out in the middle of the pacific on a small bunch of islands - personally if it's predominantly or a majority of the players are Oceanic it looks fine to me otherwise as you've mentioned 25m vs 300m - we oceanic players will start to get drowned out or have things farmed out whilst we sleep. Just my opinion and personal experience from other games. Not a besmirching of our American brethren either I might add but their prime time seems to be a lot bigger than our prime time.

Also wouldn't West Coast suit Oceanic players better with fewer hops? (said with not knowing where data centres will be located anyway)

harry
08-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Also wouldn't West Coast suit Oceanic players better with fewer hops? (said with not knowing where data centres will be located anyway)
US servers in Dallas (~230ms from SYD/MEL -> 208.94.25.43)
EU servers in Amsterdam

iknowyou
08-29-2014, 07:18 PM
@Harry thanks for the offer, I sure don't mind if we could form up some sort of alliance and work towards a common goal. Also from previous suggestions, this guild will definitely welcome ppl from outside Oceania zone but will be Oceania based. Like you said, the ratio doesn't favor us well.

@Sp00k hope the above addresses your concern :P

Also in regards to the server, we will try and sort it out later in the future tho many have suggested Ollo.

Sp00kD
08-29-2014, 07:20 PM
US servers in Dallas (~230ms from SYD/MEL -> 208.94.25.43)
EU servers in Amsterdam

Yeah I know we get boned jumping to EU but wasn't sure if it was going to be here's some servers on the East Coast and here's some on the West Coast... or just branded East or West. Dallas seems to be a reasonable workaround anyways.

Sp00kD
08-29-2014, 07:22 PM
@Sp00k hope the above addresses your concern :P

Also in regards to the server, we will try and sort it out later in the future tho many have suggested Ollo.

Muchly so :P

Rot
08-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Brave Newbies just got KO'ed by a 40B director theft which a) crippled their nullsec ops and b) shows how poor they were to begin with, for a zerg corp that balance is embarrassingly low.

I think you missed my point entirely if you think that matters.
- Take risks and have fun doing it.
- Shrug off losses, it's not a big deal.
- Stay classy.

Wselfwulf
08-30-2014, 04:04 AM
Approximately 17 days to launch, yay.

sobrien
08-30-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi Iknowyou

Played through Alpha and Omega and Beta. Interested in joining an Oceanic guild. Im an Aussie based in HK.
We need to get ourselves organized for headstart. Things like nominating players to go for a boat to get our Large farms up will be important in the great land grab about to unfold.
my email is sobrien2000@hotmail.com
Message me and lets get organized!

Steve

sobrien
08-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi Iknowyou

Played through Alpha and Omega and Beta. Interested in joining an Oceanic guild. Im an Aussie based in HK.
We need to get ourselves organized for headstart. Things like nominating players to go for a boat to get our Large farms up will be important in the great land grab about to unfold.
my email is sobrien2000@hotmail.com
Message me and lets get organized!

Steve

Aileron
08-30-2014, 07:26 AM
I think you missed my point entirely if you think that matters.
- Take risks and have fun doing it.
- Shrug off losses, it's not a big deal.
- Stay classy.
amen.

sounds like what an oceanic/oz/nz guild should be.

if the name isn't stupid me n the missus will probably join up :)

iknowyou
08-30-2014, 01:38 PM
@wselfwulf yeah the launch time surprised me, now I have to rush to get everything done ahead of schedule :s
@sobrien pm'ed you.
@Aileron the guild name is Royal Crusade. I know we aren't all gonna agree on that name but had to make a choice otherwise we won't get anywhere.

Sp00kD
08-30-2014, 06:48 PM
@iknowyou - PM'd you already with some stuff but you might want to get an 'official' recruitment thread going and have this one point to it. Now we have an official name and the like - Personally I would have gone with Miniature Land Based Whales but Royal Crusade is a much better idea :)

Also your mailbox is full :P

iknowyou
08-30-2014, 08:34 PM
@sp00kD thanks just cleared some pm's :P yep will get the official recruitment thread up once the website is done, which will be tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers xD

Skitzey
08-30-2014, 09:56 PM
PM'd you bro.

Aileron
08-31-2014, 04:03 AM
sounds good, meant to ask if you'll be east or west ?

iknowyou
08-31-2014, 04:07 AM
PM'd you bro.
Great got ur PM and replied ;)

sounds good, meant to ask if you'll be east or west ?
Heya I think many are saying west.

SkullyCazaril
08-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Ollo is the unoffocial Oceanic Server for Headstart.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?28913-Oceanic-presence

Jaypact
08-31-2014, 08:31 PM
Hey mate,

It is very good to see the Oceanic presence being shown in this thread and nice to see that someone is trying to step up to the challenge and form an Oceanic based guild. I am very keen to get amongst this and join the guild as I will be playing this game a ♥♥♥♥ ton. I am pretty knowledgeable about the game as I have studied the game for months and have also had in game experience in the betas from CBT1-4 with over 200 hours played. I am interested in having a senior position so if you are in need feel free to PM me or reply on here.

Cheers. :)
-Pyrox

Edit: I see you have already chosen a name but I thought "Ocean Ascending" was a sick name for and Oceanic Guild. Just had to say that.

KanonXO
08-31-2014, 08:50 PM
I agree with Jay, that's a pretty solid name d:

Xyrah
08-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Hi Cryodin,

Me and a friend would love to join your guild. Could you please give us some details?
Thanks,
Xyrah

Haxicon
08-31-2014, 09:22 PM
This could work! I've been planning on starting one for the Oceanic players aptly called "Oceanic Fleet" (RIP) with almost the same principle, i.e. guild creator acts as facilitator (site admin, guild facilitator in-game) but leaders including guild leaders and commanders are elected by (senior) members monthly or so through a poll to run and steer the guild. Sadly, I just got a new job and don't have the time anymore.

I'm interested in joining, as a member, no senior roles.

Just a suggestion though which I'm hoping you'd consider:

You're probably a web designer, but I'd say don't try to create a custom website from scratch. There are tons of Guild focus sites such as shivtr that are designed to be more functional an easier to use for Guilds and have pre-made functions that are invaluable for a large guild. i.e. Polls, Event Scheduling, Countdowns, Asset Tracking, Live Chat, etc. You already have a domain name, which makes it better, you can just use that domain.

Secondly, probably best to decide now and post on first page as to what server the guild is going, guild creed i.e. guild focus and guild moral i.e. is it alright to kill same factions. That way, people can decide straightaway whether they want to join or not.

We can use Open Beta for planning. The more structured and ready the guild is when open beta comes, the better it can plan for headstart, i.e. party leveling, landgrab, trade runs, expeditions, etc.

Just my two cents.. I want this to work as I really want to see a major Oceanic Guild that are both feared and respected in a server.

On another note, I vote Aranzeb as server as it's mostly NA players, don't see the fun in playing in a server whos playerbase will be mostly Oceanic as well, but that's just me. If you have not decided a server yet, a poll would be nice to see where everyone actually wants to go.

iknowyou
08-31-2014, 09:32 PM
@Jay sweet, it's nice to have experienced ppl on board :) will pm you when I get home or feel free to register on our almost done guild site http://www.royalcrusadeguild.com and we can communicate there with everyone else. Also I do like the sound of that name, it's too bad isn't it ? :P

@Xyrah sweet, head over to http://www.royalcrusadeguild.com and register as member. Most info except the guild structure, server, faction, vision is there. If you need anything else just pm me or ask there. Cheers.

To all: will be creating our official guild recruitment thread tonight.

iknowyou
08-31-2014, 10:41 PM
@haxicon thanks, that was a very informative read :) After checking out the available open source clan scripts I still decided to stick to the platform I am most accustomed to. Don't worry it has plenty of plugins for what you have mentioned. I am just as determined and excited as you in regards to this oceanic guild. Feel free to register on our site first http://www.royalcrusadeguild.com and we could perhaps chat there. Cheers!

Bohemoth
08-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Im interested but it depends on the guilds goals

iknowyou
09-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Im interested but it depends on the guilds goals
Heya I've just created our guild's official thread here which should answer your question.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?34367-OCEANIC-Royal-Crusade-Competitive-Casual-PvP-PvE-Trade-West-All-Time-Zones&p=367349#post367349

RenegadeZiM
09-01-2014, 10:05 PM
OP, I Pm'ed you. Let me know what you think.