PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Graphical glitches, including black textures/misloaded textures [RESOLVED]

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Update 12/21: Tomorrow's patch has a new graphics shader that may correct some of the issues players are experiencing regarding black textures. The patch will be on PTS, so we encourage players to try it out on the test server to see if it correctly fixes their issues.

Description: After the Winter Maiden Update, users began reporting issues regarding malfunctioning in-game textures. Problems include lower than expected framerate, black textures, textures that are slow to load, and the game loading the wrong textures

Status: XL has confirmed with us that this issue is not just affecting our region, but all ArcheAge regions (JP, RU, KR, NA & EU) after the most recent update. XL has traced the problem back to the CryTek engine itself, and are working on a fix that will be delivered to all publishers.

Galadriane
12-15-2015, 08:25 PM
now the big question :D has XL given a time frame for that fix to be delivered?

also, is there anything that we can do in the interim, at the client end, to alleviate the symptoms so the game can be somewhat playable. e.g. run in DX9? turn down/off some effects? etc?

Thanks you.

wooglemoogle
12-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Thank you so much for the update! Glad to see that the problem seems to have been identified.

EDIT: Nvm, misread some of the post.

MeioKilo
12-16-2015, 06:20 AM
NEED HELP
Since the new patch i cant play because my screen is all black,but i can hear and see the mouse,but cant even log in some server...already tryed everything and nothing can solve my problem,what should i do??

BrutLeX
12-16-2015, 07:05 AM
We found a fix for it right at the start, it's simple, just delete the Shaders temp in MyDocumets/Archeage/... and you won't encounter this problems again.

wooglemoogle
12-16-2015, 08:49 AM
We found a fix for it right at the start, it's simple, just delete the Shaders temp in MyDocumets/Archeage/... and you won't encounter this problems again.

Except that hasn't fixed it for everyone. In fact, for many it just makes it worse because you're forcing the cache to regenerate when for those players, slow regeneration is a symptom of the issue.

stupidgirl
12-16-2015, 08:55 AM
The fix for me:
Re-install archeage
Save a copy of the install location folder
Save a copy of the archeage folder in your my documents

Whenever you have a problem, close the game, delete these two folders and restore from your backup. I believe only the my documents archeage folder is needed, as it contains the cached info, but I do both.

TheChoi
12-16-2015, 09:51 AM

No, that's not the end-all. Many of us are still experiencing bad issues, that actually makes it worse for some having to reload those.

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-16-2015, 10:04 AM

also, is there anything that we can do in the interim, at the client end, to alleviate the symptoms so the game can be somewhat playable. e.g. run in DX9? turn down/off some effects? etc?

Thanks you.

XL has not yet given an ETA for when the fix will be implemented. However, the priority on this is very high, as it's affecting all regions of the game simultaneously.

Jingshen
12-16-2015, 11:29 AM
I've noticed that if you turn off the lighting options down at the very bottom of the window, it makes the load in time more bearable. I work with an SSD for archeage and disabling those settings dropped my laggy load in time from 2-3 mins to 5 seconds for textures to load in independently. So 5 seconds after one comes in, another one will. But keep in mind that's running archeage on an ssd

r3zs1ckn3ss
12-17-2015, 03:50 AM
Now we all know why it's called "Cry"tek. After update, not only did my shading and everything else GPU related go downhill, but all my properties were set to "Open to Public", and I lost all of my larders on both NA and EU. Of course who pays for it? Me. Oh well. All that work for nothing eh? Not that Trion cares about making it right. It's my loss, not theirs.

Khegobier
12-17-2015, 05:41 AM
XL has not yet given an ETA for when the fix will be implemented. However, the priority on this is very high, as it's affecting all regions of the game simultaneously.

While I'm sure the folks at XL will consider it a nuisance, if we could get daily updates on the status of this from XL's side/progress this would be great.

Galadriane
12-18-2015, 12:52 AM

thanks for the response. I hope that Trion won't be releasing 2.5 until this has been resolved. Far too many people have having those issues; it's also affecting people across all facets of the game, whether that's their ability to partake in a PvP Raid, dungeon or just do trade runs, which means AH prices are also impacted.

BJUmholtz
12-18-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm using an AMD system and haven't had any issues; I've actually picked up 5-10 FPS everywhere- not just in housing areas. I just wanted to note that not everyone has had a negative experience with the latest patch and I'm sorry that there are those that are.

I had black textures for about 5 minutes when I first booted up after the patch but everything in the cache rewrote as I stood still and then later as I ran around the outside of my house. I just made sure to fly my glider or have my horse/skateboard/hauler out for extended periods of time in order to force the rewrites.

Celestrata Bloodsong
12-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Update 12/21: Tomorrow's patch has a new graphics shader that may correct some of the issues players are experiencing regarding black textures. The patch will be on PTS, so we encourage players to try it out on the test server to see if it correctly fixes their issues.

MeioKilo
12-22-2015, 07:31 AM
ok,but i already lost all the event

Adacian
01-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Black screen issues still - playing and suddenly the screen goes black. You can hear the game but so far I end up having to hard boot the computer to get out of the game.

Lacunae
01-01-2016, 08:10 PM
I can't even get in to play the game. I log in to Glyph, select play, and get a small black screen with the music playing. That's it. This happened after yesterday with issues loading anything in the game and a serious lag and it's still the same now. I had chalked it up to being due to the new year or something, but seriously...

Lacunae
01-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Ok, I was able to log in today finally, but hardly any graphics are loading. Houses, farms, and gazebos are, but can't see my trees or storage chests, etc.

ncbwilson
01-05-2016, 06:50 AM
When I review my log files on two crashes I am still missing textures related to dwarves. Where can I find these textures?

Celestrata Bloodsong
01-13-2016, 09:41 AM
As the reports of this issue have completely died off, and the latter reports sound unrelated, we will be closing this thread as resolved.