PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Hunting

Kutter
04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
After seeing a few vids, i think i'd like to spend most of my time at sea, diving for treasure and fishing. How hard is it to get the speedboat craft and the diving equipment? And would it be a viable alternative to going out in the world and killing mobs?

Senichiro
04-14-2014, 06:04 PM
it isnt hard with a group if youre alone it can take some time more but in a group its easy to get it

Devergence
04-14-2014, 08:22 PM
12 hours resp time of treasures (RU OBT) and u r not alone who wanna will be rich. So u must spend A LOT OF time.

Koltar
04-15-2014, 02:03 AM
There is an island in Erring Sea where you can start a quest on part of a Diving Helm, something near here
Map (http://archeagegame.ru/archeage-map?l=en#11110803201754385964910000000000000000115 39511620848990000000000000000)
And you also should craft a Sextant and use ArcheAge Interactive Maps for faster treasure searching.

Better start diving in lvl 30+, because most of ships lies beneath lvl 35 monsters. And evade Medusas, they hits hard.

Sorry for mistakes.

Simsu
04-15-2014, 04:43 AM
As others have mentioned, getting these things is relatively easy. How long it will take will depend mostly on how many trade runs you're doing (to get the coins for the ship). Blacksmiths (any skill) can make the helmet and fins - and by the time you can make the ship there will probably be plenty of these on the auction house.

The diving helmet is really optional (adds 1 minute to your breath) because you'll be using the air tanks from your ship (10 minutes of breath). Fins are the important ones (30% swim speed).

You'll also need Air Bags (made by leather working) to bring up your treasure (for those that don't know, when you find sunken treasure, you need to float them to the surface before you can open them). These are fairly cheap and you could probably just as easily buy or craft them yourself.

And just a free note, because it's probably not on the videos. Once you spawn your ship, the air tanks need to charge up for 5 minutes before you can use them.

Voom
04-15-2014, 06:46 AM
How does Treasure Hunting compare to say, Trade Runs, in terms of profit?

VMBarbosa
04-15-2014, 06:53 AM
How does Treasure Hunting compare to say, Trade Runs, in terms of profit?

Trade runs are definitely more profitable. Treasure hunting I'd say is something you do for fun since finding the sunken ships and chests takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes and even then someone may have already taken the chest and you'll be left with a sunken boat. But you can find some really awesome stuff in those chests.

Forestcrow
04-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Getting the small ship didn't take so much time.
Doing some trading runs with donkey with friends will get you one.
diving set is also easy to get.
You will probably have most of materials when you hit 50.

Optimus Christ
04-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Not too long if you have money to buy the mats. The only thing that's the kicker is if you have enough labor points to create the resource backpacks and to actually add them to the construction site.

kiukiu
04-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Anyway its waste of time, u just overrate it now. Its just another cool feature for a game for those that feel bored. After finding few treasures i tried to calculate their worth and realized i could have earned it in my garden near my scarecrow, planting/harvesting rice more often.

Blasted
04-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Trade runs are definitely more profitable. Treasure hunting I'd say is something you do for fun since finding the sunken ships and chests takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes and even then someone may have already taken the chest and you'll be left with a sunken boat. But you can find some really awesome stuff in those chests.

Or be smart and save the spots where the wrecks are, that way you will always know where is the spot you have to go.

Aelos
04-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Or be smart and save the spots where the wrecks are, that way you will always know where is the spot you have to go.

Oh, you could save areas on the map? ^

Blasted
04-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Oh, you could save areas on the map? ^

You can save the position with the sextant and then use the http://archebox.ru/map to find them.