PDA

View Full Version : Server Busy = Endless Video loop

tentimes
08-12-2014, 08:48 AM
When trying to log on, when I get the server is busy, a video loop starts and continues ad infinitum. The client does not attempt to connect again and the only way to exit is to alt tab and close the program manually - forced close.

jay19dbfl
08-12-2014, 10:46 AM
same problem here any help?

Jestunhi
08-12-2014, 10:48 AM
same problem here any help?

What problem? Beta event starts 14th Aug, today is 12th Aug.

tayxcore
08-12-2014, 10:53 AM
What problem? Beta event starts 14th Aug, today is 12th Aug.

Because I don't know about them, but I have alpha acesss and still have this issue... Feel free to be less condescending. -_-

LtDarkstar
08-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Because I don't know about them, but I have alpha acesss and still have this issue... Feel free to be less condescending. -_-

Ya people have been a little crass with replies lately. What you need to do is copy your install to a folder called "alpha" and then select alpha from the upper right drop down menu to connect to that. If you select beta you will not be able to connect till Thursday. I don't know where the thread is but there is a thread floating around how to duplicate your game folder so you don't have to re-download the entire thing.

tayxcore
08-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks Darkstar, I was just online yesterday! The patch must have done something screwy. I appreciate the lead, I'll definitely look into it. :D

sadpriest
08-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Ya people have been a little crass with replies lately. What you need to do is copy your install to a folder called "alpha" and then select alpha from the upper right drop down menu to connect to that. If you select beta you will not be able to connect till Thursday. I don't know where the thread is but there is a thread floating around how to duplicate your game folder so you don't have to re-download the entire thing.
Yeah people should remember to be constructive ^_^.

Honestly, I am a beta so I understand that there are certain aspect of the game I should have not access to. However, I am experience a similar issue in that after I exit first cut scene the game crashes. I have never played the game, but I felt like I should least see a login screen or something to tell me... yes the game is working but you cannot log in.

So how does the glyph client work?

Jestunhi
08-13-2014, 06:15 AM

To be fair this thread is in a beta forum, not the alpha forum. And the beta forums are half full of people asking why they can't get in and has been for days (despite the start date of the beta being all over the forums, as well as listed on giveaways, etc), so apologies for getting sick to see people asking why they can't access the beta. ;)

Jestunhi
08-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Yeah people should remember to be constructive ^_^.

Honestly, I am a beta so I understand that there are certain aspect of the game I should have not access to. However, I am experience a similar issue in that after I exit first cut scene the game crashes. I have never played the game, but I felt like I should least see a login screen or something to tell me... yes the game is working but you cannot log in.

So how does the glyph client work?

I can assure you, that's normal. It's how it was before each previous beta events and it's how it is when the alpha servers are down.