PDA

View Full Version : Quillodon: Picking Quill's Brain

DevTracker
01-14-2016, 04:40 AM
I have another question for ya Quill. Not sure if you'll have the answer to this or not.Why did Trion opt to call the Sallium in Nuia "serfs" instead of "slaves?" Nearly every bit of Korean lore I read about them uses a term most commonly translated to "slave," and being that they are bought, sold, and iron-branded, I really think that the implication the term "slave" holds in a Western context is way more appropriate than "serfs." Can't tell you how many times I've had to argue about the lore with other players about the horrendous treatment of the Sallium because "they're only serfs, not slaves." Was it an easier term to stomach or was there some other reasoning behind the choice? You know, I've been waiting for someone to ask this question!The Sallium descendants in Two Crowns are second-class citizens. They are denied their basic rights, beaten without repercussion, and hunted down when they attempt to escape. They are property, and they live and die at the whim of their owners.There's basically only one word for that.The localization department has chosen to use the word "serf."Hope that clarifies some things.-Quill

Jump to post... (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?t=259084&p=2181103&viewfull=1#post2181103)