PDA

View Full Version : Reaper or Cutist currently?

Huckfin
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
I am recent returning player and I was wondering, since there has been many changes and adjustments since I was gone, what would be the better choice for all around PVE/PVP? Reaper or Cultist?

Thanks
Huckfin

Genkodrae
02-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Reaper and cultist are both mage class, so I would assume that you're using cloth set. Both skill set has sorcery & occultism which are pretty valuable in group PvPs. In the other hand, Occultism will be having a lot of trouble in 1v1 situation because it lacks CCs.

3rd skill set usually are for mobility and sustainability. If you want to be a very mobile mage be a Reaper. There are a lot of interesting combos that you could do, one example is: Shadowstep + Overwhelm + Hellspear + Crow + Freezing earth + Gods whip. It requires a lot of practice, patience and hand coordination.

I haven't used vitalism, but my thought about it, is that you could be a great use in PVE, because you can heal yourself and DPS at the same time. Well in PVP, you will be having a hard time dealing with Battlerage and Witchcraft user. For they will tripped and CC you.

I conclude that both skillset are useful in many different situations, however everything will always depend on your play style. I do recommend to check meta classes of mages like revenant and enigmatist. Also explore witchcraft tree, for it gives you a lot of control in PvP.

Huckfin
02-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Thanks for your input, very informative! So I have another question then. Is there any advantage to wearing leather or plate armor instead of cloth?

Genri
02-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Thanks for your input, very informative! So I have another question then. Is there any advantage to wearing leather or plate armor instead of cloth?

Cloth is better. You get bonuses like cast time reduction, skill damage increase etc.

I dont think there is any leather set that gives you proper stats to play a magic user. Some plate sets have some good stats but unless you are a mage tank, it is not that good.