gvilleuncfan
08-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Abolisher, sometimes blighter, and daggerspell

NightScream
08-13-2014, 10:53 PM
The counter to mobility is CC+Burst.

Alcyon83
08-13-2014, 10:57 PM
I would say Daggerspell, against "average" Darkrunner :)

Volktar
08-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Unless you get a jump on the DR and CC the hell out of him, the DR will eat a DS alive.
Id say probably blighter with more physical resistance and more access to CC.

stayhumble
08-14-2014, 05:33 AM
rettibution

Volktar
08-14-2014, 06:37 AM
Your best bet would probably be to go to Endah's DR thread and ask him what gives him the most troubles.
Hes the most experienced/geared DR Ive seen lurking here.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?16572-Darkrunning-1.2-feat.-eNDAH-(combat-guide)

gvilleuncfan
08-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Thats the case with all melees who have battlerage/shadowplay. As a daggerspell if i cant fear/sleep them and they get on me im toast. I can fear/sleep Darkrunners and wombo combo them. But if they get the jump then they will kill me in less than 5 secs.

endah
08-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Almost every class with witch / defense or a combination hardcounters DR in a pure 1v1 scenario. Not being able to sleep setup, nor being able to trip (redoubt) literally cripples us. There are workarounds, but theyre hard and assuming both players are of equal talent often times impossible. DR can just gib players that dont have a fleshed out understanding of control/positioning.

gvilleuncfan
08-14-2014, 09:19 AM

gvilleuncfan
08-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Almost every class with witch / defense or a combination hardcounters DR in a pure 1v1 scenario. Not being able to sleep setup, nor being able to trip (redoubt) literally cripples us. There are workarounds, but theyre hard and assuming both players are of equal talent often times impossible. DR can just gib players that dont have a fleshed out understanding of control/positioning.

So i was right. Any good abolisher/blighter will have redoubt, and a DS will fear/sleep/magic circle/meteor/arc/chainlightning. I took out a geared Darkrunner last night and have plenty others, both of us were in a war zone and stealthed. I picked up his stealth first because of Lens. AOE fear, sleep etc he didnt get a chance to touch me. But same would apply if he got the jump on me, its possible he would burst me down before i could fear him cause of the trips.

Now if you want a hard counter to Daggerspell it would def be a shadowblade. They can render our fear/sleep useless because they have WC themselves. And they hit almost as hard as a DR. They are a tough out for a DS esp if you dont get the drop.

Artamon
08-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Well played and geared defiler can destroy darkrunners quite consistently.

cloneslds
08-17-2014, 12:09 AM
Blighter is cool against it.

Arthron
08-18-2014, 01:47 PM
i was making Outrider in CBT3 and i realy enjoyed it, PVE is awsome archery skills mix well with Battlerage and makes very good dmg combos, i am wondering how's Outrider on PVP, i want to play nice solo PVP class which has fair chanced to other classes, but also is not very bad in group PVP, i really like Blighter/Darkrunner/Outrider class but cant decide.

so my question is:
Blighter has problem with (class) ?
Darkrunner has problem with (class) ?
Outider has problem with (class) ?
I am also considering Primeval (saw xusik vs endah) and it makes me confused...
endah play very well as Darkrunner...
Kutsu play very well as Blighter also Outrider( i want go more to Archery than Kutsu..dunno if this is good idea xD)
xusik play very well as Primeval

i am inspired cuz of them playing this classes, i think darkrunner is more "skill" class than other 2..dunno
pls help me decide guys

sry for my bad eng.

Kiyoko
08-18-2014, 04:15 PM
My strategy (I only go after other players who are "in my territory" while hunting mobs) is to wait for the other monster to take them down a bit, and then attack them while stealthed.

I went after this same guy 3 times, exactly the same way.

Things that I find a bit annoying:
Players that "run away" using their glider. PewPew, goodbye.
Players that can see through stealth and make a beeline towards you. I've only seen this happen once, but it was a bit annoying because it's makes it pretty obvious I can see you too.