PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Event 3 is Live!

Scapes
08-14-2014, 10:48 AM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/AA_POSE_01_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/closed-beta-event-3-is-live)

ArcheAge's Closed Beta Event 3: Blood & Bounty (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/beta/) has begun! This third event started at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) this morning and will run until the same time on Monday, August 18! Be sure to read our CBE3 announcement article (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/archeage-closed-beta-event-3/) for full details about this event! If you have more questions about ArcheAge Beta, please visit our FAQ (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/#beta).

Also, our third contest will be starting later today, so keep an eye out for it! We look forward to seeing you in ArcheAge!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/closed-beta-event-3-is-live/)

DromRekkin
08-14-2014, 10:49 AM
go crazy people

smokingtommy
08-14-2014, 10:51 AM
wish i could but it dose not even load only get black screen ><

Redge
08-14-2014, 10:53 AM
woooooaaaa not enough server

disconnected everywhere

n hard get in without god disconnected you -_-'

idk what to do lol was planning on playing xD cant go on aranzeb where my first char is cuz at first it say 3 min waiting list then 12 than 22 min than increase again thats crazy

Alajana
08-14-2014, 10:57 AM
i canīt update always get errorcode 1005 already asked the support he told me everything is fine but i can not connect or update it
y.y

HolyAvengerOne
08-14-2014, 11:53 AM
YAYY!!! Happy CBE3 everybody!!

kaos
08-14-2014, 11:54 AM
YAYAY High pops and Queues all around... Joy for everyone

Scapes
08-14-2014, 12:01 PM
woooooaaaa not enough server

disconnected everywhere

n hard get in without god disconnected you -_-'

idk what to do lol was planning on playing xD cant go on aranzeb where my first char is cuz at first it say 3 min waiting list then 12 than 22 min than increase again thats crazy

wish i could but it dose not even load only get black screen ><

Be sure to check our ArcheAge support page for help: http://support.trionworlds.com

i canīt update always get errorcode 1005 already asked the support he told me everything is fine but i can not connect or update it
y.y

This is likely a hard drive space issue. Are you getting a message saying you don't have enough room?

Satarius
08-14-2014, 12:05 PM
So many players... wow. It's awesome, but I still got no beta key, just my friends.

eslehto
08-14-2014, 12:36 PM
The lauch of CTB3 has been going on; Have fun guys, I didn't receive a new key. I'll see u at Open Beta.

Fester
08-14-2014, 12:39 PM
So, no new patches or changes? Normally when you have Beta's. you make changes and updates from CBT1 to CBT3.

Nina
08-14-2014, 12:40 PM
So, no new patches or changes? Normally when you have Beta's. you make changes and updates from CBT1 to CBT3.

there was a 800mb patch:/ and the patch note is here http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?25593-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.5-Patch-Notes

Fester
08-14-2014, 12:45 PM
there was a 800mb patch:/ and the patch note is here http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?25593-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.5-Patch-Notes

What the poop, why isn't listed in news and updates!

Phillypop
08-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Just thought I'd post a little note that the game requires an NTFS file system. tried installing to my external (via the Glyph downloader) and it'd error out at around the 1gb mark with error 1003 even after uninstalling my a/v software and completely disabling the windows firewall. Reformatted the drive to ntfs (from exfat) using windows's convert method and now it continues on. Devs may want to put that in the system requirements info (likely a file thats larger then 2gb or more then 255 files in a single sub folder or something to do with exfat/fat32's limitations) or something. Bummer is, I restarted the download 3x before I figured this out, 12hrs wasted and missed the beta start time, and still have 6hrs left on the download :( Wish it worked like Rift and let you play off a minimal install and download the other content as you play.

Scapes
08-14-2014, 12:54 PM
What the poop, why isn't listed in news and updates!

It was in our CBE3 announcement: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?25595-ArcheAge-Closed-Beta-Event-3

blaze
08-14-2014, 01:03 PM
win 8.1 error 1005 no fixes work, i download the game 6 times and still not work = (

Phillypop
08-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Question: is the beta all open as tho we were subscribing/paying or are the free-to-play restrictions in effect? I'd love to tinker with the player housing system and other things that are not available to the free-to-play'ers. and will the free-to-play restrictions include the auction system like in rift? or will i actually be able to post & sell off the epic drops i get without spamming trade channels and doing CoD sales via mail... I'm still trying to unload the pile of snowmen I got last winter..

Edit: Ok, answered the second question myself after a bit of forums lurking, http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/archeage-patron-program-apex/ auction is in fact restricted for free-to-play'ers. but yeah, still want to know if we are restricted during beta or if we get a temp patron status for the event.

Godmode
08-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Downloaded Patch last night-Check/ Left Work Early-Check/ Try to log on-fail. After trying everything possible I am re installing. So in about 2 hours I can try to log in once more. I love the game but I purchased a founder pack so I could have early access. I do not care about the cash shop currency being equal to the money I spent which is what most people point out in my situation. Fact of the matter is I spent money to play. Its quite frustrating rearranging my life for a game and dealing with these problems tops it off. Is it possible to implement a file check? Funniest thing is I got a feeling Im going to court shortly after logging in and most likely will be in jail after. I haven't purchased an Alpha key Founder Pack because from what Ive heard most of the land is taken and its hard to build. I know you guys at Trion are working hard and trying to correct the issues as fast as possible. Keep of the good work and please take my comment with a grain of salt. Im just venting because I really cant wait to play.

Godmode
08-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Just thought I'd post a little note that the game requires an NTFS file system. tried installing to my external (via the Glyph downloader) and it'd error out at around the 1gb mark with error 1003 even after uninstalling my a/v software and completely disabling the windows firewall. Reformatted the drive to ntfs (from exfat) using windows's convert method and now it continues on. Devs may want to put that in the system requirements info (likely a file thats larger then 2gb or more then 255 files in a single sub folder or something to do with exfat/fat32's limitations) or something. Bummer is, I restarted the download 3x before I figured this out, 12hrs wasted and missed the beta start time, and still have 6hrs left on the download :( Wish it worked like Rift and let you play off a minimal install and download the other content as you play.
Thats sucks my download is only about 2 hours for the 24Gigs... Sorry bro

lordsamuel45
08-14-2014, 01:32 PM
satarius my friend and me have a invitation for the beta but me i'm a alpha player

Zepher
08-14-2014, 01:36 PM
The starting are is always so crowded at the start...I would be nice if monsters spawn faster...

Phillypop
08-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Downloaded Patch last night-Check/ Left Work Early-Check/ Try to log on-fail. After trying everything possible I am re installing. So in about 2 hours I can try to log in once more. I love the game but I purchased a founder pack so I could have early access. I do not care about the cash shop currency being equal to the money I spent which is what most people point out in my situation. Fact of the matter is I spent money to play. Its quite frustrating rearranging my life for a game and dealing with these problems tops it off. Is it possible to implement a file check? Funniest thing is I got a feeling Im going to court shortly after logging in and most likely will be in jail after. I haven't purchased an Alpha key Founder Pack because from what Ive heard most of the land is taken and its hard to build. I know you guys at Trion are working hard and trying to correct the issues as fast as possible. Keep of the good work and please take my comment with a grain of salt. Im just venting because I really cant wait to play.

Near as I can tell the glyph downloader uses some form of p2p download (my network monitor detects multiple connections from it to multiple sources) which in theory should include some form of file check (likely MD5 Hash checks per-block like the torrent-based downloaders a certain cold mmo company uses) but yeah I agree it should have some form of verify files option from the launcher as well. Maybe they'll release it to steam as well in the future like they did with rift and then we can use steam's verify files feature. I'm gonna be absolutely livid if I waited 2 days for this download and it doesnt even work, and this after spending my hard-earned (lol) raptr points on a beta key.

Phillypop
08-14-2014, 01:42 PM

Meh, I blame my ISP and their throttling.. downside to "unlimited bandwidth" is they reserve the right to restrict the speed based on usage. some days I cant even watch youtube without waiting for the buffer to load completely. I've gotten kinda used to it tho, rarely do I download anything this huge.

Alderez
08-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Mine took a half hour. Do I win?

Zepher
08-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Mine took a half hour. Do I win?

The only one who would win are Users of Google fiber and if we take it to the extreme ... NASA

Villogos
08-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Is Alpha stopped during Beta? I updated my Alpha and it shows it's been updated but the "play" button changes back to update. It then verifies that my update is complete then goes back to my only option is to update again.

Anyone?

Princess Miyafuji
08-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Is Alpha stopped during Beta? I updated my Alpha and it shows it's been updated but the "play" button changes back to update. It then verifies that my update is complete then goes back to my only option is to update again.

Anyone?

Yeah, same here, but it does the same foe the beta folder, not just Alpha, it updated successfully, but then there is no play button, only update button again, which when you press it does not download anything over, it just says it has been updated already/successfully. I also have a backup and indeed the file is bigger so it has been, just the play button does not appear.

Edit: Tested on other computer, exactly the same thing.

Villogos
08-14-2014, 03:09 PM
OK I just updated my NA Beta and it allows me to play the Beta. But same issue if I just want to play Alpha. Only option is to Update even after I've updated.

So does that mean Alpha is truly down while Beta is running? I remember the first 2 beta events I was still able to play on the Alpha servers.

legoxxx
08-14-2014, 04:18 PM
When i click play, it starts loading but when its loaded nothing happens, can anyone help me? I tried support but i found nothing there.

Gightrunner
08-14-2014, 06:04 PM
No point in paying for beta testing if you can't get access because the servers are full. New WoW release looks more inviting!

EricsoNN
08-14-2014, 06:08 PM
hello people, I'm in the game more when I choose a server is connecting and nothing else, since choose all servers, 4 are hight and 1 is up and one is busy, I await response.

mmmbeefy
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Running into similar issues, stuck on connecting to server.

Adormas
08-14-2014, 06:22 PM
I keep getting the message "The gods have disconnected you. Check network status..."
Mildly annoying, since there is no official announcement about this error yet.

Minka
08-14-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm also stuck in endless "Connecting..." queue even though my server is only stated as being in High population; however, as of my last few attempts, I'm now just getting DISCONNECTED instead of the endless cycle! Oh this is much less frustrating. :-/

Kayli
08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
I was one that was invited and all i keep getting now is the gods have disconnected me and before you ask if i have enough room. I might be blonde but I know enough to see when my computer says 396 gb of free space. I got in way earlier but now its this issue. I really was hoping for another great experience but really cant have that if I keep getting Gods have diconnect me check your internet or see alerts which im clueless as to where the alerts are. As far as my internet i have the option of going wireless on my desktop but im not im connected directly to my router. I just want to play I got addicted the last beta :(

Inariele
08-14-2014, 06:34 PM
no connection possible to servers (NA)

WarpOs
08-14-2014, 06:35 PM
They launched a Glyph(aka worst content manager ever, winning over Origin one) update as soon as the live support closed. Do I need to say more?

akarath
08-14-2014, 06:36 PM
I was playing and having a great time.Then Bam The gods have disconnected you. Check network status... GRRRRR.Love the game so far and am really thinking of paying into this game.Did i do something wrong are are the servers just booting people off.

Fairymoon
08-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Trying to connect in Aranzeb for the last 2 hours and i getting "Connecting..."
There is not GM online to tell us what is going on and how long will take to fix it?

adjidica
08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I was stuck on the connecting... part. Went to this site and it told me I had to change my pw and update security questions. Did that and added the mobile authenticator. Now I get the "the gods have disconnected you" message.

giblet37
08-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Same issue, disconnected upon trying to join any server. Hooray for betas.

Malekon
08-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Supposed to be many "fixes"/workarounds to get the gods not to hate you. Started thinking, why do I need to fix my computer, it's not broke.

WarpOs
08-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Got to connect to Tahyang and Salphira, but no luck with Naima or Ollo... So its not here the problem, so, FIX YOUR S]-[IT TRIONWORLDS!

--edit--
Got to connect to another server, but not Naima

Breall
08-14-2014, 06:47 PM
seems everyone is having the same problem I'm having... that's at least some consolation.

Skitchy
08-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Same here.....not able to connect on any server

gohancain
08-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Getting the same thing about the god's disconnecting you.

Meconium
08-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Same here!!!!

NeonBeat
08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
error 1005 shouldn't be space issue because i have 50+ gb of space left just for gaming and i got same issue :/, please help

LordRavenger
08-14-2014, 07:08 PM
i got error 1016 when i run glyph.. please help fix.. :(

Scapes
08-14-2014, 07:09 PM
The connectivity issue affecting Naima, Kyrios, and Ollo should now be resolved.

NeonBeat
08-14-2014, 07:15 PM
The connectivity issue affecting Naima, Kyrios, and Ollo should now be resolved.

error 1005 shouldn't be space issue because i have 50+ gb of space left just for gaming and i got same issue :/, please help

HellBoundGamer
08-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Just wondering about Aranzeb's connectivity issues. Everyone I'm playing with is getting disconnected by the gods repeatedly.

Blocknorak
08-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Ever since I started the Beta 3 my icons have been all blurry. After searching around I have found that this person is having the exact same problems. http://archeagesource.com/topic/2685-icons-pictures/
Plz Fix.

legoxxx
08-15-2014, 12:22 AM
When i click play, it starts loading but when its loaded nothing happens, can anyone help me? I tried support but i found nothing there.

senzai
08-15-2014, 12:38 AM
is this the last cb?

Loonloon
08-15-2014, 01:00 AM
Someone has been working very very hard,
The game is so much stable and wonderful.

Thank you for all the hard work!!!

I really enjoy playing now, wishing live servers would come up soon so i can keep my progress ;)

Trios
08-15-2014, 01:49 AM
EU servers still are not working for me. I have great internet and computer performance and a reasonable amount of space SCAPES WE PRAY TO YOU OF ALL TRION GODS TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

Zaskarel
08-15-2014, 01:52 AM

I am having the same issue, can't get past glyph to get into the game

JustMeSpike
08-15-2014, 03:10 AM
Hello,me and a couple of my friends are trying to connect to the Archeage servers (both North American and EU) for the past 2 and a half hours with no succes, keep getting that "The gods have ..." error , neither one of us has managed to get passed that error. It's becoming very anoying.

Anyone can tell us how to get passed it? Or should we just stop trying to connect to Archeage because its too glytched/bugged and we shouldnt waste our time anymore with the game?

Waiting for a reply, thank you.

Kitzle
08-15-2014, 03:35 AM

Same issue for me. Any fix/solution for it yet?

Emerald1235
08-15-2014, 03:54 AM

Same issue for me. Any fix/solution for it yet?

Same happens to me, I click the play button but nothing happens?

Dominic1354
08-15-2014, 05:01 AM
Yep, same thing happened with me, i click the play button and nothing happens, i re-installed the game and still nothing happens when i press the play button, it loads for like 1 second and then it stops and i just stay on the glyph launcher screen.
And if a moderator is finally willing to help, don't ask us to re-install the game since that doesn't help at all.

Jannick
08-15-2014, 06:11 AM
Same here.

billyo
08-15-2014, 06:13 AM
works ok here not a problem

Mysetsy
08-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Just wondering about Aranzeb's connectivity issues. Everyone I'm playing with is getting disconnected by the gods repeatedly.

Is this an issue that only happens to select servers? I made a character on Salphira and I'm getting this error each time I select my character.

If the answer is already said in this thread, sorry for bringing it up again. o.o

legoxxx
08-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Is this forum alive?

Satarius
08-15-2014, 02:07 PM
I bought me in the closed beta and I have no problems. Just perfect!

legoxxx
08-15-2014, 02:17 PM
No one cares if u have no problems lol

legoxxx
08-16-2014, 05:01 AM
Ok i downloaded the game again and it works now.

KageOni
08-17-2014, 03:54 PM
do we get anything special when we join this event ?

BumBle
08-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Same, for a closed a beta, from day 1 I haven't ran into any problems.

Im am tho, very sad for beta to be ending. :(

Vangald
08-18-2014, 10:30 AM
I heard that there will be at least one more CB event before Open Beta. Is this true?

Zepher
08-18-2014, 10:32 AM
I heard that there will be at least one more CB event before Open Beta. Is this true?

yup.. CBE4 is on its way

Bunnyleptic
08-18-2014, 11:09 AM
yup.. CBE4 is on its way

Where did you get the source of that information??

SoulStrike
08-18-2014, 11:52 AM
yup.. CBE4 is on its way

Source, please?

Pochmurny
08-18-2014, 01:56 PM
This was the first event i get into, and all i can say is "this game is amazing".

Got some connection problem on the first day (Dahuta server), but after switching to Eanna everything was smooth. I was surprised how well this game is optimalized - my computer isn't that powerful but i was playing on max settings with stable 60 fps.

Flaws:
- there is way to less archeum dust/shards, it's stopping some professions to much
- playing as a Nuian i felt like cats are everywhere - were race restrictions active?

Cya, hopefully in CBT4;)

Bojangles
08-18-2014, 02:02 PM
For those asking about CBT4, if you refer to Trion's livestream last week they mentioned that CBT3 was not the last CBT, which is why it's safe to say there will be a CBT4. Not sure if that will be the last CBT before Open Beta, so that remains to be seen until Trion gets back to us.

Yrian
08-18-2014, 02:03 PM
yes bad that was finished the CB3, hopefully the CB 4 will start soon :o:o

kalash
08-18-2014, 02:12 PM
They said they will do at least 2 more (5 CBT Events in total) before Open Beta, so there is still more time and changes for everyone attending CBT to learn the game and stress tests.. I just want to know if possibly Alpha can stay up during Open Beta. If not I'll probably wait OB out till headstart ^^

mr1black
08-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Hello, I can't stop myself of wanting to share my impressions about the game. I came in not expecting much. I'm mostly SP gamer and usually find MMOs tedious at best. Even such great names as Star Wars, universe which I adore dearly, couldn't keep my attention for long. Most of the quests were rapidly turning into same battles I've done already 100s of times and all the other different occupations like tie fighting were shallow and very grindy.
AA managed to break through that barrier with astonishing speed. I started my Harani char expecting boring and uninspired starting quests, but slowly over the first 10 levely my stance changed completely.
Having a mount at such an early stage helped a lot. Having freedom to do many things without much grindy penalty like farming early helped even more. The story intrigued me and I started wanting to hear more. Graphic was unexpectedly beautiful and the world seemed organic and inspired. By the time I saw great mining slope and had the opportunity to glide off of that great mountain, I was thoroughly hooked. That was what I was looking for in so many MMOs. That sense of exploration with real consequences (rewards) to exploring, that sense of wonder and adventure SP games like Skyrim can produce so (much more) easy and MMO games often struggle with. It's a shame Beta ended. I'll do my best to get an invite again. Awesome job you did there, Trion!

Lous
08-18-2014, 05:58 PM
The game is fantastic !!!!!!!! =)

My machine is not good and still managed to play well. I had trouble connecting on the first day, but I believe that others also had.

The developers are to be congratulated, managed to create a complete MMORPG with gorgeous concept art, incredible gameplay, excellent system builds, dungeons with clever mechanics and immersive storyline.

I found just the uncomfortable fact as the LP and archeum dust / shards are achieved in the game. At max level you can get a bit annoying to get, but I do not know, I hope to max level and find out =)

Currently (8 years =)) play WoW (World of Warcraft), is likely to have arisen a game that will make me and my friends leave WoW aside.

Hope is the next event! or Open Beta and finally, LIVE!

(Sorry my english, but i had comment.)

AmazonCheesecake
08-18-2014, 06:01 PM
I learned of ArcheAge shortly before CB2, signed up, and was able to receive an invite. During that CB, I was only able to play for short periods of time, and when I did, I experienced horrible lag, but I expect it was because I tried playing during peak hours.

Even though my play time was short, I enjoyed what I saw/experienced, and started watching Youtube videos to get a better idea of what all the game was about.

Upon learning of CB3, I didn't receive an invite, but was able to easily find and redeem a key. I think I spent every waking/free moment in game... It is very addicting, and there is so many things to do. I did solo the majority of my time in game, and died quite often, but that didn't stop me. Even though crafting and trade runs can take up a large amount of time, I find that they are a great part of the game. I've never been a hardcore dungeon player, and get bored quickly with just fighting, so experiencing a game with such a variety of activities really impresses me.

I did purchase the Silver pack, to allow me to play future betas, and to support a game that I fully enjoy. If money allows, I will try to get the Archeum pack to have more play time on Alpha. If not, then I will be playing every beta that comes. :)

I Have recommended this game so several gaming friends of mine, so hopefully they will check it out as well in the future.

Note: I also have a very crappy machine (Walmart special that's several years old). Even though I didn't get quite the detail that most would, even on low, the game plays very smoothly, and still has great detail, which I was very surprised to see.

Andrun
08-18-2014, 06:22 PM
yup.. CBE4 is on its waySource, please?

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/555642676 (Jump to 20:30)

They mention there will at least be CBT4 before Open Beta begins, and that everything will be wiped at the end of Open Beta.

EDIT: Oops, looks like they pre-empted us all. :) http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/archeage-closed-beta-event-4/

Malekon
08-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Hey, just two more cents... :D CBE3 was my first chance to try this game. If you look at minimum requirements, well that my system. I was plagued with Gods Disconnect like many others. Some never got to play :( I managed to log a few hours myself . First time I got in I played for 8 hours (was afraid to quit lol). Game played great during that time and didn't notice til later that graphics was at max. Next day was back in bad favor with the gods, but was all smiles for those 8 hours :) Looking forward to CBE4. Oh and I really need a serious upgrade if I wanna PvP. :D

Reznal
08-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Could have been net connection? I personally played the whole Beta 3 event with not 1 disconnection, only a few lag spikes.

Malekon
08-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Reznal , bet it was. Didn't trace route but am pretty sure it was bogged down somewhere. Using Road Runner.

Sevel
08-19-2014, 04:45 PM
This game is pretty awesome so far. Keep up the good work! -hands down-

Flamekeeper
08-22-2014, 11:06 PM
i press play and get told of a bunch of erorrs wtf useless if any one knows how to fix it halla