PDA

View Full Version : Good ship captain's build?

Moleman
02-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Hiya'all,

I want to get into using my merchant ship to run trade packs with a handful of friends, and also to patrol the sea's looking for reds to gank and steal packs from.

What is a good build as the captain of the ship in either/both situations? I have an alt that has >lvl 50 in Witch/Occ/SP. Kinda sure I want to keep Witch Occult just for the push backs and CC.

Many thanks!

Calim
02-24-2016, 04:31 PM
You got it!

CC is king on the sea. If you can push people off your boat, they can't take it. If you push everyone off their boat their is no one left to fight.

For boarding, gap closers ensure you can catch the boat and board. Shadow step is great for 20m no miss landing (provided you have sight now, since they fixed/tweaked it a bit).
Also, AoE CC and dmg can wipe an enemy deck.
Teleports are great for running or closing as movement in water is slowed.

As the Captain you are already tanky but depending on what you want you can run defense/defensive skills to be even more tanky (ie. unkillable minus kraken spear).

Arrows can soften targets before boarding, but then battlerage can just kill targets from similar range.. RIP archery!

I'll let the experts weigh in though :cool:

Kav
02-24-2016, 05:44 PM
^ Pretty much nailed it.
With Fortress there isn't a chance of losing a fight if there's no one left on board to fight.
You'll need at least 1 mobility tree - so either Auramancy's Teleport or SP's Shadowstep.
The last one depends entirely on how you see fit - Witchcraft lets you do wonders when you're on board, and since you'll most likely be going up against smaller groups it's a better choice than Occult.

Pretty much these skill trees are designed to hijack a boat, period.
You TP/Shadowstep in, Fortress/Banshee/Dahutas Breath as you see fit, & keep Bubble/Whisper/Mudhand for anyone still on the boat.

Darsy
02-26-2016, 01:02 AM
Defiler = best ship captain as Defender.
CC from Witchcraft
Tank from Defense + Fortress
Occult for Hellspear (If used correctly you will send people to the ground of the ocean), Mana Force and Cripling Mire while going back on the wheel :O