PDA

View Full Version : current dark runner what is best?dw or 2h?

Matuscha
02-24-2016, 05:45 PM
ok im currently dark runner i know they run off leather gear but im trying to find out what would be better for weapon wise and what luna sockets are best.

ive been told focus is the best and some times if i want good global attack or something like that dw is my best suggestion and since dual weilding means 2 hidden buffs.

i honestly want to find either the best dw items or 2 hander i should be going for.

if anyone can help out in telling me how i should gear weapon wise this would be greatly appreciated. ive fallen in love with abolisher and dark runner as my main 2 classes and i wanna try and work with them both. so in your opinion what are the 2 best dw weapons and which 2 hander is best in a rating system by you. i wanna see how many people vote on this or that so i can figure out what i should buy.

Nodoze
02-25-2016, 07:31 AM
ok im currently dark runner i know they run off leather gear but im trying to find out what would be better for weapon wise and what luna sockets are best.

ive been told focus is the best and some times if i want good global attack or something like that dw is my best suggestion and since dual weilding means 2 hidden buffs.

i honestly want to find either the best dw items or 2 hander i should be going for.

if anyone can help out in telling me how i should gear weapon wise this would be greatly appreciated. ive fallen in love with abolisher and dark runner as my main 2 classes and i wanna try and work with them both. so in your opinion what are the 2 best dw weapons and which 2 hander is best in a rating system by you. i wanna see how many people vote on this or that so i can figure out what i should buy.If I was focusing on only DR I personally would be looking to get a really strong 2Hander (Nodachi most likely). Ideally if you can get into a guild that farms the Dragon you can get a free one that is really nice.

That being said you said you also want to play Abolisher also as one of your main classes so that pushes you towards a one-handed weapon.

In this game your most important investment by far is your main hand weapon (main-1H or 2H weapon) as it can be anywhere from 65-80% of your overall power. Going 2H means fewer things to invest in and socket/etc and can be great but it does limit your options and classes you can play (no shield for defense, etc). A one hander can still do good DPS and you can add an inexpensive offhand to help (a Cold Anguish is a good inexpensive re-saleable starter offhand).

With the above in mind the proto-typical investment to unlock both DR & Abolisher would be in a Divine+ T4+ Obsidian Sword v2 (with the crit damage passive) but I would also at least consider hybrid weapons.

Personally I went for a ShortSpear (SS) as it has a great passive (bypass physical defense), has top notch DPS, and is a great Healer weapon as well. Even if you only use the self healing for farming as a Dervish it can be worth it (unlimited mana/health with no pots while farming with no downtime). A ShortSpear can open up Paladin, Argent, Templar, etc for you while still being good for DR or Abolisher.

If you think you may want to one day try Magic you could go with a Katana but to me it is less synergistic than SS.

kokokokoko
02-25-2016, 07:52 AM
If you join a guild that does red dragon then the nodachi is a far better path. Pair that with full armor pen accessories (lightning necklace, gale earrings, gale rings (serpentis final version or gha final version when you get it), and full armor pen gems in your lute/bow.

You can reach 1.5-2k armor pen without the BR passive 2k armor pen, so around 4k pen total.

I'd probably mix flame with obsidian gear, maybe a gale bow for more crit, or lightning.

If you get the red dragon sword then that works as well, and you'll be able to go abolisher.

Trusivraj
02-25-2016, 09:58 AM
2h Darkrunners can hit at amazing speeds. Your only problem would be derp bashing redoubts and dw darkrunners. I vote RD nordachi.