PDA

View Full Version : Dawncaller build and suggestions

emellgee
02-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I'm fairly new to AA (about 3 months, my friends that were already playing have helped me to get decently geared) and am new to songcraft builds, so could use some help with Dawncaller. It seems like it may be an underplayed class with quite a bit of potential. Battle + defense is impossible to make a bad class with, anyway.

I have 5.8k gs with divine t4 & t5 leather and an epic t6 sword v2 and epic t4 shield v1.

Here is my starting point: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/389183

Could use input and suggestions, thanks!

Edit: so far, I seem to be losing against good players due to eating cooldowns to keep songs going. This may be a l2p issue, but maybe someone has tips?

ligerzero
02-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Songs should really only be used in reaction or after the confirmation of cc. The biggest trap that I see players fall into is wasting global CDs on songs when there are better things to do. For example, you should play bloodeychantey after a trip confirm, say you confirm the ss-bullrush trip then you play bc and then go into bel/charge trip combo. Basically think of it as a bonus, not a core part of your rotation. Don't be that guy that pops bulwark instead of redoubt when a dr messes up their trip combo.