PDA

View Full Version : Improvements to ArcheAge Patching on Glyph

Scapes
08-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Adventurers,

We've been hearing your feedback and are pleased to announce that patching ArcheAge on Glyph is about to become an easier experience. Starting today with our Alpha servers and following CBE3 for our Beta servers, Glyph will have the following changes:

Decrease average download size for patches (though some patches of course will still be large).
Decrease space requirements to patch games (approximately the size of the actual download, so 25 GB free to install, as opposed to 50 GB previously).
Enable network-level compression to speed up transfers and make downloads go faster.
Add a repair option like other Trion games.
Allow direct patching between any two versions of ArcheAge.
This update will require a one-time conversion of your Glyph client which will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Failing to upgrade will cause Error 1005 which results when the old Glyph client tries to interpret the new patching format (and fails). You'll need to restart Glyph to pick up the update.

We continuing to improve the Glyph client and your feedback helps. Feel free to share your experience with us via email (mailto:glyph-feedback@trionworlds.com).

Savage Newb
08-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Heres my experience... I'm stuck on an Update loop for Archeage Alpha... tried re-installing Glyph and did not work.

I dont want to re-download the whole game... again..

HELP!

Agrivane
08-14-2014, 03:46 PM
I am having the same problem, Glyph displays an Update button which verifies the files that were downloaded the first time it updated, then returns to an Update button. Restarting Glyph did not resolve the issue.

Horangi2Kill
08-14-2014, 03:49 PM
I am having the same infinite loop issue, Tried restarting client and my computer no luck.

flesh
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Same problem also.

Curt209
08-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Same problem. Restarted my Glyph and now its downloading the game again x.x So much for playing today :c

DesertYeti
08-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Beta starts up fine, but didn't feel like sitting in an hour long queue. Went to start up my alpha (which I updated yesterday) and got hit with an update. Now I'm also stuck in this infinite update loop.

Rondolf
08-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Yup someone forgot to tell the alpha server patcher what the right update number was..... patched... verified installation and then stuck at update.... close glyph... reopen given update option for alpha server hit update no download just verifies and then says you have the current version then bounces back to update as the only option....

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 04:05 PM
i have updated 3 times now lol so i closed glyph and restarted it still says update so im updating again been trying now for 40 minutes hopefully this gets fixed fast lol also im on alpha.

Rondolf
08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
it's a ruse to get us to jump onto the beta servers as they all work fine

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 04:08 PM
it's a ruse to get us to jump onto the beta servers as they all work fine

that may be the case hopefully trion wouldnt do that to us.

Yuisoku
08-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Finally Glyph will not need always x2 game files before installing¨

And people spam update/play button, at somepoint game starts if lucky

Horangi2Kill
08-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Hey guys I just tried the repair button, it still says "update" after i updated but I am able to get into alpha. the repair button is accessible by right clicking the ArcheAge symbol in glyph. Hope it helps you all aswell

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Hey guys I just tried the repair button, it still says "update" after i updated but I am able to get into alpha. the repair button is accessible by right clicking the ArcheAge symbol in glyph. Hope it helps you all aswell
trying it out but i clicked repair now its downloading 21gb i dont know of what but thats what happened when i clicked repair

Aahz
08-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi, guys--thanks for the feedback. We're actively working on this issue and I expect a fix shortly. If we find a workaround, we'll post it here.

/aahz

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Hi, guys--thanks for the feedback. We're actively working on this issue and I expect a fix shortly. If we find a workaround, we'll post it here.

/aahz
thank you for the update

Horangi2Kill
08-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Sorry to hear that, mine didn't try to reinstall 21 gb! at least they are on the fix :D!

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, mine didn't try to reinstall 21 gb! at least they are on the fix :D!

thank you for your condolences lol it means alot that you care :D

Horangi2Kill
08-14-2014, 04:18 PM
we're all in Alpha together! We must support each other to make the best community possible!

Rondolf
08-14-2014, 04:19 PM
spam clicking on the grey update button after it does the verify sequence seems to have let me in.....

Zendule
08-14-2014, 04:33 PM
WTB new QA team :D

islander914
08-14-2014, 04:36 PM
having same problem I have successfully updated Alpha twice and still wants to update, will try the repair and see if that works,

Sawoff
08-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Why Glyph installer making me download my Alpha version all over again

Litvan
08-14-2014, 04:42 PM
Tried to fix mine with repair and presto, 21gb download -.-

Next time you update the launcher.. make sure it works... ok?

Bigglesworth
08-14-2014, 04:50 PM
same problem here for the past hour, now it just freezes up (then crashes) when I hit update. *edit* now I have to re-download 21g? ug.

Jack Xander
08-14-2014, 04:50 PM
WTB Plushie (for real tho) ign: Ship

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 04:51 PM
WTB Plushie (for real tho) ign: Ship

you know there is a thread from trading with other players dont you? and if you dont know that you may need to look through the forum pages links :D

Twinker
08-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Having same probs here. I tried to force updated to restart and now it wants me to download the entire program. I know this is alpha, but an update from trion would be appreciated.

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Having same probs here. I tried to force updated to restart and now it wants me to download the entire program. I know this is alpha, but an update from trion would be appreciated.

check the properties on your game folder, bet its down to 200 mb

Jack Xander
08-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Haha aight thx bro, Just wanted to also have the side effect of bumping this thread since Im having the same problem and can't annoy people on Alliance chat about plushies :/

Because i cant get into game........

Aagien
08-14-2014, 04:55 PM
I wonder if the glyph client actually updated correctly. Since it only took me a min or less to update the client and he says it should take around 15min.

Adventurers,

We've been hearing your feedback and are pleased to announce that patching ArcheAge on Glyph is about to become an easier experience. Starting today with our Alpha servers and following CBE3 for our Beta servers, Glyph will have the following changes:

Decrease average download size for patches (though some patches of course will still be large).
Decrease space requirements to patch games (approximately the size of the actual download, so 25 GB free to install, as opposed to 50 GB previously).
Enable network-level compression to speed up transfers and make downloads go faster.
This update will require a one-time conversion of your Glyph client which will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Failing to upgrade will cause Error 1005 which results when the old Glyph client tries to interpret the new patching format (and fails). You'll need to restart Glyph to pick up the update.

We continuing to improve the Glyph client and your feedback helps. Feel free to share your experience with us via email (mailto:glyph-feedback@trionworlds.com).

Knowideawho
08-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Same issue here. Eternal looping of update..verifying...successfully updated...update. =(
Trying to spam it.
I need to feed and clip my geese!

Edit-Spamming worked. YAY!

Ariwen
08-14-2014, 04:59 PM
WTB new QA team :D

Yeah! Stupid 10 character minimum

Bigglesworth
08-14-2014, 05:02 PM
just checked my alpha game folder and it appears that the updater deleted the game_pak (21g) file, trying to copy the beta pack over now.

Ariwen
08-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Adventurers,

Your error message number is Wrong!! Error # 1026

Shevara
08-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Adventurers,

15 minutes? I clicked on update and it took 11 minutes to verify..now its downloading 21.8GB of data with 2 hours remaining on time :P

Syrely
08-14-2014, 05:05 PM

If you haven't seen this yet, then your being impatient... Wait for it to go through this process TWICE!!

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
it went into a full game download after that

Aahz
08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
We've updated our CDN with the fix. If you restart Glyph (it won't need to self-update) then you should pick up the correct file. If you still have an update loop after that, please post again here.

/aahz

Shevara
08-14-2014, 05:08 PM

If you haven't seen this yet, then your being impatient... Wait for it to go through this process TWICE!!

It went through that process 3 times before this last 21.8GB DL. :p

Shevara
08-14-2014, 05:09 PM
We've updated our CDN with the fix. If you restart Glyph (it won't need to self-update) then you should pick up the correct file. If you still have an update loop after that, please post again here.

/aahz

What about this 21.8GB DL Aahz? Should I let it continue and finish? Or can I quit out of it?

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 05:10 PM

/aahz
so should i cancel my 21gb download and restart glyph or just wait for the download to complete?

Bigglesworth
08-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Can't seem to copy the beta 21g file over to alpha cause it says glyph is using it, even though Im on a fresh reboot and it isn't even running 8(

Syrely
08-14-2014, 05:13 PM
It went through that process 3 times before this last 21.8GB DL. :p

Dang, that sucks. Mine went into a 27MB download and now I'm good.

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 05:14 PM

/aahz

Ty, hope it works

STILL WAITING FOR 21Gb DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did it come from, Aahz?

Shevara
08-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Just to let those of you on the 21gb download know I closed it out and am restarting Glyph...i'll let ya know what happens after this 14 min verify is done :P

Grammatikk
it goes back to downloading

Bigglesworth
Error #1026, that's new. oh and my disappearing game_pak just reappeared at 24g

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 05:19 PM
i think Glyph deleted game_pak folder (or tried to) so now it has to reinstall

Irista
08-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Having issues with both alpha and beta. Alpha gave me the 'you need a 21GB DL' which I shouldn't need it.

I canceled that download, remembered I hadn't copied my alpha over to my beta before today since the ~800MB DL that was up the other day. Copied my alpha into beta folder.

Beta launches, gives me the hack shield pro, and then the green ArcheAge splash screen, however the text doesn't finish lighting up. It gets to the last sentence then goes away and the game doesn't launch. Is this a related issue? Anyone have any fixes before I flip my computer desk?

I'd appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
check your anti-virus quarantine

Litvan
08-14-2014, 05:24 PM

/aahz

Kindda late when you've already gone back to the 21.8GB dl -.-
Hurray for complete re-installs/downloads on a ♥♥♥♥ty 20/2 connection

Vedrix
08-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Patcher doesn't work. It keeps saying "UPDATE" and it scans for 15 minutes then says complete, and the "UPDATE" button never turns to a "PLAY" button.

HatoriHanzo
08-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Adventurers,

And thank you to put Queue for Founders, we pay 150$ and need w8 ....nice job

Shevara
08-14-2014, 05:29 PM
it goes back to downloading

*sigh* Correct. :(

Ariwen
08-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Until someone officially gets into the forum and announces what's going on, or if your even trying to fix it. I will continue to trying logging in to the Server seeing as how North America Bets is up and running and able to log into.

Agrivane
08-14-2014, 05:32 PM
I got through to support and this worked for me:

GM Azmorph:
1. Please navigate to your Glyph Install folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph)
2. Right click on the file named GlyphClient
3. Click properties
4. Click on the compatibility tab
5. Click the check box for "Run this program as an administrator"
6. Click apply and then ok
7. Repeat these steps for the file called "GlyphDownloader" as well. (This is the game application file that runs when you click play from the launcher)

Aahz
08-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Very sorry about this, guys. We have pushed out a fix to our CDN. If you're still seeing a problem with a continuous update loop, please email me at cswiedler@trionworld.com and attach the contents of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Glyph\Logs.

If you still have problems, one thing you could do would be to try the repair option. It should not require a full redownload; it will go through the same 15-minute verification and then only download the files that you need.

/aahz

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 05:35 PM
any suggestion to people who ended up downloading the missing 21 GB of data?

Yuisoku
08-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Nice, download speed is 100KB/s when it can be 30MB/s. 40h to redownload whole ♥♥♥♥

islander914
08-14-2014, 05:39 PM
so i went back and right clicked on Archeage and chose repair (on the left side,with alpha chosen) it took 30min but it did work got red play button

Ariwen
08-14-2014, 05:40 PM

/aahz

Nope! Still have the same Error problem! Hit play it waits 3 to 4 minutes, then goes to update, bar on update shows nothing. Then Error message.

I can log to the north American beta, but cant anything else!

Yuisoku
08-14-2014, 05:42 PM
And btw people, it downloads that 22gb of data because Glyph deleted your game files, it is not downloading new 22gb on top of that ur 22gb. See the alpha folder and u see its empty or some 300mb only there. Then you realize what a mess this is

20kb/s 250hours remaining

Twinker
08-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I do not get the repair option. I did the open files and run as administrator. Once complete I then click on the glyph icon which then throws me back to the total prog dl. Frustrating, but better now in alpha than after we go live. Wife and I both having same issues, but we will be patient. Just hoping this info helps.

Grammatikk
08-14-2014, 05:48 PM
they should reimburse us : D !!!!

Bigglesworth
08-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Was finally able to copy the 21g beta pak over to alpha and now its updating alpha with 800megs .. *fingers crossed* oh and you have to set the glyph exe's to run as admin again guess it changed those back too.

Pox
08-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Same issue as the people above. The repair option began the 22gb DL again and my account settings say "The account you are using does not have the permissions required to access this game"

So any suggestions since I paid for the game and have been playing it fine until this happened.

and I use the authenticator, so my account wasn't "compromised"

Bigglesworth
08-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Success. First set the glyph client and downloader exe's back to auto run admin! The patcher deleted (overwrote) the alpha game_pak, so i just deleted the new one, copied over the beta game_pak, then it updated 830meg patch and now i'm in game.

if you happened to run the broken patcher on the beta pak as well you might have to redownload everything 8P

Xhamatos
08-14-2014, 06:00 PM
I am back to a 22 gig DL.. again.. 5 times last month.. and now it begins again.. canceling DL

LordRavenger
08-14-2014, 06:01 PM
when i running glyph for the first time its working fine, when i close glyph for break, then run glyph for the second time its showing error #1016, please help fix it.. sorry for bad eng.. :(

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 06:02 PM
so im up to 7gb downloaded so dont really want to "try" to do the other fixes ill just wait for the full download. :(

Darbud5
08-14-2014, 06:03 PM
"Yah, I'm having the same issue on Alpha. It went through a verification, then an update of like 15 minutes.....stopped working.....I had to use Task Manager to close it so I could reopen, and now I've got a 21.8GB download happening for the alpha. Man...what on earth is going on? Do I really need this huge-a** download?

Ariwen
08-14-2014, 06:06 PM

/aahz

No Joy, still not working! Rebooted computer, reopened glyph, Still get error code 1026
I can log into North American Beta, But not Alpha so it not my firewalls.

Donald0551
08-14-2014, 06:12 PM
can confirm recopying the beta client over to the alpha client folder does get the game running again

Johnny Warmonger
08-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Copy the contents from the Beta folder into the Alpha folder. Don't "Drag and Drop" you need to copy the contents

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Good that i always have a Copy of game files as backup to use them if i kill the game :D

Avionn
08-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Copy the contents from the Beta folder into the Alpha folder. Don't "Drag and Drop" you need to copy the contents

You have to have the beta version downloaded for that, don't you?

Darbud5
08-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Hmmmmm...yeah. I tried stopping and starting again, but it gave me 2 verification processes this time and still starts downloading 21.8GB. Looked good at first because it was hopping along at MBs then started dropping....dropping....dropping....to kb's which is a 15 hour download. Yeesh. Think I'll just try and patch the beta till whatever is happening with the alpha client is corrected. Unless of course I now really DO have to have that big-a** download...lol.

Aahz
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Same issue as the people above. The repair option began the 22gb DL again and my account settings say "The account you are using does nothave the permissions required to access this game"

Where do you see that "permissions required" error? In Glyph, or on our website?

/aahz

thejoda
08-14-2014, 06:22 PM
...........working as intended scapes?? or did XL forget to put this in the patch notes?

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 06:23 PM
i guess mine is working fine tho , i see red play button every time i run glyph , but when i press it it gives me 2 verrifying and then run the game so im not 100% sure if its broken or thats just the new way of launching the game :S i hope not :s

Bigglesworth
08-14-2014, 06:24 PM
re-download or copy beta pak and update and set to run in admin works fine now.

DanniBoi
08-14-2014, 06:26 PM
I can't even enter the server of my choosing, and when I wait long minutes to enter, the game kicks me back out.

Johnny Warmonger
08-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I got lucky because I had the Beta downloaded on my external HDD for my laptop.

DanniBoi
08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey... what I need to do to be able to get back in?! The game kicks me off out of the queue.

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 06:38 PM
i have no problems what so ever with running the game now , last 2 times i run glyph it only download 2 files 128kb and some 500kb file super fast and then game was up seems they fixed it

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 06:41 PM
o well maybe not completely but its working fine :D every time i press play it has that verifying loading and then downloading some super small file like few KBs and then run the game

Aahz
08-14-2014, 06:49 PM
o well maybe not completely but its working fine :D every time i press play it has that verifying loading and then downloading some super small file like few KBs and then run the game

That's very interesting. It should go through that short verification process with each patch, but once you have the right version, it shouldn't ever need to download anything. Can you please email the contents of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Glyph\Logs to me at cswiedler@trionworld.com?

/aahz

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 06:53 PM
sure in a sec

Irista
08-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Ok - so copied over the gamepak file from my backup. Still having the same issue. 'Error resuming dowloads error#1032'.
If I run Glyph in admin I get the same error.

The only difference between my backup file and what I had before the stupid thing deleted my gamepak folder from alpha was the ~800mb update from a week ago or so.

If I try to get into alpha, the update button is red but nothing happens... Every so often I'm getting some fatal run error message when Glyph opens, but then the authenticator kicks in and the message goes away. FML.

This is for the NA beta servers. Is this an issue server side?

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 06:56 PM
>< crap the log files are like 65MB and g-mail doesnt let me attach more than 25mb :(

Yuisoku
08-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Error 1034 halfway downloading, force close the Glyph. Start downloading again from start. Sigh, i guess i go watch some ♥♥♥♥♥♥, really wanted to play tonight

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 07:02 PM
This is what happens when i click Play every time in order
1- http://i.cubeupload.com/qBzuuB.jpg
2- http://i.cubeupload.com/QVrUs2.jpg
3- http://i.cubeupload.com/6cl8LF.jpg
4- http://i.cubeupload.com/qWwsJE.jpg

Pox
08-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Where do you see that "permissions required" error? In Glyph, or on our website?

/aahz

I click on "account" in the glyph launcher amd it opens a page in my web browser (https://archeagebeta.trionworlds.com/account/profile/manage-game?request_locale=en) where that message is displayed

AALust
08-14-2014, 08:06 PM
I have to different install of AA for now. One Alpha in Glyph folder and a Beta in Steam folder.

Beta launched via Steam works fine. Alpha launched directly via glyph had a verifying issue -> stuck on verifying with more than an hour on the timer...
(It was working fine yesterday)

After copying the game.pak from beta folder to alpha one, Glyph downloaded a small patch of ~27.5mb and game launch fine.

If that help anyone or identifying the issue (:

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 08:11 PM
huh , now things are a little different , i click play it runs a fast verifying and then another one but way slower and i was checking that during the second verifying its downloading some files i dont know what or why but the launcher is downloading something during that second long verifying by long i mean about 1 / 2 min , and then it downloads that 522KB file apply and run the game , thats what it does every single time i click play

Straw Hat Boy
08-14-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm usually calm about these sort of things but now I've had enough. After letting it run through it's process it then deleted my game, I then realized after reading this it has happened for a few people. Now after letting the whole file re-download it then proceeds to delete it yet again. I understand that the game is in Alpha but these "issues" are costing me money, Internet costs money. I'm at the point now that I am considering asking for my money back, enough is enough.

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 08:54 PM
:( yea its painful , what i learned from playing all the mmo games is that Force login / repair is euqal as deleting patch / the whole game so i never do that and also i always have a back-up of my game somewhere els incase something happens to my game i can just copy the game back to the folder

Straw Hat Boy
08-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Just grabbed a copy of the file from my friend down the road. He hadn't done the 900mb patch yet so I was hoping it would just download and play. Of course not, it does it's thing, downloads the patch and then deletes it again.

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 09:05 PM
:( did you tried to uninstall and install glyph ? maybe that helps , the thing with deleting the game is really weird at what point it deletes the game ?

Straw Hat Boy
08-14-2014, 09:15 PM
It will check local files, after it has gone through that twice it does a mini one and then begins to re-download. When I did it with the pre patch file it did it's "checking local files" thing, downloads the 900mb patch, does another tiny update and then starts downloading again. I'm now trying it will my buddies whole client re-installing glyph and all, it's now downloading the 900mb patch one more. :(

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 09:27 PM
i really hope it works for you this time mate :( i know how painful it can be , imagine i had to download the game twice with a super slow connection that took me 3days to download the game >< but my issue was now the glyph it was some weird error in downloading the game , anyway i hope u get it to work this time mate

lovedot
08-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Mine is doing the same thing, completely redownloading the entire game, good luck when im using an mobile internet dongle.....this is becoming a joke

Sicknessink
08-14-2014, 09:31 PM
i have 3gb to finish my 22gb redownload hopefully this works because it has took me 6 hours so far and im jonesing for my fix of archeage :P

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 09:54 PM
-.- this is so stupid and funny , i just wanted to try beta for the first time so i copy the alpha files into beta folder and yea red play button was on but then when i click it it run the game with no problem no verifying ♥♥♥♥ or downloads :| so its something wrong with alpha servers or i dunno :| cuz files are fine as they working for beta servers without the need to download or update anything

Sinarria
08-14-2014, 09:56 PM
time to sleep ! gn everyone i hope its all working fine when i get up or well IMA SMASH everything :D

Retro
08-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Copying over the updated beta client and overwriting everything asked in the Alpha folder seemed to work. I was able to launch the game this way and avoid the 21+ GB download..

lovedot
08-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Just redownloaded the full 21+ GB download 3 times with full clean installs and it is still continuing to do the exact same thing, love the game and wasnt regretting buying the founders pack until now. things like this speak volumes for what launch will be like, thats me done with this game.

Good luck to the rest of you guys hope it improves for yas

Peace
Lovedot

Hobojo
08-14-2014, 10:40 PM
My archage is broke now after it tried to patch. "Failed to load " error when I try to run the NA Beta. The Alpha one just tries to re-download the entire game.

Irista
08-15-2014, 12:47 AM
So mine is fixed. This is what I did...

First time around on the reinstall from backup I only replaced the gamepak file. This time I deleted both Alpha AND beta folders, and then copied my alpha file folder from my back up into the ArcheAge folder.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Glyph.

After doing this.. essentially hard re-set, Glyph verifies all your local files (took about 20min) and had another verification process that was pretty quick. The 900MB DL (because my interwebs sucks) took about 30min.

After all this Alpha launched just fine. I went to go get into beta, and saw there was a DL I needed to get.. it already being 11PM CST said screw it. But that's how I fixed my issue..

Note to those who had to re-download the whole game: Make a backup somewhere, your HD, external, whatever.. in case it happens again.

Good luck guys

PaCO
08-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Im sick of this ♥♥♥♥ so i quit.. bye bye cruel world..on to the repopulation..

Hayaku
08-15-2014, 06:09 AM
Does anyone have a repair button? My friend would love to use it but we both don't have it.

Dominic1354
08-15-2014, 06:23 AM

/aahz

As far as i know i get that error when i press on ''account'' in the glyph launcher, it takes me to the website and gives me this: The account you are using does not have the permissions required to access this game.

Unive
08-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Does anyone have a repair button? My friend would love to use it but we both don't have it.

You right click on ArcheAge in the glyph window and click repair.

In other news I don't feel like re-downloading the game so I think my alpha experience stops here, ive tried repairing but it doesn't work for me so ill just wait for release.

Hayaku
08-15-2014, 08:13 AM
You right click on ArcheAge in the glyph window and click repair.

The thing is that we both don't have repair in the drop down menu. I have it in Trove and for Rift I can use Steam repair. I didn't buy AA.

JSparks
08-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Why is this here instead of the patch notes?

Rival81
08-15-2014, 09:09 AM
I had the same issue lastnight, but I just closed Glyph and reopened it and it worked fine.

Tempete
08-15-2014, 09:47 AM
same here bro... error 1025, error 2023... i unistalled Glyph client... Copy the BETA into the ALpha with my Archeum pack... always failing to load the game... -.-

Varoz
08-15-2014, 10:26 AM
same here...
cant start alpha, but beta works fine...
waiting for a hotfix

chacolil
08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
The launcher does not work properly, it's a rather tedious process to just get it working. I had to re-install my entire game from my backup files just to get my alpha working, but now my beta is acting up since it asks for an update and it stays stucked. Hope the input helps in improving it.

trowie
08-15-2014, 11:29 AM
CBT 2 I had 60fps on high, CBT 3 I get 30fps on LOW.

Durrpette
08-15-2014, 01:29 PM
I had the same problem. I messaged support, but I was too impatient to wait for a reply so I just went in and messed around with the settings. I have both BETA and ALPHA game folders on my PC, so I just went in and set all the install folders to run from the BETA one, and it worked :rolleyes:

Blakkheim
08-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Here's what I do:

When you click ArcheAge and Glyph opens you see Update. Now go to a different Glyph game (Rift, Defiance, Trove) and then go back to ArcheAge and it'll now say Play. Quickly press it as you have about 15 seconds before Play turns to Update.

I have Alpha Founders Pack and only played Alpha, haven't tried Beta as no friends play this game yet.

Sirbalin
08-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Anyone getting this:

C:/Program Files (x86/glyph/libeay32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Been playing since alpha and beta all day yesterday, now getting this?

Zmaj
08-16-2014, 08:22 AM
I had to download archeage yesterday for cb3, now you guys had an update, and its making me redownload the whole game for the 2nd time..

mordyph
08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Communication would help.
Only thing I see is players trying to help players.
Could we get a word from someone from the game.
Or at the very least say we are working on the problem sorry for the inconvenience(its not that hard to do)

Stats
08-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I have had no end of trouble with this update. Endless loops and asking me to download 21 gb. in the end decided to do a clean install taken me 7 hrs to do that then i get into game game crashes i start up glyph a little loop then starts downloading 21 gb again this is not funny.

Deathspeaker
08-16-2014, 08:25 PM
indeed not happy with the lack of support for this issue. i've tried every which way of troubleshooting all ending up in the loop of death. it's like they only want us to play beta which works fine for me but none of my friends are on beta this round. I haven't been able to log in but once since the patch except for today i got half way in once.... then it crashed going from server select > char select screens.

I'm not some ave joe video gamer either. I've been playing/testing mmo's since EQ1 Beta. Also certified pc tech, when i say i've tested all angles and options.... i also had problems before this patch but work arounds were not as difficult or problem intensive as this.

Unive
08-17-2014, 04:32 PM
You guys need to just revert the launcher back to what it was, nothing was wrong with the launcher or patching process. Ive been unable to play since this patch.

Cheesy
08-18-2014, 05:38 AM
Just feels like we're being left in the dark, only to download their game over and OVER again, because they can't make something as simple as a LAUNCHER work correctly. I expect bugs definitely, but come on, re-downloading your game over is simply not as option for some people that are on data-caps. We should only have to download one single time. Not 3 or 4...

Unive
08-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Still cant play, all im asking for is some transparency, some "Hey this is what we're currently doing to fix this issue." So we know something is being done.

Juba
08-18-2014, 05:31 PM
So, I was able to login earlier today just fine (I have done the ridiculously time consuming file check on the launcher, that was introduced this last patch, already once) but I cant come back online anymore? Whats up? did you do something these past 2 hours? Some hotfix... or something? Its ok for me, cause it was clear that the patcher file check was not.. flawless.. Just keep on working on it...

Hope I can login soon... in the mean time I guess I go watch some series :P

E: oh yeah forgot to elaborate on to what exactly I mean about not being able to login anymore.. I'm trying to load the game launcher and for some reason it seems like it want's to start loading something, but nothing happens. There have been no changes to the load bar what so ever. Closing the launcher and starting it again doesn't work either. All it reads is "downloading glyph update", but there is absolutely no progress...

Malishan2
08-18-2014, 05:42 PM
I've been getting the time consuming verifying files every time irestart glyph also. It does a very quick verify, then about a 5 minute verify, then the play button comes up... This is how it's gone for the last week or so since patch 4.5.. now since logging in today for the 2nd time and I suddenly get the same thing and then an 8gb patch. No new patch notes, maybe just a stealth patch? Imo its very poor practice to post a patch without patch notes, even if it's just a hey there's a patch today! Ideally of course you'd not sneak in stealth nerfs etc.

If you just announce a patch, even if you don't tell us whats in it (lame) at least we would know we're not in some buggy patch loop.

Careby
08-18-2014, 05:43 PM
If you're in an update loop, try "Run as Administrator". Worked for me.

adrockcafe
08-18-2014, 06:09 PM
Well I started my update (8.03GB by the way - I may have missed it but i don't think I saw anyone else post about an 8.03GB update) and THEN saw this post. Doh!

Vedrix
08-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Everyday it's a new patch that's unannounced with a 45 minute decompressing period. Please revert the patcher back to a stable build.

Juba
08-18-2014, 06:38 PM
oh.. it started the download now... 8 gb?! Luckily I have pretty fast connection and it takes only 10 mins or so... but what is this all of the sudden? Is it part of the "improvements" introduced in the patch.. verifying the files and so..

Vedrix
08-18-2014, 06:44 PM
LOL. Best ever, the patcher doesn't stop, it's in an endless loop. I let it DL 8GB, then let it re-verify, then decompress. Now it's downloading 8GB again. It said complete and then started again on it's own. I wonder how many fake 8GB patches it will download if I leave it on while I sleep. Oh the best part, if I click cancel it does nothing. Nothing. I have to manually end the process to close Glyph.

Juba
08-18-2014, 06:49 PM
LOL. Best ever, the patcher doesn't stop, it's in an endless loop. I let it DL 8GB, then let it re-verify, then decompress. Now it's downloading 8GB again. It said complete and then started again on it's own. I wonder how many fake 8GB patches it will download if I leave it on while I sleep. Oh the best part, if I click cancel it does nothing. Nothing. I have to manually end the process to close Glyph.
That sounds pretty bad, oi...!! well "its alpha" and ♥♥♥♥ I guess... have you tried booting computer? That helped in my case when the patcher didn't even start downloading at first..

Lost
08-18-2014, 07:29 PM
I got the Archeum Founder pack just this morning. 13 hours or so later, and I still can't get past the launcher. I've had all the issues mentioned above. It seemed to get through the 8.03gb download, decompress, applying, but then stopped at the end there. I restarted launcher with Run as Admin, hit play button, now it just says verifying.....oh wait, now 5 minutes later hackshield just came up. Could this be it finally?

If not, someone please post when the launcher is working again so I don't blow a whole day watching it lock up again.

I'm finally in game. It took a really long time from hitting the Play button to actually launching the game.

Fiinch
08-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Is it just me or did this update screw up your log in ability? one account is fine, the other one? Can't log in. wth? I keep getting a tiny window that says, "verify user name and password" which is what Glyph does; or is supposed to do.

Telcahal
08-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Well for me I came on line to play Archeage instead I see the sign update so I click believing it to be just a 23mb file, instead it is a 8GB file and will take eight hours to download so it looks like no Archeage or Rift for me today.

Wackojacko122
08-19-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm having this Alpha update issue, i've been clicking th update last night and let it download till this morning, closed glyph restarted a couple times, still not working, i can't find any way to get in.

Sardokus
08-19-2014, 05:01 PM
I cant even get GLYPH to show Archeage as available for download...running out of time for beta and no fix in sight.

Darbud5
08-19-2014, 05:33 PM
STILL ISSUES WITH ALPHA GUYS!!! Downloading this morning (having ALREADY downloaded, played, and then we had that oh so wonderful 'improvement' to Glyph which caused a bunch of us to have to download 22+gigs of game AGAIN), then some 8gig download/update, and when I left for work it had 4 hours remaining. I come home 11 hours later to some jacked-up error (no..I was frustrated and closed it before writing it down.) It says "UPDATE" so I click to see how much time is remaining and OH MY FREAKIN' STARS......it starts to download 8GIGS (NOT MBs..GIGS!!) again!!!!! What the heck is going on?

Shy
08-19-2014, 09:06 PM
IMPROVEMENT OF GLYPH????? OR IS IT THE DOWNGRADING OF GLYPH IS WHAT YOU NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!! ID RATHER DOWNLOAD A 50GB 1 time!!!! than download a 8GB of file 10 times!!! BECAUSE OF THE FAILURE!!!!! THATS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!!

Wackojacko122
08-20-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm still having this problem, is there anyone from trion who can respond to these 15 pages, there has been responses before but people still having this probvlem, my 134 euros to support this game seems a bit silly now, can someone from trion respond to any of this, please. i still have it and i have no idea what to do, been downloading verifying closing restarting pc and all that for almost 2 days now.

Vedrix
08-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I think this is the 5th day in a row I've downloaded the same 8.56GB patch and got stuck in a loop.

Nukk
08-20-2014, 08:13 PM
No response after 5 days speaks volumes about the kind of support we're going to get when the game goes live. I'll try again tomorrow and if there's no response I'll reverse charges on my card and uninstall, had enough of this crap when NCWest tried it with Lineage 2.

Zatti
09-07-2014, 02:13 AM
please fix the Log-in issue. like error 2016 2025 thanks!

Zatti
09-07-2014, 02:14 AM
and fix all the errors as well for every players concern. thanks!

KyserSosae
09-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Glyph is not sending me the code to my email that I need to log in. I have re logged and reinstalled a few times and still no authentication code. Looks like Im not playing for the first day of head start.

Knox316
09-13-2014, 04:05 AM
Glyph is not sending me the code to my email that I need to log in. I have re logged and reinstalled a few times and still no authentication code. Looks like Im not playing for the first day of head start.

Same problem here.

Nari
09-13-2014, 07:28 AM
So frustrating.

Ferrark
09-13-2014, 07:30 AM
OMG i just at lvl 20....OMG OMG OMG run to fix the login issue