PDA

View Full Version : Help decide between Blighter vs Daggerspell

Barsen
03-09-2016, 05:18 PM
I cant decide between the Daggerspell (or similar mage class) and the Blighter (or similar). Could you help me with pros/cons?
I am more a solo player but I'd like to be able to defend myself if I'm attacked in open world.

Daphie
03-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Blighter is going to be all around better

AYataADay
03-10-2016, 08:10 AM
I cant decide between the Daggerspell (or similar mage class) and the Blighter (or similar). Could you help me with pros/cons?
I am more a solo player but I'd like to be able to defend myself if I'm attacked in open world.

Daggerspell has CC but does not have much survivability beyond that. If you are caught in a trip combo. You are pretty much done if your enemy knows what they are doing. However if you are able to get off a combo. You can win almost any fight (Gear depending).

So quick list

Daggerspell:
Pro: Has CC. High burst. Versitile
Cons: Squishy. Not Much Anti CC. Combo's can be countered by knowledgeable player.

Blighter is a stealthy tank class. Utilizing the defense tree it has a full Anti Trip, and with the battlerage tree it has a myriad of trips that can be thrown onto the enemy. It is able to both deal damage and soak up damage. However you can still be CC'd into oblivion by a mage as you don't have many CC breaks.

Blighter:
Pro: Tanky. Survivable. Access to defense tree. Ability to deal damage
Cons: Low Mobility for disengaging. Weak to magical CC. '

All in all. They are both good choices. Just depends on how you want to play.

Seearis
03-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Are you looking for pvp or pve?

In both cases I would say daggerspell. both will be more single target dps oriented and daggerspell will have much better sustain and cc for 1v1 pvp and pve. Blighter while also having alright sustain, not as good as abolisher, will be lacking in mana sustain. In larger group play both are fairly terrible but if you are a mage you can more easily spec into builds that are useful even with lower gear scores.

Although if you are worried about being attacked while farming i would recommend Cabalist (sorc, witch, def)

Dremlock
03-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Well... daggerspell is arguably the best class in the game and blighter is definitely not... so there's that

Blighters tend to fall into two categories:
1) Noobs
2) Extreme veterans that have accepted it's a flawed class.

Let's break it down into 3 skill brackets

Noob skill level-
Daggerspell: medium to play - very effective
Blighter: easy to play - very effective

Medium skill level-
Daggerspell: hard to play - medium effectiveness
Blighter: medium to play - medium/very effective

High skill level-
Daggerspell: Medium to play - very effective
Blighter: almost impossible to play - not effective

Dremlock
03-10-2016, 08:37 AM
You also say blighter (or similar classes)

Technically abolisher is similar to blighter, but it's like going from average footsoldier to near godlike warrior by just swapping 1 tree.

Xiomaro
03-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Daggerspell is a really strong class. There aren't many classes it struggles to beat 1v1. It's also great for PVE. No down time at all thanks to self heals and the Witchcraft mana passive.

Blighter is a crappy class. It used to be awesome. It's got a very low skill ceiling so it's easy to play it well but it's not going to win any even fights against most classes. It's also not as good at Darkrunner or Abolisher for PVE.

Moleman
03-10-2016, 12:54 PM
You also say blighter (or similar classes)

Technically abolisher is similar to blighter, but it's like going from average footsoldier to near godlike warrior by just swapping 1 tree.

^This. Get some good magic defense going thru obs lute, super cloak, mystic ward, gems and getting jumped by daggerspells is alot of fun XD

Barsen
03-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Thank you very much for helping me.
I am mostly looking at solo pve and small skirmish pvp. From what you are saying
- Daggerspell would offer superior gameplay but requires higher skill level
- Daggerspell can be re-spec to cabalist (Defense, Sorcery, Witchcraft) for anti-ganking
- Blighter is not a good choice and Abolisher is better

My natural question is how Abolisher compare to Daggerspell?

Moleman
03-14-2016, 03:12 PM
In my experience as an Abolisher vs. ~ equal geared Daggers is that Abolisher is more forgiving, but I couldn't do it without my Mystic Ward shield (or the cheesy 2k mdef pot if you don't have the shield). Not all but alot of Daggerspells have this set in stone rotation that involves banshee wail and they need the full fear+stun time to cast thier big meteor. Shrug beats the banshee stun and alot of times they aren't ready to get jumped as they are still casting. Bondbreaker beats their bubble, and you'd be surprised how many Daggerspells use bubble on a battlerage guy. Between Mystic ward, conversion shield, liberation+redoubt, and even shrug as a magic mitigator, plus revitatlizing cheer, you can useually eat meteor or godswhip damage where other guys are getting 1 shotted. If your redoubt is up, you won't get tripped in that meteor. (that's 3 cc breaks)

When you break the dagger rotation, tiger into bullrush (or tiger teleport if they haven't used their banshee yet cause it' s coming ;), then they are fek'd (no silence break). Long story short, a good Dagger Spell will be a challenge, a 'normal' dagger spell only has one chance to get you, if you break up their CC's you can take em. Love you daggers out there, you are the ones that keep me salty and sane!