PDA

View Full Version : Soloing Dungeons with Cloth - Spellsinger Class

kiloblaster
03-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Good afternoon -

I want to start soloing greater dungeons for various mob drops. Right now, I'm a spellsinger with cloth armor and staff.

My first question is; will full obsidian armor do the trick and as far as lunagems go, would you suggest stacking physical defense? I have also thought about a shield and scepter but wanted some suggestions first.

Thank you for your time.

rabbitdudxx
03-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Shield/katana or scepter is a must.

kiloblaster
03-11-2016, 05:31 PM
Good to know. Should I gem my gear with physical defense? I could see that being helpful not only in soloing dungeons but pvp as well.

Kapa
03-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Right now my gear is full obsidian with the Cruel Glory sash and Shadow Warrior's Shadows sleeves. Here are the gems that I use:
Hood- Phys Defense, choice of frost is up to you (I take the 20% stealth detection increase, but that's for pvp ~ try the cast time interruption frost)
Shirt- Resilience 480 (honor gem), 3% dmg reduction frost
Sash- Up to you for gems, I personally take the frigid tracks cast time decrease, 9 intell frost
Sleeves- I have a phys def 100 socketed then 2 50 phys def refined, 9 intell frost
Gloves- Evasion 3% increase, then lunascales evasion 1.5% increase, magic crit damage frost 16%
Cape- Delph, either version of hatchetblade is good for spellsinger, perfect wave frost
Pants- Toughness 353 (honor gem), toughness 353 frost
Shoes- Phys defense or move speed, up to you for gems, toughness 353 frost
Gem your weapon with magic attack or focus (focus if you plan on using some melee attacks i.e. overwhelm, shadowsmite). Use magic skill dmg 2.0% increase frost
Get wave earrings (Ayanad earring and guild prestige earring also options) and life rings @ epherium+ ~ dream ring also works as a substitute, but I believe its only good at unique/celestial
Wave necklace, use the highest magic attack frosts from loyalty on all jewelry
Bow- Wave, eph+ gemmed with magic def pen (no idea on frost)
Instrument- Obsidian flute and the warrior's medal ones are good- get the sorcery flute first and then the songcraft one. Use mgk def pen, no idea on frost
If using a shield, gem with 2% block rate first, then get the guild lunascales for 1%. Use shield block rate 2% increase frost
As a spellsinger, your class is very focused on extremely high burst, with the crutch of low survivability. For dungeons, I recommend an obsidian katana and shield for more phys defense. For pvp, katana/scepter + shield for more survivability, or a staff for high burst. Honor's Frenzied Nodachi is a must, keep it on your skill bar to switch out and use its passive for 25% increase in all attacks and -8% cast time for 10 secs.

kiloblaster
03-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Great! This has been very helpful, thank you.