PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my build?

NeonWhiteKnight
04-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Hey all! I've been working on a theoretical build ever since I found out about Archeage... I may be obsessed... I haven't even been able to play the game yet, so would you all mind helping me with this? The build focuses on quick AOE and escape.
Here's the build (http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=000110001111110116001011000011000030011100 110101001) <-sneaky camouflaged link

I was also thinking about gear for it. I was thinking leather for maximum critical chance and moderate intelligence bounus. Does this kind of thing work, or am I off? Also thinking about dual-wield so i can use parry to block ranged attacks and maximise the chance of turning blades.

on a side note, does turning blades bring all skills out of cooldown, or just skills from the battlerage tree?

Please help me... I want things to be awesome when I finally get in.

VMBarbosa
04-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Are you fine with going a Hybrid build? They are much weaker than a pure Magic or a pure Melee class.

And the turning blades refers to the Warfare (Combat) tree.

NeonWhiteKnight
04-15-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm absolutely cool with that. My idea for this build is to basically get right in the think of things, nuke and stun, then ♥♥♥♥ while the rest of the team cleans up. I know I wont do maximum magic or physical damage, but I'm okay with striking a balance and stunning the ♥♥♥♥ outta the enemy.

VMBarbosa
04-15-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm absolutely cool with that. My idea for this build is to basically get right in the think of things, nuke and stun, then ♥♥♥♥ while the rest of the team cleans up. I know I wont do maximum magic or physical damage, but I'm okay with striking a balance and stunning the ♥♥♥♥ outta the enemy.

Sounds like you're looking for high mobility so I would suggest in your magic tree switch out Firerain for Chain Lightning. Firerain is a channeling spell and Chain Lightning spell is an instant cast spell and I'm thinking you'd rather get in and out quickly instead of having to stand still and channel an AoE instead of firing off an instant cast one.

NeonWhiteKnight
04-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥... I didn't even realize that was insta-cast. thank you. I appreciate the help!

Senpai
04-15-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry to tell you, but that build will just die in the battlefield. Trust me you will do some damage, but when you get caught it's bye bye time.

If you want an awesome assassin melee build the most common is "politician" Battlerage, shadowplay and auramancy. this is so common actually but very efective. if you want a total magic assassin Sorcery, Shadowplay, and Songcraft. this class is called "Clown" It's a hit and run in massive pvp. It's the class I play.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/845/p888.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nhp888j)

NeonWhiteKnight
04-15-2014, 07:10 PM
That's sort of the point of the build. Total glass-cannon. My idea was to get in the midst of things, stun, nuke, get second wind from turning blades, stun and nuke some more. I would use auramancy to keep myself from getting stuck and blink to escape. The build is meant to fit a very specific role. I have firends that i'll be playing with pretty well all the time, so playing support isn't an issue for me. It's a risk, but i'll find a way ;)