PDA

View Full Version : most stationary pve build

Michigraf
08-15-2014, 06:09 AM
Hi there

I mainly use the mouse to play, I'm looking for a build that requires no (or very little) movement. I play mostly pve, but still want to be able to defend myself well against mobs or players.

I hope someone can give me tips or a build.

greetings michi

Coffey
08-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Demonologist for easy PVE? That class has everything you would want, alot of AoE, selfheals, CC, single target spells, kiting spells.

Michigraf
08-15-2014, 07:18 AM
thanks but waht skills should i use? i dont see any selfheal.

Coffey
08-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Magic Circle+Meteor for some nice initial burst.
Flame Barrier+Freezing Earth for aoe and slow.
Impale+Chain Lightning+Summon Crows for aoe and decrease accuracy.
Enervate+Earthen Grip for snare and selfheal.
Chain Lightning+Bubble+Arc Lightning for one target burst.
Chain Lightning+Dahuta's Breath, another aoe.
Play Dead for restoring hp/mana.
Flamebolt for single target stationary dps.
Mana Stars for kiting.

The build will change depending on what you want to do, solo dungeons, party farming, library grind, party dungeons.

For solo dungeons you will want Retribution.
For some party dungeons/farming you might grab Telekinesis to make some harder mobs an easy kill.
Searching Rain for more aoe.

As for passives you want range, crit and damage from Sorcery, you can grab mana ones if you have spare points.
From Occultism, Reprisal if you get hit, i.e while soloing, additional crit damage is nice too, if you have spare points.
Mitigation from Witchcraft helps alot while soloing bosses like Marmas in Hadir Farm. Baleful recharge and Augment helps alot.

rocdog
08-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Sorcery-heavy is probably your best bet, since their style of play is as close to a "turret" as you can get. You won't be able to get away with standing still all the time, i.e., standing in fire or waiting for people to come kill you.

Michigraf
08-16-2014, 03:22 AM
i think i will go for occultism/vitalism/defense with scepter shield and heavy armor for late game. for leveling in light armor and staff.

Coffey
08-16-2014, 03:34 AM
i think i will go for occultism/vitalism/defense with scepter shield and heavy armor for late game. for leveling in light armor and staff.
This is not 1.0 mate, you are late with that build, and light armor for caster, for what purpose? Also i dont think going plate on caster w/o auramancy to protect yourself from other casters is best thing.

Kriptini
08-16-2014, 03:40 AM
The build the OP is looking for is Cabalist. Sorcery/Defense/Witchcraft. I can't think of anything more "stand your ground" than that.