PDA

View Full Version : Animist, possible?

Nazrak123
04-09-2016, 03:52 PM
How would one gear up an animist? Is it possible with hybrid caster dps-healer build? Is the class worth investing money into? If so then what gear and weapon should I aim for?

atambo
04-09-2016, 04:46 PM
If you like the feeling of constant frustration, it is very much possible

Gamemako
04-09-2016, 05:43 PM
How would one gear up an animist? Is it possible with hybrid caster dps-healer build? Is the class worth investing money into? If so then what gear and weapon should I aim for?

I would still consider any vitalism+sorcery builds inadvisable due to the healing/magic split. Even when they can be done to some degree, they're fiercely niche. You would likely need two weapons for Animist, since you're probably not taking Vitalism just for Skewer, Mirror Light, and Resurrection. I don't think they can realistically address this without changing gearing quite significantly.

Nazrak123
04-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I would still consider any vitalism+sorcery builds inadvisable due to the healing/magic split. Even when they can be done to some degree, they're fiercely niche. You would likely need two weapons for Animist, since you're probably not taking Vitalism just for Skewer, Mirror Light, and Resurrection. I don't think they can realistically address this without changing gearing quite significantly.

I see.. Then do you know of anything close to what I am looking for? I'm really keen to play something that can do both dps and healing at the same time.. I know about paladins, but i want to play a caster.

Senjalle
04-13-2016, 02:42 PM
That depends what you are looking for.

If you want to weave heals and DPS together Gamemako is right, the weapon choices pretty much rule it out.

However for a genuine DPS/Support build, Gypsy (Sorc/Song/Vit) may suit you. Antithesis is pretty good damage used offensivly with a scepter (and still resets off Quick Recovery), and Sorc/Zeal builds require a bunch of filler songs to get to 11 in Songcraft while keeping the sweety bursty DPS. You can weave group buffs into your DPS while keeping the option to switch to a club and just heal stuff that hurts your team. Downside is it'll be really mana intensive, better invest in some pots!

Setrict
04-13-2016, 03:51 PM
I see.. Then do you know of anything close to what I am looking for? I'm really keen to play something that can do both dps and healing at the same time.. I know about paladins, but i want to play a caster.

Then you are in the wrong game. I want the same thing, but you can really only do one at a time. The most comfortable class I've had that can do both is boneweaver.

Something like this:
http://earlygame.net/archeage/builder?r=true#10.7.4/8kgz8G6Zksl1

You can pretty easily weapon swap to switch from dps to heals depending on your raid or group needs, but don't expect to be able to dps-swap-heal-swap-dps in the same way that an Argent or Paladin can mid-fight.

Cleric can be nasty too with weapon swapping if you are focused mostly on heals but want to be able to take on a single target if you absolutely have to doing swap->antithesis->discord->strain then either spamming discord (free fear) or kite with songs playing. Very mana intensive though. Discord with 50% cast times and zeal hits surprisingly hard.