PDA

View Full Version : Game won't start?

Wakanoid
08-15-2014, 02:38 PM
So I just installed ArcheAge on my external HDD and now whenever I push Play nothing happens?
How come?
I'm new to external HDD's so did I do something wrong? I set the install path to my HDD and all.
Thanks!

methodz
08-15-2014, 02:55 PM
I have had that happen to me on one of my PCs, the game was installed normally on internal C drive (OS). Clicked Play many times, nothing happened. Left it as is while browsing forums for similar problems. Around 10 minutes later the game started on its own while I was reading the forums. Apparently it was checking files, without updating the UI of what it was doing. On other PCs it worked fine and UI was updating.

Wakanoid
08-15-2014, 03:06 PM
I have had that happen to me on one of my PCs, the game was installed normally on internal C drive (OS). Clicked Play many times, nothing happened. Left it as is while browsing forums for similar problems. Around 10 minutes later the game started on its own while I was reading the forums. Apparently it was checking files, without updating the UI of what it was doing. On other PCs it worked fine and UI was updating.

So far I've been pushing Play for about 30 minutes, trying numerous things. Still nothing has started. It's my first time playing around with an external so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

methodz
08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
So far I've been pushing Play for about 30 minutes, trying numerous things. Still nothing has started. It's my first time playing around with an external so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

An external HDD is much slower than an internal one (USB transfer rate). So if Glyph is checking to verify files, and it took me 10 minutes, then your case would probably be 30 minutes or more. Don't keep clicking. Click once and leave it. The other thing you can try is to uninstall/resinstall Glyph in the hope it fixes the UI glitch.

Wakanoid
08-15-2014, 04:06 PM
An external HDD is much slower than an internal one (USB transfer rate). So if Glyph is checking to verify files, and it took me 10 minutes, then your case would probably be 30 minutes or more. Don't keep clicking. Click once and leave it. The other thing you can try is to uninstall/resinstall Glyph in the hope it fixes the UI glitch.
I've been reinstalling it multiple times. If I install it on an external HDD and push play should it still work?
Anyways, I've pushed play and I'm just gonna leave it. It's USB 3.0 so doesn't that mean it should be a little quicker?
So I'll just leave it for a bit and let you know how it works out.
Also, shouldn't there be some sort of process going on in my task manager or no?