PDA

View Full Version : Dark Aegis or Phantasm?

Pathiel
05-17-2016, 09:38 AM
I would like to try one of these classes. Which one is better in PvE and does anyone have any build suggestions? Thanks!

Moleman
05-17-2016, 10:16 AM
In theory, I suggest Phantasm. Auramancy helps Occultism more than defense does, plus it gives some more mobility, and a mana regen that you'll find Occultism sucks alot of. This build would have two modes:

Initiator mage to suck in and do lots of damage to a mob bunch.

OR

Stand around and sing all your songs so your buddies can mop the place up.
But once you start attacking the song aid ends.

I'm assuming you're not into weapon switching. Then that would be something else where you take more healing skills from Songcraft.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/402513

Notes to all the other theorists out there, I never take hearten with emplode. It's a waste. I never don't take absorb damage, it's righteous. And for the record, Song craft is the class I play least, but Aura and Occ I play most, so it is what it is.

I'm thinking sceptor/shield and you can do this in plate. If so, fit conversion shield in somehow. Cloth will do well on damage but you won't be nearly as tanky.

Gamemako
05-17-2016, 10:54 AM
What exactly are you trying to do with it? Different classes work well for different tasks. Normally, you want Witchcraft or Auramancy (or both) for PvE in order to get their mana recovery skills. Witchcraft becomes more useful later since its recovery is proportional to damage dealt, but Monstrous Desire will help shore up Auramancy's shortcoming and let you use the other strengths of the skillset as well. Mana problems are especially salient to your builds because Songcraft and Occultism are both pretty mana-hungry skillsets.

Phantasm would likely be marginally more useful in PvE, but neither class is likely particularly good for your use. Occultism and Songcraft do not play particularly well together, so you're relying heavily on the strong balance of Occultism + Defense or Occultism + Auramancy. Occultism-Defense is great for PvP and sometimes for tanking in PvE; Occultism+Auramancy is all-around handy but sees a few classes heavily (Skullknight, Revenant most of the time -- more rarely Bloodreaver, Nightcloak, Planeshifter, very seldom Astral Ranger, Phantasm, Edgewalker). The issue especially is that your selections don't do anything well for PvE. Skullknight will tank better, Cleric does all the buffs and healing you need, and various magic builds are better for farming.

F00G
01-25-2017, 04:04 AM
i plan on going to play this on the fresh start server
i used to play lamentor on legacy
using ode to recovery as my main dmg skill (charm + deepfreeze into freeze to fear, flamewall + bubble, and repeat)
but am looking for a different approach to a similar strategy

the songcraft abyssal skill (Abyssal Echoes) will be my main skill

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/451832
(might swap discord and quickstep)

basicly i stack 3 abyssal charges with startling strain, dissonance and alarm call, i do the performs and use the abyssal skill.
then i'll invuln or levitate my enemy and let the debuff do its stuff xD
i'll go cloth with shield/scepter most likely

Higorkovic
01-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Phantasm is good only if you're not affected by Skill Queue

If yes, your Mana Star will be too much slow, and will not cause damage using it.