PDA

View Full Version : Canīt decide between Hexblade and Argent

Athelian
05-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Hi guys, I am currently playing Hexblade right now but there will be several Battlerage and Defence nerfs in the upcomming patch . I have heard that Argent will be one of the most viable classes in patch 2.9. Is that true? Sould I give up my defence skills and cc from witchcraft for getting self healing and high mobility instead? Please help me with the choice. Both classes are fun to play though...

The Rain
05-25-2016, 11:14 AM
I think I can say the best thing about Argent is being able to be 100% healer and 100% dps with one simple build.
Battlerage+Thwart can stand on its own fairly well, While Auramancy+Vitalism is all you need to be a good healer (assuming you have the gear).

So I dont think the secret is Vitalism, but rather take Auramancy.

Hexblade is Battlerage-Witchcraft-Defense, Defense gets nerfed the most, Thwart is op as always. You can do like me and switch to Hex Warden.
You are gonna miss your self heals A LOT tho. People who used Defense+Auramancy combo will miss it even more then you when they switch (me).

If the self heals is what is important to you, then you're gonna miss some attack speed there. Argent is op because of the self heals + attack speed for a melee.

Your options are basicly:
Argent - high attack speed, high dmg output, self heals, not much cc.
Hexblade - lower attack speed, higher (not nessecarily needed) dmg output then Argent, and weaker self heals, cc from Witchcraft.
Hex Warden - high attack speed, high dmg output (between Argent and Hexblade potentialy), NO SELF HEALS (if you arent running enervate+earthen grip), cc from Witchcraft.
Dervish - low attack speed, kinda same dmg output as Hex Warden, decent self heals (no auramancy, gotta remember that), cc from Witchcraft.

It varies much on what kind of gear you are using. If you are using pure tank gear with a really good shield go Dervish. The dmg from battlerage, cc from Witchcraft and that summoned fiend + crazy blocks and self heals...
If you're more of a duel wield, Then either Argent or Hex Warden. I'd advice 2h for Hex Warden more.
Actualy Argent is the most felixble one. You can do most of the stuff with most of the gear options with it, and it will work.

Sorry for the long and digging post

blazethekush420
05-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Self healing and high mobility of argent is crazy good. You also have cc (trip and leech). I'd go argent, hexblade doesn't have enough mobility, although defense is quite good.

Athelian
05-27-2016, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will start playing Argent. I think Argent needs leather armor, obsidian spear and a shield, right?

The Rain
05-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Argent can kinda gear off from any kind of gear i think.
if you wanna main the heal part go cloth tho.
just go by who do you want the most protection against and what armor buff you prefare. if you want you can even run it with plate and magic defense shield. it works.

blazethekush420
05-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will start playing Argent. I think Argent needs leather armor, obsidian spear and a shield, right?
Obsidian shortspear is needed for sure. I'd get an obsidian shield too, but you can also swap the shield at times for an offhand weapon to do more damage (cold anguish or searing oath are good cheap offhand choices, you can get a fully gemmed cold anguish real cheap).
For armor id go either cloth if you want to be a healer sometimes, but you can't really go wrong with leather. I used to play an argent with 4 piece epherium flame armor for the +crit damage bonus and the rest obsidian.

Argent really can use any armor type, but if you want a "one size fits all" set I'd go with leather. 4 piece flame if you can afford it for more dmg.

The Rain
05-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Obsidian shortspear is needed for sure. I'd get an obsidian shield too, but you can also swap the shield at times for an offhand weapon to do more damage (cold anguish or searing oath are good cheap offhand choices, you can get a fully gemmed cold anguish real cheap).
For armor id go either cloth if you want to be a healer sometimes, but you can't really go wrong with leather. I used to play an argent with 4 piece epherium flame armor for the +crit damage bonus and the rest obsidian.

Argent really can use any armor type, but if you want a "one size fits all" set I'd go with leather. 4 piece flame if you can afford it for more dmg.

hey, you can decide on being adventurous and go 2h club. it works.
whichever you prefare, options are wide. id say cloth+shield is the usual argent because its a healer and you'll have balanced mdef and pdef.
if you dont take shield go leather, tho, for sure (any class has that rule if they dont wanna die fast).

Nodoze
05-30-2016, 03:25 AM
I would build around Obsidian Shortspear as it unlocks many classes. Leather is the easiest to start with and is the most synergistic with Cloth (can share a good pDef sheild) if you going to maintain a Cloth set to be a Primary Healer with.

That being said, if you have the honor to be able to get the mDef cloak a Plate Argent can be very nice. With the increased pDef penetration and Shield penetration it may be that a Plate Argent with the mDef shield will get even better.