PDA

View Full Version : Plz Change: Value of Burning logs/Archeum logs

Smit
05-25-2016, 09:08 AM
The braziers & trees vendor for 50silver. Could you look into raising the cost of the burning logs/archeum logs. My suggestion is 1g-1g50s per resource.
-Costs 15 labor to mine resource, 15 to mine/chop after 7hr growth timer
-PvP zone for entirety of the transportation to farm
-Farm is not in peace zone
-Current vedor price is 10silver?
-Obtains 1-3 trees/logs per chop/mine

The economic change this would have on the market would be quite interesting...Someone looking for a cool research paper/economic science fair project could speculate as to what the impact of the market would be:
How would raising the vendor price to provide adequate compensation for the labor cost effect the cost of mana wisps?

Really though...These materials should be capable of being made into lumber packs and delivered to Shadow merchants for a decent price.

alibaba
05-25-2016, 12:11 PM
No, players decide the price. no stupid ♥♥♥♥ like grow and vendor please.

Dynasty
05-25-2016, 12:30 PM
So.. ignoring the fact that you should be selling these on the Ah not vendoring them. And that AH prices are dictated by Supply & Demand and are so awful because too many people think its easy money to do these resources...

You want a potential 30s/l payout for doing absolutely nothing of value to the rest of the archeage community? You understand this is like saying, I grow pine trees, they take 3 days to grow and 20l to cop down, please raise vendor prices of logs to 3.5g each so I can make 45g per tree for my time and labor investment.

You may actually be in the lead for worst post ever on the forums.

TenDesires
05-25-2016, 12:30 PM
Vendor prices should never dictate the market price of anything.

Smit
05-25-2016, 12:32 PM
You say "No stupid <3 like grow and vendor" except cows and other meat products exist. Those vendor for a very high amount relative to the archeum trees or burning logs. Yes you can get higher by breaking it down and selling on the AH, but there is a minimum amount to them.

Archeum logs and Burning logs are utilized in very few recipes and therefor the market purchase amount per day is fairly low. The crystal market is also tanked to where revealing dust and even shard trees are not worth the labor required. Adjusting the NPC purchase amount to be viable to just sell off the logs would allow for an option instead of throwing more product at an already saturated market.

In a situation where a lower labor retrieval of the tree is potentially profitable, auroria fighter-farmers will have an option. This option will allow them to take the log and forgo getting crystals. This will lower the supply of crystals to the market place, thusly increasing price of crystals making them worth the labor cost to reveal again.

Alibaba, I do not think you have ever done trees/braziers, or at least not on a competitive server. The idea of "Grow and vendor" greatly over simplifies this pvp obtained resource that must be aged on a property where the resource takes up a LARGE amount of space. Show me anywhere in the carebear land you live in that compares to this?

Really, I'd prefer they just add more recipes that require archeum logs/burning logs, but that suggestion has previously fallen on deaf ears. The best solution would be to allow these logs to be converted into bundles and sold to Shadow merchants for a respectable amount of gold.........

Nextactus
05-25-2016, 12:34 PM
please for the love of all things good tell me this is a troll post....

Smit
05-25-2016, 12:38 PM

Beef vendor price compared to Trim Meat. Market lower limit dictated.

Can the people whom do not possess an inkling of economic understanding please stop commenting; also an understanding of the various elements of the game would be helpful. Just because the internet allows you the capability of posting your thoughts, does not mean you should. Please think if your comment actually adds any value, merit, or thought to the topic at hand before posting. Thanks

Smit
05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
So.. ignoring the fact that you should be selling these on the Ah not vendoring them. And that AH prices are dictated by Supply & Demand and are so awful because too many people think its easy money to do these resources...

You want a potential 30s/l payout for doing absolutely nothing of value to the rest of the archeage community? You understand this is like saying, I grow pine trees, they take 3 days to grow and 20l to cop down, please raise vendor prices of logs to 3.5g each so I can make 45g per tree for my time and labor investment.

You may actually be in the lead for worst post ever on the forums.

Agree with you Dynasty: Value has been adjust to be set to reflect a minimum wage approach to S/L. Edit found in primary post. Not a troll post, but the valuation was initially off.

Trees/burning logs are one of the most engaging elements of the game. It is probably the first open world objective based pvp that has inspired countless fights. Rivalries, alliances, back-stabbing...so many great elements. If you exist on a server that is dead, you should move, but those on active servers, this has been a fun time until the market crapped out. I'm suggesting anything to shift the supply/demand of the crystal market in order to revitalize the fight out in auroria. I am not sure TRION even knows how important this game play is to many of the players involved.

I strongly believe that the payout from this area should be more than potato farming in peace zones and less than sunken ships. The value of doing these however should be closer to sunken ships than potato farming. Since the economic shift is toward that of carebear, the Gods that govern the fate of all markets, TRION, should bring upon us a change which re-balances the ways of the world to re-invigorate a dying aspect of the game.

Focslain
05-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Beef vendor price compared to Trim Meat. Market lower limit dictated.

Can the people whom do not possess an inkling of economic understanding please stop commenting; also an understanding of the various elements of the game would be helpful. Just because the internet allows you the capability of posting your thoughts, does not mean you should. Please think if your comment actually adds any value, merit, or thought to the topic at hand before posting. Thanks

Well the vendor does tend to set the lower end of the market value, but that's a different conversation.

As for the vendor pricing it seems that processed goods are vendored at a lower rate then their raw mat counter part. Looking at your beef/trimmed meat example the vendor price of the trimmed meat is 1/6th the value of beef. Granted the value of the logs is way lower but it follows the pattern.

This might be to give a player more incentive to sell to others instead of an NPC.

With the change in the labour cost for combining archuem that too can be a sign of the same thought since now crystal and shard trees would be worth more.

Now I have to review my selling of beef as I did not see this originally. Thanks Smit.

Kuroyukihime
05-25-2016, 03:43 PM
I want thunderstruck tree to be 2 gold plz

Shantar
05-25-2016, 04:51 PM
Vendor prices should always be horribly low, they are the bottom of the barrel option for disposing of trash items ranking slightly above destroying them. They should never be a source of income or they would be bot farmed forever.

Smit
05-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Vendor prices should always be horribly low, they are the bottom of the barrel option for disposing of trash items ranking slightly above destroying them. They should never be a source of income or they would be bot farmed forever.

You give a lot of credit to botters if you think they could program getting waters or logs and e profitable...your comment is useless... do you support the lowering of meat prices then?

Archer logs and flaming logs are NOT the same as growing crops or objects in peace areas...they are more analogous to trade pack running...if trade packs could only be ran at specific times so you must compete for the one pack...so they are in fact nothing like pack running but their own pvp pack for limited resource

Rabarber
05-27-2016, 06:01 AM
Trees/burning logs are one of the most engaging elements of the game. It is probably the first open world objective based pvp that has inspired countless fights. Rivalries, alliances, back-stabbing...so many great elements.
Ehm, fishing, mining, minor world bosses, grim/crim, tradepacks, land rush/steal, kinda forget those? If auroria farms were the apex of ArcheAge world pvp we'd be ♥Potatoe'd♥

The market for these items follows the market of craftable gear and weapon very very very closely. Since everyone and their 3rd cousin's significant other are crafting and salvaging to make gold or in preperation for 2.9, the prices are dumpster.

Careby
05-27-2016, 07:20 AM
...Could you look into raising the cost of the burning logs/archeum logs...

...Trees/burning logs are one of the most engaging elements of the game...
...the Gods that govern the fate of all markets, TRION, should bring upon us a change...

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that a big change to the supply of burning logs and mineral water is coming in 2.9. The bad news is that you probably aren't going like it...