PDA

View Full Version : Plate gear question =p

Godriconian
05-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Okay so i have 11k Physical def and 3k magic def right now, i was wondering if its worth it to go down to 9k physical def and go up to 7.3k Magic def (with ancient library)

so i'd be sitting at about 9k Physical and 7.3k magic as a Pali plate user. anyone know if its worth it?

SECRET
05-27-2016, 03:19 PM
It depends entirely on what you're doing and who you're fighting.. If it's a very high geared 2h darkrunner with 3k+ armor pen, you want enough pdef so you don't go below 50% mitigation preferably, which is around 5k pdef after. So your 9k pdef right now should be good enough, which in response to your question makes it worth it.

In 2.9 half your shield will be penetrated by 2h users, making v2 shield + pdef version of obsidian armor the preferred route. I think 10k pdef would be good enough for 2.9 if you're using a v1 shield though.

Godriconian
05-27-2016, 03:29 PM
lol wut? V2 shield with pdef armor? You mean plate armor with the mdef shield? If that's the preferred route i wouldn't have 10k pdef in 2.9. you totally confused me man lol

SECRET
05-27-2016, 03:41 PM
lol wut? V2 shield with pdef armor? You mean plate armor with the mdef shield? If that's the preferred route i wouldn't have 10k pdef in 2.9. you totally confused me man lol

Obsidian plate armor pdef bonus version instead of mdef plate. Thought I was clear. And that 10k was in reference to using a v1 shield.. since 2h won't be penetrating an mdef shield, then ~9k with a v2 would end up being the same as 10k with v1 against a 2h dr.