PDA

View Full Version : Taris should not be Completely Melee Immune.

Rururu
06-03-2016, 07:02 AM
In addition to the Unbelievable disparity in difficulty when it comes to acquiring Taris' Mat as opposed to Kadum's Mat (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?280219-Taris-vs.-Kadum-T7-Mat-Difficulty-Disparity)

Killing Taris is made much more difficult by the fact that he is completely immune to all melee damage.

Taris is the new boss at the end of Mistsong Summit which drops the Mat (of which you need 30 of) in order to upgrade a 'Metal' Obsidian weapon (and plate armor) to T7, Mages who utilize scepters or staves and Archers have little reason to do the dungeon at all meaning that you need to somehow convince them that they should be doing painfully tedious Mistsong summit runs with you.

There has never been a monster in all of my years of MMO gaming which is so restrictive to the people who need it most, if this is some attempt to get people to help one another out of the goodness of their heart in a sandbox game where PVE is an afterthought i seriously doubt that it would work out, furthermore, the dps requirements of the dungeon prohibit people under a certain survivability or damage capability from being much use at all in the dungeon.

There is a wide variety of reasons why Taris should be fixed, none of which are related to the T7 mat, when taking into consideration that the vast majority of players who need it are going to be melees or healers who have absolutely no ability to damage it with their primary skillset, it begs to reason that Taris needs to be altered.

There is nothing creative or unique about an encounter which makes a boss entirely immune to one set of damage, it serves merely as an unnecessary roadblock, a lazy mechanic. As far as i know (since the boss can be killed by simply laying on fireball and endless arrows) the Spitespire which spawns during the encounter has little effect on the fight besides slowing your character down and occasionally launching crap in your general direction.'

Killing a Spitespire should make Taris vulnerable all types of damage or even switch his immunity from one type to another, this would be a much more reasonable boss mechanic than what Taris currently has.

I think most players in Archeage can agree that the requirements for metal T7 weapons and plate armor (As if you needed another reason to avoid plate) are outrageous when compared to T7 Wooden weapons, leather and cloth armor.

Change the Taris encounter or (ideally) implement a secondary method for attaining Taris' mat which is similar to that of Kadum's mat.

Yelotreetsu
06-03-2016, 07:06 AM
Have you hit the spitespewers? They feel like they have 95% damage reduction and INSTANTLY respawn.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ boss.

Rururu
06-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Have you hit the spitespewers? They feel like they have 95% damage reduction and INSTANTLY respawn.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ boss.

Spitespires should make Taris vulnerable to attack types of damage and take extra damage for a short period of time or switch his immunity from one thing to another, the boss is currently little more than holding down fireball or endless arrows and avoiding destroyed platforms for 5 to 9.9 minutes.

stupidgirl
06-03-2016, 07:10 AM
omg the horror of actually having to work with others that are different from myself to accomplish something! That might actually create some content, that would just be terible.

Maybe a whole guild of darkrunners and abolishers was a bad idea?

Rururu
06-03-2016, 07:16 AM
omg the horror of actually having to work with others that are different from myself to accomplish something!

Maybe a whole guild of darkrunners and abolishers was a bad idea?

My guild has some of the highest GS mages in NA Archeage and is capable of clearing Mistsong in 35 minutes or less, this doesn't change the fact that it is unbelievably unreasonable to force these players to run Mistsong at least 30 times for a material they don't even need, there are some people who don't have access to high GS mages at all who are solo players who are going to be forced to grind out the 216 lord's coins in order to attain their t7 weapons, the difficulty of obtaining this mat is much more obvious to them.

Zepfu
06-03-2016, 07:20 AM
Otherwise, a fun fight-- would be better if it dropped 3-5 mats however...

T7 a scepter/staff in less than a day. Could probably no life it and do 15 runs a day (5 every 5 hours-- not going for that 4th run in this scenario) and knock it out in a couple days-- but mindlessly exhausting.

Each run takes x amount of time from 5 people * 30 runs. Much greater than scanning the AH on first day to find barks and craft instantly for less than 10k mat investment cost... If you had to buy these things on the AH, I don't see them ever going for less than 1.5-2k/item. :/ The gold/time ratio is pretty high at least.

All that being said, priority raid heal targets = those who help me get my t7 mats. Ez. ;)

Rururu
06-03-2016, 07:37 AM
You could go into Mistsong with the most baller darkrunner group of all time and would be forced to damage the boss with your Epherium flame bow and then insta-wipe cuz it took 25 minutes. Feels bad man.

Ashleinora
06-03-2016, 08:27 AM
And that's why I started playing Riders of Icarus. I will never see a T7 weapon D:

Zepfu
06-03-2016, 08:33 AM
And that's why I started playing Riders of Icarus. I will never see a T7 weapon D:

Wtf is that?

Ashleinora
06-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Wtf is that?

A very fun game that i have spent only 3 hours on and can't wait to play more. What i like about it is you can tame any mount you see in the wild. Here's a link of mount battle https://youtu.be/Vd_BfKpLiVY It does have pvp and arena's but i think that's at a higher level

Focslain
06-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Thing is that archers need the Taris mat drop too, if we want the t7 version of our melee weapon. So there is a reason for archers to join the runs, something I'm preparing for as I know I have to kill that boss eventually.

From what I've seen only mages don't really need to run mistsong's 4th boss unless their plate wearers.

Zepfu
06-03-2016, 10:39 AM
A very fun game that i have spent only 3 hours on and can't wait to play more. What i like about it is you can tame any mount you see in the wild. Here's a link of mount battle https://youtu.be/Vd_BfKpLiVY It does have pvp and arena's but i think that's at a higher level

So is this another name for BDO? Even the video looks like one of the low level zones... O.o

Hopefully you are back in AA RPing soon. ;)

Ashleinora
06-03-2016, 12:10 PM
So is this another name for BDO? Even the video looks like one of the low level zones... O.o

Hopefully you are back in AA RPing soon. ;)

I didn't play BDO so i can't compare. I didn't quit AA, this is my go to game when i am done with guild stuff like how other people play Overwatch. Riders of Icaras is in closed beta still so its not a game i will choose over AA ftm but to farm for T7 is not in my agenda so that leaves me with nothing to do after daily guild things.

RP is life, RP is love :)

Aeith
06-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Another option to obtain Taris mats would be nice

Dragana
06-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Another option to obtain Taris mats would be nice
want to have another useless scrap system ?

NO
Mistsong is fine as it is now. Deal with it or dont go for obsidian.

I do not get people nobody is able to wait anymore nobody wants to work for anything anymore.
Dont you guys remember the work we had to do in order to get our old end game equipment? it took months not like in archeage where people have t7 already.

DesiGG
06-08-2016, 07:04 AM

NO

I do not get people nobody is able to wait anymore nobody wants to work for anything anymore.
Dont you guys remember the work we had to do in order to get our old end game equipment? it took months not like in archeage where people have t7 already.

They have T7 already because Kadum is RIDICULOUSLY easy to get the mat from. So it's "fine" for mages and archers to have T7 weapons, but no one else? If they wanted to make it "difficult" then they need to up how difficult Kadum is and change how his mat is dispersed, one mat for the raid who earns loot sounds good.

Sanrio
06-12-2016, 11:16 AM

NO

The amount of "work" for T7 metal weapons is beyond absurd, and this is coming from a day 1, 1999 EQ player.

You have to do a 5 man a dungeon that takes 30 - 40 minutes each run if you're all 6k+ gear score veteran pros and you have to run it 30 times per person who wants the weapon.

Each run costs about 50g person in consumables and every 3rd 4th and 5th entry for the day costs 50g per person. That's about 2000g a day to do 5x mistsong runs that would take a good group no less than 2 and a half hours a day, for 6 days straight PER PERSON.

Or you could just have a scepter, staff or bow and buy the T7 mats you need for 1000g and be done. <--- WTF!??!?!?

The disparity between metal and wooden weapons beyond insane. The mat should be no-trade and you should get 1 per person per run.

Delaque
06-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Yeah Taris needs to be reworked or at least have some mechanic to make Melee actually viable to dpsing the boss. Like i don't think there is any boss in the game that is completely immune to magic and Ranged attacks the whole boss fight there are examples of bosses that have partial immunities IE Sirothe in Serpentis but it does not stay immune completely the whole fight.