PDA

View Full Version : Damage reduction/offense damage question...

Godriconian
06-04-2016, 04:55 AM
Okay so i'm an extreme tank lol but lately things have been going crazy in both my damage taken and dmg being dished out.

I play a rather Beefy Hexblade and as of late the damage i have been receiving doesn't add up since the 2.9 patch.

Basically i'm a plate user with 9.5k Physical def and 10k magic def 26k HP 4.7k toughness and 3k resiliance (potted of coarse) 16% damage reductions between my earings, necklace and statue buff. ( during songs i get between 11.5k physical and 12.5k magic deffenses) (like i said i'm an extreme tank and should be hard to take down) I can also choose to pop my heartless vambraces which give 1k mdef for 15 seconds and berzerk 21% mdef reduction and jump into a mage ball and make them look like insects on my armor)

I'm not bragging i'm just showing my build so i may get help understanding how i'm being beaten by a 5k abolisher and other players.( i won the fight but considering the dmg he did/received he technically won

For offensive i have 850 attack power 2k focus ( not the best i know lol).... Plus wailing dead (sometimes use my epic flame geared narnya).

But here is what stumped me......So i found a dude during halcy today 5k abolisher against my 6.4k hexblade and i thought okay easy prey lol....(the dude was not potted AT ALL keep that in mind)

The guy was hitting me for over 1k dmg non crits and i was literally doing between 7-250 dmg to him with tripple slash and 500 dmg for precision. Also the dude was hitting me more than my guildie when i'm unpotted who has over 1.2k physical attack power.

There has been a couple other cases similiar to this. So what i'm asking is, is there some sort of dmg reducion/increase hack going around or something but since the 2.9 patch i'm having a hard time in pvp. Before i could take on like 5 people who were like 5k GS's as long as they werent fully potted lol at the same time and now 1 person is fcking me up.

Any idea what's going on? Maybe a new item that came out maybe a new mechanic or a hack or somin?

sobin
06-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Next time, post the combat log. One thing that it could possibly be, is that the dude was geared for defense pen which could explain the increased damage he did. Also, his tankyness might have been attributed to the halcy flare thing that increases defenses (i think?)

Rootytooty
06-04-2016, 10:46 AM
a good weapon will still hit hard through all of your reductions. you have a bad weapon and gear score doesn't mean anything.

can you post both your gear and his?

kokokokoko
06-04-2016, 02:36 PM
He most likely has higher pdef pen than your guildy...
Use a v1 shield to swap to.
Use combat boost: ward grimoire which gives 5% damage reduction.

You can also get the serpentis shield which is 21%? damage reduction for 9seconds. I forgot the exact amount, I think that's right. It's an amazing swap effect, because when I use it I have over 40% damage reduction for 9 seconds.

Use toughness pot to reduce dmg, resilience pot for group pvp tends to be better though. Especially if you're vsing a lot of mages/drs. However, if you're solo or doing small scale, the damage pot/books are always going to be better.. you'll be ~1k melee, maybe a bit higher. You need a balance between your offense & defense, otherwise you'll be useless and can't kill anyone.

You and I, we pretty much have the same stats. I've got a hexblade tank I use to use, but no longer do since I prefer mage. He's 30k hp buffed, I'm not sure if that 26k is buffed or not. But I've never had similar issues. I also have no clue why you would be using wailing dead.. that's such a wasted point. Also, what do you mean by "berzerk 21% mdef reduction"? Are you talking about Frenzy? If so.. please.. don't use that.. if they have a single melee on you, you're pretty much swapping the damage and negating nothing, you'll probably end up taking more damage in the long run.

I hope you're using lots of the minor & major health pots, because hexblade sort of depends on it. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to win 1v10s.

This is the build I use as hexblade, with 1 point leftover
http://earlygame.net/archeage/builder#3.1.2/8THlTzJZvGE

That last point should be in toughen for solo pvp or lasso for large scale.

Godriconian
06-04-2016, 03:04 PM
If you would have read i said the dude was unpotted

Kokokoko...... as i stated i had 4.7k toughness and 3k resil (potted) read please don't just spit out garbage. wailing dead is amzing FYI..... wailing dead + narnya plus my normal stats allows me to far quicker take down people and take their ♥♥♥♥ like on freedich...... Also wailing dead does not break CC's anymore so you can cc lock a target and cause them to take dmg while they can't do jack squat.

I have a delphinad epic flame gear on the narnya aswell, so when i cc lock someone between the 3 of us i can take down 6.5k abolishers and other tanks like myself fairly easily. i destroy a hauler in 2 seconds.

and fyi frenzy (which i called berkzerk) works amazingly........ I use behind enemy lines or tiger strike into a mage ball pop frenzy>banshees wail> wailing dead once i'm in i don't use and attack spells and just cc the ♥♥♥♥ outa people while the wailing dead+ narnya do the dmg.

Also i use the same build on on my alts who are 5kGS and run packs out of hellswamp 3 wailing deads 3 narnya squires *other two have celstial flame* plus the chars themself. When i get attacked people don't normally last long or try it again lol. I will run 3 wailing deads /narnyas protecting 1 cart if things get hairy or run 3 freighters 1 per each. So yes wailing deads rock especially when you have 3 of them + narnyas cc locking a target into oblivion lol
i can guarantee it wasn't his def pen lol

kokokokoko
06-04-2016, 03:48 PM
If you would have read i said the dude was unpotted

Kokokoko...... as i stated i had 4.7k toughness and 3k resil (potted) read please don't just spit out garbage. wailing dead is amzing FYI..... wailing dead + narnya plus my normal stats allows me to far quicker take down people and take their ♥♥♥♥ like on freedich...... Also wailing dead does not break CC's anymore so you can cc lock a target and cause them to take dmg while they can't do jack squat.

I have a delphinad epic flame gear on the narnya aswell, so when i cc lock someone between the 3 of us i can take down 6.5k abolishers and other tanks like myself fairly easily. i destroy a hauler in 2 seconds.

and fyi frenzy (which i called berkzerk) works amazingly........ I use behind enemy lines or tiger strike into a mage ball pop frenzy>banshees wail> wailing dead once i'm in i don't use and attack spells and just cc the ♥♥♥♥ outa people while the wailing dead+ narnya do the dmg.

Also i use the same build on on my alts who are 5kGS and run packs out of hellswamp 3 wailing deads 3 narnya squires *other two have celstial flame* plus the chars themself. When i get attacked people don't normally last long or try it again lol. I will run 3 wailing deads /narnyas protecting 1 cart if things get hairy or run 3 freighters 1 per each. So yes wailing deads rock especially when you have 3 of them + narnyas cc locking a target into oblivion lol
i can guarantee it wasn't his def pen lol

I said nothing about him being potted? Unless you're talking to someone else.

Yeah, I saw you say you're potted, where did I say anything otherwise? All I said about pots were which to use and when to use them.. More offense would have been better than defense in your 1v1 situation, i.e. the dmg honor pot instead of toughness. I did ask if your HP was buffed though, since that's very low.

And if it isn't *pdef pen*, which he can easily achieve 3-4k of, then what is it? The only other answer would be his weapon, which may be a legendary+. And you told us nothing about these factors. Also, there's no reason to be rude, I'm just trying to offer advice since you asked.

Regarding wailing dead.. are you using the 9 point passive, or are you only putting 1 point in it to use preemptively along with your other pet, right before a fight? I've used it plenty.. along with the exact same pet but with a legendary flame set. I don't think it's that amazing and see it as a waste. I'd like to see what build you're using to see what you're sacrificing to pick up in witchcraft.

TheWiggler
06-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Well, just to help you, unlike some of the argumentative comments here. There ARE in fact mods that boost certain values (damage, def pen, parry etc.) sadly they are hard to detect or prove. This is an extremely buggy, insecure game technically speaking.

kokokokoko
06-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Well, just to help you, unlike some of the argumentative comments here. There ARE in fact mods that boost certain values (damage, def pen, parry etc.) sadly they are hard to detect or prove. This is an extremely buggy, insecure game technically speaking.

That would take a lot of effort to decrypt the packets and edit them, which is entirely detectable btw.. and even then unless trion has horrible server security you can't do what you're proposing. There aren't any mods which edit it since it isn't client side, character data & stats are entirely server side.

@OP

Do you use the 3% dmg reduction or toughness gem on your chest? I'm just curious based off what you previously said. The 3% dmg reduction is almost always going to be better. It's rather easy to reach 26%+ now, plus the serp shield swap for equip effect and they do almost nothing for 9 seconds.

Here's a toughness spread sheet,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zJxw9KFXTz_-lhieTzGDjzk9Mdi-xiDl_VPW5zD2kzk/edit#gid=0

Cohiba
06-06-2016, 06:12 AM

this is a myth fam, it only changes the displayed numbers in your character stats window, not your actual combat stats

I actually have a solution for your problem tho. Since you were saying the guy was hitting you really hard and you talk about "berserk" a lot
I bet you just accidentally activated frenzy without noticing and your defense dropped to 0 and the guy almost got you because of that :) is the only reasonable explanation really lol
and it makes a lot of sense, considering that would rip off your entire physical defense.. maybe this case is explained that way?

The Rain
06-07-2016, 07:27 AM
Basically i'm a plate user with 9.5k Physical def and 10k magic def 26k HP 4.7k toughness and 3k resiliance (potted of coarse) 16% damage reductions between my earings, necklace and statue (wth what statue?) buff. ( during songs i get between 11.5k physical and 12.5k magic deffenses) (like i said i'm an extreme tank and should be hard to take down) I can also choose to pop my heartless vambraces which give 1k mdef for 15 seconds and berzerk 21% mdef reduction and jump into a mage ball and make them look like insects on my armor)

I'm not bragging i'm just showing my build so i may get help understanding how i'm being beaten by a 5k abolisher and other players.( i won the fight but considering the dmg he did/received he technically won

For offensive i have 850 attack power 2k focus ( not the best i know lol) (not the best? O_O) .... Plus wailing dead (sometimes use my epic flame geared narnya)

AM I SO NOOB? Q_Q

You and I, we pretty much have the same stats.

You and him, crazy :/