PDA

View Full Version : Why were axes killed?

emellgee
06-04-2016, 01:27 PM
The hidden passive effects of certain weapon types has been adjusted.
Axe, Greataxe: Chance to regen health equal to 2% damage dealt for 3 seconds, internal cooldown 45 seconds.

Why did they take the bleed away? No one used axes anyway, it's not like it was an extremely OP passive. Leech monkeys have been shying away from axes since the dawn of time. Smart players that didn't rely on leech could try to time their precision strikes around bleed procs. I just don't get the change, and yes, I've always been an axe advocate.

TheWiggler
06-04-2016, 02:10 PM
the game's getting more restrictive... sadly

kokokokoko
06-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Yea, that's pretty ♥♥♥♥. If it were 20% of damage dealt for 3 seconds, that actually might be pretty good.. but 2% is going to end up being a few hundred health healed at best. Essentially worthless.

TheWiggler
06-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Yea, that's pretty ♥♥♥♥. If it were 20% of damage dealt for 3 seconds, that actually might be pretty good.. but 2% is going to end up being a few hundred health healed at best. Essentially worthless.

lol and that assumes you weren't hitting an abolisher in divine/epic plate and doing " LUL" damage, probably healing for 50 health :D

emellgee
06-04-2016, 07:30 PM
just any logical explanation would be nice ... I think I know of maybe two other people out of two servers i play on that abused bloody chantey + bleed + precision strike ... yeah that was kinda OP, but wtf it's not like you didn't have to work for your nukes

Raaaa
08-10-2016, 04:36 AM
15k damage=only get 300hp lol

Lancet
08-10-2016, 05:47 AM
just any logical explanation would be nice ... I think I know of maybe two other people out of two servers i play on that abused bloody chantey + bleed + precision strike ... yeah that was kinda OP, but wtf it's not like you didn't have to work for your nukes

So combining songcraft & battlerage - What's OP about that, exactly?

Tenki
08-10-2016, 07:46 AM

Bloody Chantey rank 2 (55 songcraft) gives +18-26% skill damage.
As of 2.9, it also gives more of an attack speed boost than 3x thwart.

Tightpooty
08-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Bloody Chantey rank 2 (55 songcraft) gives +18-26% skill damage.
As of 2.9, it also gives more of an attack speed boost than 3x thwart.

You can also reduce their defenses by 50% with the charm effect using bulwark :)

suriiii
08-10-2016, 12:24 PM
You can also reduce their defenses by 50% with the charm effect using bulwark :)

now if only they would make zeal give 150% melee crit dmg

Ecm
08-10-2016, 01:08 PM

suri no back BACK don't give them crazy ideas staph it!

emellgee
08-10-2016, 02:33 PM

Not cheesy OP. Strong OP. You are missing the bleed + precision strike part of the OP equation. In brainstorming as to why axes may have lost their bleed proc, it was the only thought I could come up with. That, or it might have had something to do with the defense penetration on obsidian axes and bleed + precision strike making axes too strong of an offensive option. Who knows if it went that deep for the devs at XL in any case.

The bleed inherent to battlerage isn't as consistent as the bleed from axes was, if that is what you were implying.

spawncrazymonkey
08-11-2016, 05:16 AM
Axes are not dead I dual wield two axes one divine and one epic both t5 with those plus gems I have 1k defence pen when they did the changes I couldn't tell a difference in when bleed was applied on them but I could tell a huge difference in my damage due to the defence pen

suriiii
08-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Axes are not dead I dual wield two axes one divine and one epic both t5 with those plus gems I have 1k defence pen when they did the changes I couldn't tell a difference in when bleed was applied on them but I could tell a huge difference in my damage due to the defence pen

This nerf mainly effected ayanad axes. Obsidian axes are still fine of course because defense pen op.

Cohiba
08-12-2016, 05:29 AM
This nerf mainly effected ayanad axes. Obsidian axes are still fine of course because defense pen op.

def pen is getting rekt in 3.0, basically they are doubling armor and not doubling def pen

zeal will give exactly that in 3.0 :) they are expanding it to affect all damage types

TL;DR all your fears are coming in 3.0 lmao, game gonna go crazy I really wonder what will happen xD

Lll
08-14-2016, 06:21 AM
It's going to be fun playing songcraft crit dmg melee & archery builds.