PDA

View Full Version : Powered Gliders

RacerX
08-17-2014, 11:04 AM
An Idea for the gliders is a engine for the gliders craftable with iron and wood (propeller) powered by methane gathered/refined from farm animals waste

Alderez
08-17-2014, 01:51 PM
It'd be a cool premise, however I think it'd have to be carefully balanced so that it didn't become a flying mount of sorts, and it would have to consume eco-friendly fuel at a massive rate.

RacerX
08-17-2014, 03:05 PM
It could become a flying mount with the engine only craftable at a certain level. And why would it have to consume fuel at a massive rate? I mean even something like a forklift in real life running on propane runs easily all day long

Rooan
08-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Glider + engine = plane :S

samusdude
08-18-2014, 03:23 PM
It could become a flying mount with the engine only craftable at a certain level. And why would it have to consume fuel at a massive rate? I mean even something like a forklift in real life running on propane runs easily all day long

Pretty sure it's an intended feature that there's no flying mount, it makes climbing something rewarding. It would have to consume fuel at a massive rate in order to balance it, if you could fly further/higher using an engine they'd have to make a downside to it in order to keep the gliders that already exist as good as they are.

In my opinion the gliders are pretty amazing as they are, I'd hate to see an engine, and I'm extremely glad there's not flying mounts, nothing worse than exploring a world by mounting up, flying to a safe height and auto-running whilst looking at a map and dodging the occasional tree.

RacerX
08-20-2014, 05:52 PM
I am the opposite...I found out this game had at least gliders and because of that is what sold me on the game...otherwise I prolly wouldn't of even downloaded it. But there is alot in this game that is cool. Housing,boats and stuff. But it was because of the gliders that I even found out that that even existed

TheDevilYouKnow
08-20-2014, 07:45 PM
they're already bringing out steampunk skateboards, whats next after planes? Jetpacks?

pk90
08-21-2014, 06:52 PM
I can advocate for better gliders but not to the point where they are essentially fly mounts.

In most MMOs, flying has become the new way to walk. Gliding to me, feels different and as mentioned above, a lot more rewarding!