PDA

View Full Version : [feedback] New arena system and honor in general

Luniliel
06-07-2016, 03:18 AM
it has been a week that we ascend.
i'm quite fan of the new class balancing which provided more use of uncommon skills. but there are a lot of problem with Pvp promotion in this patch.

im not going to talk about too much of open world pvp but i'll only say that the approach is quite illogical : you provided a celestial gear worth 4k7 in gearscore for new players or casual to be relevant in pvp and make the world lively... but on the other you punish quite hard he open pvp by increasing the honor loss.

you should be reWarded if you participate in pvp in most case...even if you got stomp... because you did pvp whatever the outcome. if things are notreversed, the small resistance against big guild will cease to exist.

my second point will be on the new arenas.. im currently at 4k8 in ranking... whichmakes me 1st on my server.
the new system has legit goals : make more fair fight..
problem is now i cant find any !!

this is quite sad to think that im so high in point that maybe 1-2 people can match up with me..nowadays i fight the same people over and over .
First you made the arena not spammable, now you made them impossible because the system is not working on one server.
either get rid of it or make the arena queues region wide.

Phazedd
06-07-2016, 03:41 AM
I'm getting 600+ honor every pvp event now I can't complain with the new system, sucks for healers though

Thenijiway
06-07-2016, 04:13 AM
people still go arena?
thought that place died ages ago

arby
06-07-2016, 06:12 AM
you provided a celestial gear worth 4k7 in gearscore for new players or casual to be relevant in pvp and make the world lively... but on the other you punish quite hard he open pvp by increasing the honor loss.

That gear is nowhere near anything I'd be willing to wear in pvp. I would think showing up to halcy or mm in that stuff would just make you a target, tbh. And above all, I agree that the new honor loss is completely punishing.

The only people that get any kind of incentive to PvP now are the ones that already are fully geared and gemmed and literally can't lose to anyone but the small handful of other players like themselves. And those guys don't even fight each other, they're all too busy smashing "plebs" for free and easy honor and bragging about it. Why would they want to risk losing a fair fight, which will cost them honor points, when they can basically farm honor points off all the others?

So now you have the only people gaining honor in pvp are the ones that really don't need it, while the ones that really do need it actually lose honor every time they try to pvp. Yeah, this was a great idea; good job again, Trion.

And arena? LOL, people still bother??

Cohiba
06-07-2016, 06:20 AM
That gear is nowhere near anything I'd be willing to wear in pvp. I would think showing up to halcy or mm in that stuff would just make you a target, tbh. And above all, I agree that the new honor loss is completely punishing.

The only people that get any kind of incentive to PvP now are the ones that already are fully geared and gemmed and literally can't lose to anyone but the small handful of other players like themselves... and those goes don't fight each other, they're all too busy smashing "plebs" for free and easy honor and bragging about it.

So now you have the only people gaining honor in pvp are the ones that really don't need it, while the ones that really do need it actually lose honor every time they try to pvp. Yeah, this was a great idea; good job again, Trion.

And arena? LOL, people still bother??

To be fair I think you are underestimating the free gear by a lot. Even with almost 7k GS I can die in 1 combo to an enigmatist wearing the soulforged stuff... yes.. even that "crappy" staff is enough to hit a combo over 20k damage on a decent target.... the issue is usually not gear, but the fact that people with low gear just don't bother with fighting.. which can be a good thing, because they should focus on earning gold to gear up

what this actually does, is that strong PvPers can rack up higher amounts of honor. And these players, who are usually kinda trustworthy, can then sell their honor to others and gem their gear, which can be beneficial for everyone.

There is 2 problems with this system tho:
1. healers get barely honor at all, while songcrafters get tons.. this punishes healers for focusing on healing and kind of hurts them...
2. honor loss increase was unnecessary. It should have stayed at -5 to be honest, going to mistmerrow shouldn't make you lose 100honor, that's just not how it's supposed to go. It feels like buying an honor buff pot is better than not buying it, because you REALLY need to survive and get kills or you literally end up losing lots of honor... The system wasn't like this before and people don't lose honor in arena either, it's quite counter intuitive. Rebirth trauma is usually more than enough of a loss for dying in PvP... it makes no sense to lose so much honor, you guys are right. There is no reason to hurt the weaker players, when this patch was supposed to be about closing gear gap and helping the lower end of the PvP chain to climb up :3

hazzmatt
06-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Many people I have talked to really loved the "catch up" gear. It does encourage PvP. The losing 10 honor per death is annoying for most however. Darkrunner/spellsingers aren't having any issues because they are able to get kill shots so one kill equals three of their deaths. But for someone like single target healers and skullknight, who are crucial to open world, large group, they might get 4 honor every 4th kill that a Darkrunner has killed. If the Templar is healing the skullknight only (assigning one healer to a disruptor is not uncommon) that healer will receive 0 honor because the skullknight doesn't get any kills.

I really enjoy the new honor system but getting credit for assist and waking should probably be revised. A fix could be to track the buffs/debuffs given to a target (skewer, hellspear, crows, vicious, summon wrath, mirrors light, infuse shield, renewal, mend shield, defiance buff)

Then again killing the leviathan gives you a buff that safe guards your honor. Just kill the leviathan and this won't be a problem. :)

Luniliel
06-07-2016, 08:30 AM
people still go arena?
thought that place died ages ago

Arena is one of my prime honor farming since i'm Pirate + a healer.

arby
06-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Many people I have talked to really loved the "catch up" gear.

I don't see it myself. I have what I consider to be an under-geared abolisher, 4148 gs with 690ish melee damage, and after a few runs in halcy and mm it was pretty obvious to me that I was not ready, gear-wise, to pvp with that toon yet. My labor alt farmed and crafted his way to 50, got the shiny box of soulforged gear, all jemmed up with the freeby jems, and with the starter jewelry (other than the freeby necklace) he's at 3900 gs with 530 melee damage... that is nowhere near ready for pvp. Well, maybe it is if you want to never gain any honor while feeding it to your enemies.

It's good for "now I'm ready to hit the library and start farming mats for my obsidian" but that's about as far as I'd push it.

If they're truly concerned about people getting "too much" pvp honor, implement some kind of diminishing returns system so you gain less after you get to a certain amount in a day or something, don't just take it away from 2/3 or more or the players.

hazzmatt
06-08-2016, 11:46 AM
If they're truly concerned about people getting "too much" pvp honor, implement some kind of diminishing returns system so you gain less after you get to a certain amount in a day or something, don't just take it away from 2/3 or more or the players.

or just kill the leviathan to safeguard your honor with the buff...

But seriously, it is a good start, its much better than quest gear and even GHA (besides set bonuses), if you get lucky on the costume, u can really get a head start and the cape they give is celestial, witch btw, can be used for synthium in guild capes, I'm not sure how much xp it will give... but it is gonna to be a a lot. Also his gearscore is boosted because none of those T2 gems broke, very rarely do you see someone with full T2 defense gems in their hat, nb4 "Everyone one in my guild has only hero gems", shut up, im not talking about your guild. I'm talking about the average player. I would say this gear is more around 3.2-3.4k in comparison with an actual gear score. Gearscore inst everything, certian weapons and armor are just better because set bonuses and item bonuses aren't factored in. For instance 2H, they are more scary than anything else right now, but very rarely do you see them with more than 6k gearscore, but trust me... they will blow up even some high 7k+ gearscore tanks.

on a side note... anyone else feel like this gear is more balanced than the balanced arena gear? just sayin...

Ryofuhousen
06-26-2016, 12:42 AM
There's never anyone to fight... :mad:

It's always, "No opponent found.":confused:

"Please try again later.":(

Trino arenas are like the cable guys from Southpark.:eek:

"Oh you want to do arenas?":rolleyes:

"Oh, that's too bad.":p