PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Server Transfer Removal

XxwatsupxX
06-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Vote yes to have Server Transfers removed.

This has begun to destroy some servers and we need to stop it before it destroys more. Vote yes so we can submit this thread to trion world's and xl games! Players that wish to transfer should have to create a new character not be able to transfer their 7k gear score characters to server who barely have an average of 6k. Guilds transferring are causing unfair advantages to each side as well. Please vote yes for this petition.

Use #AATransferBan on twitter saying yes to banning character server transfers and also don't forget to use trion worlds, xl games, and archeage as your tags.

Shiverwind
06-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Giving people the freedom to choose what server they want to play on not only boosts morale and the gathering of friends, but also helps boosts income for maintnence, employee wages ect.

I haven't needed to use transfers but I know a lot who have used them and a major movement coming up soon as well. If you don't like what happens to your server, you to can pick a new one :p

Figg
06-08-2016, 05:04 PM
I think that it needs to be 60 or 90 days not 30. Better 90 days.

Transfers should be a rare thing that happens maybe once or twice in a players game life. Not a tactic employed by guilds to "shake things up." Or because they are board with the current server they are on.

blazethekush420
06-08-2016, 05:08 PM
The cat is out of the bag. Too late to change it really. It's not like people couldn't re roll before by selling their gear for apex and using credits on new server

Shantar
06-08-2016, 05:09 PM
I really like the dynamic that the server transfers cause. No more resting on your laurels in easy farm mode, be on your toes, defend your territory, step up to the challenge. It's a dangerous world we live in..

Thenijiway
06-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Vote yes to have Server Transfers removed.

This has begun to destroy some servers and we need to stop it before it destroys more. Vote yes so we can submit this thread to trion world's and xl games! Players that wish to transfer should have to create a new character not be able to transfer their 7k gear score characters to server who barely have an average of 6k. Guilds transferring are causing unfair advantages to each side as well. Please vote yes for this petition.

Use #AATransferBan on twitter saying yes to banning character server transfers and also don't forget to use trion worlds, xl games, and archeage as your tags.

http://i.imgur.com/H0MwuAjm.jpg?1

skullhead51
06-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Server transfers don't need to be removed. Trion just needs to do a better job determining server balance and putting a cap on server transfer amounts to nearly balanced servers or a cap on one faction for imbalanced servers.

Bramble
06-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Giving people the freedom to choose what server they want to play on not only boosts morale and the gathering of friends, but also helps boosts income for maintnence, employee wages ect.

I haven't needed to use transfers but I know a lot who have used them and a major movement coming up soon as well. If you don't like what happens to your server, you to can pick a new one :p

We already have the freedom to choose what server we play on . . . with our friends . . . when we make characters on servers where our friends are. "Server Transfer" capability isn't the well spring for this.

What's in discussion is HOW server transfer is being utilized by some, and whether that mode of use is stepping over some bounds or not.

I generally agree with Figg who stated:

Transfers should be a rare thing that happens maybe once or twice in a players game life. Not a tactic employed by guilds to "shake things up." Or because they are board with the current server they are on.

Then there is blazethekush420. Don't be silly blaze, everything in a game is subject to change . . . if it's deemed warranted by the dev house.

The cat is out of the bag. Too late to change it really. It's not like people couldn't re roll before by selling their gear for apex and using credits on new server

Skullhead51 I'm in agreement with also. Skull seems to be THINKING about the issue at least, nice job.

Server transfers don't need to be removed. Trion just needs to do a better job determining server balance and putting a cap on server transfer amounts to nearly balanced servers or a cap on one faction for imbalanced servers.

To me the issue really comes down to what is the purpose of Server Transfers in the minds of XLG and Trion. We know what it DOES, and how you do it. What's the intended value add for the game and it's various communities across servers? Which then leads you to limitations and boundaries . . . if any are being crossed . . . which then tells you if there is an adjustment due (or not).

I think I already articulated that /ponder in a different thread:

The other side of the coin might be however (depending on where Trion & XLGs heads are at in this regard):

What was the actual intent of allowing Server transfers? Then evaluate current conduct and occurrences against the original intent.

Then identify if this is yet another case of "this is why we can't have nice things" . . . because all the kiddies can't behave.

If they agree one of the target purposes for server merges is to allow "zerg guilds" to intentionally roam servers for no other purpose than to trash servers . . . because they can . . . then it'll be left as is of course. But, if the idea is to play the game on a chosen server, and "manning up" if you will as part of that server community, instead of bleacher-standing out not part of any server community . . .

. . . it's possible they'd reconsider the issue of server transfers, how that is allows (or not), etc.

So, people went whole hog on road blocks . . . in safe zones . . . to an indiscriminate degree that caused that "play style" to be re-assessed.

Using server transfer privilege to act outside any mode of server/community investment as gamers in favor of the inbred Nitwit Squad mentality could (perhaps) cause the same kind of re-assessment.

Just a thought anyway.

Heero Yui
06-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Or just transferring their gear by AH.

DavidBrendan
06-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Completely agree. They should be rare, players, guilds and factions should have time to prepare well in advance. I think twice or three times per year would be more than enough to satisfy the small group who want them, while not enraging the rest of us. I chose Kyrios and for a time I believed I chose very well, we were most active, most populated and the envy of all other servers, then transfers happened and destroyed it all.

Nahlem
06-10-2016, 11:08 AM
I agree with increasing the length but not the overall removal of the feature.

PooperJackson
06-10-2016, 12:03 PM
I saw a good suggestion. Raise the transfer limit by 30 days everytime you do it on your account or character.

So first xfer 30 days, second 60, third 90. So if you plan on just spam transferring for whatever reason, you cannot do it.

Nahlem
06-10-2016, 12:20 PM
I saw a good suggestion. Raise the transfer limit by 30 days everytime you do it on your account or character.

So first xfer 30 days, second 60, third 90. So if you plan on just spam transferring for whatever reason, you cannot do it.

I agree, good suggestion.

Mudbone827
06-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Hmmmmm, #OLLO4LYFE

Thecat
06-10-2016, 12:46 PM

man i wish they could do better job then just check traffic and dont understand few servers that are dead ppl have 5-10 accs per person so for trion data the server looks alive but it just few ppl left so grinding gold, server health should be defined by MM,Halcyona and abyssal.

romonster
06-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Overall, server transfers have been very good for my server. I think they should stay.

Focslain
06-10-2016, 01:05 PM
man i wish they could do better job then just check traffic and dont understand few servers that are dead ppl have 5-10 accs per person so for trion data the server looks alive but it just few ppl left so grinding gold, server health should be defined by MM,Halcyona and abyssal.

Why should server health be determined by events that are not necessary to advance? Other then MM being the location of a boss, the event itself is over by the time the spawn happens.

Halcyona and Abyssal don't give anything that can't be earned via other methods. So at their core they are not needed and only an option to earn rewards that are given elsewhere.

MonolithD
06-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Just last night some guys said in faction "We came here because we heard it is nice here, no pk and stuff"

That didn't work out for them