PDA

View Full Version : Attempt to Reconnect option

Azulon
06-11-2016, 02:52 AM
One of the most annoying things I find on AA is that when you get Disconnected the whole client needs to get closed. This is extremely annoying after the 2.9 update I've been frequently getting disconnected now. I have to say I have a stable home connection. I don't know why this always happens to me. This assnoyingly happens during Trade runs and some events.

Now I wish instead of crying for 5 minutes and waiting for the whole client to relaunch hoping our haulers arent driven away. I hope we could just try and reconnect to the game it would be so much better than having a heart attack. thanks!

Krison
06-13-2016, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing this option myself. There have been times when the action stops on my screen in the middle of a battle, and I know my connection just dropped to the servers. Sometimes, a few seconds later things will start moving again, but I'll still end up with the disconnected by the gods messages. Once that pops up, you are out of luck and have to log all the way back in again from the beginning. By then it is certainly too late.

I'm sure there are some people out there with PCs that can load up the game from scratch in under a minute. However, I don't think that is the majority of players. 3 to 5 minutes might be more likely for others. That certainly doesn't make an Owner's Mark on a hauler much good. It's a given that internet connections can certainly have an effect on MMORPG gameplay, but this game makes it even more of a detriment and an impact for players.

Perhaps a way to increase the amount of time before the game decides you've been disconnected might help too? I'd assume the client would keep trying to re-connect until a set time out is reached. Then, give you the dreaded message about disconnecting. A longer time frame, might give you a better chance of skipping over a brief internet blip or two.

harutora
06-14-2016, 02:20 AM
Yes please!! Stop closing client on disconnect and send us to a reconnect screen or server select screen.

Keretus
06-14-2016, 04:00 AM
unfortunately, something like this would be possible for XL's version of the game quite easily, as the actual archeage client provides login authentication, but it will require much more thought to implement for Trion's service. because Glyph generates a unique authentication session for every connection (and then passes that to the client upon game launch), Trion would need to work with XL to seamlessly integrate this feature into Glyph, because when you get disconnected, you need to reauthenticate (through Glyph.)

in summary, it's definitely a great improvement, but will likely be too much work to implement for this to become a reality.

harutora
06-15-2016, 09:52 AM
unfortunately, something like this would be possible for XL's version of the game quite easily, as the actual archeage client provides login authentication, but it will require much more thought to implement for Trion's service. because Glyph generates a unique authentication session for every connection (and then passes that to the client upon game launch), Trion would need to work with XL to seamlessly integrate this feature into Glyph, because when you get disconnected, you need to reauthenticate (through Glyph.)

in summary, it's definitely a great improvement, but will likely be too much work to implement for this to become a reality.

Blast it all!!! Damn PC Trion and their over zealous nonsensical security measure that doesn't stop botting!!