PDA

View Full Version : Family Farm, How Does it Work?

Gorirra
06-14-2016, 09:21 PM
So me and a friend brought a plot of land to start farming on, We are both in the same Family but when she sets the usage permissions to "Family" I can't seem to do anything other than "show information about the construction" and "Make your surroundings brighter" , is this correct or is there something wrong here?

Alara
06-15-2016, 12:11 AM
That is correct. You'll be able to use the equipment on the land. For the normal scarecrow farms this means basically you can also turn the light on and off. Oh and plant stuff of course, which is the biggee right?

Mailboxes work as well. If it's a house with crafting stations, those as well.

Gorirra
06-15-2016, 12:20 PM
So I can't access the "Use machines or tool" or "use the store" features on our scarecrow? is there a way I can access these?

Alara
06-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Actually workstations don't work for family members. I have no idea why, but they only work for characters on the same account. They work for opposing faction chars on the same account, but not for family members on different accounts. It's wierd.

wooglemoogle
06-16-2016, 07:31 PM
i assume it's for the same reason beds can't be used for labor regeneration or NPCs summoned by anyone except the owner. Generous souls with public properties could allow these to be used by everyone, which would defeat some of the exclusive benefits to investing in these items.

Perhaps things may change in 3.0 as they're doing some adjustments for Family benefits. Although I don't know how drastic these changes will be.