PDA

View Full Version : Your attempt to fix your toxic game..... FAILING

Alianne
06-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Archeage is still just as toxic.. with all the ♥♥♥♥ you, no ♥♥♥♥ you, fine go kill yourself comments.... Why in the heck do you allow players to tell another player to go kill themselves? I should be able to right click their name in chat and report them for language.. not just spamming, but I guess then the problem is someone looking at the report, then another problem is someone doing anything about it.... This has got to be the most toxic and horrifically mean and nasty game I have ever played in 44 years. Just incase people don't know there is a difference between pvp and just plain evil chat being allowed in a game. I wont even let my 13 year old play Archeage... I know I am talking to the wall but after watching 6 people tell someone else to go kill themselves and even two explain to the person how to go about doing today, it I had to come vent about it. Now I am off to play another game with more control over their in-game chat.

Smit
06-18-2016, 05:18 AM
Maybe the aa community could use some manner lessons, but what gaming community are you letting your kid into? Dota/LOL? Cod? Aa is actually tame compared to those

Krison
06-18-2016, 05:59 AM
You're not alone Alainne. I've seen my share of the same venom some players just love to spout endlessly. It's a sad testimony to the state of the world. I don't get why people feel cutting others down makes them any better or more important. Thank goodness for the block feature. I think I've used that more frequently in this game then any other. If more people used that option, these self absorbed jack-wagons would have no audience left to grand stand to and hopefully go back into the dark holes they belong in. Some days I just flip over to my guild chat tab and avoid faction all together. I'm sorry what is suppose to be fun and enjoyable is ruined by mindless others. But, thankfully not everyone is like this. I hope you have met a few good people as well in the game. Don't give up on them. I think Archeage needs a lot more players like you around to make it a better place.

Kosman
06-18-2016, 07:10 AM
You are going to get this in just about every game. Perhaps something that is not an MMO or something more family oriented like Wizards 101?

Ej the maverick
06-18-2016, 06:28 PM
The weird thing is, there is a chat filter which will block out offensisive words like Trion if you apply it, so really no need for Trion to take matters further, iggy list works too.

wooglemoogle
06-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately, even if Trion took more direct measures, I don't think it would change too much. That's because PvPers in AA are a huge percentage of the playerbase and PvP communities in general are some of the most toxic. Only have to look at FPS and MOBA games to see that.